What do you think about the world?
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Civil Disobedience

Post by Atokal »

Xyun,

anarchy

\An"arch*y\, n. [Gr. ?: cf. F. anarchie. See Anarch.] 1. Absence of government; the state of society where there is no law or supreme power; a state of lawlessness; political confusion.

Spread anarchy and terror all around. --Cowper.

2. Hence, confusion or disorder, in general.

There being then . . . an anarchy, as I may term it, in authors and their re?koning of years. --Fuller.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

anarchy

n : a state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government) [syn: lawlessness]

Is what you are describing. Where people are injured and property is damaged it goes beyond civil disobedience and enters the realm of the anarchist.

If you disagree with your government or leaders it is your duty as a loyal citizen to object. However, it is not your RIGHT to harm another individual or damage his or her property. There is another law to deal with that, because when you reach that point you have become nothing more than a common criminal.

Cheers
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Thanks toker, I know the meaning of civil disobedience. I was making fun of the fact that you emphasized the word does instead of the word not in your post.

nm... it's over your head.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I guess mine too, because I didn't understand what the fuck you just said. Is that even a sentence?
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Xyun wrote:Thanks toker, I know the meaning of civil disobedience. I was making fun of the fact that you emphasized the word does instead of the word not in your post.

nm... it's over your head.
There, can we follow along now class? I edited and used a bigger piece of chalk.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Or some simple quotations would do.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Point taken Xyun, wasn't over my head was merely a wrong assumption based upon our past differences on these boards. Fixed my other post and for the second time in two days I say thanks for pointing out the error.

Cheers
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli