Who will get more casualties on the coaltion?

What do you think about the world?

Who will get more casualties on the coalition?

Iraqi's
48%
Helicopter crashes
52%

Total votes: 23

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Who will get more casualties on the coaltion?

Post by Zamtuk »

Everytime I turn on the tv some helicopter is crashing. How can this happen so frequently? Bad training? Or shitty choppers? So far I think the count is Iraqi's 2 Choppers 23
Braxter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Braxter »

Did you just actually post that? People died in those crashes. Show some fucking respect.
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

The first chopper was an old model they crash all the time and is commonly reffered to as the Sea Coffan. As for the other one No clue.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Humorous but dumb question. Considering hundereds Iraqis have died already.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Humorous but dumb question. Considering hundereds Iraqis have died already.
way to read the thread.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Part of the problem with choppers in the desert is that when they fly at low altitudes, as they are often required to do, the wind kicks the sand in the air and obscures their vision. The 2 that crashed into each other though I think did so at sea. I'm not sure cuz I just caught a glimpse of it at work yesterday.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Wasn't meant to be disrespectful, but look at the fucking news, past two weeks four choppers went down. (including the black hawk in NY) That should say something to you, like what the fuck is going on. Is it the helicopter or the pilot?
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

this thread needs to get removed...
Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

a lot of the UK's choppers are aging and not suitable for environments with lots of blowing sand (most were built during hte falkland islands conflict.

It is the same with Canada and our sea king choppers. They badly need to be replaced but no one makes choppers like them any longer. In fact just a couple weeks ago the HMCS Iroquois went out to head up the UN coalition naval fleet in the gulf and it's sea king crashed when they were a day out at sea. They turned back to get their helipad repaired and there was no replacement available for the helicopter.

They don't make sea kings anymore.. the company that builds them has replaced them with sea hawks.. which don't really fulfill the role needed by the UK and Canadian naval forces, and they cost 6.4 million each. (they also suck in the desert)

The kind of helicopter that crashed in the US was a CH-46, which is a dual rotor workhorse chopper that are usually launched from aircraft carriers. I don't know a lot about them other than the fact that they all got grounded about a year ago because inspectors found serious defects in several of them.. I'm surprised that they were allowed to fly again since you are now reading about the consequences of that.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

The UK used Sea Kings and collided at sea.

And on the topic of this being a mean and fucked up post, I have twenty dollars saying this will make The Daily Show and/or SNL and earn some laughs. So lighten the fuck up about it. :roll:
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

Zamtuk wrote:The UK used Sea Kings and collided at sea.

And on the topic of this being a mean and fucked up post, I have twenty dollars saying this will make The Daily Show and/or SNL and earn some laughs. So lighten the fuck up about it. :roll:
bring your ass over here and go to all the camps and into Iraq and just ask the coalition this same question.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

LOL! Are you in Kuwait? If so, keep up the good work soldier, I'm glad you can take the time off of 'serving your country' to come to the vault. WTF are you doing on this message board in the middle of a fucking war? I support our troops 100 percent but goddamn, if your playing on the fucking computer, I must say that I'm shocked. I really don't know what to say.
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

Very true the H-3 Sea King is an old platform and has been out of service in the U.S. for a few years now. The H-46 Sea Knight is also getting to be old and will probably be gone very soon itself. The H-53 is one of the Newer Platforms being used and is very impressive upclose (its huge).
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

Zamtuk wrote:LOL! Are you in Kuwait? If so, keep up the good work soldier, I'm glad you can take the time off of 'serving your country' to come to the vault. WTF are you doing on this message board in the middle of a fucking war? I support our troops 100 percent but goddamn, if your playing on the fucking computer, I must say that I'm shocked. I really don't know what to say.
well dipshit, perhaps you have no fucking clue what you are talking about...i'm a computer geek in the army (i fix computers smart guy)...you figure out how i get on the vault. you think you know everything, well guess what shit stains, you're all wrong.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Posting on EQ messageboards.. FOR FREEDOM!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Spangaloid_PE wrote:well dipshit, perhaps you have no fucking clue what you are talking about...i'm a computer geek in the army (i fix computers smart guy)...you figure out how i get on the vault. you think you know everything, well guess what shit stains, you're all wrong.
You don't say.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

This thread is in extremely bad taste, that putting it lightly. Zam if you were thousands of miles away in a very dangerous position perhaps the opportunity to get a taste of home or to read something familiar would appeal to you as well.

Probably not though since the brains that god blessed you with would not have been sufficient to keep you alive long enough to miss home.

HEY ALL LETS TAKE BETS ON WHICH OF THE COALITION FORCES WILL TAKE THE MOST CAUSUALTIES!1!!!

Spang be safe and God Bless, see you when you return home bro.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Taking bets? Thanks for reading the thread toker, I see God blessed you with the same brain as me. :roll:
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Spangaloid_PE wrote:well dipshit, perhaps you have no fucking clue what you are talking about...i'm a computer geek in the army (i fix computers smart guy)...you figure out how i get on the vault. you think you know everything, well guess what shit stains, you're all wrong.
In case anyone was wondering, he's not lying. :) IP address matches what he's saying.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I have no doubts he is telling the truth, it just struck me as odd for someone to be in the middle of a crisis (fixing comps in kuwait is still helping out in the crisis) to find the time to peruse the internet.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

...just becouse he is in Kuwait doesnt mean he has a rifle in his hand and is on a hummer blowing the shit outa iraqis 24/7!!! Obviously there is a lot of downtime...and giving 15 minutes of that amount of downtime to browse the internet doesnt mean jack shit
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2879343.stm

And another... In Afghanistan though.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

He is Army. Then he should know about Opsec and not be posting here at all, no matter how innocent the post.
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

He is Army. Then he should know about Opsec and not be posting here at all, no matter how innocent the post.

Sorry Bubba but OPSEC doesn't pertain as long as he doesn't say or post anything that could be sensitive. None of which I saw in any of those post.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Denadeb wrote:

Sorry Bubba but OPSEC doesn't pertain as long as he doesn't say or post anything that could be sensitive. None of which I saw in any of those post.
True, but I still get the nervous twitch when I think about it. Habit born from experience years ago in my military days.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Spangolied!!! If you truly are in the Middle East I thank you for what your doing and please be safe, If your not well seek help.

2nd of all can I use your character while your gone :wink:
Gurugurumaki
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Gurugurumaki »

The army pays Spang to play EQ, to learn ub3r tactics for RL warfare. TT
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

I still voted chopper crash
Bujinkan is teh win!
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

Cartalas wrote:Spangolied!!! If you truly are in the Middle East I thank you for what your doing and please be safe, If your not well seek help.

2nd of all can I use your character while your gone :wink:
no
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

Gurugurumaki wrote:The army pays Spang to play EQ, to learn ub3r tactics for RL warfare. TT

now that would be a kick ass job...unfortunetly i have no way of logging into EQ while i'm here