I fucking did it...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I fucking did it...

Post by Noysyrump »

... I started playing EQ again.

Riverwind called me Toe! That's one single person that has recognized me.

Asslanna log on and come PL my ass.
Sick Balls!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: I fucking did it...

Post by Aslanna »

Uh. No thanks. I gave up my celestial fists! Although I was thinking lately of logging in and just messing around for a bit. But I don't even have EQ installed on this computer. But the thought of that is depressing when all my gear wouldn't be very usable due to not being an active subscriber.

I did go back a few years ago and got back into it for maybe a year or so but the hamster wheel got old after awhile. Grind and raid to get where you need to be then 6 months later they add 5 more levels, 500 more AA, and stronger enemies which puts you back where you were a year ago as far as power level goes. It's basically just cut and paste now with abilities and spells but I'm sure that's due to not having that many developers. And there being only so much you can do in a 20+ year old game engine.

I get that it's no different than any of the live service games like Destiny or whatever but EQ relies too much on raiding to get the decent gear and when I was back playing the last time it was hard to get 54+ people on during raid nights who actually paid attention and didn't want to give up after a wipe or two but I'm sure that is highly guild dependant. I know the "open raids" or whatever they were called were pretty popular at the time and were doing fairly recent content so maybe that's an option.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Had fun a few months ago when I logged in with my Necro. DMF, instant jboots, and Circlet of Shadows. Brought back the memories when farming FM on him and with Boogahz.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

I am paying the monthly... on both accounts. But not the xpacs... just fuckkin about levelin the alts I made waaaaay back and never got past level 15.

Now have an alt army in the 80s... as house of thule zones are actually cool as fuck, and loot is common.
The grind past that though, on Noysy and Iron, has been painfully slow. Just like old times.
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Here's what I've been upta.

Spliskin just randomly got the eq bug and I saw his corpse in guild lobby, so hunted him down and we been palling around just like it was 1999.
EQ000000.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sick Balls!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Noysy, what server you on?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote: January 22, 2022, 7:55 pm Noysy, what server you on?
havent been playing since like march... did log on for a minute just to make sure the guildhall was still payed for and saw spliskin (or his kid) was still playing though, as he was in the guildhall afk skilling a couple new toons.

But, Veeshan is now "Luclin" after all the server merges, if ya feel the need to pop on and govisit some of the old zones. Level a toon or two, it's actually fun, and doable solo rather quickly. Spliskin and I got it down to about 6 hours from 1-75. We both had a miriad of old toons needed levels, and the content was pretty fun, with the two of us. Also was pretty easy to pick up new friends, I had a few new people I could pal around with if I didnt wanna just solo stuff.

Although the fabled events are gonna start up soon (like march, maybe late febuary) and I just might start playing again for a bit because I actually love those... OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS (did that on purpose).
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

If you do wanna goof off in it a bit, here's some advice:

If you dont remember yor old account info, dont sweat it, just make a new fresh toon, as you'll probably have the most fun just reliving the nostalgia in the original zones.

Defiant gear, is stupidly OP for old content. You'll have absolutely no problems soloing through levels and clearing the old stuff (like guk) just replacing pieces every once in a while as you find (or buy) it, right up until roughly level 75ish. For best (fastest) leveling, hire a WIZARD merc, and let it just AE mass amounts of enemies down all on it's own. Two wizard mercs were obscene in guk. Pull half the dead side, FD the puller, and let the mercs go ham. Granted you need the higher tier mercs to do that, so you'll have to pay the sub, which I highly recomend just for the free aa alone.

Broken mirror expac, is level scaling content that starts at level 75. It drops gear that you upgrade with leveled 'gems'. It will easily get you to level 100+ if you really want to put time into the game to get to endgame stuff. However, be sure you level lock at 75, as even one extra level will increase difficulty drastically, until you are fully geared up in that expac's gear, and have a lot of extra alternate currency to spend as you level up. I cannot stress enough, if you start to level, past 75, it may become to difficult to solo, for all but the most op classes. Like I need to clear those zones with a level locked 75 to get gear for the 90+s. Which makes multiple accounts a must. Good news is though, level 75 is so 'easy' any toon can do it, even if free to play (with crappy FTP mercs).

Basically, I got most of my toons to 75, and picked a few I really enjoyed to level beyond. With the Broken mirror gear I could solo the regular content for my level, only just. It could be a little rough, so if you really do want to go beyond 90, you will need to make freinds. But just to reiterate... level 75 is GODMODE. All buffs stick at level 75. You afk in guildhall, until fully buffed with the 115+ buffs. You can then absolutely destroy anything at your level, as level 115 damage shields hit for like 7k. You can be damn near naked and just breeze through content. Which makes the gear farm super easy. It's mathemaically impossible to die clearing BM zones at level 75. I'd have 20,000 hps, mobs hit for 1k, and the damageshield hit for 7k. 5 -10 hits, mob dies, I'd take 1/4 of my health even without a healer merc. Ya'd have to pull like 8 mobs to even have the possibility of dying.

There really is no real grind pre-90. You level fast and AA's come free (if you pay the monthly). It would take me about 6 hours total to get to 75, then I'd just run the BM zones with different toons, collecting the gear and kitting my guys out. Once kitted out I'd run em over to the House of Thule zones (a very mistmoore style expac) and blow that shit up. Those zones are very well done and I had a lot of fun in them. After a couple days they'd be 90ish, and that's kinda where the fun stopped, and started getting real grindy.

Sick Balls!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

I am going to try it out Noysy

Are you on Luclin this weekend?

Help my old Monk to catch up :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Heard ya popped on for a bit from some discord buddies. Sorry I missed ya, the guild i was raiding with denied my admission after trial period (cuz I was just learnin how to ranger I guess) at the same time as my subs lapsed, so i just wandered off and played some other games.

I'll probably pick it back up, after I get fed up with Rust, and that's coming fast cuz fuck Rust is so bad for me. Fuk this game, for real!~
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

New xpac due soon, I really am planning on returning for it. Got the bug again.

Luclin-Stromm is the server.

Noysyrump
Ironfoot
Wespe
Gorr
Atash
Tyrannous

Friend those toons, they'd be my most played.

Not sure of the exact release date on the xpac, but may start playing sooner just to get warmed up for it.
Sick Balls!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think they have one every year these days. Sadly it's mostly just cut and paste spells with new levels and AAs. At least the last time I looked. Which to be honest has been a few years now.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

EQ000012.jpg
Happened to find it. My guild tag I made many years ago for my personal guild... and Ruggles saw me. He had a toon in the guild still, so I had him add my lobby shaman.

<Fiends> still exists!

Looks like an old Drinsic alt that hasnt been on since 2015 is leader.
MOTD is the still the same "Trash of the server and still better than you!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sick Balls!