PS3 Linux OS Settlement

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PS3 Linux OS Settlement

Post by Winnow »

While browsing articles on my News360 App (great app for IOS and maybe even PC btw if you were a fan of Zite before Flipboard bought them out and fucked everyone) I noticed Sony finally settled on removing the Fat PS3 of linux functionality. Now, I complete rebait forms, etc maybe less than 5% of the time they are offered and can't think of the last one I did, but I took the time to fill this out because...fuck Sony!

It's only $65.00 which I will make sure I use for buying something related to Xbox. As rarely as I check my physical mail it may end up being thrown away with the junk mail.

For those of us that were early adopters of the PS3 (the George Foreman grill looking consoles), we not only had the linux OS functionality but also had the PS2 emulator chip which Sony removed pretty quickly in later PS3 versions. Most of you never had the PS2 emulation. They also didn't think rumble was useful until their fanbois had the time to complain about it, probably during one of the long PSN downtimes back then. I'm sure Sony not including rumble had nothing to do with having to pay a royalty for that feature). Great company with their fans interest at heart!

If you still have your console (or even if you don't) it's pretty easy to claim your moola. Here is the website to make your claim:
If you bought a Playstation® 3 console between November 1, 2006, and April 1, 2010, this class action settlement may affect your rights.
http://www.otherossettlement.com/index

You only need to have the Serial number of your console or your Sony Playstation ID/Login that you used to setup your PS3 that you purchased before firmware update 3.21 (it's the Fat PS3 consoles with 20/40/60/80 GB HDs)

I was able to find my old PS3 in my room designated as an old tech junkyard and get the serial number off the back but I think I still have the same Sony Playstation ID so that would have worked as well.

tl;dr: Fuck Sony
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: PS3 Linux OS Settlement

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah.. Fuck them for giving you $65 for removing a feature you didn't even use.

But with Trump tanking the markets and cryptocurrency bottoming out you probably need all the extra you can get!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: PS3 Linux OS Settlement

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Yeah.. Fuck them for giving you $65 for removing a feature you didn't even use.
Oh it was used...a lot. Hack the planet! Sony must be fuming to have to pay out money for something that cost them millions in sales on pirated games. Pay the pirates bitches!

Looks like the PS3 emulator software is coming along nicely.

https://kotaku.com/heres-red-dead-redem ... 1823722217

Obligatory GEOHOT Sony video:

The Light It Up Contest -- geohot

Geohot seriously needs a movie made about his legendary iOS and PS3 hacks.