2018 Finished Games List

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

2018 Finished Games List

Post by Spang »

Here is where we keep track of which games we've finished for the year. I think keeping our small group of remaining posters playing and discussing on the same thread would be better than splitting us up into console specific threads.

--What counts as finished?

Well, I say it's when you see credits roll (if possible). Some games are perpetual, such as sports games, things like Battlefield 1943, and many others. For these, it's whenever you feel you've accomplished the goals you set out for yourself in the game. For something like L4D, it may be as simple as playing through all the maps, or as complicated as getting every acheivement in the game. We're using the honesty system here, so when you've finished a game, go ahead and list it!

What counts as complete?

This is a significant difference over simply finishing a game. Completing means you have snagged 1000/1000 acheivements or platinum trophied the game. You have done everything there is to do in that game. This counts for games as large as Fallout 3 and as small as an XBL or PSN game. If games have no "proof" or scoring method, it's all you're decision.

--What counts as a game?

It's a harder question than you maight think. For instance, when tallying up the games I finished last year, I had to really think about some particular situations. One such issue was "Do I count each piece of DLC for Fallout 3 seperately"? My answer was yes. However, the DLC for Gears 2 and L4D were only one map, so I chose not to count them. I totally counted Peggle on my iPhone, since I beat that like a rented mule. In the end, it's up to you. Some situations will just depend on your personal opinion on what you consider as a game, or just an addition to the game itself. More examples are the latest Borderlands DLC (not games IMO) and the GTA4 expansions Lost and the Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony (both games!).

--Do multiple playthroughs count?

I say yes! I played the single player of Halo 3, Gears 1, and World at War only to play all the way through them again at a later time in co-op mode with a friend. I plan on doing a co-op run through RE5 sometime this year. I count each one of those complete playthroughs as finishing another game. I think you should give yourself credit for the time/effort it takes to play through your favorite games multiple times. This also helps ensures that you continue to play games for enjoyment.

--What systems count?

All of them. iPhone, PC/Steam, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, fucking anything and everything!

The format will be as such:

Date - Game - System - COMPLETE

Only use the red completed msg when you have completed a game. The rest are just assumed that you finished a game.

PLEASE EDIT A SINGLE POST AND KEEP ALL YOUR GAMES IN ONE PLACE
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: 2018 Finished Games List

Post by Spang »

02/08/18 - The Flame in the Flood - Switch - FINISHED
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

This is 2018. I'm not sure anyone even plays games anymore!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

-Tales From The Borderlands - PS4 - Complete
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Switch - Finished
-Celeste - Switch - Finished (working on 100%, on the last B side, and then C side after that)
-Oxenfree - Switch - Finished
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I haven't finished many games, but I've got roughly 100 hours into Monster Hunter World, and have still been playing FF 14 here and there - I need to get back to that because they added KEFKA as a raid boss.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:-Tales From The Borderlands - PS4 - Complete
Best Telltale game ever made. Surely more so than Walking Dead. I would like to see a sequel at some point in the future.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Best Telltale game ever made. Surely more so than Walking Dead. I would like to see a sequel at some point in the future.
I totally agree - I put all the others down that I tried pretty quick, but I loved this one and would definitely like to see a sequel, too.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
I totally agree - I put all the others down that I tried pretty quick, but I loved this one and would definitely like to see a sequel, too.
[Show]
Poor Scooter. Sucks that they killed him off.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
[Show]
Poor Scooter. Sucks that they killed him off.
[Show]
Right? Just about the only slightly redeemable character, go figure!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I just beat Dark Souls Remastered!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

And Dark Souls III!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's almost 2020!

--