Divinity Original Sin 2

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Divinity Original Sin 2

Post by Funkmasterr »

Man am I glad my computer is still good enough to play this game. I had written it off at first because I figured there's no way my 5 year old i7 and GTX 660 system would run a modern game - but I was wrong, it even plays it a little above medium settings with no hiccups to speak of.

The game is great! Visually, the freedom they give you to actually approach things damn near any way, everything about it is just good. It's a really dense world too, I'm guessing I've spent about 15 hours or so playing it so far, and I'm still not out of Fort Joy (the starter area). I really like how the decisions in the game aren't binary, there's no clear good or bad thing to do in most situations - this has made me actually just play the game based on what I would actually do in a given situation instead of trying to think about what the good and bad choice are like I'd normally do - and that's a huge plus for immersion and fun factor, imo.

I have been playing with a controller, and aside from it being nearly impossible to get a Xbox controller working on Windows 7 (fuck you, Microsoft) the experience has been great. The game auto-detects if you have a controller on and changes the UI automatically (you can change this to manual), which is great. The UI is also done really well, and unlike any games like this I've played with a controller in the past, I don't feel like I'm getting a lesser experience as a result. At least I still found a use for my $150 dollar Xbox Elite controller now that I cancelled my Xbox live and put my Xbox One in the closet to get it out of the way!

If any of you are playing this and want to try a co op campaign, let me know and I can get you my Steam info. I have very few friends on Steam and none of them are playing this, but I'd love to give co op a try.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Divinity Original Sin 2

Post by Canelek »

I really enjoyed the first one, and had no idea a sequel was released. In fact, I actually finished the game a couple times.

Will add this to want-list for sure.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's pretty great, but man is it tough! I've only gotten a little bit into the second act, but I hear that about midway through the game the difficulty lets up a bit.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Mostly because my PC is getting old and was a bit laggy playing this game, I never ended up finishing this on PC. I started over on the PS4 though, and it's been the only game that's kept my attention for more than a couple hours lately. I think I'm well into Act 2 now, but have a lot left to do, and I'm still really liking it. Act 1, particularly Fort Joy was a bit tough, but I'm glad I stuck it out on classic difficulty because it's leveled out now and I think it's just about right, difficulty wise.