I wish you pristine health till the day you drop dead..

What do you think about the world?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

I wish you pristine health till the day you drop dead..

Post by Animalor »

... if you're in the US because if not, then your Congress just fucked you very, very hard. (also not covered by the AHCA apparently).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: I wish you pristine health till the day you drop dead..

Post by Aslanna »

Elections have consequences!

Republicans have been trying to do it for years so I am not sure what other outcome people expected by voting for them.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

What boggles my mind is that type of evil did they think Hilary was going to do that worse than this.

They are literally killing poor people and celebrating it (and their tax breaks) on live TV...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What will interest me is when serious life extension capabilities come online and how those are treated. When money can buy you 20-30 years of quality life, then it will get interesting if it's not made available to the poor. Who gives a shit about current chemo treatments that make you sicker than the cancer they're treating. That's not quality life extension.

Welfare lifers don't have much incentive to get off of welfare. They have incentive to make more babies for bigger paychecks. Adding decades of life might encourage people to make a buck or two and contribute to society.

I'm not very optimistic about cheap medical care anytime soon. Having investments in new medical treatments going through the FDA approval process, it's scary seeing how far big pharma goes to protect their payday cancer treatments. Short of full scale revolution, you'll never get changes as money is way too powerful a tool used to control politicians.

Hillary is every bit as corrupt as Trump. You like her for the outward appearance of political "correctness" but she was as deep or deeper into backdoor deals with wall street than Trump is/was. I despise Hillary's entire career. She disgusts me.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Hillary is every bit as corrupt as Trump. You like her for the outward appearance of political "correctness" but she was as deep or deeper into backdoor deals with wall street than Trump is/was.
Nice use of facts there.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

You like her for the outward appearance of political "correctness".
This has nothing to do with political correctness. I thought she was a level-headed diplomat, an experienced politician, someone with well thought out convictions and idea and who wanted to work for the benefit of all the people, not personal enrichment.

Instead, we have someone who isn't draining the swamp more than he is turning it into his own personal Mordor.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What is funny is that healthy people think this wont impact them. Everybody's health insurance premiums will go up due to this. But with all those tax breaks the GOP will be giving rich people I guess they don't care. Not to mention government employees get pretty decent healthcare so I don't think they give a shit either.

What is also funny is that people who voted for Trump will be hurt by it more than Hilary supporters*. However I'm not sure if that's funny or ironic. Maybe it's just SAD to coin our current awesome commander in chief.

* Disclaimer: I have no facts to back that up but I'm sure it's pretty close to accurate.

--
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

I work for the govt so I'm not affected by this, and I usually try to avoid talking about this topic, but I'm shocked that this is happening. Seems like congress is literally trying to sack and pillage the American people.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hillary's empty stage election night!

If you don't like what Trump is doing, you better hope the Democrats find better hackers than the Republicans have next election. (look at what's happening in the French elections right now)

I can get on board with someone new next election but not Hillary. Start praying she doesn't try to run again (which she will). I would have voted for any democrat except Hillary last election. Same will probably hold true next election. Hillary is part of the problem, not the solution.

Maybe the next democrat candidate shouldn't try to squeeze every liberal celebrity it can onto a stage to shill for them. Didn't help! Kind of reminds me of Sony and it's orchestra diverting attention from their crappy "Pro" console.

U.S. Politics are fucked up beyond hope. Wall Street and health care need a cleansing but good luck finding non corruptible politicians that can make changes.

"former President Barack Obama's $400,000 fee to address a Wall Street conference on healthcare this fall." Nice thank you for his "help" in screwing the American people. What could he possibly talk about worth that much. It's a payoff. Hillary got hers up front from Goldman Sachs. Smart move considering she lost. I'm betting they're a bit pissed off that their horse didn't win. I doubt they'll back her again next time.

The choices for president last election were comical. Fundamental changes are needed which I can't picture happening no matter who's elected. We'd be nearing a revolution if this were 100 years ago but now, even for the poor, life is just good enough to be compliant.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you think Trump is part of the solution... That makes you part of the problem.

Guess we can ply that game all day.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:If you think Trump is part of the solution... That makes you part of the problem.

Guess we can ply that game all day.
Neither candidate is/was part of the solution. Don't think Hillary would have been some miracle worker. She would have set herself up nicely for retirement. She'll probably try again for the mega bucks in 4 years. What else does she have to do beside screw the American people?

ANY other democrat candidate would have a much shorter laundry list of shit than Hillary. Even Zuckerberg would be better. At least he's already super rich so there's a chance he wouldn't be as corrupt in certain ways, plus he'd have to untie himself from Facebook like Trump did with his companies. Yes, I'm saying Zuckerberg would be better than Hillary, not saying he's anywhere close to an ideal candidate but you need someone that can beat Hillary in the primaries and whatever Republican ends up running or the nation will be screwed again. I don't even know if he's a Democrat/Republican or Independent. Don't care.

Now go ahead and break out your Ben Carson's, Bloombergs, religious freak candidates, Independent hope of the month, etc and tell me how great they are. There's not a whole lot out there to like.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Ahhh and here they tell us these days Trump hating snowflakes cant handle the internet...

But we have Vaulters bitching about Trump, and Vaulters arent sposed to be snowflakes.

Jackass(es)!

Cant stump the Trump!
Sick Balls!