Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Post by Aslanna »

Trailer

Gameplay

Aug 22nd!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Post by Aslanna »

What was shaping up to probably be a Day 1 (10-Oct) purchase from me has now sunk to the "wait until the $20 GOTY edition comes out".
Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the sequel to surprise 2014 hit Shadow of Mordor, will come stuffed with loot boxes and microtransactions, not just for cosmetics but for gear that improves your main character.
Yeah yeah you can "earn" the in-game currency just by playing but more than likely the time investment is so out of whack you'd have to be dumb to try doing it that way.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:What was shaping up to probably be a Day 1 (10-Oct) purchase from me has now sunk to the "wait until the $20 GOTY edition comes out".
Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the sequel to surprise 2014 hit Shadow of Mordor, will come stuffed with loot boxes and microtransactions, not just for cosmetics but for gear that improves your main character.
Yeah yeah you can "earn" the in-game currency just by playing but more than likely the time investment is so out of whack you'd have to be dumb to try doing it that way.
Yep. I'm done buying games that pull that shit. That was one of the main reasons I skipped For Honor, too. People are so fucking stupid - they whine about games costing too much but they're too dense to realize when they are being nickled and dimed to death. That's why the entire FTP genre is hilarious to me - the same cheap fucks that don't want to pay a sub for a superior game will spend just as much as that sub on micro transactions without batting a fucking eyelash. For what it would cost you to pay for all the content in some of these games, you could buy a game like FF 14 that has a monthly sub, and play it for like 6 fucking months for the same price, and get 100x the amount (and quality in most cases) of content.

People can lament the the golden age of gaming all they want, but the reality is it's fucking gamers that are ruining games by paying for this shit. Developers are just doing what their greedy, capitalist fuckhead overlords want them to do as a result of this behavior.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Card Games (Hearthstone, etc) are the kings of RNG packs. Hate it. Overwatch does it right with only including skins, voices, etc in loot boxes and making all of them buyable with earned in game coins. I hate companies that put skins behind RNG loot chests and provide no way to buy them directly.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm still going to buy the game... But definitely not at $60. I'm fine waiting a year and getting the GOTY edition for $20. I'm sure there will be good deals on it holiday 2018.

--