Suicide Squad

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Suicide Squad

Post by Kluden »

Anyone else waste their money on this one? WB execs did it again, another so-so DC universe movie. I just don't understand what their problem is. Just overpay some of the folks at Disney to jump ship to your comic book movie universe and make a good movie.

I saw the reviews, so didn't expect much, and while the movie can be fun at times, the rest of the time you are left wondering why they bothered. Will Smith is a big problem...the guy can't make a good movie to save his life anymore. I'm sure defenders will say he doesn't write the movie, but I can't shake the feeling that Will Smith made them change Deadshot into a character the audience would like, instead of just playing a bad fucking criminal...because that would affect Smith's image somehow.

Anyways, who else went and saw a 2 hour promo for Justice League? Did you like it, and am I off my rocker on this one?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Suicide Squad

Post by Winnow »

I didn't waste money on it, but it wasn't very good. I have no faith in DC hero movies being quality movies.

While I didn't have the same hate of Wil Smith in this movie, I do think it would have been better off with someone else playing the role. Hated the new take on Joker. Harley Quinn was "meh".

Major problem was the actual villains (not the team of villains) they were facing.....lots of faceless blobs which makes no one care at all about them.

What's up next? Aquaman or Wonder Woman?
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Suicide Squad

Post by Kluden »

Yeah, Wonder Woman is next. I'm sitting here trying to think of the ways WB is going to ruin that one...probably make it overly feminist or some such shit. It has a chance of being good, they all do, it just depends on how rushed and slammed together it is, like Suicide Squad proved.

And you're right, probably a bit over the top with my "waste your money" comment, but it sure doesn't seem worth it for so-so product.