omg where will I get shows!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Kickass Torrents Busted

Post by Kluden »

Oh well, that's too bad. Wonder which will take the mantle? I haven't torrented much at all in the last year or 2, as things are just way more easily accessed legally now. Which is all most folks were asking for anyways.

I still need to find a way to get my british TV shows though...PBS is too slow on the import. Plus PBS doesn't participate in comcast on demand for shows already aired, so there's that.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I still do, and that was the site I was using. I pay for HBO Now, Netflix, and Hulu, but those don't cover everything still, and I refuse to pay Comcast any more money. I'm going to make a list of all the shows I watch, and if they are all available between Netflix, HBO, and Playstation Vue - I might pick up a Playstation Vue subscription so I don't have to worry about torrent shit anymore.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I still do, and that was the site I was using. I pay for HBO Now, Netflix, and Hulu, but those don't cover everything still, and I refuse to pay Comcast any more money. I'm going to make a list of all the shows I watch, and if they are all available between Netflix, HBO, and Playstation Vue - I might pick up a Playstation Vue subscription so I don't have to worry about torrent shit anymore.
I've mentioned it in the past, but the best method for getting new shows is direct download. Uploaded.net has been the best provider over the past year or two. I can get full 300 Mbps one multiple connections using a VPN (highly recommend you use a VPN)

Sites like this make it easy to get entire seasons of shows:

http://www.megauploadagora.com.br/tv-shows-list

and sites like this make it easy to get same day releases of shows:

http://rlsbb.com/

Not a bad idea to use a VPN

You're welcome.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

So what you're saying is, to use a VPN? freebie ones ok, or are you on a paid VPN?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well and at this point, I don't know if messing around with setting up a VPN and paying, what, $15/month + for it is worth it when PS Vue is ~$30/month. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:Well and at this point, I don't know if messing around with setting up a VPN and paying, what, $15/month + for it is worth it when PS Vue is ~$30/month. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

Astrill is the VPN I've used for maybe 4 years now

Six Months = $6.66/month (39.95)

Uploaded.net

Six months = $7.33/month (43.99)

Combined: 13.99/month ($83.94)

For 13.99 you get all you can get EVERYTHING (movies, TV, Games (if you want), magazines, ebooks/audiobooks, etc)

Astrill is brain dead easy. There is no setup, just install and select any of 53 countries, most with multiple VPNS

I used bitcoin the last time I re-upped my accounts (another incredibly easy payment that took 10 seconds from scanning bar code on the screen with my bitcoin app to approved payment sent) but have used credit card or paypal (not sure if paypal an option with uploaded but is with Astrill) in the past.

https://www.astrill.com/servers.php

You can swap between OpenVPN (totally changes IP for every app you use that accesses the net) and OpenWeb (just browser IP switched and other apps use your own IP, good for some games etc that like stable IPs) takes 10 seconds to switch back and forth between various VPNS and your own VPN. There's a build in speed tester so you can see which VPN is the fastest for your location.

----------------------

If you recall a month ago, I mentioned that I am limited to 15Mbps on uploaded.net by my own (Cox) ISP that I pay 300Mbps service for. Using VPN I get 150 Mbps or more and can max out my 300 Mbps easily with multiple download streams. Cox doesn't know I'm using uploaded.net because it's hidden behind the VPN so I get max bandwidth.

It's well worth it for me. I used the above TV site to download about 46 GB in 15 minutes of an entire series using VPN/Uploaded.net, Uploaded has a setting that allows you to automatically start downloading a file after clicking it instead of going to another page first before downloading so you can speed load up like 10 downloads at once so it's working your entire available bandwidth.

-------------------

Anyway, just takes some research. Usenets blows, torrents slow/unreliable depending on popularity. Direct downloads are the place to be, for the time being.

VPN is also peace of mind. I have it on 95% of the time. Besides my own ISP limited my bandwidth without it, there's no need for anyone on random sites to know your IP address. One less thing to worry about. If you screw up and click on the wrong thing, it's a LOT less likely Astrill will rat you out than your own ISP which will give you up in a heartbeat for something like a DMCA violation, etc.

Plus YouTube, etc are just plain faster with VPN than my own ISP. And if I do have an issue, I have 285 other IP locations to try in 53 countries.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, for current stuff, you basically bookmark a site like:

http://rlsbb.com/

Check it out once a day and (if have uploaded) click on the Uploaded link, download the shows you want and be done with it.

Being an organization freak, I use Firefox extension "Safe File to" current version 2.5.5, a free extension that allows me to add folders/hard drives so when prompted to download a file, I can quickly navigate to the TV series folder, etc to save it directly to where it needs to go instead of sorting things out later. (add the primary folder and all the sub directories will automatically appear as you navigate the tree with your mouse)

tldr: for 13.99/month, it's about as easy as it gets.