Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4!)

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4!)

Post by Aslanna »

New Trailer!

Based on what's been shown so far, if these are the final graphics, I'd almost say this visually looks better than Uncharted 4. Well maybe not in character models and animations though. Those are top notch in U4. We'll see. Hopefully the story and gameplay are as good as the visual quality!

E3 is only a week away though. It seems weird they didn't save this until then. I guess their agenda is already full!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4!)

Post by Kluden »

They showed up last year at E3 with a similar gameplay video I think, didn't they? Still a bit of a ways out. It looks great though, probably more like a far cry than an uncharted, though.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

It looks interesting, but I'll be curious to find out how close kluden is to the truth. I've more or less lost interest in open world games, rarely finish them, and if this ends up being one there's a good chance I'll skip it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

While I never played a Killzone game I have faith in Guerrilla Games... Day one purchase for me!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I thought the first three were great games, that's why I've got faith. If it is open world I'm sure it'll still be a great game, just not sure I'll get it. Interested to hear more, though.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

From last years E3 Thread:
Here's their game list:

Killzone Shadow Fall - PlayStation 4 (2013)
Killzone: Mercenary - PlayStation Vita (2013)
Killzone HD - PlayStation 3 (2012)
Killzone Trilogy - PlayStation 3 (2012)
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - PlayStation 3 (2012)
Killzone 3 - PlayStation 3 (2011)
Killzone 2 - PlayStation 3 (2009)
Killzone Liberation - PlayStation Portable (2006)
Killzone - PlayStation 2 (2004)
ShellShock: Nam '67 - multi-platform (2004)

Yikes. Forgettable games.

Horizons using Killzone assets doesn't sound promising either. This company may not have the chops to produce a good game. If you're going by track record, this is definitely a wait and see. I wouldn't make this game of the show the same as The Last Guardian shouldn't have been considered 5 years ago.
I'd expect more delays after the already long 2/2017 estimated release date. Maybe they're trying to make Horizons "game of the show" three years in a row".
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You really are sounding like a broken record these days. Obviously a sign of not having anything original to say.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:You really are sounding like a broken record these days. Obviously a sign of not having anything original to say.
Realistic expectations is the point I'm getting at. It's not like this company has the track record of Rockstar or Bethesda.

Hype trains are easy to get behind when not much game play is shown. Lets see if the incredibly hyped (delayed) No Man's Sky turns out to be good or another Spore which turned out to be horrible.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

My point about being a broken record was about the "delay" shit you have to try and throw into every post in regards to PlayStation.

Also:

a) No Mans Sky isn't a Sony game. It isn't even a PS4 exclusive game.

b) Prior to the recent 6 week delay (ooo a whole 6 weeks such a major hardship for entitled gamers), which led to death threats from unhinged individuals (seriously!), NMS has has exactly one release date. Yes a one time delay of 6 weeks really makes for an "incredibly delayed" game.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
a) No Mans Sky isn't a Sony game. It isn't even a PS4 exclusive game.
Who said it was an exclusive? I'm not allowed to complain about other formats? I'm not bound to any brand. Oculus is a prime example. If a company screws up, I don't stick with them. Microsoft didn't screw up, they merely underestimated the clueless population accepting the digital formats that are better and now being adopted at a faster and faster pace as the lame box copies fade away.
Aslanna wrote:
b) Prior to the recent 6 week delay (ooo a whole 6 weeks such a major hardship for entitled gamers), which led to death threats from unhinged individuals (seriously!), NMS has has exactly one release date. Yes a one time delay of 6 weeks really makes for an "incredibly delayed" game.
There's like 6 people working on No Man's Sky. I'm saying the hype is really high because of the big numbers they throw out like "1 quintillian star systems to explore" Spore said the same thing...stuff like "billions of combinations as your creature evolves"

Problem is there's almost zero story/lore to the game and who wants to visit the other quintillian star systems after the first couple if there's not much story/lore to it. Small studio = limited assets

As for length of delays...a delay is a delay. I'd say while both systems have game delays, X-box One has a much better track record of getting their games out on time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Only you are talking about "hype" for some unknown reason.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:Only you are talking about "hype" for some unknown reason.
that's all he is capable of. He sure picks the winners too...
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Collectors Edition preorder submitted. ~8 months to go!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Collectors Edition preorder submitted. ~8 months to go!
You're nuts. I've been burned by way too many games that didn't end up being what I expected/had major issues at release, etc. There are very few games I will preorder now - Japanese RPG's seem to be the only genre of game that you can count on to deliver on what they promised, actually have a polished, and complete experience at release date., etc
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
You're nuts. I've been burned by way too many games that didn't end up being what I expected/had major issues at release, etc. There are very few games I will preorder now - Japanese RPG's seem to be the only genre of game that you can count on to deliver on what they promised, actually have a polished, and complete experience at release date., etc
It's Amazon so I can always cancel if it looks like it's going to be poopy so not much to lose really. I have a good feeling about this one!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Statue!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

But do you have this!?

2002 Firiona Vie - Planes Of Power

Interestingly I did a search on google for "Everquest statue" and my own picture of it showed up from veeshan vault.

The Horizons status looks pretty nice.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

The dialogue and voice acting were pretty terrible, but the graphics and gameplay looked great. It's definitely looking good.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

While the developer was picking up a piece of armor, I noticed an option for the player to “create a job.” Wondering if it was merely a piece of placeholder text, I asked the developer what that did. As it turns out, it’s going to be super useful!

How many times have you wanted to buy a new piece of equipment and been short one random piece of crafting material? It’s annoying, especially if you’re not sure where to track down what you need. In Horizon Zero Dawn, the “create a job” option will generate a quest to give you the items to buy the equipment.
That's a good idea.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

New Story Trailer. It didn't do much for me as I'm pretty much sold on this game already. However as a trailer goes I preferred the earlier ones. I don't need to know, or want to know, anything about the story going in.

My only hope is that the combat isn't on the level of something like Demon Souls.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've avoided the last few things I've seen about it too, because I'd rather not spoil anything and at this point I know more or less what to expect. I'd say I hope the combat is tough and complex, more than auto-target hack and slash, but not on the level of Dark Souls (although I'd be fine with it if it were like that, but I don't think that'll be the case.)
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I still think its going to be a far cry clone. But if the story is good, and there's enough of it...it would be good.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I guess there are a bunch of Lets Plays (or similar) out there now covering the first 4 hours. I'm not going to bother as I want to experience the game myself. Haven't really heard about any negative impressions though. 4 more weeks!
But after four hours spent demoing the opening segments of the game, I can say that it’s a surprisingly story-driven game that feels more like a more fleshed-out Rise of the Tomb Raider than a reskinned Assassins Creed. Furthermore, while the Tomb Raider reboots offered what can be described at best as half-hearted attempts at an open world with a few disconnected areas and side quests, Horizon Zero Dawn goes much farther in giving a living world to explore, harvest resources, and survive in, but yet still one where where the story feels like an important and natural part of the experience.
Collector's Edition sold out!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I'll probably pick it up. I'm also getting Nioh, For Honor, Ghost Recon, Nier, Mass Effect, and Persona 5 in the next couple of months. It's been a long time since I've had that many games that I wanted to play coming out in such a short window.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Reviews are coming out. I'll be keeping my preorder!

/waits for Winnow to post USgamer review

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Only caution I would say is "best Guerrilla game to date" said in many reviews...is not saying much considering Killzone was their best franchise to date.

Voice acting mentioned a few times as not so good. Unfortunate considering the bar set by games like Tomb Raider, Witcher (and Uncharted).

Best way to read reviews is to pick the second level of ratings on metacritic, not extreme high or low ratings. Those that aren't kissing Sony's ass and those that don't have an axe to grind.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You really are something else...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Wild, which is also a PS4 exclusive looks promising. Game play starts here:

https://youtu.be/C4Dr_we40xA?t=2m21s

Because it has Shaman (the best EQ class ever!) and a hot looking snake god lady.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
It's Amazon so I can always cancel if it looks like it's going to be poopy so not much to lose really. I have a good feeling about this one!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GOOFYG0/

Picked up the collectors edition on Amazon for $95 ($25 Prime member discount). If you didn't get it 8 months ago for 95 should probably cancel and re-order if you're an Amazon Prime member. (make sure in stock)

I've been collecting statues recently and the one that comes with the collectors edition looks decent. Statues of around that quality generally run 80-100 and go up in value as the years go by, so I'll figure on getting the game for free with the statue being resellable for total recoup of cost minimum at a later date if need be.

Early models at E3 showed statue with freckles but more recent don't. They may have enhanced the E3 model a bit!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Collectors edition sold out finally on Amazon.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I was charged $96 so that's fine. Tax and stuff gets me to $102. Unfortunately I will probably be out of town next week when it shows up so hopefully it doesn't get stolen. Neighbor works where I do so will see if they can pick it up for me while I'm gone.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dragged myself away from Nioh for a couple of hours after this unlocked last night to give it a try, just a bit past the tutorial part (which is longer/more RPG like than typical for an open world game) but liking it so far!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

My collector's edition showed up mid afternoon. Played 3-4 hours last night. (no spoilers)

Intro is very long but there's nothing wrong with some back story for character development and it also takes care of the tutorial part. These type of games are much more interesting if you care a little about the characters. Only Aloy so far has much meaning (early on) for me that's still alive. The Mohawk guy is pretty funny.

I started out in HDR and it looks great but the picture was little dark so I turned off HDR. I probably need to tweak my HDR settings but the non HDR looks very good.

Game mechanics seem solid. I played a few hours of Rise of the Tomb Raider the previous few days so am able to compare the two with it fresh in my mind. I seem to shoot a bow better/more accurately in TR but Horizons isn't bad. I'm putting skill points into melee/spear/stealth as I fare better with that.

Graphics are very nice. For anyone that's played TR, I think you'll agree that the facial animations are a little off in Horizons, at least in comparison to TR. The palette is a little more colorful though in Horizons which I like. The world is pretty at night. One of the first mounts you are able to tame handles very well and has a headlight!

One gripe. Relatively early in the game you have a side quest to kill a group of people. The NPC that accompanies Aloy in the attack/raid got in my way like 4-5 times. I kept accidentally shooting them. I'd slow down time to take a shot and they'd move right in front of my sight. One or two times is annoying but 4-5 times in a short side quest is bad pathing. I had a harder time trying to get clear of my ally than killing the enemy. The game doesn't seem to handle smaller spaces with doorways well if NPC with you.

So far, overall, it's a solid game but it really needs more in depth characters than just Aloy to be involved in the story. They did a great job building someone up early but that didn't last. I don't really care what happens to anyone other than Aloy so far which needs to change to give the story more meaning.

The photo mode (screenshot) options are awesome.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Played more this past weekend. The game is nice looking with some decent ranged combat but there are some flaws. (no spoilers)

Biggest issues I have are:

Story:

It's uninspired. Rather generic personalities. The only character that attempts to have a personality, besides Aloy, is the Mohawk guy but being a drunk is all that sets him apart. Story/Plot and character development make a huge difference in my enjoyment of a game, otherwise it's just a nice shell of a potentially good game. I'm only somewhere in the middle of the story but from what I initially read of critic reviews, it doesn't look like it will get much better.

Melee combat:

The spear does nice damage but the camera is absolutely atrocious. When you do anything other than silent strikes, the camera spins around all over the place and you spend half of your time trying to relocate the machine you're fighting. Very disorienting.

Armor:

The storm armor that comes with the collector's edition is glitched so it's better than any other armor in the game. (it lets about 10% of the damage through than even the purple armor) There's no reason to wear anything other than the Carja Storm Armor for the most part. Maybe some stealth armor here and there.

The story may end up being more interesting in sequels. If so, they'd need to make some improvements on melee combat and introduce a few interesting supporting cast to get me to buy the next game. I don't think anyone would want more of the same (killing machines). You get your fill of that after awhile. With the story not being that interesting, the combat and resource gathering/crafting get repetitive with no drive to move along in the story.

Easy early game purple mod farming tip:
[Show]
In the far northwest corner of the the initial zone you start in, there is a strider junk pile spot. You can usually get 1-2 purple mods from the 3-4 striders and two junk pile loots. If you run back an quick save at the nearest camp fire, it resets the striders and junk piles so you can quickly farm purple mods. On rare occasion you may not get a purple but most of the time a purple will drop.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I'd expect more delays after the already long 2/2017 estimated release date. Maybe they're trying to make Horizons "game of the show" three years in a row".
Guess you were wrong there, as usual!

I just started playing the weekend... Not sure the "mohawk guy" is really a drunk other than one time.

I'm playing on Easy but even then it's nice that you can avoid most critters if you want. Even if they aggro you can usually just keep running. I do wish melee was more viable though.

Main issue I have so far is most stuff is weak to fire so I keep running out of Blaze to craft more stuffs.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I haven't played in a while cause I've been more focused on Nioh/Nier, but I didn't have trouble with melee in this. I guess maybe it's because I came from Nioh into this, but even without target lock I was kicking the shit out of groups of stuff with melee.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:I do wish melee was more viable though.

Main issue I have so far is most stuff is weak to fire so I keep running out of Blaze to craft more stuffs.
Melee is a real weak point of the game and probably why I stopped playing for the time being. Camera goes all crazy during melee.

There will be plenty of other damage type arrows and other weapon ammo that will be useful later in the game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I haven't played in a while cause I've been more focused on Nioh/Nier, but I didn't have trouble with melee in this. I guess maybe it's because I came from Nioh into this, but even without target lock I was kicking the shit out of groups of stuff with melee.
Maybe early on but good luck using melee with those damn birds although once you get them tied down bashing them with a spear works well. However a lot of the later machines have an AOE, for lack of a better word, that will hurt quite a bit. Thunderjaw with melee? You'll be there awhile. Bring lots of potions!

If loot is your thing this probably isn't the game for you. Most of the upgrades you will get are just from merchants when you get to new areas. And the different tiers don't seem all that much different other than the number of mod slots. I didn't really get a sense for a progression of power here even though I'm level 37 now. My arrows still hit for the same 41 they have been for 20 levels. I am working on getting the super l33t armor from collecting the 5 power cells but that basically involves finishing the story campaign. I have 4 of the 5 and I'm close to the end mission but I've gone back to do some side quests and collect some other things as I'll be going for the platinum trophy.

Overall though the complaints I have with this game are minor which is why I spent all of the past weekend playing it. I don't have an issue with the voice acting but some seems silly just for the sake of being silly. The facial animations and stuff are wonky at times with some characters though but I don't consider that game breaking for me.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Don't forget that collector edition Storm Armor and Hunter Bow are overpowered/bugged and do more protection/damage than enchanced Purple weapons. Can be confusing when upgrading since those two items are better that what you upgrade to.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Don't forget that collector edition Storm Armor and Hunter Bow are overpowered/bugged and do more protection/damage than enchanced Purple weapons. Can be confusing when upgrading since those two items are better that what you upgrade to.
Fixed in patch 1.04.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Horizon Zero Dawn, Sony's newest big-time PlayStation 4 exclusive, sold 2.6 million units worldwide during its first two weeks, Sony announced today. This figure includes physical copies sold to consumers and digital units sold through the PlayStation Store.
2.6 million!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Advertising budget takes up half of the profit!
Sony Has Spent $59 Million On PS4 Ads In Five Months

One of the reasons for Sony's success with the PS4 might have more to do with marketing than simple troll-tactics. While last year the company used every single misstep by Microsoft as a marketing gimmick to promote the PlayStation 4. However, with Phil Spencer in charge of the Xbox brand following the departure of Don Mattrick, the Xbox brand has done a complete 180 (no pun intended). Microsoft is now back in the running and utilizing everything within their grasp to regain their footing. In light of this, Sony has actually ramped up their marketing throughout the early half of this year, and the company has actually spent the most in advertising their console compared to both Microsoft and Nintendo.
Microsoft may need to spend some of the BILLIONS in profits they make each quarter on Ads.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If only Microsoft had some new IPs to advertise instead of yet another Gears of War, Halo, or Forza they might have a reason to spend some money. Perhaps they should invest all that money on something new instead of timed-exclusive deals.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It seems non exclusives (Red Dead/Mass Effect, etc) are better than either console's exclusives.

Lets see how well they market the Scorpio Console. I'm guessing Red Dead Redemption will be pushed hard as a great combo with the more powerful console in November (and maybe at E3)

If money is all it takes, Microsoft wins that race if they want to. (throw in an orchestra and a few tap dancers at the next E3 as well!)
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Went out and picked Horizon up lastnight. Played for about 6 hours straight. Its a lot of fun. It is basically Far Cry Primal, but with its own fighting system. I'll take it. Liking it a lot so far.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I finished it last night. The last mission was fairly tough and that was on easy! Or maybe I'm just no good at video games. Melee is definitely more viable once you get the Shield-Weaver armor. I pretty much stopped using health potions once I got that and mostly gave up on ranged combat and just whacked things with my spear. Most things took 3 hits to fall down and allow a critical hit, by the time they got back up I can just get in the third hit again and they fall down and another critical. Poor critters don't stand a chance.

If I had a main gripe it would be anything that involves climbing/jumping. Many times it wasn't obvious where to go. And sometimes when just trying to step on ropes, or jump out and grab it to slide down, Aloy would just fall to her death. That definitely needs to be improved for the sequel. Unless I am the only person this happened to.

I'll go for the Platinum as I have most everything done but the Hunter Lodge stuff and the collectibles.

--
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Aslanna wrote:I finished it last night. The last mission was fairly tough and that was on easy! Or maybe I'm just no good at video games. Melee is definitely more viable once you get the Shield-Weaver armor. I pretty much stopped using health potions once I got that and mostly gave up on ranged combat and just whacked things with my spear. Most things took 3 hits to fall down and allow a critical hit, by the time they got back up I can just get in the third hit again and they fall down and another critical. Poor critters don't stand a chance.

If I had a main gripe it would be anything that involves climbing/jumping. Many times it wasn't obvious where to go. And sometimes when just trying to step on ropes, or jump out and grab it to slide down, Aloy would just fall to her death. That definitely needs to be improved for the sequel. Unless I am the only person this happened to.

I'll go for the Platinum as I have most everything done but the Hunter Lodge stuff and the collectibles.

Completely agree on both the climbing and the ropes. Otherwise great game.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nice they are still adding features. It looks like a few more minor annoyances I had, mostly with the inventory system, were added/changed with the latest patch (1.20). Maybe those should have been there day one but oh well. The sequel will have all that stuff finely tuned!
Feature Improvements

Improved photo mode with new features
- Added poses for Aloy
- Added facial expressions for Aloy
- Added 3 new filters
- Added a “look at the camera” mode for Aloy
- Added “greetings from” cards
- Improved the camera controls

Added the option to hide Aloy inside settlements while in photo mode.

Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.

Added filters and a legend to the in game map and the quest map.

Added several new custom HUD options.

Added an additional blue health bar on top of the player’s health bar whenever the Shield Weaver Armor is equipped to indicate the amount of extra health points the armor is providing.

Added difficulty setting components to the Shield Weaver Armor’s damage protection. On hard mode the armor received a 40% armor reduction, on very hard the armor received a 66.6% reduction.

Added the option to hide headgear for Aloy.

Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.

Added categories in the crafting menu
- Green check mark for categories that are finished
- White icon for categories that have recipes that can be crafted
- Grey icon for categories that have no recipes that can be crafted

Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.

Added gameplay time to the statistics menu.

Changed the timing of some tutorials that were repeatedly displayed, they are now less frequent.

Added the option to control the x and y axis sensitivity of the camera.

Added Spanish language support for North American copies of the game. Spanish subtitles can now be enabled, and Spanish audio is also now supported via a Spanish VO pack that can be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Store (in the week of 8th May).

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Horizon Zero Dawn Celebrates Second Anniversary, 10 Million Copies Sold Worldwide
10 million!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Good news for the console haters out there.
Horizon Zero Dawn, a PlayStation 4 exclusive when it was released in 2017, is coming to Windows PC, according to a Kotaku report.

Developer by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, Horizon Zero Dawn is a critically acclaimed action role-playing game set in a world with hulking robot creatures. Guerrilla Games is owned by Sony, and its games have been exclusive to PlayStation platforms.

Kotaku reported Horizon Zero Dawn will be released on PC this year, the first time it’s on a platform outside of PlayStation. The report said it’ll be on “both Steam and the Epic Games Store,” though it “may not be finalized yet.”

--