The Expanse (SyFy)

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The Expanse (SyFy)

Post by Winnow »

Awhile back I listened the first audiobook of the Expanse series, Leviathan Wakes. It wasn't bad but not great. It's en epic space opera involving politics and war between Earth, a colonized Mars and the Outer Planet Alliance. I'm enjoying the TV series more than the book.

I've seen the first three episodes so far. It has high production values and is worth checking out. As with all deep, multi novel epic sagas, it takes a few episodes to get going. Episode 2 aired last night, 4 total episodes have leaked that are available in the usual places. If it has enough viewers to be renewed, there's plenty of story available for multiple seasons.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Expanse (SyFy)

Post by Winnow »

This gets really good in episode 4. Lots of action. GoT in space! Not really, but good.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Didn't read the book, but remembered hearing about it when the ads started to air. I have this one on my DVR, just waiting for a couple more episodes to show up.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:Didn't read the book, but remembered hearing about it when the ads started to air. I have this one on my DVR, just waiting for a couple more episodes to show up.
Wait for 4 (couple more weeks) and after watching those you'll either be hooked or can move on. It picks up once the Martians are introduced IMO.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This is the best Science Fiction series since BSG.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yeah, its by far the best stuff SyFy has put out in a long time, no doubt about it. Its not as great as BSG, but its still young. I'm digging it so far.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I liked it. I'm going to read the books while I wait for the new episodes next year.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I just started watching it the other day, only through the first few episodes, but it's not bad so far.