Dark Angel

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dark Angel

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:What do you guys think of the upcoming Firefly show that is replace Dark Angel :cry: ? From what I have seen in the previews it really looks kind of cool. It has that chick from the Hercules series in it. She rocks.
-Bubba Grizz Aug 1, 2002

I think You'll like it Bubba!

I finished watching the first season of Dark Angel a few days ago and have watched 7 episodes of the second season.

I enjoyed the first season. Jessica Alba is hot of course but the story was interesting enough.

The second season completely blows. Checking the original air dates of Dark Angel (2001-2002) I had my suspicions as to what happened. For those that haven't seen it, the show takes place in Seattle around 2010 I think, after an unknown enemy detonates an EMP bomb (Electromagnetic Pulse) over the U.S., disabling much of the electronic equipment, sending the U.S. into a deep depression.

The original season continuously mentions "terrorists" and mostly assumes the attack originated in the middle east although this is never confirmed. Well, Season One filmed right before 911 happened. After 911, the freaks at Fox decided to take the show in a different direction. Instead of the grungy intense cat and mouse game evading Manticore, they released a bunch of "transgenetics" into the world and focused on Jessica Alba (Max) (X5-452) trying to protect them. They pretty much destroy or ignore all of the relationships and character building from season one.

Season One is well worth the watch while Season Two is garbage (through the firsts seven episodes at least).

Jessica Alba was hot in 2001-2002. James Cameron was executive producer behind Dark Angel and it showed promise the first season. Jessica Alba was hot in 2001-2002. The show originally aired on Tuesdays for the first season and, typical of Fox, it was moved to Fridays for season two to die. Jessica Alba was hot back in 2001-2002. I don't think the show is available on Netflix of Amazon streaming. I downloaded it from the newsgroups.

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Dark Angel

Post by Funkmasterr »

Loved this show. Pretty sure I still have both seasons on DVD, haha.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

All I know is, that guy frisking her probably got herpes now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:Season One is well worth the watch while Season Two is garbage (through the firsts seven episodes at least).
Finished Season Two. While the first half of Season Two was painful to watch, from episode 10 on, it improved a bit and was a little more watchable. 911 happening really screwed up this series. I recommend everyone watch it since I did!