Presidential Candidates 2016

What do you think about the world?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Well.. It sure was an interesting day. Trump supporters invading the fucking Capitol. I hope the Republicans who kept supporting Trump's delusional rigged election fantasy are pleased with the results.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's a fucking shame the authorities didn't just open fire on everyone inside the doors. That's my takeaway as of now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: January 6, 2021, 7:26 pm It's a fucking shame the authorities didn't just open fire on everyone inside the doors. That's my takeaway as of now.
That goes without saying for the vandalizing rioters in the BLM protests, I fully agree. Hmm only ok to kill the white people!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow doesn't disappoint with that response...

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Today was yet another strong argument for abolishing the police.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nice to see some of these people being identified and arrested or losing their jobs. It's funny because most Republicans are anti-maskers so it just makes them that much easier to identify when they riot and occupy the Capitol. What a bunch of dumbasses.

What's funnier (sadder?) is seeing Fox News try to spin this. They even dug Sarah fuckin Palin out of whatever hole she was buried in. It's all about Antifa now.. They were disguised as Trump supporters!

#oniontowel

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Luckily, these fascists didn’t know what they were doing, otherwise it could have been a lot worse.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: January 11, 2021, 7:17 am Luckily, these fascists didn’t know what they were doing, otherwise it could have been a lot worse.
I agree, if it was BLM, they would have looted and vandalized a lot more than these people did and probably a few more cops would be dead.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

A 25-year-old white man was responsible for the courthouse fire in Nashville.

The person responsible for vandalizing an Auto Zone in Minneapolis was a white supremacist.

White people kill a majority if police each year. The leading cause of death for police is suicide.

Had the majority of people storming the Capitol been Black, and had they been planning it for weeks, the response would have been much different. Instead of a thin blue line of cops guiding them into the Capitol, showing them where to go and taking selfies, there would have been a huge military presence, a lot of riot police, and the organizers would have been targeted by the FBI days in advance.

But that would never happen. You would never see a bunch of Black people storm the Capitol because their preferred candidate lost a fair election like these entitled white motherfuckers.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oh look. Once again Winnow is proving what a moron he is.

There is NO COMPARISON between this and the BLM protests. Or riots if you want to call them that which I don't find unreasonable in certain instances.

For one thing, BLM, at its core, was protesting unreasonable violence (murder) against the black community by white cops. What was the basis of the insurrection at the Captiol? Dumbfuck Trump and his breaindead followers claiming the election was "stolen" even though they have been able to offer ZERO evidence after two fucking months? Fuck off.

If you try to rationalize what happened last Wednesday fuck you. You don't deserve to call yourself an American. Full stop.

The thing I am most concerned about is Trump pardoning these assholes before the 20th.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 12, 2021, 8:46 pm
There is NO COMPARISON between this and the BLM protests. Or riots if you want to call them that which I don't find unreasonable in certain instances.

What? BLM had no good reason to riot. The only reason for that was to loot stores. Most of those dumbasses, white or black, really didn't know what was going on. It was just a reason to be out on the streets.

Fuck BLM. I'm ok with reforms but fuck BLM right in the ass.

As for Trump, he needs to go and will be going. I think the impeachment is a waste and will only rile up the militias which are capable of a lot more harm than the loot focused BLM idiots.

Spang, white people are killed by cops (black or white cops) as well. Show me the list of riots that followed a common white criminal being killed similar to the common black criminals that have been killed recently. Let me know when the next one happens, maybe I can score a TV.

What I'm concerned about is the censorship from Twitter, Facebook and now YouTube. They have way too much power in determining which side of politics they feel like censoring. With Trump, sure I can see why you'd be ok with it, but there will come a time when someone is censored you aren't ok with. I would recommend again watching "The Social Dilemma" docu-drama on social media (Netflix). Very concerning.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 13, 2021, 10:53 amWhat I'm concerned about is the censorship from Twitter, Facebook and now YouTube. They have way too much power in determining which side of politics they feel like censoring. With Trump, sure I can see why you'd be ok with it, but there will come a time when someone is censored you aren't ok with. I would recommend again watching "The Social Dilemma" docu-drama on social media (Netflix). Very concerning.
They are private companies. And they have rules and terms of service. They have been booting off people since they came into existence so this is nothing new.

If someone like AOC or Biden incited an insurrection at the Capitol though years of false statements on a particular platform I'd have zero problems with them being banned from said place. It's not like Trump was booted in a vacuum. Actions have consequences.

If you don't like it then a) follow the rules b) don't use their platform or c) start your own platform.

But again it's no surprise you keep making excuses (or ignoring it in general) being a Republican and all. At least there are some Republicans out there with a spine saying what a disaster Trump has been and that he should be removed immediately. And they are in fucking office. Yet you as a private citizen with nothing to lose can't come out and say something similar. To quote our soon-to-be ex-president: SAD.

You might make a fine Republican but you make for a shitty American.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Everyone time someone spends energy dunking on this fucking neanderthal, a little piece of me dies.

That said, it's hilarious that Republicans, in the same conversation will argue for a free market and less government regulation - but then when they are censored for objectively lying and/or inciting a fucking armed rebellion, they pull a 180. For the party of "Facts don't care about your feelings", they sure seem to spend a lot of time whining about their feelings.

I loathe social media and will be happy to see them kneecapped, but this is not amongst the many grievances I have with them. Trump has been abandoned by everything from social media, to banks, events, etc. Same goes for Parler. The fact is that at some point, if people keep enabling this kind of shit, they will become complicit, and they're not going to take that risk. And I don't blame them.

The fact of the matter here is that the shit Trump and his cronies have been saying regarding election fraud, etc is at best intentionally misleading, and more likely objectively and demonstrably false. His enablers have spent the last few months asking what harm can come of humoring his grievances, and we now have an answer. This idea that we need to humor these fucking people because they believe conspiracy theories and other complete falsehoods is ridiculous; they should be completely ignored.

Also, I don't think anyone should be giving any credit to the Republicans that are now finally saying this shit is not okay and Trump has to go. They've fucking known that to be the case for four years, but didn't want to piss off his base until they couldn't pretend anymore. This is not something worth any praise or credit - they're self serving, cowardly pieces of shit that allowed this to fucking happen.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 13, 2021, 12:47 pm
If you don't like it then a) follow the rules b) don't use their platform or c) start your own platform.
It's a problem because there is no unbiased outlet anymore. The news outlets are far left or far right. Being in the middle doesn't sell anything.

Our country was founded on revolution. Following the rules would have gotten us more taxes and being Britain's bitch forever. The propaganda machine is what made Hitler what he is. In Germany's case the media was far right, in the current US, it's far left, including the Hollywood dweebs.

Controlling the media is not a good thing. Ignore Trump if you consider him an extreme case. Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter all control the flow of information and mold it to what they want you to see. Add CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, etc to that list but with less control over tracking you and force feeding you the news they want you to see, not necessarily the truth. Simply took at CNN/FOX front pages any day of the week to see how extreme the twist on news is depending on where you get it.

Amazon has the power to take down an entire social media platform and did. They can do it to anyone whether they have a reason to or not. Amazon and Microsoft are HUGE internet hosts.

BLM sells ads so you'll get a shitload of that overblown bullshit while being a borderline terrorist organization. You assclowns laughing at the misery they've caused our police force should be ashamed while playing the victim card. Can't wait to see this bloated unfocused bunch of democrats try and get anything done. Get ready for porkbelly politics, stuffing all sorts of needless, worthless shit into bills to appease the various factions while cutting science and technology spending. It's going to be a fucking mess.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote: January 13, 2021, 2:17 pmAlso, I don't think anyone should be giving any credit to the Republicans that are now finally saying this shit is not okay and Trump has to go. They've fucking known that to be the case for four years, but didn't want to piss off his base until they couldn't pretend anymore. This is not something worth any praise or credit - they're self serving, cowardly pieces of shit that allowed this to fucking happen.
Believe me.. I wasn't praising them. But I do give the few of them that stopped drinking the KoolAid for a minute or two a small amount of credit because they are risking their political career (even if it is to do what is right). The main reason I brought that up is because at least they have something to lose and, even if it is 4 years too late, and are finally standing up to Trump. Whereas Winnow, who is some anonymous internet troll, can't even do the same because he can't put common decency or his country over party and that's pretty pathetic.

Winnow wrote: January 13, 2021, 3:58 pmAmazon has the power to take down an entire social media platform and did. They can do it to anyone whether they have a reason to or not. Amazon and Microsoft are HUGE internet hosts.
Good thing they HAD A REASON TO! They put in the time and money to build the platform.. Why can't they dictate the rules? My house.. My rules. Again.. Don't like it? Build your own house. If Twitter or AWS were controlled by the government I'd be sympathetic to your case. But as of now I am not. I know the current hot button topic being pushed over at FOX News is "Big Tech stealing my rights!" but MANY people and entities have been abandoning Trump and a lot of them have nothing to do with tech. A bunch of republicans.. The PGA.. His bank.. His lawyers.. The people hosting his online store... and the list is only growing longer. To reiterate: actions have consequences. The only sad thing is that the consequences are only just now catching up to him.

Boo hoo.. Trump got booted after MANY questionable posts. If anything it's too little too late. They should have booted him LONG ago but they didn't due to him being President. Anyone else would have been kicked off long ago.

Call it censorship if you want. But that's because you think Trump and his Republicans enablers are the victims here. Spoiler alert: They are not.

But feel free to deflect and vomit up another pointless post about BLM.

Winnow wrote:Get ready for porkbelly politics, stuffing all sorts of needless, worthless shit into bills to appease the various factions while cutting science and technology spending. It's going to be a fucking mess.
Speaking of drinking the KoolAid... Because we all know Republicans have only put essential spending into their bills... Hahahahaha!

Also, a lot of conservatives seem to think repealing section 230 will help their "cause". If anything it is the OPPOSITE and will lead to much more censoring across the board since they would then be liable for it. So if you're one of the people in support of it, and I have no idea if you are, you're a moron. I imagine most right wingers have no clue what Section 230 is other than that Trump says it's BAD. If it just impacted social media companies I wouldn't care, since I'd be happy if they all shut down, but it impacts MANY entities on the internet including your ISP.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Twitter CEO on banning Trumps account:
Dorsey acknowledged that taking such actions "fragment the public conversation", "divide us" and "limit the potential for clarification, redemption, and learning." He also admitted that the power of his corporation in the "global public conversation" has set a "dangerous" precedent.
Aslanna wrote: January 13, 2021, 9:02 pm Good thing they HAD A REASON TO! They put in the time and money to build the platform.. Why can't they dictate the rules? My house.. My rules. Again.. Don't like it? Build your own house.
I realize this is easy to say but take a minute to think about it. This isn't the old days where people could live on their own independently and knew how to survive.

Today most of us know how to do barely anything. We know how do do a select few things. We are all dependent on others and companies. Don't like the cell phones out there? You aren't building your own. Not without a bazillion patents and another bazillion people making all the components from the ground up for you and even more people putting it together for you. No matter what, you'll be reliant on shitloads of other people. Hell most of us couldn't make a fork or a spoon or program the game Pong.

There's no getting away from a company like Facebook. I despise them yet they bought Oculus and have the best VR headset. I have to use them to log into many mobile games, they own instagram and Whatsapp which non Americans use and are super popular, you can't even view instagram images without a facebook account or giving up your phone number. Fuck them, I'll use Parlor...oh shit! Amazon took them down completely, so much for that option...not that you could even get the app after Apple and Google removed it. Facebook account is manditory for the new Oculus Quest 2. And before you say it, it's not like Sony requiring a playstation account. Facebook rapes you as much as it possibly can for personal information to sell to the highest bidder so it's not like a normal login account for other products.

When a company is influential enough to be able to impact free speech or our government, there's a problem. We either move toward some form of government run by mega corporations (hello Cyberpunk 2077!) or we regulate them and don't let them get out of control.

Out of curiosity, have you watched The Social Dilemma I keep mentioning? The drama part of it is a little corny at times but it does a good job of showing how influential google, facebook etc are in almost everyone's lives now. If you don't use them, I don't care, neither do I except for a fake account logging into games etc. Think beyond yourself, think bigger picture here. Look at the BLM idiots. When not looting, they were more interested in videoing every-fucking-thing. Videoing others videoing others videoing. Same with the Capital Building, most of those fools were taking selfies. Most are just lost in their social media, even while at the event itself. Those that aren't there, sit their fat asses in their easy chair and watch the idiots on TV videotaping other idiots.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You've spent the last 20 paragraphs of posting building on your premise of social media and tech being necessary to survive... you do realize this isn't the case, right? VV is the closest thing I have to social media. I don't use Amazon, I don't order anything online unless it's necessary, I don't order my food online, I go pick it up and wait for it, I have almost no apps downloaded on my phone, etc. Not everyone is fucking lazy/wants all the tech at whatever expense.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: January 14, 2021, 10:46 am You've spent the last 20 paragraphs of posting building on your premise of social media and tech being necessary to survive... you do realize this isn't the case, right? VV is the closest thing I have to social media. I don't use Amazon, I don't order anything online unless it's necessary, I don't order my food online, I go pick it up and wait for it, I have almost no apps downloaded on my phone, etc. Not everyone is fucking lazy/wants all the tech at whatever expense.
And you still can't make shit yourself. That's my point. You still rely on others that are also only specialist and know maybe how to do one thing. And those people you do get your food from use social media. Not using Amazon means nothing. As I usually remind Aslanna, think beyond your own situation, "Well I don't do that, use that, feel that, it so it doesn't matter!". There's always a way to disassociate yourself from something.

That fact that you don't take advantage of technology is irrelevant. Most tech is highly useful. How the tech is used and manipulated is the issue. Unless you are some straw sandal wearing freak, stfu about your little trips to pick up food in the car you can't make, or even the bicycle you can't make, using money that undoubtedly doesn't not come from you hunting and gathering or being some sort of smith that uses tools that were made that you couldn't make yourself. Totally get rid of that phone and never use the internet again and I'll start to be impressed if I come across you in a man made hut fishing for your own food on the shore of some remote lake.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Is your argument, or what you think I am making, is that for everything you don't like you should be able to "build" your own? If so, that is a moronic take on what I was saying. For one thing, hardware is a lot different than a platform, or "software" if you will.

You seem to be glossing over the fact that these places have rules. Rules that you agree to when you sign up and create an account. Why should I accommodate people that disregard those rules and do what they want? You don't have a RIGHT to do what you want on a platform owned by others just like you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre.

Regardless, this is an issue we won't agree on. Trump broke the rules, used platforms to incite violence and push his bullshit conspiracy theories for YEARS, and FINALLY got banned. He is not the victim here. If you believe he is then you are the problem. As I said earlier, Twitter and Facebook have been banning people for years for breaking their rules ever since they came into existence so why is it an issue for you now?

You also seem to think Facebook and Twitter are essential to live in the world today. They are not.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote: January 16, 2021, 8:43 pm Is your argument, or what you think I am making, is that for everything you don't like you should be able to "build" your own? If so, that is a moronic take on what I was saying. For one thing, hardware is a lot different than a platform, or "software" if you will.

You seem to be glossing over the fact that these places have rules. Rules that you agree to when you sign up and create an account. Why should I accommodate people that disregard those rules and do what they want? You don't have a RIGHT to do what you want on a platform owned by others just like you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre.

Regardless, this is an issue we won't agree on. Trump broke the rules, used platforms to incite violence and push his bullshit conspiracy theories for YEARS, and FINALLY got banned. He is not the victim here. If you believe he is then you are the problem. As I said earlier, Twitter and Facebook have been banning people for years for breaking their rules ever since they came into existence so why is it an issue for you now?

You also seem to think Facebook and Twitter are essential to live in the world today. They are not.
Yeah, I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about the point you're making. The problem here is that a lot of these people (not just Trump) seem to have a serious lack of understanding of where their opinions do and don't bear any relevance. They think that their completely emotion based opinions that are in no way rooted in fact are supposed to hold weight, and they fucking don't.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: December 31, 2020, 11:29 am
Aslanna wrote: December 30, 2020, 9:59 pm You mean Snowden? I wouldn't be opposed to that.
Holy shit, yep that's who I mean. Guess I had McVeigh on the mind from the recent bombing in Nashville.
Trump is also not expected to pardon Edward Snowden or Julian Assange, whose roles in revealing US secrets infuriated official Washington.
While he had once entertained the idea, Trump decided against it because he did not want to anger Senate Republicans who will soon determine whether he's convicted during his Senate trial. Multiple GOP lawmakers had sent messages through aides that they felt strongly about not granting clemency to Assange or Snowden.
No surprise Trump has no spine. Assange can fuck off (Sorry, Pamela Anderson) but I am disappointed that there will probably be no Snowden pardon.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 19, 2021, 6:20 pm No surprise Trump has no spine. Assange can fuck off (Sorry, Pamela Anderson) but I am disappointed that there will probably be no Snowden pardon.
Lets see if you say the same thing about Biden in 4 years regarding Snowden or if you're a hypocrite. It would be great if Biden pardons him.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 21, 2021, 10:04 amLets see if you say the same thing about Biden in 4 years regarding Snowden or if you're a hypocrite. It would be great if Biden pardons him.
I'm not sure on your point here. I thought Obama should have pardoned Snowden and there's probably some post here stating that. Unless it got eaten in the upgrade. In which case I am stating it again. Or for the first time.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I can't believe Biden is going to open the floodgates for illegal immigrants. The bills we already pay for illegal immigrants for medical care is staggering. It's fucking scary the things Biden is doing and going to do to appease the liberals.

Trump, the man, was/is a horrible person. The state of the democrat party is far worse than the single man Trump, fragmented and so many promises to sign off on by Biden to try and keep the votes. With Trump gone, the Republican party is a far better choice than the Democrats. I'll take the religious nutjobs over the sea of racist black people and lazy any race people playing the victim card and just hoping for the biggest welfare check they can get. They're too stupid to realize they won't get those fat stimulus checks anyway after the false promises. They vote for the money, they don't give a fuck how it's paid for (by the white lives that matter at least enough to pay for this shit)

I'm all for racial equality, I'm 100 percent against this Black Lives Matter bullshit. Put up a banner "Black Lives Matter" it's all good. Put up a banner "White Lives Matter" and you get arrested. Black Lives Matter is as racists as it gets. Fuck those assholes. And Yellow lives really don't matter. If I was an asian american I'd be saying what the fuck? Those commercials "I work for people of color because they can't buy a computer"...uh no, it has nothing to do with color. Any poor person, white black, yellow or pink can't buy a computer. Shut the fuck up about BLM. No matter what your color, there are a ton of lazy fucks in the United States but the blacks play the victim card. Redneck white people don't play the race victim card but democrats still get their vote for the welfare check bonus promises. Fuck all of these stupid liberals. They will destroy the country by gaining power on the vote of idiot poor people looking for the easiest path and having no clue about the repercussions.

If these BLM ringleaders had any intelligence, they would have started off their campaign saying "all lives matter" you know, that includes blacks and doesnt separate native americans, asians and a lot of whites that otherwise may have been a little more down with it (before the violence, vandalism and looting at least). It would have been a much better and non fucking racist message.

Lets check back in 2023 to see how things progressed in this country. CNN will still be blaming Trump for everything until at least 2040. We'll be lucky if a full on civil war hasn't cranked up by then.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah buddy, advertise to us all what an ignorant, racist piece of shit you are. Go you!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: January 25, 2021, 11:38 am Yeah buddy, advertise to us all what an ignorant, racist piece of shit you are. Go you!
I'm far from being a racist. My current relationships and friends over the years would bear that out. You need to separate hating BLM from being a racist. That organization can go fuck itself.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Opposing the movement for Black lives is racist no matter how many Black friends you have.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: January 29, 2021, 9:51 pm Opposing the movement for Black lives is racist no matter how many Black friends you have.
It's a terrorist group. I'm all for movements. Soylent keeps me regular.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: February 2, 2021, 11:35 am
Spang wrote: January 29, 2021, 9:51 pm Opposing the movement for Black lives is racist no matter how many Black friends you have.
It's a terrorist group.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... anization/

Funny. It doesn't seem to be. But hey why let facts get in the way.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

"PolitiFact"? lol
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It has 'fact' right in the name so there's no arguing that.

And the article seems well sourced. But I doubt you even bothered to read it and instead want to parrot everything Fox News brainwashes you to say.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Idaho man in his own backyard fatally shot by officer who mistook him for armed suspect, police say
An Idaho police officer fatally shot a man in his own backyard Monday while searching a neighborhood for a suspect believed to be armed, officials said.
Shoesmith is white, as was the victim, who has not been identified, police told NBC News. The officer who shot the victim is Latino.
White...hence nobody cares! No riots, no vandalism and no free TV for this one. Sorry BLMers! Keep watching the news for next black incident to overreact to.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I guess Idaho ran out of black people for the police to shoot.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wow. Winnow sure pwned those libtards with that latest post...

Nobody is saying that the police don't shoot people of all races and creeds.

Still waiting for you sources that state BLM IS a domestic terrorist group. I mean, you scoffed at the one I posted yet you have zero of your own to back up your claim. But that's not surprising. Keep towing that Fox News line...

(Miir!)

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: February 12, 2021, 9:46 pm Nobody is saying that the police don't shoot people of all races and creeds.
You missed the point entirely. Of course all races get shot. There would have been chaos in the streets if this was a black victim.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

These conversations are much more enjoyable with winnow on my ignore list. I get to read other posts and then role play what a racist, completely out of touch piece of white trash would've had to say to prompt that response :lol:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sweet. Now I can mention how Funk adds close to zero actual insight in any discussion on this forum without hurting his cancel culture feelings!

This is a perfect example of a libtard following the dim guidebook and cancel/banning opposing views.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Man dies after police kneel on his neck for nearly 5 minutes, family says in wrongful death claim

By Stella Chan and Leah Asmelash, CNN

Updated 3:40 PM ET, Tue February 23, 2021
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/23/us/angel ... index.html

Where are the riots? Oh, right, he wasn't black. Your TV's are safe!

And this guy didn't hold a gun to a pregnant lady's belly like some other crackhead dude that eventually had his neck kneeled on.

Can't wait for BLM to jump all over the next black guy that stubs his toe running into a cop car after robbing a bank. I just hope to hell the mob beats the hell out of some of you for no reason at all. You'd probably think of it as a badge of honor being bitch slapped by one of them on their way to the local best buy for the looting spree. I'm sure you'll forgive them, being that they are all victims.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

For someone who was so worried about voter suppression Winnow is awfully quiet about all the new voting restrictions being put in place by Republican lawmakers who are trying to do everything the can to make sure they win again. Some of them being: Impose stricter ID requirements, limit drop boxes, give lawmakers the power to take over local elections, shorten the early voting period in all runoff elections, as well as make it a misdemeanor to offer food and water to voters waiting in line.

Other states like Florida and Arizona are also working on voter suppression laws. Funny that they are all being driven by one side.

Typical Republican tactics though.. Instead of investigating why you lost the population by 7 million votes just do what you can to try and stop those people from voting. Your policies (and candidates) suck so maybe start there.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote: March 26, 2021, 12:53 pm For someone who was so worried about voter suppression Winnow is awfully quiet about all the new voting restrictions being put in place by Republican lawmakers who are trying to do everything the can to make sure they win again. Some of them being: Impose stricter ID requirements, limit drop boxes, give lawmakers the power to take over local elections, shorten the early voting period in all runoff elections, as well as make it a misdemeanor to offer food and water to voters waiting in line.

Other states like Florida and Arizona are also working on voter suppression laws. Funny that they are all being driven by one side.

Typical Republican tactics though.. Instead of investigating why you lost the population by 7 million votes just do what you can to try and stop those people from voting. Your policies (and candidates) suck so maybe start there.
It's really disgusting. And any plausible deniability of their intentions behind this are dashed away when many of them are on video/audio recording saying that if everyone is allowed to vote, Replublicans won't win elections anymore. These people are the minority in the country, demonstrably. The mechanisms for people like McConnell to allow these world views to continue to be over represented need to be fixed, so that these fucking troglodytes aren't able to continue controlling the direction this country moves in.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I love it. Voting should be carefully monitored. I believe it's corrupt on both sides of the aisle. Our voting process sucks ass. We need a much more technically advanced way of being sure votes are legitimate. Both sides, all Americans should agree with this.

What's wrong with stricter ID requirements? If you are a legitimate voter, you should have an ID that's valid. The food/water is probably due to discouraging anything thought of as a benefit to potential voters....say heavy democrat (or republican) voting area offers free pizza for those waiting in line...you get more voters showing up with certain preferences.

Vote and go home, it's not a party. Bring your own water and food.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Of course you love it. You're a Republican so it's the only way your people will get into power is by cheating. But call it what you want it's still very obviously voter suppression and it comes as no surprise you have no problem with this. What benefit is there in limiting drop boxes? Why give lawmakers the power to take over local elections? What is the benefit in having a shorter early voting period?

Despite Trumps claim to the contrary the 2020 election was said to be the most secure election in history. The GA votes were recounted THREE TIMES and still found to be accurate! A lot of the early and mail-in voting legislation in GA and PA (and probably other states) was passed BY REPUBLICANS! Now that they see it doesn't favor them of course they are rushing to change it.

As an American you should be disgusted by it. But as a Republican I see why you support it. SAD.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: March 31, 2021, 8:04 pm Of course you love it. You're a Republican so it's the only way your people will get into power is by cheating.
Pretty sure you have that backwards. The democrats depend on welfare bums and fringe citizens/non citizens to get their votes. The more they can ease voting requirements, offer, food, drinks, stimulus, increased welfare checks, increased unemployement, extended unemployment, the more votes they'll get even though it's not better for our country. I can't fucking stand liberals and the current mentality of the democrats. Democrats completely depend on these horribly run democrat/liberal leader big cities with all the fucking losers in them that need handouts. That is what's truly disgusting.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

OK, Boomer.

PS: I'm pretty sure I do not have that backwards but thank you for your opinion.

I know you won't watch this so I won't bother. But once again.. It's obvious you don't give a shit about voter suppression and I think I've proven that. Or should I say you've proven it yourself.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A great source for political news is the Youtube Channel, "The Hill"

https://www.youtube.com/c/thehill/featured

Krystal Ball (strange name but she's from the left!) and Saagar Enjeti give viewpoints from both sides. Great commentary from both sides without them yelling at each other.

Pick out a few of those and see what you think. They usually fall in the 8-12 minute range so not long. I've found it extremely difficult to find news sources that aren't ridiculous like CNN and FOX. The Hill has the articulate/intelligent people

Here's a good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQLITsDDzzM

It discusses the border crisis and the reasons behind it. The two commentators address the issue from both sides. In this one, I think Krystal was more on her game than Saagar.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I do have to say, after 4 years of the clown car Press Secretaries of the Trump administration who pumped out lies at every opportunity, this woman is a breath of fresh air.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Agreed. Like I've said before, it's past time to stop pretending like everyone's "opinions" are equal. Shit like this should be shot down with extreme prejudice, just like she did here.

Same goes for Mitch McConnel's empty threats about the MLB doing this. He seems to think that anyone cares about alienating Republican voters that might be upset that corporations, and most of the people in the country for that matter, aren't going to stand idly by while Republicans continue their discriminatory bullshit.