Remaster/Collections

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Remaster/Collections

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I don't mind these at all. I will double dip for every one of these, but only when they are dirt cheap. I just wanted to make a list of the ones I know about or are on my radar. I own a lot of these already and really like the updated graphics, frame rate, and new features.

Current Gen:
Tomb Raider
GTAV
Last of Us
Sleeping Dogs
God of War 3
Gears of War Collection
Uncharted Collection
Dishonored
DMC4
Dark Souls 2
Master Chief Collection
Final Fantasy X/X2
Borderlands Prequel/2
Saints Row 4
Resident Evil 1
Darksiders 2

Last Gen
Ratchet and Clank
God of War Collections (various)
Sly Cooper
Prince of Persia
Kindom Hearts 1/2
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus
Splinter Cell
Zone of Enders
Devil May Cry
Jak and Daxter
Hitman
Silent Hill
MGS Collection

There are PC remakes too, like Age of Mythology, Homeworld, and many others, but I wanted to stick to consoles for this thread. There are also franchise collections from last gen that I left out, like Assassins Creed and Mass Effect because all those do is collect a series in one set and don't really add anything.

Did I miss some? How do you feel about these collections? Are there any collections you'd like to see? The seem to have become somewhat of a hot button topic this gen because people feel these remakes are leeching resources from new games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Remaster/Collections

Post by Aslanna »

I see a lot of people complaining about them. But if you don't want them don't buy them. Obviously they sell well, or at least cost effective, or they wouldn't keep putting them out.

A common argument seems to be "They should spend resources on new releases" well... Development costs money people. If they can get a few more bucks off something they've already made why not?

Not to mention the fact that a lot of times the people working on "new releases" aren't the same people that are working on a remaster/collection. Most of the time it's a whole different company the work was outsourced to.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Remaster/Collections

Post by Winnow »

It's all about sales.

The Uncharted collection is being released around the time Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider 2 are being released in November while they push Uncharted back to March 2016 to maximize sales.

I don't know how anyone has time to play older games. I was kind of excited to play FFX when it was remastered as it is one of my favorite games during its original release date. Turns out it sucks to play and like high school, shouldn't be repeated. You should keep the fond memories you had of it, slowly forgetting the suck (or the wealth of way better designed games of the present)
To accompany today's news that Xbox One will soon be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games, Ubisoft just announced that Rainbow Six: Vegas and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 will be free for anyone that buys the latest game in the franchise, Rainbow Six: Siege.
I prefer what Ubisoft is doing. Now that Xbox One offers backward compatibility, they are offering FREE, the previous two Rainbow Six games to those that buy the new release. A little less greed and more fan service. Maybe more companies will follow their lead (at least on the Xbox platform)