Game of Thrones - Season 5

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 5

Post by Winnow »

Who saved Jaime? That Dickon guy or Bron?

I'm assuming Jaime will be captive of Dragon Lady next episode.

Impressive dragon fire stuff. Should have done a few more passes with the dragon before sending in the horses. Wonder how the other two dragons will know which army to fry if no one is on their back directing them.

In true GoT tradition, there wasn't a single hut or person outside of Casterly Rock. There are never any people or buildings outside castle walls.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Winnow wrote:Who saved Jaime? That Dickon guy or Bron?

I'm assuming Jaime will be captive of Dragon Lady next episode.

Impressive dragon fire stuff. Should have done a few more passes with the dragon before sending in the horses. Wonder how the other two dragons will know which army to fry if no one is on their back directing them.

In true GoT tradition, there wasn't a single hut or person outside of Casterly Rock. There are never any people or buildings outside castle walls.
I want to say it was Bronn, since we see a slightly scorched, but otherwise OK sellsword looking at a riderless horse.

Bronn lost his bag 'o gold earlier, if you recall. His ONLY means, at this point, to recoup that sweet sweet gold, is through Jaime.

Dickon would be a fair bet as well. He was a great addition to Team Lannister! You may also remember him from Black Sails--Tom Hopper plays Billy Bones.

Overall, this was a fantastic episode. Sure, the army teleportation is still in place, but it didn't feel as rushed as the previous episode, with swashbuckling Euron Grayjoy popping up all over the seas, thwarting fleets with panache!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I've seen recaps state it both ways: Bronn or Rickon Dickon (/giggle)

Personally I think it was Bronn as he was already in the vicinity having just leaped away from the cheesy giant crossbow mere moments before Drogon blasted it to bits then landed.

Some also think Jamie is dead, being in deep water wearing heavy armor and all, but the show isn't going to kill him off yet. That'd be a lame way for him to go out.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

'Inside look' at the Loot Train Attack.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:
I want to say it was Bronn, since we see a slightly scorched, but otherwise OK sellsword looking at a riderless horse.
It was Bronn.

-The person that saved Jaime was riding a white horse.
-The guy Bronn killed with the catapult was riding a white horse.
-After the dragon scorched the catapult, Bronn stares right at a riderless white horse (most likely owned by the guy that was trying to kill him)

To top it all off, I went back and did a frame-by-frame analysis of it and it's definitely Bronn. I just wanted to present the other pieces to the puzzle!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I hope Billy Bones, er, Dickon survived. Dude adds a ton of charisma to the screen. Mr Grumpy Tarly probably lived, if only to be alive when Samwell busts out some important shit towards the end of the series. Take that, old man!
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

It was bronn, after a rewatch, i don't see the plate male shoulder pads, just a loose'ish leather jerkin sleeves flying through the air.

Here Drowned Jamie Lannister, taken to the bottom by his gold hand. Yeah, no way they kill him off like that, no fkn way. He has to die because of Cersai, not from riding in the shallows, then getting saved from his horseback so fucken hard he flew all the way to the deepest part of the pond/lake.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kluden wrote:riding in the shallows, then getting saved from his horseback so fucken hard he flew all the way to the deepest part of the pond/lake.
Yeah quite a falloff there!

I tried not thinking about it too much.. But it's still funny.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Aslanna wrote:
Kluden wrote:riding in the shallows, then getting saved from his horseback so fucken hard he flew all the way to the deepest part of the pond/lake.
Yeah quite a falloff there!

I tried not thinking about it too much.. But it's still funny.

I like this frame.

And yup, that be Bronnski.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:

And yup, that be Bronnski.
It's actually one stuntman about to knock another stuntman off his horse!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Hrmmm...I don't see the stuntman spring board that launches them 100ft out into the lake...

I tried to ignore it, but its so impossible to ignore those things in movies/shows. Hence, I have to assume Bronn hit him off the horse so fkn hard! Boom!

Its just another example of Bronn's awesomeness. Gravity is his bitch too.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Wouldn't the dragon proceed to snap his big bitch neck around to snatch Jaime and Bronn out of the water like a boss? Not like he is a Ring Wraith and can't get down with the H2O.

STAY TOOOONED
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

d'awwwww, the dragon likes Snow.

Man, Brom and Jaime popping up like 500 yards from the battle is the corniest thing I've seen in GoT. That's just plain bad. They should have had like a waterfall that they fell over to put some distance between them and the battle scene. That water looked still, not like they got washed down the river in one quick breath.

Plot is moving at a breakneck speed compared to previous seasons. "I need to visit my brother" poof! Tyrion's there a minute later introduced by Brom. What's next? Cersie going to pop out a kid at the beginning of the next episode?

I think they should have taken one dragon north. 1, to impress the northern people so they quit bitching so much. 2, to pluck an undead from the north and bring it back. Maybe the dragons don't like cold weather. (at least fire dragons)

Interesting what's going on with little finger and arya. Not liking her much at the moment.

Thought Billy Bones from Black Sails (Dickon) would last a little longer than he did.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah the last shot of the previous episode was them slowly sinking.. Then the next shot this episode was them well over 500 yards away (more like at least half a mile!) and everyone gone. I get wanting to move the story along but it seemed pretty lazy.

I too am not sure why she can't just fly a dragon north, blast a bunch of undead with some fire, then go home. Would take a day at most!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Arya is fucking awesome, that's for sure. I think it's really showing that they are outside of the material covered in the book - they are just ticking all the boxes for conflicts that need to be resolved, etc, and a lot of what is happening now has little to no depth at all. I'm not saying it's terrible, because I'll take any ending to the series at this point, as I have no faith fat ass is ever going to finish the last book, but this season is definitely a bit lacking.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

They were criticized, and rightly so imo, for slow pacing most of the previous seasons however I think they went too far the other way for this season. Things that should have an emotional payoff really don't as they are only devoting a few minutes to each. However this could be due to HBO not wanting to give them enough money for proper pacing to resolve all the outstanding storylines.

Arya may be a good fighter but she is pretty lacking in the politics department. Especially if Littlefinger played her like it looked like he did. I suppose it could have been misdirection. I'm sure we'll have the answer to that in a week or two.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I'll take any ending to the series at this point, as I have no faith fat ass is ever going to finish the last book, but this season is definitely a bit lacking.
My theory is that Martin has finished his book but it varies quite a bit from the TV version so he'll be waiting to release his book until after the last season is over.

As for the pacing, if the above is true, it may be partially due to pressure from Martin because he wants to release his last book.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The next episode has leaked and apparently it's not a crappy version like the previous leaked episode. No spoilers until after it officially airs, please! Or at least use the spoiler tag.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

[Show]
For those that were getting dizzy with how fast things were changing this episode slows things down a bit. Sorta. That's mainly due to only being in 2 locations for the most part.

- Dragons don't seem very sturdy... One ice spear and down it goes! Also, why didn't Jon's group bring any dragonglass with them?

- Poor dragon. What a stupid plan going there to begin with. I hope the books go an alternate path because the whole Fellowship of the Throne storyline is lazy and dumb. The ending of the episode didn't come as a surprise though... Undead dragon!

- Sansa and Arya... I guess Arya was dumb (inexperienced) enough to be played by Littlefinger. No misdirection there! I don't really care for that storyline either.

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yup, watching an MTV teen drama is exactly what I wanted in my GoT final episodes! Lazy is the right term.

Also, when I go marching, I always have at least 3 ginormous chains, because, well, you never know!
[Show]
I've been trying not to get too bitter this season, but the writing has turned lazy. Forgetting your characters and then writing silly story lines "to keep them busy" in the show is lazy. We already know they defeat the night king, and then finish fighting each other, and that it will be spring, so why are we going through the exercise of things? I don't care about a dragon dying, prefer that at least one more goes, if not all of them eventually, but the randomness of having chains nearby to drag it up, etc, is just, well, lazy writing. I assume it was needed to get through/around/over the wall since the dead can't get through otherwise, ok great. But as soon as you saw that bear, you knew a dragon was going to follow.

This is the problem with the books not being done. The HBO former soap opera writers have taken over and the show is backwards. Prepare for incoming Sopranos ending!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to say "where the fuck did they get those huge chains from?!"

I did enjoy the Tormund/Hound scene this episode. It had me cracking up.

This article pretty much summarizes my thoughts about the show currently.
I mean, I had thought the showrunners were racing through these episodes to get to the epic final season, to get everything in place for the Game’s final round. Now I’m thinking they just want to be done playing the game entirely.
I had that feeling as well.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Probably the worst episode yet when it comes to shit happening way too fast along with amazing timing.

I'm sure that ice spear was "enchanted" somehow. First, no one can hurt a spear that far and fast so that already tells me something's going on with it.

That uncle that shows up out of no fucking where to give Snow his horse...wtf?

Arya/Sansa story makes no sense to me. I sense way too much animosity than there should be between them. Arya may as well just be one of the bad guys at this point. She's a moron.

Where did they get those huge chains? Is there a thriving undead city where they make shit like that? If they can make that, they could probably build a ramp to go over the wall as well.

If the turned dragon somehow starts breathing ice instead of fire I think I'll have had enough of this show.

That was the worse episode of GoT I've seen in quite some time (going back to some of the early seasons that had filler episodes)

Shit is happening too fast to care about anything. "Go back and send a Raven"...boom! He's there. They took the time to show the long ass trek to find the walkers, then he's back in seconds. Was there any point at all about taking his hammer befor he left? I mean, he didn't run into anything on the way back...wasted time that could have been spent watching him run! Same with Snow after the miraculous timing of the Uncle giving him a horse, says a one liner and then goes and dies with his stupid flameball chain thing. I know Snow isn't really "alive" anymore but no one survives a dip in ice water in sub freazing temperatures and then rides back how ever many miles wet or frozen.

I prefer they just skip entire scenes if it allows them to spend more development time on the other scenes.

Looking forward to comedy between the hound and big sword lady along with the other wildling chief guy.

Does the dragon lady have some sort of internal heater the rest of us dont? Her face would be seriously frostbitten after that speedy trip on a dragon through sub zero climate. And how did she know where to find the exact position where Snow and company where? Would have made more sense if Hammer/Smith guy was riding back with her giving directions. Over the course of one night, smith guy ran back to the wall, sent a raven all the way south, dragon lady had words with Tyrion and then flew all the way back and found them. Shit's getting out of hand.

Shit.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Well, I will say this on the run/time/etc of the venture north the wall, they were very particular about it being the same day they left. Two episodes they said they are leaving in the morning, and then its night while they are on "frozen pond isle" and the next morning Dany arrives. I think Gendry was sufficiently spent for a half marathon run in the cold. I'll give them that. So they were probably ~10 miles north the wall, one day march, when they found the undead.

As for how fast a crow can fly...I don't know. But the dragon can surely cover the distance of ~200 miles I would think in a couple hours. Basing distances on how long it took King Bob's caravan to come to winterfell from kings landing. I think in the books it was 1 month. So slow moving caravan vs flying dragon for distance. I could see the caravan covering 10 miles a day.

But yes, that article is right. Its just lazy, not them giving up, they (DnD) just can't write on their own and it shows. With the books they had everything they needed and just had to choose which characters to give lines too. Without the book, and only "notes", they have to do much more creativity, and we are just seeing they are not that good. So, please, Hollywood and world, stop giving those two so much writing credit.

And the chains will bother me forever. Some have mentioned, "Oh, the undead just sacked Hardhome, they could of had those chains there". I would say, that's fkn dumb, because why would the people of HardHome need huge dragon chains? It was a fishing village, maybe for whales? But seriously, even that is dumb. I can't imagine the north has enough metal laying around to forge such massively expensive (for the time), resource consuming, chains.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote:Well, I will say this on the run/time/etc of the venture north the wall, they were very particular about it being the same day they left. Two episodes they said they are leaving in the morning, and then its night while they are on "frozen pond isle" and the next morning Dany arrives. I think Gendry was sufficiently spent for a half marathon run in the cold. I'll give them that. So they were probably ~10 miles north the wall, one day march, when they found the undead.

As for how fast a crow can fly...I don't know. But the dragon can surely cover the distance of ~200 miles I would think in a couple hours. Basing distances on how long it took King Bob's caravan to come to winterfell from kings landing. I think in the books it was 1 month. So slow moving caravan vs flying dragon for distance. I could see the caravan covering 10 miles a day.

Referencing distances from this document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KAq ... KUFxs/edit
Wikipedia article on pigeons says that they can fly at 80km/h but I suspect because the other wikipedia page on flight speeds says that average flight speed of peregrine falcon is 65-90km/h. So assuming that average speed of pigeon is 60km/h it should be able to fly for 30h. According to this paper, the speed with minimum power consumption is 8-9m/s (~30km/h). At this speed they should be able to fly for 60 hours. In the same paper it is estimated that the maximum continuous power output is ~10.5 W; if a pigeon has 11g of stored fat (per 400g body weight — assumptions from the same paper), and given the calorific value of fat — 38kJ/g, it can fly upto 38 × 11 ÷ 10.5 = ~40h. This means that the best trained ones can perhaps manage to fly for 2.5 days straight.

Now ravens are heavier (~3 times heavier) but are more aerodynamic and can fly faster. However, I guess they cannot perhaps fly 7 days straight.
Someone estimated the distance to be 1,500 miles from Dragonstone to The Wall. So the Raven had to fly 1,500 miles to deliver the message and then Dany had to fly all the way back, a total of 3,000 miles. If the bird and dragons were traveling at 100 miles and hour, that's 30 hours. So dragon lady, at minimum had 15 hours of 100 mile per hour winds in her face. The windchill would be incredible even before getting beyond the wall with most of the north having worst winter ever. I know dragons are magical but damn, Even my car would have to stop four times to refuel over that distance.
Winterfell to Castle Black (Kingsroad): 650 miles
That Caravan and those wagon wheels would have had to be going 20 miles a day.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Honestly the insta-travel doesn't bother me as much as all the other things that are being rushed this season.

Then again I hated waiting on boats in EQ too. Running to get there just as you see it pulling away from the dock left one feeling so defeated! Fuck boats!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Honestly the insta-travel doesn't bother me as much as all the other things that are being rushed this season.

Then again I hated waiting on boats in EQ too. Running to get there just as you see it pulling away from the dock left one feeling so defeated! Fuck boats!
That's still better than getting glitched out of the boat when it zones and drowning :D
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well... Now begins the 1.5-2 year wait to see how it all ends!

A few thoughts:

- Arya/Sansa - I was really getting annoyed when it looked like Arya was going to be the one being interrogated. Littlefinger has been a pretty useless character the past few seasons so I'm glad he's gone. He was always lurking around creepily like Trump behind Hillary at the debate. And Bran was (briefly) good for something other than spouting "Hey guys.. I'm the three eyed raven!" when nobody even knows what the fuck that means.

- What did Tyrion tell Cersei to get her to come back out? That wasn't shown and during the (incestous!) BOAT SEX scene he looked a bit anxious about something.

- Poor Jamie. Where's he off to next? Winterfell? Should be an interesting reunion with Bran and the rest of the Stark clan if that ends up happening.

- I know the story had to move along but the dragon sure brought the Wall down a bit too easily with it's magic undead blue fire.

-Tormund... Dead or alive? It was really hard to follow who was where with all the camera switching and such.

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yeah, no way they kill Tormund sort of "off camera"...too fan favorite to not give us the glorious gibs of bodily destruction!

I said the same thing about Tyrion...were they just too lazy to write the lines for what he says to Cersai, or did they decide after to cut the scene, because it didn't matter, since she was lying anyways...and planning on lying.

Had same reaction with Arya/sansa scene...almost lost my shit from how dull the mtv drama was. Thank god. Now, I always though littlefinger was a great character, but like mentioned, the last two seasons he was just sort of there.

Jamie I assume goes to wherever Brianne is. Its the only way he doesn't get murdered right away (by, well, any of the starks).

Did you also shake your head in fustration that they revealed Jon's parentage for the 3rd time, without him still finding out? And they played the "big reveal" music orchestra in the back ground like Bran and Sam were talking about something we haven't been told at least twice already...was just annoying, again.

Thank goodness its down to one season. I can't take the writing without GRRM's books to guide them.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I like the giant sword lady as a character. She has a set of morals and pretty much sticks by them. Easy for others to respect her because of that. She has great interaction with multiple people like Jaime, Hound, Wilding Chief dude, the Stark daughters, and Podrick, who still needs some development work.

Jaime finally seeing the light. I agree that he tracks down giant sword lady. Tyrion would protect him as well so he has some options. Plus he's going there as an ally anyway according to Cersei's public words.

After a few poor dialog episodes, this one was above average. Lots of banter.

I think dragon lady should have only brought one dragon to the meeting. As Cersei picked up on, why only two? One would have been less suspicious. It made for an impressive entrance though.

I thought it was pretty funny when the Pirate King interrupted the meeting to try and get Theon to submit to him. Everyone was like, wtf? Who gives a shit about that.

Hard to not like Snow. Tells it like it is and does what he feels is right even if he fucks his aunt. (even if he doesn't know she's his aunt it yet) That's nothing compared to some of the other incestuous stuff going on.

The Wilding chief guy was on the part of the wall that didn't collapse (farthest from the sea). He's still alive. Amazingly clear path (no debris) the undead walked through after the dragon destroyed it, looks like untouched ground.

Really curious what was said between Cersei and Tyrion. That concerned look from him while Dragon lady and Snow were going at it in bed makes me wonder if he was promised a the Hand Job pending the outcome of the war. I find it hard to believe that would happen, but a Tyrion double cross would be quite a shocker.

Dragon lady said she wouldn't do any more nude scenes. I think it was even written into her contract. I wonder if she got a big payday to do it this episode or if she just agreed to it.

The dialog between Cersei and Tyrion that we did hear was great.

Glad to see Little Finger go. The Arya/Sansa thing was wearing thin.

Theon is my longshot to be the final man standing and King of the Seven Realms. 1,000,000 to one odds!

"I'm the three eye raven!" Samwell: "I don't know what that means"

WFT breath is the undead dragon using? That thing would destroy Winterfell in a few blue-flame breathing passes and can't be stopped. It could be there within minutes according to the 200 mile per hour flight times of dragons in this reality. There's absolutely nothing in the North that can stand up to the dead dragon. I have a feeling they'll play out these mass battles while it could be over in minutes after watching the dragon lay waste to the wall in less than two minutes.

Edit: it actually took 2 minutes 30 seconds from start to finish for the dragon to destroy the wall.

How does Snow have black hair? His dad is blond and his mom has brown hair. hmmmmm

Snow/Dragon Lady's kid will marry Cersei's kid. The end.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I like the giant sword lady as a character
She has a name. Brienne of Tarth. Or should I say Brienne of Fucking Tarth!
Winnow wrote:Dragon lady said she wouldn't do any more nude scenes. I think it was even written into her contract. I wonder if she got a big payday to do it this episode or if she just agreed to it.
Not sure I'd really call that a nude scene per se. It was "tastefully" done with most things being blocked from the side. You see racier things on Cartoon Network!
Winnow wrote:WFT breath is the undead dragon using? That thing would destroy Winterfell in a few blue-flame breathing passes and can't be stopped. It could be there within minutes according to the 200 mile per hour flight times of dragons in this reality. There's absolutely nothing in the North that can stand up to the dead dragon. I have a feeling they'll play out these mass battles while it could be over in minutes after watching the dragon lay waste to the wall in less than two minutes.
Yeah actually I think the undead army is now too overpowered. The live dragons can be easily brought down with javelin toss so not sure how they can win. And how does an undead dragon fly with holes in its wings? Not aerodynamically sound!

I really hope Season 8 doesn't focus the majority of time on the zombie dudes. Zombies are so overdone.. It was better when they were just some vague threat that was shown now and again. I don't want to see battles with the undead every episode because that's not what made the show interesting to me.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Honestly the insta-travel doesn't bother me as much as all the other things that are being rushed this season.

That's still better than getting glitched out of the boat when it zones and drowning :D

:lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

So, this conversation will probably happen in episode 1 next season:

Jon: Bran! It's great to see you, where have you been; what have you been doing!?
Bran: Not fucking my aunt...
Jon: What are you talking about?!
Bran: I'm the Three Eyed Raven
Everyone in Winterfell, in Unison: WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!!

Prediction: Jon will waffle for one episode before fully embracing being a Targaryen, aunt fucking and all (and really, who can blame him?). Dany will end up dying and Jon will get the throne. Not before they have a kid though and they end up with dragons like mommy.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Season 8! Final season!

I thought I would just bump this thread as starting a new one seems pointless at this juncture.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Episode 3 recap:

- Too long

- Too dark (light-wise)

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Episode 4 recap:

Holy shit teleportation is back!

I get that with three episodes left (two now) you can't spend 3 weeks traveling somewhere but that doesn't make it any less jarring. They are running out of time to wrap it all up and it shows.

This episode had some good moments but overall it was sloppy as fuck.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sloppy in a few ways! Starbucks is happy about the free promotion in the show!

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/6/18530 ... up-blooper
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

This Starbucks cup is a good reminder of one of the many things I hate so much about how media works. Every fucking news outlet and comedy show has talked about it, and really who cares? For one we don't need to hear about it from every entity ever, and for two there are much bigger issues with the show.

I think this season, particularly the last few episodes have gotten really rushed and sloppy. I won't drone forever on about it, but stuff like sniping a dragon with a bolt from a mile away, said bolts making ships explode like the tips were grenades, no explanation of night king's origin or motivation, Bran being all knowing and no one bothering to try and leverage that, Arya being a faceless assassin and it not occurring to anyone to have her go after Cersei, etc etc etc is all really sloppy and has me back to hoping the books actually get finished one day so that there's at least some kind of cohesive conclusion to all these threads.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:
I think this season, particularly the last few episodes have gotten really rushed and sloppy. I won't drone forever on about it, but stuff like sniping a dragon with a bolt from a mile away, said bolts making ships explode like the tips were grenades
Yeah bolts were way to accurate/powerful.

I thought the cup was funny but not upset it was there.

I'm expecting at least half the remaining primary cast to die in the next two episodes.

Still to come:

Mountain vs Hound
Maybe Theon's Sister vs Pirate Guy

There's good reason for Dany to be pissed:

https://i.redd.it/0wd84ftxtqw21.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comme ... or_slowly/

Tyrian's been giving her horrible advice for a long time now
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Episode 5 recap:

Holy shit they managed to make a dragon boring.

I can't even muster up enough excitement for my usual exclamation point there.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

While it was nice to finally see the true power of a dragon, GoT's strength is the drama/dialog between the characters. Most of them said nothing this episode.

I'm wondering if Cersei had a falling out with the producers. She had like 3 speaking parts this season and they were brief and meaningless.

Everything seems rushed/forced. Pirate King guy vs Jaime? WTF was that?

The Arya/Horse scene at the end was groan-worthy. All of these characters that deserved more lines and they waste time with her staring at a horse.

Season 8 has been a mess and disappointment.