Destiny

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Destiny

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Good luck on heart of praxic fire. I tried to get that when I was playing, it was never for sale from Xur (pretty sure it was literally the only chest armor that he never sold), never got it as a drop.
Xur did sell it. And I told you that. Read earlier posts.
Winnow wrote:Found the above guide for easy Ultra hunting. It works (the boss reset thing) but you have to be pretty fast to orbit after killing boss if it doesn't drop exotic. This is really fast Ultra hunting if using 3 coins. Can do it on easy mode (level 12 I think)
This isn't as effective as it was 3 days ago. Check the patch notes. And weren't you complaining about that and calling it an "exploit" omg!
Winnow wrote:Can you use 3 coins even when Xur isn't out (if you've already bought them?) If so I may do other things to get coins, load up on coins at end of Weekend and then farm Exotics during the week.
You can use them whenever you wish.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Found the above guide for easy Ultra hunting. It works (the boss reset thing) but you have to be pretty fast to orbit after killing boss if it doesn't drop exotic. This is really fast Ultra hunting if using 3 coins. Can do it on easy mode (level 12 I think)
This isn't as effective as it was 3 days ago. Check the patch notes. And weren't you complaining about that and calling it an "exploit" omg!
Well you said yourself it's not as effective plus they've probably nerfed drops by now! Us non exploiters have to take what we can get! I have 10 more 3 coins. Will see if I get another Exotic out of those.

I've been doing OK in most raids/etc but my second time through Prison of Elders I feel like I was dead weight. May hold off on that on until I can contribute more. Lame loots anyway both times and no key.

edit: I must have turned in 100 blue engrams with "chance" to be legendary and not one has been. What are the odds for legendary out of a blue? Less than 1%?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's the results of my 3 of Coins test.

All at the Gay Lord of the Walking Ruins

first 5 coins: The Last Word 290 Hand Cannon
Second 5 coins: Nothing
third 5 coins: Hawkmoon 290 Hand Cannon and Young Ahamkara's Spine 290 Gauntlets for Hunter Class

So three Exotics in 15 tries. Nothing I can really use. Not going to re-level up another Hawkmoon for extra 10 attack. Not going to use The Last Word Hand Cannon and I'm not a Hunter so can't use the Gauntlets.

I thought the braniacs that make this game were going to focus on being aware of what you already have and not give the same thing. At least I got three exotic shards out of it. Weeeee

On another note, out of the blue something showed up at my mail box to turn into the Gunsmith and it leveled me. I placed an order for whatever Auto-Rifle was available.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Interesting. I read a lengthy thread on 3 of Coins drops and many get them on their last coin. I got Exotics on my last coin the first time. I then had 10 of them , didn't get anything first 5 then 1 on 7th coin and one on final 10th coin in my inventory. Maybe system smart enough to take note of coin hogs. I'll buy 5 at a time.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So im a day one xbone player. Been waiting for the ps4 exclusives term to end, and ttk day one, I got hawkmoon from the cryptarch green engram. I was so happy. We did the story together, slayed oryx with a flying head shot and times were good. I loved the ping of aces and litc procing.

Then I started doing harder stuff and year one wasn't cutting it. But used it still for patrols.

Then three of coins and drakis came. I stocked up and went hunting. A lot of suicide bombings but eventually he coughed up 3 glove and a primary engram.

Got last word and 3 impossible machines. I'd already bought the impossibles from xur. I had one left and I rolled the dice. Hawkmoon. Estatic. So I bought two more for shard and glimmer from the blueprint for my titan and warlock. Happy times.

And things started getting bad between us. The drakis farming yielded 2 exotic primaries one after the other. Surprised to see the first was another hawkmoon. Bit shocked to get another. But I infused them into other weapons so what do you do.

The thing is, I had a few more 3ofC left but held of on using them.

Night fall - hawkmoon

Getting annoyed now.

Did a weekly, got a legendary primary engram and an exotic from sabre.

Decoded the exotic and nearly threw the controller at the wall. But at least i still had my legendary. It turned gold

Another bloody hawkmoon.

So Friday rolls around and I go to xur.

Hawkmoon.

Can I get a restraining order or something ?
I feel your pain man, I also am cursed with hawkmoon. I have 5 of them. From what I've heard, the reason we are getting so many duplicate exotics is because there is a pool of exotics you can get from engrams per week. Since there are so many quest specific exotics now they apparently have all the others in a pool per week. At least that's what I heard but it would make sense as to why you and I have so many hawkmoons. It's quite annoying though and frustrating.
Lol Im a playstation player and have had like 17ish from drops and nightfalls. Trust me, it will get a lot worse...
I've gotten 4 hawkmoon and I'm annoyed. I have no year two guns besides hawkmoon -_-
bought hawkmoon from zur. then did 3 of coins. got two primary weapon engrams. both hawkmoon
The thread I got those from is a mile long with similar examples.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... l_you_can/

aaaaaand there goes the fun out of this game yet again. Absolute morons behind this game. Reading the thread, people who are getting other drops are getting multiples of the same exotic as well. I think the dimwits did the exact opposite of what they were supposed to do and increased the chances of getting the same item you already have.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Omg, you two are perfect for each other.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You people sure complain a lot.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Not going to re-level up another Hawkmoon for extra 10 attack.
That was a mistake, by the way. With how easy it is to level up the perks, especially with how common motes are, it wouldn't have taken that long. And if no motes all you had to do was keep it in you inventory and, assuming you do daily bounties, before you turn them in switch out the two so it cost you nothing other than a bit of time. Since your light level is made up of the attack and defense ratings you'd going to want to go with the highest you can find.

While it doesn't really matter in PvP (until Iron Banner rolls around) it's something to keep in mind for PvE.
Winnow wrote:On another note, out of the blue something showed up at my mail box to turn into the Gunsmith and it leveled me. I placed an order for whatever Auto-Rifle was available.
All that crying for nothing. I ordered all 5, and 2 extra so hey 6 free legendary marks I guess, but I think I'll like the scout rifle the most. I already have one but it's lower attack and I don't feel like infusing. The one I have feels a lot like the Exotic Scout (for Warlock) you get from the gunsmith quest which makes sense as they are both from Omolon. Hoping it comes with some good perk choices.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Not going to re-level up another Hawkmoon for extra 10 attack.
That was a mistake, by the way. With how easy it is to level up the perks, especially with how common motes are, it wouldn't have taken that long.
I only made a shard out of the hunter gauntlet thingies. I put the extra Hawkmoon and the Last Word hand cannon into my warehouse.
Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:On another note, out of the blue something showed up at my mail box to turn into the Gunsmith and it leveled me. I placed an order for whatever Auto-Rifle was available.
All that crying for nothing. I ordered all 5, and 2 extra so hey 6 free legendary marks I guess, but I think I'll like the scout rifle the most. I already have one but it's lower attack and I don't feel like infusing. The one I have feels a lot like the Exotic Scout (for Warlock) you get from the gunsmith quest which makes sense as they are both from Omolon. Hoping it comes with some good perk choices.
It took me awhile to find a place that had the stats for the Gunsmith's weapons.

I already have this Legendary Scout Rifle:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/xB5FmA3s1R8/maxresdefault.jpg

Although it's 245 Attack not 331. I also have a decent Legendary Pulse rifle so I decided to go with the Gunsmith's auto rifle to try out a new weapon type.

I'm holding my own in PvP now. I've have the resurrection skill for awhile and that's helped but mostly I'm the king of Post Mortem kills. I was in first place on my team for half a match so things are a little better. They'll be a little more better after I get my two grenade skill soon.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

This may not have been mentioned yet but Motes of Light can now be consumed directly from the inventory for a boost of equipment experience.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:This may not have been mentioned yet but Motes of Light can now be consumed directly from the inventory for a boost of equipment experience.
Wish they also helped with class skills.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Someone discovered a possible 15 minute nerf timer on 3 of Coins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... e_results/

If that's the case, need to spread out farming, making it more of a pain. Kind of big hassle since you get dups anyway. Destiny, the no fun allowed game!

His results were a drop every 4.8 coins. I had 3 drops in 15 coins so seems to match up with these findings. Wondering if it's account times per coins used. Very low percent chance until 5th coin used or something like that.

I didn't know Xur poofed at 5am EST on Sunday so won't have coins to farm for (probably more Hawkmoon dups) exotics. Will try some more next weekend if I still feel like playing the game. I doubt it. You can only equip one slot with exotic and one exotic weapon. This cuts down even more on the desire to get exotics...Praxis chest is the only exotic you really need. It's almost unanimously considered the best exotic piece for Walock/Sunsinger and you can only equip one exotic.

Some really poor design/game flow choices in Destiny. Flaws everywhere.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You sure complain a lot. It would be overpowered if you could equip all exotics.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Each time you kill an Ultra, there is a chance to drop an Engram, and the chance decreases depending on rarity (i.e. the chance to drop Legendary is lower than the chance to drop Rare, with an extremely small chance to drop Exotic). 3 of Coins gives you a buff that increases the chance for an Exotic drop from the next Ultra you kill. It's unclear exactly how this buff works; it may be additive (e.g. +5% to existing drop rate) or a multiplier (e.g. 1.5x existing drop rate).

If you kill an Ultra with 3oC active but an Exotic does not drop, the buff stacks in the background, increasing the buff for the next 3oC you use. It is also unclear whether the buffs stack perfectly (e.g. +5% +5%..., x1.5 x1.5...) or not (e.g. +5% +4%..., x1.5 x1.4...) but the more it stacks the higher your odds of the next Ultra dropping an Exotic1 .

If you burn 3oCs and kill Ultras in rapid succession (e.g. cheesing raids by returning to orbit), this originally increased your background stack dramatically and allowed people to farm in some cases dozens of Exotics within a few hours of gameplay. Thus Bungie introduced a brief cooldown which nerfs the 3oC effect for an unspecified period of time after each Ultra kill. According to Bungie, players running strikes as normal will not see any difference in 3oC behavior, but the buff is smaller than normal (though still present) if Ultras are killed in rapid succession.
Above is from another thread about the 3 of Coins.
Aslanna wrote:You sure complain a lot. It would be overpowered if you could equip all exotics.
Not if everyone can do it. Every other game doesn't restrict the highest level items. Other games are balanced based on equipping full top gear...you know, making it fun to get more than one piece. It's just yet another crappy design choice. The whole non weapon exotic thing becomes suckage since you have to use lower level equipment and it boils down to one exotic per class that people want. Sure you might swap one piece for a raid vs PvE etc...whoopee! Reminds me of all the people in Aion that would continually kill themselves to stay at level 50 because the higher levels sucked compared to the level 50 restricted raids. With Destiny you have to try and get the best of the next worst level of armor below Exotic.

The wait times in orbit are insane as are the forced delay timers to launch, etc. I don't know why they do it. It's not like there's a monthly subscription fee so they need to keep you playing a long time. Get rid of the unnecessary delay timers and loading screens. The stupid space ships you get are cosmetic, serving no other purpose. That's no excuse to force double loading screens to see them. One button on the controller to bring up the selection screen for planets/raids/etc is all that's needed to save assloads of time for every player.

Going to try and keep this in my game rotation at least until Fallout 4.

I also made the mistake of getting this game one the PS4. My thumbs are killing me! Clawhandidis. In an Xbox One vs PS4 PvP match of top players, I'm guessing Xbox One would wipe the floor with them due to the superior FPS controller. Maybe I'll just set my end date for Destiny game time to when my PS4 joysticks rot off due to the poor quality materials used at launch.

There are bits of the game that are fun. Shame the current team of developers would fail even if they had 1 billion dollars to play with. Send the competent (non story/game flow) people over to Rockstar Games so they can implement the nice weapons/mechanics into a quality all around game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:The whole non weapon exotic thing becomes suckage since you have to use lower level equipment and it boils down to one exotic per class that people want.
What are you even talking about? Exotics are, for the most part, 280/290. You can get legendary and blues that are higher than that. Obviously you're just complaining to complain because you have no idea how the game works. You can have a legendary that's just as good, or even better, than an exotic item. So quit your bitching.
Winnow wrote:The wait times in orbit are insane as are the forced delay timers to launch, etc. I don't know why they do it. It's not like there's a monthly subscription fee so they need to keep you playing a long time.
It's called loading a new zone into memory. Again, mess with your inventory during that time period. I seldom even notice a "wait time". The only 'extra' time is the going to orbit screen which takes 10-15 seconds at most. Even if you could bypass that and travel directly to places you'd still have the requirement of loading shit you'd just get there 10 seconds faster.. Oooo dealbreaker!

It really sounds like you should just move on to another game already since you're not able to find more fun in the game than you are able to find things to whine about.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:The whole non weapon exotic thing becomes suckage since you have to use lower level equipment and it boils down to one exotic per class that people want.
What are you even talking about? Exotics are, for the most part, 280/290. You can get legendary and blues that are higher than that. Obviously you're just complaining to complain because you have no idea how the game works. You can have a legendary that's just as good, or even better, than an exotic item. So quit your bitching.
If the legendary weapons/armor are just as good as the Exotics...why not just make them exotics and then there's no "only one exotic" restriction. People can equip what they want that way.

I bitch because this game has a trillion dollar budget, tons of feedback from players and they still make bad design/game flow choices.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

OK well you keep on being a Negative Nancy over there. I will go back to enjoying the game and not complaining about stupid shit.
If the legendary weapons/armor are just as good as the Exotics...why not just make them exotics and then there's no "only one exotic" restriction. People can equip what they want that way.
Because that's not how the game works. ALL of the raid weapons, and armor for that matter, from Crota were Legendaries. Well with the exception of the Necrochasm which I was never able to finish crafting as Crota never dropped the piece I needed even after killing him 30 times. Vault of Glass was the same way with the exception of the Vex Mythoclast. Everything else was Legendary. Regardless, If you think an item being "Exotic" bestows upon it some magical status you're wrong.

If you don't like how the game is designed then stop playing I guess. But be sure to keep complaining about it even after you stop playing it like certain other people here. Damn ex-Destiny players are like ex-smokers.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well, for one it's the only game you fuckers are talking about, so why not. For two, it bothers me because the game had a lot of potential (and still does), but just fell way short (and continues to) of what I expected.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

How do you know? You haven't even played any Year 2!

It's the only game I'm playing so I can't talk about anything else. Sorry!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

This weekend, friends and I were doing the Regicide mission where you have 2 ultras on the room. Had 3 of coins on and we killed the Cabal guy. Exotic. Popped another 3 of Coins and we killed the Ogre. Exotic #2!

They both ended up being a chest piece (Both the warrior edition of Crest of Alpha Lupi) with a different set of abilities.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Well, Winnow has supposedly been doing Raids, but I have a feeling he has just been doing Strikes.....or just regular missions with a Fireteam.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah good thing he wasn't playing Year 1 and got a Fatebringer or a Vision of Confluence in Vault of Glass. He'd be all like, "Legendary weapons? This raid sucks! Where are all the exotics? Fucking design fail, Bungie."

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, he totally wouldn't have had legitimate reason to complain about design issues with the year one raid. I mean, it's not like they made this highly social aspect of the game as anti-social by design as possible. It's not like the raid was riddled with bugs. It's not like the loot system was a fucking joke. It's not like there weren't several really easy ways to bug the end boss fight and require a wipe and restart well into the release of the encounter. It's not like dealing with incompetency wasn't bad enough and they decided to completely randomize the people that went into the portals instead of allowing you to control the people that went in so the competent players could do the harder/more important bit. It's not like a gun that came out of that raid was the weapon with the most balancing issues for a good chunk of time after it was first dropped.

I mean, cause if any of that shit was true, he totally would have been justified in complaining about the content. But as it stands yeah, he should totally stfu and be happy Bungie drew a smiley face on their collective cock with a strawberry scented marker before they jammed it down their customer's throat for another year.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oooo.. Salty!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Another screwed up thing about the leveling thing is the Str/Int/Dis system. I reached 300 Dis on my character quite awhile back and ever since have been stuck with the same gear. I can't swap out any piece for a higher light armor int/dis or dis/str item because it would knock an entire 10 seconds off my grenade cool down so it's never worth it. This makes upgrading your armor fucked up like most leveling things in Destiny. I thought about getting the Exotic Helm last weekend but with Str/Int as the attributes, I can't afford to lost 67 Dis or whatever as it's just not worth losing the refresh time on grenades.

So...I'm stuck with the same fucking pieces of armor probably for quite awhile longer until I get almost an entire set of dual attribute gear that would keep my 300 rating in Dis...pretty much ruining more fun in the slow advancement area of the game as I have to do nothing until many pieces of armor are gathered. You may say, "well you can do that at light 2xx easy, well I'm not Light 2xx...It's been like that from around light 180 to 221 so far. Stuck. I leave better light armor in inventory or dismantle it because by the time I have enough light to use multi attribute armor it will be outdated with high rated armor. Just yet another example of crappy game design in a long list of examples.

Also, why the hell do they show level and not Light level over player heads? Level 40 means jack shit. EVERYONE is level 40. It's useless to show it. Displaying light level would actually mean something when you saw it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:Also, why the hell do they show level and not Light level over player heads? Level 40 means jack shit. EVERYONE is level 40. It's useless to show it. Displaying light level would actually mean something when you saw it.
Man, that's a pretty major change. They'll probably have that ironed out for the third game. Maybe.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wow. Cry about more useless shit that you read about over on Reddit.

Seriously. Just quit playing the fucking game already. It is obviously not for you. But thanks for giving them your $60!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Wow. Cry about more useless shit that you read about over on Reddit.

Seriously. Just quit playing the fucking game already. It is obviously not for you. But thanks for giving them your $60!

Seriously, everyone is 40 or is 40 within a few days. They shouldn't even show level.Dumb!

Almost have my second grenade! Only doing a few bounties and the legendary coin thingies so it will go slow. Leveling up the Last Word pistol when I turn in bounties since I have no other weapon to level.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

We beat the Oryx raid tonight after a couple wipes. All I got was 2 crappy legendary weapons (Doom of Chelchis scout rifle and Smite of Merain pulse rifle) and a helmet though. No exotics wtf! Thanks Bungie. I also got the Telesto (exotic fusion rifle) and Hereafter (exotic sniper with a cool sound!) from exotic engrams so all in all it was a good day.

Tip for the exotic engrams.. If you think you'll be raiding and going over 300 light you may want to save the exotic engrams since if you are 300+ there is a greater chance that they will decrypt to 310 when you turn them in.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

hah, love the sniper rifle
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

sent the link to a friend just to find out that a clan member got that Hereafter drop last night! damn, I'm spending too much time in FIFA16 right now!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oryx down again. We're not as speedy as others but still managed to finish the whole raid in about three hours. Farm mode!

Overall I think they did a good job on it but a few complaints: Too much jumping/platforming stuff. Not a fan. And the first two events, three if you count the disappearing Hive ship jumping part (which I don't really but it seems to take longer to get everyone across there than it does to kill Oryx), don't have any drops other than a chest with materials. And also I hate raid mechanics with a fail timer built into them. I hated it in EQ and I hate it here. So a group doesn't quite have enough DPS so let them go another round instead of the cheap 'Enrage" mechanic where everyone dies. If you're coordinated and make no mistakes on an encounter you shouldn't fail just because you didn't have quite enough damage being done.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Maxed Sunsunger and don't have any new guns to level up. Just wasting time now since nothing levels up until I get new guns or armor or something. Don't really want to level up another subclass or class until I get first class to at least 280. Seems another poor design part of Destiny. I do the subclass swap before cashing in bounties.

Got 150 motes because no weapons or armor to spend them on.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

You can always use your motes to trade in for faction with either Dead Orbit, Future War Cult or New Monarchy.

Then spend some time in the Vanguard Strikes or the Crucible to earn some legendary marks to be able to buy some gear that will get you closer to 280.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I don't get Winnow's understanding of how the gear works. wtf can't you upgrade your gear? Do you realize that your light level will stay the same if you're in a different "spec?"

I managed to do some dreadnaught patrolling last night for probably only the second time ever. I ended up with upgrades in almost every slot, and bumped my level up to 263 on my Titan.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:You can always use your motes to trade in for faction with either Dead Orbit, Future War Cult or New Monarchy.

Then spend some time in the Vanguard Strikes or the Crucible to earn some legendary marks to be able to buy some gear that will get you closer to 280.
I've been picking up the completable (for me) bounties and doing the two legendary PvP matches. I've hesitated to do the 240 level Legendary heroic quest even though it lets me because I don't want to be a burden at 225 but should be able to do that one soon. Planned to join it at 230 light. Eventually can do the 260.

Problem is i've been stuck at just over 300 dis and any armor I switch drops me below max which drops my grenade refresh time so I have to wait for pure disciplin armor which doesnt seem to drop often at 230+ light...it's all hybrid stuff. I've been eyeing a chest armor I can buy at one of the faction vendors at level 2 or 3 so eventually I can get that 280 item to boost my light. I don't like buying armor that is marginally better and wasting legendary coin thingies.

Today I'll get a legendary Auto Rifle from the Gunman guy that I can level up.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:I don't get Winnow's understanding of how the gear works.
That's OK neither does he. From all I can tell is he is looking for things to constantly complain about. I'm not saying that the game is perfect or anything (I still think it's a solid 8/10 though) but for someone who seems to hate playing it as much as he does, at least based on the posts here, you'd think they'd go find something else to do with their time. It's getting close to the point where it's just pure trolling now.

Keeping your light level moving to 280+ is fairly easy. There is no poor design about it just either poor playing or poor understanding of how the game works as they've only been playing it 2-3 weeks.
Winnow wrote:Got 150 motes because no weapons or armor to spend them on.
Why must you spend them? You can always hold on to them. I'm not sure why you think you need to be "leveling" items or armor all the time. I'm over 600 motes saved big deal. But when I do get a new items I can pop ~20 of them and it's instantly maxed out as far as perks go. Compare this to before when the only way to get experience to equipment was by turning in bounties or killing shit. While even then it didn't take a long time they did change it to the players benefit. So to your (flawed) point:
Winnow wrote:I bitch because this game has a trillion dollar budget, tons of feedback from players and they still make bad design/game flow choices.
They have made many (MANY!) changes based on feedback from players. I don't know how you can say they haven't when you've apparently only been playing it for two weeks. Just a couple examples: Vault space was pitifully small, bounties you could only carry 6 (I could be wrong there but it was much less then now) and you couldn't turn them in from anywhere, and the cryptarch actually doesn't give you green items for blue engrams and they also bumped the frequency of getting a legendary item from a blue engram. I don't understand how you're not swimming in legendary items. Use your motes on those until all bubbbles but the last one are filled, then break the item down for 5 marks (You only get 3 marks for a legendary that had no experience put into it).

At this point I'm not even sure why I'm trying to help you out here since it will obviously be falling on deaf ears. Play the game or don't play the game it makes no difference to me. While legitimate complaints are fine you're just starting to look like a trolling whiner. I don't think any of your past 15 posts hasn't not had a complaint in it.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:
Animalor wrote:You can always use your motes to trade in for faction with either Dead Orbit, Future War Cult or New Monarchy.

I've been picking up the completable (for me) bounties and doing the two legendary PvP matches. I've hesitated to do the 240 level Legendary heroic quest even though it lets me because I don't want to be a burden at 225 but should be able to do that one soon. Planned to join it at 230 light. Eventually can do the 260.

Problem is i've been stuck at just over 300 dis and any armor I switch drops me below max which drops my grenade refresh time so I have to wait for pure disciplin armor which doesnt seem to drop often at 230+ light...it's all hybrid stuff. I've been eyeing a chest armor I can buy at one of the faction vendors at level 2 or 3 so eventually I can get that 280 item to boost my light. I don't like buying armor that is marginally better and wasting legendary coin thingies.

Today I'll get a legendary Auto Rifle from the Gunman guy that I can level up.
You want nothing less than purples in your slots. Aim for finding purples that you like. Once you have those, infusion will carry your light level up to the 285-290 fairly easily. Of you get a 20-30 bump on light on a specific piece, use that instead of the one with the stats you prefer. High light > anything else on armor pieces.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:
You want nothing less than purples in your slots. Aim for finding purples that you like. Once you have those, infusion will carry your light level up to the 285-290 fairly easily. Of you get a 20-30 bump on light on a specific piece, use that instead of the one with the stats you prefer. High light > anything else on armor pieces.
I suppose that's the problem. I don't have a single piece of purple armor. I've had a few "arm bands" drop but they are std/int.

Aslanna says it's easy to raise armor. Sure it is, if you don't care about the int/str/dis stats. I kind of like my 24 sec timer on my grenades. Losing ten seconds on that is significant in PvP.

I'm probably just at a bad spot or was able to get my Dis to 300 earlier than I should have and then got stuck not being able to upgrade anything else without losing the max benefit from it.

I will attempt to go one day without complaining (hard to do when using a PS4 controller!) starting tomorrow. (ok start 24 hour timer now)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

At 280 + do most people eventually have 2 of the three attributes maxed? (Str/Int/Dis) I seem to be 300 Dis and zero in both other stats.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If you don't like your Armsday weapon perks, you can hold the order until the following week, perks will change.
Seems like a useful tip from Reddit. Will see how they look later today.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:You want nothing less than purples in your slots. Aim for finding purples that you like. Once you have those, infusion will carry your light level up to the 285-290 fairly easily.
I'm not sure I quite agree with that. Purple isn't really an indicator anymore like it used to be. For example I am raiding and still rocking 299 blue legs. While I COULD infuse them into some purple legs you don't get a straight translation as it's something like only 80% of the difference so I'd then end up with an item less than 299. Light is king at all costs! At least for PVE. It's not really important in PVP other than Iron Banner which wont be around for awhile.
Winnow wrote:I suppose that's the problem. I don't have a single piece of purple armor. I've had a few "arm bands" drop but they are std/int.
Based on how the cryptarch works now, generally speaking, the items you decrypt are based on your current light level. So you want your light as high as possible when turning in engrams so that the item you get is better than an item you have. That doesn't mean it will work like that every time and it frequently doesn't. But overall you should be making gains.

Just a reminder on legendary marks, you can only save 200 at a time. So if you're getting close to that you may want to buy something. If your Vanguard faction isn't high enough go out and grind some patrols for a day or two. Also make sure you are allied with one of the three factions (Dead Orbit, New Monarchy or Future War Cult) as you'll get a package from them as well every time you rank up. If you've been PVPing a lot you might be closer to getting your Crucible rank to level 3 so maybe go that route instead of focusing on Vanguard. Whether Vanguard or Crucible you should definitely ally with one of the other three factions though.
Winnow wrote:Aslanna says it's easy to raise armor. Sure it is, if you don't care about the int/str/dis stats. I kind of like my 24 sec timer on my grenades. Losing ten seconds on that is significant in PvP.
You have 10 armor slots. Keep a 'PVP item' for each slot and then just swap it in when PVPing. If you use something like Destiny Item Manager or Tower Ghost you can actually create different loadouts. I haven't done that myself as I've been too lazy. That and my items keep frequently changing so it would be a waste of time at this point.
Winnow wrote:At 280 + do most people eventually have 2 of the three attributes maxed? (Str/Int/Dis) I seem to be 300 Dis and zero in both other stats.
I honestly couldn't tell you what my stats are other than light level (305!). I don't care about PVP and being able to throw a grenade 10 seconds earlier generally doesn't mean the difference between a wipe or not on a raid. Popular consensus seems to be that each light level is 1%. So for example if the recommended light for a strike is 240, if you're 225 you're doing 15% less damage to enemies as well as taking 15% more damage when hit.
Winnow wrote:
If you don't like your Armsday weapon perks, you can hold the order until the following week, perks will change.
Seems like a useful tip from Reddit. Will see how they look later today.
Dear god, no. I need to get these out of my inventory if even for a few days!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:I suppose that's the problem. I don't have a single piece of purple armor. I've had a few "arm bands" drop but they are std/int.
Based on how the cryptarch works now, generally speaking, the items you decrypt are based on your current light level. So you want your light as high as possible when turning in engrams so that the item you get is better than an item you have. That doesn't mean it will work like that every time and it frequently doesn't. But overall you should be making gains.
Ah! Now that I can work with. I'll start saving my highest light level armor for each slot even if I don't want to use it and then equip it before turning in my engrams.

I'm only at 145 Legendary thingies so far but will probably be getting at least one purple from one of the faction vendors so that will take out 75.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Results may vary with the cryptarch too. At ~290 light, I'll get mostly stull in the 265-285 range with the odd blue piece shooting up to 290+. Those have 1 purpose in life. Infusing purples.

If I'm not mistaken, a 280 purple will give you more light than a 290 blue
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Results may vary with the cryptarch too. At ~290 light, I'll get mostly stull in the 265-285 range with the odd blue piece shooting up to 290+. Those have 1 purpose in life. Infusing purples.

If I'm not mistaken, a 280 purple will give you more light than a 290 blue
290 is 290 as far as I know. I'm not sure if legendary items give more weight to the average (or whatever.. I'm no statistician!) but maybe they do. All I know is when I equip my 299 blue arms over my 284 purples my light level goes up. So that's what I'm using. More is better!

And yes, at 300 I still get lots of ~270 items. But overall you should be gaining higher level items on a regular basis. If you're 225 your chance of getting a 270 item is probably pretty low.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

While lightning hands are fun (specially in Mayhem!) I'm going to have to try this as I have both the Tlaloc and the Raiments (although they are the solar based ones).
So I've heard a few people saying that the Warlock exotic 'Alchemist Raiment' is useless. I am here to prove those people wrong.

Exotic perk: Iron to Gold - Chance to gain Glimmer on Primary Ammo pickup. Orbs collected when your Super is full recharge your grenades and melee.

But /u/PlatypusFez, with orb regeneration nerfed, we need to be making the most of our orbs!!

Well let me tell you how you are going to do just that. The perk 'Transcendence' for the Warlock Stormcaller is a very useful perk, I have found.

Transcendence: When cast with full grenade and melee energy, Stormtrance restores your health to full and drains slower.

Now, the only issue with this perk is having to wait for my melee and grenade cooldown in order to get the most out of my super. Then along came Alchemist's Raiment, and I worried no more. Because guess what? One orb will fully recharge your melee and grenade! That's right! Combined with transcendence, this is a great build.

But wait, there's more!

Some of you may have heard of the 'No super' build for the Warlock Stormcaller. I am here to tell you how this will work.

You will need:

A warlock stormcaller

Tlaloc, the warlock exotic scout rifle

And finally, Alchemist's Raiment

Now this is how to spec your subclass:

Use any grenade you wish

Spec anything for your jump and Stormtrance

Spec 'Rising Storm' for Thunderstrike (Hits with Thunderstrike charge your Super, Grenade and Melee energy)

Choose 'Feedback' (Incoming melee attacks fully recharge and intensify your Thunderstrike) for column one

Choose 'Perpetual Charge' (Grenade kills recharge your melee. Melee kills recharge your grenade.) for column 2. Feel free to choose 'Arc web' (Enemies damaged by your grenades chain deadly lightning to nearby enemies.) if you have an artifact that generates orbs on arc grenade kills.

Equip Tlaloc and Alchemist's Raiment

Now what does this all mean. Basically, your grenade hits recharge your melee, and your melee hits recharge your grenade. If you get hit by a melee attack, your melee will become instantly charged. Hitting and enemy with thunderstrike will charge your abilities even more! (this stacks with Perpetual Charge). If you chose arc web, each kill from the chained lightning will charge your melee. Also, if you have the artifact for more orbs from grenade kills, the floor will be covered with them.

Now, for the icing on the cake Tlaloc, for those who don't know, has an exotic perk that makes is so that, when your super is charged, you have better handling, rate of fire and stability. This turns the weapon into an absolute beast. Also, it had grenadier built in, meaning even MOAR grenades. Add Alchemist's Raiment into the mix, and you have even MOAAAARRRR grenades. THIS IS AMAZING

Basically, you will have grenades and melee's pouring from every oriface. This may seem like a waste, as you aren't using your super, but trust me, you will have so many grenades and melee's it won't even matter.

TL;DR: Alchemist's Raiment is better than you think, especially if you use Transcendence or a no super build.
Grenades for days! Who needs 300 DIS?!

By the way, I equipped some 295 purple legs and then equipped some 295 blue legs and my light level was unchanged and even the little bar under the current level didn't move. So I do not believe purples get any higher weight than blues when it comes to the average.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've been playing the Mayhem PvP because it gives Legendary thingies right now.

Think I found the mode I'm good at. First place! All I did was hurl solar grenades every couple seconds and killed masses of people. I was a grenade hurling machine with the two grenade perk combined with the super fast refresh of Mayhem mode. Not really any skill involved but don't need it when there are solar flares everywhere. At worst I got post mortem kills. I just threw grenades at my feet along with a melee attack here and there.

Weeeee
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Mayhem is fun especially with lightning hands. I will probably play it this weekend to try and get one of the two trophies I am missing for a platinum in Destiny. One is Flawless Raider, which isn't that hard these days but with the new stuff out it might be awhile before people want to run a Crota raid again, and the other one where you have to kill a Hunter, Titan, and Warlock in PVP without dying. Not being any good in PVP that one has eluded me thus far. I'm lucky if I can get one kill before dying much less one of each class.

And yes you get 15 marks for a win (max of 3 wins). I'm sure you are already but yeah, make sure to do the daily crucible for 15 marks (win or lose) a day as well as the weekly PVP stuff for 45 more marks. And the daily story mission if it's an easy one. I think most of them are recommended 240 light so you might need some better gear first. Most missions can be done easily solo as you can usually cheese them in some fashion such as running backwards until the enemy no longer follows you and then just shoot them from cover.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hit level 2 with Gunsmith. I placed orders for Omolon Thesan FR4 Fusion Rifle and Omolon Eirene RR4 Sniper Rifle. Will be nice to have a 280 Sniper Rifle. Hope I get some good rolls. Good thing I can use glimmer on these. I was maxed at 25K.

Been swapping out my equipment before getting engrams. I'm at 240 Light in my normal equip, 251 with highest in each slot. Getting 255+ light now with engrams. Also using all my bounty XP on Stormcaller subclass but that's slow going.

Haven't been playing a lot but at least have 38 Strange Coins for the weekend. Will probably spend them all on 3 Coins for 25 chances at Exotic which probably will result in 5 exotics (hopefully not all Hawkmoons)

I think I finished the Taken main campaign. Beat that Onyx guy.

I really like the writes up people do on Armsday Gunsmith guns of the weeks. Super helpful in deciding:
[Show]
Here’s a quick guide on the weapons to get you a bit better informed on what you’re looking at with the weapons orders

SUROS ARI-45 - Auto
RoF: 77
Impact: 28
Range: 48
Stability: 44
Reload: 52
Magazine: 50

Back for the second week in a row, this bad boy is your slow firing heavy hitter. With a very impressive range stat and higher stability and a much larger mag than it's brother An Answering Chord. If you're a fan of auto rifles that hit hard and can do a lot of damage I highly recommend picking this bad boy up and seeing if we get a stability perk on it. With a 50 round mag and focused fire it might become your mini-jolder's hammer The magazine is actually closer to 26, DestinyDB is wrong for some reason, and the mag size on the gun in game doesn’t actually update on the stats screen when changed with perks. Look for focused fire with this one, because it could potentially become a mini SUROS Regime (This is recommended by /u/epzi10n)

SUROS DIS-47 - Scout
RoF: 52
Impact: 35
Range: 54
Stability: 50
Reload: 55
Magazine: 14

Lowest Rate Impact, Highest Rate of Fire Class Scout rifle, coming with stats that don’t stand out from the crowd other than stability. Your ideal rolls increase range or stability, and reload speed, and of course, full auto (This is recommended by /u/epzi10n)

Tesan FR4 - Fusion
Charge Rate: 18
Impact: 94
Range: 38
Stability: 81
Reload: 68
Magazine: 4

A Mid High impact fusion rifle boasting a charge rate that you don’t see often a lot of until you get down to medium impact rifles. This weapon comes highly recommended by /u/epiz10n and I can see why. Boasting the highest stability of all Legendary fusion rifles, a decent reload speed, rolled with rangefinder (aka increased projectile speed) this thing will hit your enemies like a truck.

Aoife Rua-D - Sniper
RoF: 26
Impact: 22
Range: 78
Stability: 34
Reoad: 68

Middle of the road sniper in your Broken Truth/Low Grade Humility range. Boasting a class high range and above average reload speed, this thing will knock you off your feet but not your enemies. Do you really want this? Maybe look for Luck in the Chamber, Hand Laid Stock, and Zen Moment. You can maybe hurt some bosses with it. I would pass on this one.

Eirene RR4 - Sniper
RoF: 19
Impact: 34
Range: 76
Stability: 44
Reload: 57

This little gem sits on top of the Her Benevolence/The Supremacy/1000-Yard Stare RoF class and poops on all of them with its 3 points higher worth of impact. Boasting more range than all others in that class, the only thing left to be desired is stability. Let’s be frank here. You’re going to try and take this into the crucible, all the while you’re going to be getting murdered by people still using Shadow of Veils. What I’m getting at is that this sniper rifle boasts an aim assist that rivals Praedyth’s Revenge, and if you ever took that into the crucible you probably know why Praedyth wanted revenge. This thing is going to be absolutely devastating on bosses so look for that FAUCON SS1 Scope and Luck in the Chamber combo, maybe with Oiled Frame for increased reload speed in exchange for range. (recommended by /u/epiz10n for PVE)

Priority this week:
Eirene
Tehran
SUROS DIS-47
SUROS ARI-45
Aoife Rua-D
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I think I finished the Taken main campaign. Beat that Onyx guy.
Oryx*

And yes that is pretty much the end of the main campaign although that will open up a bunch of other quests. Most of them are fairly easy and some will give 15-25 marks. You're probably high enough to do the Vanguard strikes now. Those are usually good sources of engrams.

I completed the raid twice tonight so that frees up my weekend pretty much to do other things like try for that trophy in PVP. The drops weren't that great but got a 304 Ghost shell, another 306 shotgun, another 308 pulse rifle and a 300 cloak for my Hunter. I got two of those cloaks actually. Need to figure out which one I want to delete. Than with my Titan I picked up a 306 chest item and a 303 heavy machine gun which feels really good the brief time I used it at least as far as stability goes. That puts me at 300+ on all three characters. Almost starting to feel like work! But now that's done I can take things easier. This Destiny expansion (or whatever it's called) honestly felt like an EQ expansion with how much time I spent grinding on it the first couple weeks of release. Having one of each class isn't doing me any favors either.

Oh, also got an exotic engram during the raid (thanks Three of Coins!) that turned into a 310 Alchemist's Raiment with the arc perk which is what I was wanting since the one I had was solar (and only 290). Will level that up and mess around with the 'No Super' build and see how I like it.

--