Destiny

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Destiny

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Tlalok Scout Rifle for Warlocks is awesome.
So awesome you use a letter on the other side of the keyboard to spell it. Tlaloc.
Winnow wrote:afk at the destination so your Super can charge while you go do something else for another 5 mins. Good times!
Or.. You know.. You could start doing shit once you get to your destination. Killing enemies builds your super. Some armor items even increase the rate gain. Shocking, I know, but true!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Another thing they should implement is optional matchmaking for the 1-3 Cooperative levels. Some are too hard for me to finish, others might be next to impossible on Venus (lame random pop cliffs thing). I'm stuck there and the game should allow a toggle to allow for matchmaking on these since they were designed for more than one person but don't include it by default.

Here's an example of the great thought Bungie put into this game from Reddit:
I spent around 875 legendary marks and 500+ strange coins on all the sparrows. FOR SCIENCE!

Ever since I saw the exotic sparrow S-99 Dawnchaser in the Armory I've been wanting to get it. The only problem was how do you get it? So when TTK was released different kiosks were introduced in the tower. So you could collect shaders, emblems, ships and sparrows. In additon there were a TON of quests added. This got me thinking that maybe these two were connected. What would happen if you collected all of the sparrows? Could you get a quest from Amanda in order to get the exotic sparrow? I had to find out, so I started buying every single sparrow Amanda was selling. Then there were the blue sparrows, which cost 175 legendary marks each! So I decided to save up my marks just so I could buy them. Not spending them on any weapons or armor (besides infusing). It took me about 5 weeks to get all of the blue sparrows. But I wasn't done there yet. I still had to buy all of the legendary engines from Xur in order to upgrade all of the blue sparrows. In total I needed 22 of them. Now remember, every engine costs 23 strange coins... (22*23=506 STRANGE COINS!). Before I started buying them from Xur I had around 400 of them, so yeah. RIP coins. So last week I finally managed to buy all the engines and upgrade all of my blue sparrows. http://imgur.com/a/C7lA5

Now that I had acquired all of the sparrows in the kiosk I was super excited to see if Amanda had the exotic sparrow waiting for me or maybe a quest that is connected to it.

Nothing.

There was absolutely NOTHING. NOT EVEN A 'THANKS GUARDIAN' FROM AMANDA?!?

So there I am sitting on my knees in front of her. 875 legendary marks and 506 strange coins poorer. All hope lost, my exotic sparrow fantasy vanished.

TL;DR Don't spend your legendary marks and strange coins on collecting all sparrows. You get NOTHING in return (besides a shiny kiosk with all sparrows unlocked so you can equip and dismantle them for nothing in return. Over and over and over...)
Space ships are flat out a waste of time but the star wars ripoff speeder clones at least have a travel use. There are tons of them with no real reason to get them with slightly different shading. Have a fucking purpose to it. There only needs to be 2 or three sparrows in the game. You can't really see the difference in looks.

I keep maxing 25000 glimmer with nothing to spend it on that actually helps. I'll buy a Gunsmith 2500 glimmer thing to dismantle for 3 legionaries...woopee! For that effort om rewarded with a wasted inventory slot for a week (amazingly poor design) Maybe a heavy ammo pack or two that I've yet to use. Everything else glimmer is stupid. Banners, Useless Space Ships, different colored sparrows. Shaders for armor are ok but you find one or two of those that are decent, That takes about an hour's worth of glimmer and then your back to maxing glimmer. 25000 glimmer is a hindrance so I can't ignore it. If I do, the crypto dude becomes a pain in the ass and requires extra button mashing to bypass the glimmer reward screen which you do many times while trying to optimize light level popping engrams.

I have 475 fucking wormspores. Introduce some sort of conversion for this crap. Maybe 10 of one type gets your 1 of another. I'd do it just to not step foot on the moon ever again for helium thingies.

Oct 27 Halo 5 (Xbox One exclusive)
Nov 10 Tomb Raider (Xbox One exclusive)
Nov 10 Fallout IV
Nov 17 Star Wars: Battlefront

After I get stuck at 299 Light and have Subclass maxed, won't be much to do until next expansion.

Really must be a bunch of design retards making this game. No amount of money helps that. They need to hire some quality people with that bundle of cash and stop making useless live action commercials.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Grats on another totally pointless post.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Oct 27 Halo 5 (Xbox One exclusive)
Nov 10 Tomb Raider (Xbox One exclusive)
Nov 10 Fallout IV
Nov 17 Star Wars: Battlefront
The above part is highly useful.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBumKaRwAgM

Wow now there's some pretty fucking useful information that's near impossible to even know exists much less set to public.

Hello. Put the option in the SETTINGS. Makes sense yes? Not to team Bungle I guess! This game sets the record for really bad game design decisions and omissions. Even setting it, you have to set it each time you log on? Wow. Wonder if they ever heard of persistent settings that you can set once and...they stay set until you decide to change them.

BTW, the lame PS4 controller cost me a life last night when it died on me. Sure would be nice to have a wireless controller in this day and age that lasted like a month instead of less than a day! Sure would!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have seen many suggestions for why the TTK quest marker never leaves the Tower when in orbit when you have no new quests to accept or turn in. I have tried everything out there, but nothing resolved the issue. Well my fellow guardians, I have found the solution, and it's... kinda shady. If satisfying your OCD is worth $2-$3 in support of corporate video game branding (I know it is for me), follow the steps below:

Buy a disgusting Redbull energy drink that is marked with Destiny branding.
Open the can and dump the vile "beverage" on something you hate. (a plant? a pet? a sibling?)
Recycle the can but save the tab. (Guardians don't have to always kill to help save this planet!)
Redeem the code on the back of the tab at redbullquest.com. (I don't recommend doing it from a mobile browser.)
Launch Destiny and fly to the tower.
Accept the new mission from Amanda Holiday in the hanger.
Go back to orbit and finally be at peace when the Tower is icon-free!

FREEDOM!!!
Flashing quest in Tower been bothering me a long time. Wow. Pay to remove irritating flashing. Nice! Seen lots of ways to make a buck. Adding irritation to the game and pay to remove it is pretty lame.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:BTW, the lame PS4 controller cost me a life last night when it died on me. Sure would be nice to have a wireless controller in this day and age that lasted like a month instead of less than a day!
Good thing it tells you that the battery is low like.. 30 minutes before it dies. Nobody to blame but yourself.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

aw, poor guy...do you need someone to spot you a few bucks to dump out a red bull?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Seriously, an advertisement shouldn't impact something inside the game. Optional quest should = optional irritating flashing thing. I use those flashing thingies, you know, to see where I have a quest or if I need to turn in a quest.

Doing a lot better in PvP. Getting around 1:1 kill ratio in non-mayhem matches. Feels good to pull my weight in these things since you really get screwed over as a new player with the retarded match making system that thinks all players are equal as long as damage is normalized, not taking into account all the abilities, weapon perks, better weapons, etc that more experienced players have. Complete morons thought this system up. That's like giving a first grader and a 12th grader a 12th grade test and saying it's fair because they both have the same pencils. Um, light level matters. That's why it's in the game. Doesn't matter if one bullet does the same damage for level 1 light 25 scrub and level 40, 310 light dude because light 310 dude can shoot 5 times as many of those bullets along with a fuckton of perks that boost their abilities in crucible. Take all perks away and abilities and you have a case. Since that doesn't make sense. Lock light level/weapons/armor before entering a match and base matched on light level.

Half a circle to complete Stormcaller and finally get Perpetual Charge to go along with all my other equipment and ability melee/grenade perks.

Can't remember the last time I shot someone in the crucible. I'm a melee/grenade machine. I have all of my armor/weapon perks geared toward recharging melee/grenades. Trying to balance 300 Disc/300 Str but need some more light levels to get str up there.

Feedback is one of the best abilities in the game. Incoming melee attack fully recharges Thunderstrike. Almost guarantees a melee win. And then Rising storm uses Thunderstrike to recharge melee/Super. Alchemist orb pick up recharges melee/grenades. Helmet recharges grenades. Gauntlets increase melee attack, Artifact generates orbs on precision kills to feed Alchmist perk, Fusion Rifle unassisted kills reduce melee/grenade cooldowns (use this until super full for Tlaloc) Tlalock kills reduce grenade cooldown.

Lots of synergy. Of course perpetual charge - melee kills charging grenades and grenade kills charging melee will be icing on the cake on top of all this other melee/grenade stuff.

I took the time to start using my sword as well after infusing it up to a higher level. In PvE, Tlaloc is awesome (I'm sure it is in PvP as well but I'm 99% melee/grenades in there)

Fun at times but also sucks after bounties done. I'm stuck on near impossible solo quests so can't advance and so do lame Patrol crap over and over and Crucible sometimes. Even farming exotics with 3oC is useless since once you get your exotics, no need for them since can only equip one exotic. They need to allow optional match making for solo players that don't feel like joining clans or wasting time searching for groups on websites. Shouldn't be that hard since they already have match making for some quests...then again Bungle has a monster list of shit to fix in this game so I won't hold my breath.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sure is a lot of whining going on in that post above mine...

I am not sure what you're talking about in regards to the Red Bull stuff. I don't see any advertising. But if it really bothers you... There are code generators out there. It might take a few tries to get a valid code but at least as of just before TTK came out it was still working.

I've done the hard mode raid and so far have beaten everything but Oryx. That's a bit difficult at the moment but we made some progress. Apparently some people have beat the whole thing in an hour but I don't think most groups going in will be able to pull that off at least for awhile.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Regarding orbs. Can you pick up your own orbs? I have a perk that generates orbs on precision hits but if I can't see or pick up my own orbs, probably need to swap that out. I thought it would be useful with Alchemist chest that recharges melee/grenades on orb pick-up.

It's useful in Crucible for team mates but otherwise as solo player it has limited uses in the few matchmaking events.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

You can pick up your own. I use that in a building on Venus with practically instant respawn often for bounties.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:You can pick up your own. I use that in a building on Venus with practically instant respawn often for bounties.
Nice. Maybe I don't notice mine as much because the Alchemist chest picks up orbs even if super is full so I probably scoop them up without noticing.

I think I know the building you're talking about. Does one of those big eye mobs spawn there as well?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I am fairly sure that any orbs you generate do not appear for you. Therefore you can not pick them up. I'm not sure what Boogahz is smoking!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Got the Redbull site to accept a random code after three attempts. Hopefully the extremely annoying flashing will go away tomorrow (another time waster for paid sponsor)

Got the Crypto, Tiger and Engram masks. Only want the Xur mask. 1/4 bubble from maxing Stormcaller.

Will have to see if another half billion budget game forces you to buy sponsored marketing items to get rid of annoying things in a game. Can't remember any other half trillion budget non F2P game forcing this on their gaming population.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

damn it, I knew I should've warned you that I bought one of those cans last night just to send you the code. Anyone else need the code? I'll won't be opening it for a few hours though. :P
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:damn it, I knew I should've warned you that I bought one of those cans last night just to send you the code. Anyone else need the code? I'll won't be opening it for a few hours though. :P

The random code worked. No more flashing tower!

Finally completed my Stormcaller abilities. Ability XP goes so slow when bounties run out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have nothing to complain about yet today.

Going to pick up the Dis-43 Scout Rifle with Full Auto later tonight from Gunsmith. Should work great while I wait for my Super to fill up.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Halo 5 didn't seem to have any affect on Destiny at least if my friends list is anything to go by. Still all the same people on playing Destiny. And most of them also have an XBO for some odd reason. I don't see that changing much with Tomb Raider and Fallout 4. SW:Battlefront may sway some people away for a bit though I'd imagine.

Don't forget to do the Halloween events. Before you get your raisins (raisins!) from Eris cancel and talk to her a few times. You might have to move away after the second one and come back. She has a few funny things to say in her own special way. I think she also says random Halloween lines if you just stand by her.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I was playing some Destiny while I had the Boss Ross Joy of Painting marathon on the other screen:

http://kotaku.com/37-000-people-are-wat ... 1739514094

I realized that any of Boss Ross' 30 minute oil paintings are better than a Destiny background!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Xur has the Supercell today. It's a decent weapon and I believe it's the only new primary with elemental damage (arc). So it's good to have even if for Nightfalls with arc burn.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What's going on with the Crypto guy and Engrams? Ever since I hit 290+ I rarely get anything over 290, in fact most of it is crap 260-285 stuff. And I don't mean just a few engrams. I've turned in tons of them.

Can't even use that crap to infuse.

Also, need 8 more coins for the supercell weapon and got ZERO of them after doing all the bounties and even a POE run last night.

Guess they're trying to stretch it out now that the expansion excitement is over. Pretty lame.

Game is ok while advancing. Not much fun at all if stagnant. Yet another thing that should be obvious to the developers that isn't. Someone needs to poach the tech team (not the graphics people) for another game. Come on Microsoft spend some of that RECORD SETTING revenue you made last quarter. Bungie is not a complete package and unable to function as a game design team on its own.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

blahblahblah

Shouldn't have blown all your coins!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Played a lot of today and have only gotten 3 more strange coins. Going to be pissed if can't get 8 coins in two days. That's some booshit!

See what I did there? Oct 31!

Got my first 300 item. An artifact from Eris for something I did on Oryx Court.

Edit: Just got 4 more for leveling up Dead Orbit. 1 more.....................................................
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Got the Supercell. Except for range and reload seems pretty nice. Think will be my go to weapon in PvP until Super Charged for Tlaloc and maybe PvE since it's dual kill perk helps charge super although range may prevent that. Since 3oC exotics drops nerfed, can't get another exptic weapon and need to infuse it. I've wasted quite a few coins with no exotics. Will probably just spend 13 coins on random Xur crap to get shards for infusing. 3oC seems to be closing in on that ratio anyway between exotic drops.

This game sucks! Ahhhh! much better!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Destiny’s weapon balance is getting another bunch of tweaks. Over at the Bungie blog, they’ve laid out a bunch of changes coming in the December update. Notable: Pulse rifle nerf, auto rifle buff, LitC sniper nerf (yay), small hand cannon buff, substantial shotgun nerf. In the regular Bungie weekly update, they also say new exotics, some from year one, will be added to the loot table.
Bungie spends half of their trillion dollar budget nerfing stuff.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

http://kotaku.com/destiny-is-now-sellin ... 1748105644

Woo! Spend that money! $30 a pop! Great game. I especially like the space ship waiting/delay screen
That price is, to be frank, FUCKING INSANE. If you do buy one of these items, know that you’re not even getting a fully leveled character out of it. Destiny’s level cap is 40, and the real leveling system doesn’t start until you get there. For $30, you’re just shaving a few hours off your experience, which seems... pointless? Leveling a character from 1 to 25 doesn’t take very long and is in fact rather fun.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I read something about them shifting their focus from "large dlc" (ahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha), to more timed events. The joke they've made of this game isn't even funny anymore, it's just pathetic.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So don't buy it? /gasp

Which is what the intelligent person would do. If you got more cash than brains then you might be in trouble.

It doesn't take long to reach level 40. For freeeeee. Find more pointless shit to complain about.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:So don't buy it? /gasp

Which is what the intelligent person would do. If you got more cash than brains then you might be in trouble.

It doesn't take long to reach level 40. For freeeeee. Find more pointless shit to complain about.
Not the point. New players don't know this. This is designed to rip people off.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:So don't buy it? /gasp

Not the point. New players don't know this. This is designed to rip people off.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Oh and it's wrong.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You're clueless.

In what world is $30 justified for 1-25 leveling in a game like destiny? It's a ripoff and you have lost touch with reality in your quest to imagine Destiny as a well made game. Anyone (besides you) that's played Destiny knows it's a ripoff. They've traded paid expansions for crap ass shit like levitating jet ski races and charging almost the same price as an entire expansion for a couple hours of leveling. ..and...lol...$5-10 for half assed emotes that are free in any other game.

Stop fucking that chicken. You've had enough.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:You're clueless.

In what world is $30 justified for 1-25 leveling in a game like destiny? It's a ripoff and you have lost touch with reality in your quest to imagine Destiny as a well made game. Anyone (besides you) that's played Destiny knows it's a ripoff. They've traded paid expansions for crap ass shit like levitating jet ski races and charging almost the same price as an entire expansion for a couple hours of leveling. ..and...lol...$5-10 for half assed emotes that are free in any other game.
I never said it was justified. But people are free to spend their money as they wish. You can play just fine without buying a level boost.

I was saying you're clueless in your statement that it was "designed to rip people off". But as you have more money than sense I can see why you'd have a problem with that.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Somewhere else it's posted that it's 30.00 so other players don't get upset about the work they put in to get to 25. That's the lamest excuse yet. No one cares if every player started at 40. That's where the game starts anyway and all armor before that is useless. The point is they could have charged less. They didn't because they are greedy and want to take advantage of the clueless new player that doesn't realize that getting from 1-25 is a joke. This isn't even a micro transaction, it's a macro transaction. It's taking advantage of newbs, pure and simple...who will eventually figure out they were ripped off and sour on the game or quit because of the seizure inducing forced blinking paid advertiser promotions.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Who labeled it a microtransaction?

It's taking advantage of nobody. Anyone who spend money on a "level boost", regardless of how much it costs, is just lazy to begin with. Why the fuck buy a game that you're not going to play?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A new player doesn't understand how Destiny works. They probably actually think 1-25 is meaningful. RIP OFF.

It doesn't matter what you think as a veteran player. You need to put yourself into the mind of a new player who doesn't know anything and isn't aware yet of the huge load times and space ship extra count down screens. They probably think it takes a year to get from 1-25 simply due to that.

Maybe 1-40 + random full legendary armor set for $30. That's not hard to get either but at least it's something. No half assed 1-25 bs.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't have to put myself in their place. In ANY game with leveling you increase your levels by playing the fucking game. If you want to 'fast forward' that you shouldn't buy the game in the first place. What would EQ have been if you could get to Level 50 without doing shit.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I don't have to put myself in their place. In ANY game with leveling you increase your levels by playing the fucking game. If you want to 'fast forward' that you shouldn't buy the game in the first place. What would EQ have been if you could get to Level 50 without doing shit.
That's not true in Destiny. In Destiny there were level 40 players practically everywhere I went even when I was level 1-10 (with all the reused zones). 1-40 means nothing and you can do the same quests while getting gear you can use if you started at 40 and just work on Light Level (which is the only thing that matters anyway)