E3 - 2014

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

E3 - 2014

Post by Aslanna »

Not far away! Any predictions?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: E3 - 2014

Post by Spang »

New things will be introduced, probably.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Aslanna wrote:Not far away! Any predictions?
I am going to call it now and you can all acknowledge my genius after it happens.

1. Winnow will declare the XBOX One the winner in the console category

2. Winnow will declare that XBOX One has better exclusives

3. Winnow will declare the XBOX One has a much better controller (even though it does not really matter at this E3)

I know this is out of the box thinking, but I wanted to get it out there now so that I am in front of it.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Those are some bold predictions, sir!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Xbox:
Price Drop and/or Lots Value Adds for Xbox One. Kinectless SKU for 100$ off, separate Kinect Accessory for 129$
Removing video services from Xbox Live Gold on Xbox One(only)
GAMES
tv, smartglass, entertainment - 2 minutes tops
GAMES
Game with Gold coming to Xbox One. First few titles announced
ID@Xbox - Release Schedules
New AAA titles for the fall
Halo

Sony
Momentum and Sales #'s
MONTAGES!
Lots of Morpheus and a demo (Sorcery 2?)
3st party Exclusives and 3rd party showpieces
Montages
Not sure WTF the story is going to be with the VITA this year. Here's to hoping a 20$ MSRP on all new, full games for the unit. 40$ is untenable
More Montages

Nintendo
Are they even going to be at the show?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I predict the Sony presentation will begin with an extremely bright blue light blinding the audience...slowly it dims until the entire room is black..."Announcing light free controllers!1!11" The crowd goes wild at how amazing this new feature is to turn off the glowing lights on their controllers.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Tyek wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Not far away! Any predictions?
I am going to call it now and you can all acknowledge my genius after it happens.

1. Winnow will declare the XBOX One the winner in the console category

2. Winnow will declare that XBOX One has better exclusives

3. Winnow will declare the XBOX One has a much better controller (even though it does not really matter at this E3)

I know this is out of the box thinking, but I wanted to get it out there now so that I am in front of it.
=D>
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've migrated back to PC gaming recently and have been consumed with researching and keeping up on developments with the Oculus Rift and VR gaming. As I read through all of the comments from people that use the VR headset, the general opinion is that once you start gaming in VR, you kind of want to stay there for games that work well in that environment. I won't know until I actually get to use the thing in a few months, but I have a feeling that my console and non VR gaming interest will fade fast over the next few years. On the other hand, if Oculus/Morpheus is successful, the future consoles will probably focus more in that area.

For E3, I'll be keeping an eye out for games that announce support for Oculus Rift and if Sony has any more announcements regarding their plans for Morpheus.

I haven't used my Xbox One or PS4 in awhile but will return to them whenever interesting games are released which should become more frequent closer to the end of the year.

Predictions:

-Sony announces they have more indie game developers for the PS4 than the entire human population
-Playstation Now payment model will end up costing too much

Hoping for but doubt it will happen:

Microsoft announces their plans for VR
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Possible huge leak for PS4's E3 announcements:

http://bgr.com/2014/05/07/sony-e3-2014- ... ence-leak/

Summary: PS4 will have some cool games in about a year.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Rumored games. Pretty uneventful on all sides imo!
Microsoft Conference:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 gameplay for Xbox One
DirectX 12 trailer for Xbox One
Fable Legends gameplay for Xbox One
Forza Horizon 2 gameplay for Xbox One
Gears of War 4 gameplay for Xbox One
Halo 5 tech demo for Xbox One
Kinect TV & Shows trailer for Xbox One
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare gameplay for Xbox One
Quantum Break gameplay for Xbox One
Star Wars: Battlefront III gameplay for Xbox One
Titanfall DLC gameplay for Xbox One

Microsoft Show Floor:

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Xbox One)
EA Sports UFC (Xbox One)
Fable Legends (Xbox One)
FIFA 15 (Xbox 360/One)
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)
Killer Instinct (Xbox One)
Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One)
NHL 15 (Xbox 360/One)
Project Spark (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)

Sony Conference:

Destiny gameplay for PS4
DriveClub trailer for PS4
God of War 4 CGI for PS4
Indie Games trailer for PS3/PS4/Vita
inFamous: Second Son DLC gameplay for PS4
The Order: 1886 gameplay for PS4
Uncharted 4: The Sunken Blade tech demo for PS4
Watch_Dogs gameplay for PS4

Sony Show Floor:

Alien: Isolation (PS3/PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Destiny (PS4)
Disgaea 4 (Vita)
DriveClub (PS4)
EverQuest Next (PS4)
Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA - F 2nd (Vita)
Lords of the Fallen (PS4)
Natural Doctrine (Vita)
Planetside 2 (PS4)
The Order: 1886 (PS4)
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Watch_Dogs (PS4)

Nintendo Show Floor:

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 2 (3DS)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate (3DS)
Pokken FIghters (Wii U)
Sonic Boom (3DS/Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. U (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. 3D (3DS)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare (Wii U)
Xenogears: Origins (Wii U)

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

will have to see how each company response to having everything spoiled.

Microsoft could throw in whatever they have cooking for VR. The problem with VR is that it really doesn't wow anyone unless they actually try it.

If it's like the last few gaming conferences over the past few months, the long lines will be to try out the headsets from Oculus and now Morpheus from Sony.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Dreamcast can NOT be stopped!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/ ... ationwide/
Watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference in Movie Theaters Nationwide

Why watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference on a puny browser window when you can see it on the silver screen? On June 9th, we’re inviting PlayStation fans in the US and Canada to experience the E3 press conference in a new way — live, on a massive screen in more than 40 movie theaters.

Join us and host Geoff Keighley for the PlayStation E3 Experience, featuring an HD simulcast of the PlayStation E3 Press Conference. Attendees will also see 30 minutes of extra content, including exclusive extended game footage and interviews with the world’s biggest game developers. And hey, if you show up, we might even cough up a few surprise gifts.

Best of all, it’s free. Space is limited, so make sure to register for the event soon here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

If you don’t live near one of the fine cinemas listed below, never fear: You’ll be able to watch all the gaiety from your computer or smart phone right here on PlayStation.Blog (or PlayStation.com and Ustream.tv/playstation).

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Microsoft conference done. And of course they led off with Call of Duty. They played it pretty safe overall. Nothing spectacular from my perspective. Nothing making me want to go out and buy an XBO in the next year.

Early DLC or platform exclusive content though is lame regardless of platform. Is that really an incentive for people when it comes to console purchases? "Oooo I can play the CoD maps a month early gotta get an XBO!" or "Oooo some crappy Watch Dogs missions exclusive on PS4 that's what I'm getting!"

(fair and balanced!)

If I had to give a score for MS I'd go with a 7. Not sure who thought the random changing cameras was a cool thing because people were talking into the wrong camera half the time. Unless that's what they were going for in which case: Mission Accomplished.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I haven't watched the whole MS thing yet given that I'm at work but from what I saw, Forza Horizon 2, Crackdown and Sunset Overdrive are what have me excited.

*edit* Almost forgot Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I thought MS knocked it out if the park. It was 1.5hrs of games, games, and more games. No Kinect, TV, or other bullshit. What they showed looked fantastic. They showed a nice variety of games too. Sony better do the same!

I am so glad I own all consoles. There's going to be plenty to play in all of them. This fall is going to be nuts.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I guess I'm biased because I don't get the whole "knocked it out of the park" aspect. Is not talking about the Kinect something that gives them bonus points or what? They said all they were going to cover was games so it makes sense that's what they did. I don't expect Sony's conference to be all that different either.

I'm still not sold on Sunset Overdrive not sure why. Maybe it's the art style or what. Regardless more than likely any sequel would also come to Playstation similar to Titanfall. Sure MS is publishing the first one but Insomniac owns the IP not MS. Sony was dumb to let this go XBO only no doubt but after Fuse I'm a bit wary of Insomniac games in general. Hopefully it turns out better for them though than Fuse did.

The only game that really looked interesting to me was that Ori and the Blind Forest (indie?) game although I don't know a lot about it. Annnnnd it's coming to PC so yeah.

If anything maybe a three base hit (is that a thing? I don't know baseball!) but knocked it out of the park? I can't say I agree!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Watched Ubisofts' presentation which was good. I'm 30 mins into Microsoft's presentation and it's been fantastic so far. Endless solid looking games.

Sunset Overdrive looks better each time I see it. Eight player mode looks like it might be a blast.

Edit: The Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 release looks great. The maps updated for Xbox One graphics look great. Master Chief collection looks like a kick ass release combined with Halo 5 beta and the Motion Picture series.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I just got done watching the whole of it. Ori and the Blind Forest was beautiful and AC:Unity looks amazing.

I looked up Phantom Dust. That one was a Battle Card Game released in 2005 and this one is a remake of that. Not a sequel. Lots of Gaffers seem excited about this. Apparently the original was one of those great games no one has played.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Entwined put me to sleep in Playstation Presentation. That game should be free not 9.99.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Rolling Impressions:
Grim Fandango on Vita? Yes plz.
No Mans Sky - The man said console debut, not exclusive right. I want to play this badly.
Between The Order, Bloodbound and Mortal Kombat X, there's a lot of gore in this presser..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Lots of fantastic stuff, but screwing the pooch with numbers and TV bullshit. It's slowing the roll. More games Sony!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Having watched both Sony and Microsoft, they both had really solid shows. Microsoft focused a lot more on exclusives and games they had first release DLC on it. Sony was really scattershot on their presentation but showed a much bigger variety, with most of it being non exclusive.

No Man's Sky was the real jewel out of everything today. That looks absolutely amazing.

The TV and movies I zoned out on however my WTF moment is that they gave stage time to Diablo 3 because they added TLoU zombies in it? Seemed like they were grasping.

I'm happy they both kept it civil/professional and kept the shots at each other at a minimum this year.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Grim Fandango on Vita? Yes plz.
True. It will be coming to other platforms as well, later.
No Mans Sky - The man said console debut, not exclusive right. I want to play this badly.
As far as I know it will be multiplatform. So I'd imagine PC and XBO as well.
Between The Order, Bloodbound and Mortal Kombat X, there's a lot of gore in this presser..
Don't forget Little Big Planet 3. Oddsock is a BEAST.

I don't think Sony "knocked it out of the park" either. I think for the most part MS and Sony played it safe. MS one was a bit more focused but that's because Sony has more services (Playstation Now) and hardware (Vita and PlayStation TV) to try and get people interested in (and buying). I'm glad they only spent about 5 minutes on Project Morpheus though. Could have done without the POWERS segment. And yeah nobody cares about stats like hours played, number of shares, etc. I know it was leading up to the YouTube integration announcement (I think), which should have been there from day one, but still. Borrrrring.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I fell asleep and missed half of Sony's presentation.

I hope No Man's Sky doesn't turn out like Spore. Spore sounded amazing on paper but turned out to not be so hot. Will have to see if No Man's Sky has any captivating interest in replaying. I'm leaning on the side of pessimism from what I've seen so far. I think it's getting Morpheus and Rift support so there's that.

As usual, Metal Gear Solid visually looks nice but I have absolutely no desire to play it and the demo "prologue" sucked ass.

Rainbow Six in Microsoft's presentation looked like fun.

Indie games on both platforms looked boring as hell. Who the hell plays those? Are indie developers retarded and can only make ten pixel characters that look like they came straight out of the 80's? The Unity and Crytek engines are cheap and powerful. We should be seeing much better than the crap I saw on both PS4 and Xbox One.

PS4 has games we've already played last gen are coming to PS4. Whoopee! At least Halo 1-4 are classics with multilayer fun with some extras and way improved levels, along with extras and Halo 5 beta access. GTA V is also coming to Xbox One, not sure why they didn't mention it.

Assassins Creed, a series I'm bored of, actually looked great. Can't seem to get rid of that franchise.

Would have liked to have seen Morpheus at least mentioned. I guess they'll have more on that later in E3.

Playstation tries to make themselves look better with meaningless little extra content. The bonus material for Xbox One was merely a little note that flashed up during demos instead of the dramatics Sony does with their extra little odds and ends. Looks like Xbox One gets just as much "exclusive" crap as Sony, they just didn't flap their jaws as much about it.

Crackdown, Sunset Overdrive and and Scalebound on Xbox One look like fantastic exclusives. Phantom Dust looks intriguing but I have no idea what it's about and at the moment falls into the "cool CGI bro" category that most Sony teasers fall into.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I fell asleep and missed half of Sony's presentation.
Well it was late. And you are old so... It was bound to happen.
As usual, Metal Gear Solid visually looks nice but I have absolutely no desire to play it and the demo "prologue" sucked ass.
I've never played a Metal Gear game and I doubt I will. The graphics did look great though.
Indie games on both platforms looked boring as hell. Who the hell plays those? Are indie developers retarded and can only make ten pixel characters that look like they came straight out of the 80's? The Unity and Crytek engines are cheap and powerful. We should be seeing much better than the crap I saw on both PS4 and Xbox One.
I seriously think you're on drugs. And as an XBO owner with only a few triple AAA exclusive coming this year (PS4 not really any different!), indies make for good filler so I don't see why you knock them. If you say this game looks bad (graphically) you have issues. I'd rather play this than ANOTHER Call of Duty game. And since it will be on PC I more than likely will play it before I ever boot up another CoD.
PS4 has games we've already played last gen are coming to PS4. Whoopee!
So don't buy/play them. No everyone had a PS3 you know.
GTA V is also coming to Xbox One, not sure why they didn't mention it.
I assume it's also coming to PC. Why would Sony mention that it's coming on a competitors platform that makes no sense. Did Microsoft mention that Assassin's Creed Unity was also coming to PS4? No? Gee imagine that.
Would have liked to have seen Morpheus at least mentioned. I guess they'll have more on that later in E3.
They did mention it! That's probably when you were napping.
Playstation tries to make themselves look better with meaningless little extra content. The bonus material for Xbox One was merely a little note that flashed up during demos instead of the dramatics Sony does with their extra little odds and ends. Looks like Xbox One gets just as much "exclusive" crap as Sony, they just didn't flap their jaws as much about it.
They were both just as guilty of this and I think it's annoying on any platform. I'm fairly certain I heard more than once that MS actually talked about it and not just had a note on the screen. Check back to the very beginning with the Call of Duty portion: "Good news. Xbox owners will be the first to play all of the add-on content!". I'm not going to sit through the whole thing to get more examples but I know there are more! Rose colored glasses over there or what?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nintendo is killing it. Holy shit!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Nintendo is killing it. Holy shit!
Well that's good for the 500 people that own one. Let me guess: New Zelda, Metroid, etc? Games other consoles are getting at considerably lower resolution? /yawn.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The intro was weird. Reggie just creeps me out in a big way.

amiibos seem like a Skylanders ripoff.

Yoshi's Woolly World seemed cute. I'd play it but it did remind me a of Little Big Planet in many way.

Splatoon looked interesting.

Smash Bros.. Don't care. Bayonetta 2 don't care.. Zelda.. Don't care.

I'm not really a Nintendo person so I can't say if they were "killing it" or not. Was a couple things I'd probably play but nothing to make me go buy their console. Same for MS really.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:Nintendo is killing it. Holy shit!
Well that's good for the 500 people that own one. Let me guess: New Zelda, Metroid, etc? Games other consoles are getting at considerably lower resolution? /yawn.
Zelda WiiU was shown. Stunning. I don't recall a single cross console game being shown. Nintendo games were more original and innovative than any of the big guns Sony or MS showed off.

Since Nintendo only has to focus on their own hardware, they can really milk it. It's comperable to say, Naughty Dog and the PS3. When you do not have to develope for a half dozen platforms, your games have the opportunity to reach max potential. Nintendo first party games are 1080p/60fps. Couple that with their unique art style with their unerring polish and you have games that will punch well above their weight visually. It's been proven over and over with DK: Tropical Freeze, NSM3DW, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, and many more.

My only complaint with Nintendo is the same problem I had with the entire expo: virtually every game mentioned will not arrive until 2015.

Visually, I think the best games shown at E3 were:

Batman: Arkham Knight, Zelda WiiU, and Sunset Overdrive. There were plenty of other AMAZING looking games but the above 3 really stood out to me.

This was the best E3 in years. I would rank the big 3 as:

MS gets a solid "A". It was all about games. They had a 90 minute sizzle reel along with more exclusives people can play in 2014.

Sony gets a "B+". It is still obviously the place to buy multiplatform games. Their exclusive content looked fantastic, but pretty barren this fall except for the HD remakes. They got a little bogged down with number bragging and hardware pimping (which they kind of had to do). I wanted to hear more about their VR product. It's kind of making me as though it will be a red headed stepchild at this point.

Nintendo gets an "A-". I'm dinging them for lack of 2014 games, but that's pretty much it. They had the most consistantly diverse and interesting cataloge of games.

I was impressed with MS and Sony's Independent Games. Lots of unique looking stuff to look forward to.

Goddamn it's awesome owning all three systems.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I don't recall a single cross console game being shown.
Easy to do when you don't have any cross console games. ZING!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:I don't recall a single cross console game being shown.
Easy to do when you don't have any cross console games. ZING!

It's not a zinger when it's the truth. And quite frankly, I'm glad. It would be a waste of time to show shitty, half baked cross console ports. Nintendo wasted time with that years ago, expecting people to be excited over Mass effect 3 and Arkham City even though they were year old games that everyone with even a remote interest had already played and beat. I wouldn't buy anything cross platform on the WiiU anymore than I would on the Xbox One. All that is exciting and relevant to me are exclusives.

If I only had two consoles, it would easily be a PS4 and a WiiU. The WiiU is a great second console.

I was disappointed in Xenoblade X's trailer. It was a sharp turn to the left from what I was expecting, and not in a good way. It was was one of my most anticipated titles, but they "anime-ed" the fuck out of it. I need more game play trailers. That's what hooked me when it was revealed. Actually, every company needs to tone down the goddamn CGI trailers. Game play is what I want to see.

Splatoon looks like a hell of a lot of fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fuuuuuuuck
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's all in the details. Look how Link's finger pulls out the blade!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I watched the Nintendo events with my kids and they loved a lot of what was shown. SSB and the Amiibo's seemed to be the big hit with my 4yo. The Mii fighters in Brawl got a big rise out of both. Splatoons was a HUGE hit with my 10yo daughter. Must've watched the trailer for that 2-3 times.

Yoshi and Kirby got some interest as well.

I skipped the Bayonetta 2 section for cause and somehow missed that Zelda footage (must've been chatting with my wife) and caught the entirety of the Hyrule Warriors(yawn) section.

Frankly Nintendo had a decent section. Not as rich as the Microsoft or Sony pressers but they held their own in my mind. It's going to be a great gaming year.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's funny seeing all the different articles about who "won" E3. Last year there was a clear winner... Or at least a clear loser. I think this year everyone pretty much did alright. It mostly just comes down to perspective. For me the Sony conference is what most excited me but that's just because I have no real interest in the offerings from Microsoft or Nintendo so it makes sense I wasn't that excited by what they showed.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

A bit more info on how Far Cry 4 co-op will work. You can join a friend even if you don't have the game! I think this is just on PS4 but I could be wrong. Haven't really looked into it all that much but it sounds interesting.

GamesBeat: I noticed that with PS Now and these other things on PSN, you’re starting to get creative with different models. You’re giving some things away and charging for others, like with Far Cry 4.

Rohde: Far Cry 4 is a Ubisoft initiative. That’s born out of our partnership with them. They’re trying to push that and we’re supporting them. It’s an interesting concept, for sure, being able to share the game with someone who doesn’t own it. We’ll see how that plays out.

GamesBeat: You can do that because it’s simply a digital download, right?

Rohde: Yeah. You share a key with a friend and get a trial version for a limited time, to engage in the co-op. You want them to experience it in a very social way. That’s their idea.

Based on that seems like it's just one friend. Need more details!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's fancy speak for a trial account. Nothing more. Sony makes it sound like something else. They're good at marketing...although I only broke even on my Sony trade from last week. Not as many people duped by the light show this time I guess.

Microsoft won, if there is an actual winner to be declared. They were the most no nonsense in their delivery of presenting upcoming games for their console. Wuss Sony went second so they could plan strategy based off of what Microsoft did. ...and no one really cares about Nintendo except those with kids.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Microsoft won, if there is an actual winner to be declared.
No they didn't . Sony won!

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think Microsoft "won"...because their presser was basically a giant admission to just being ridiculously stoopid and wrong last year, on what the xbone is/was to be. Its a gaming machine...they just took an extra year to realize that, and so fashioned their presentation around a gaming machine, showing games.

But really, all 3 were cool. They all seemed to present their best side, the gaming side, well enough to say it was successful. I totally get why everyone wants to talk about "who won" if not only because of last year's debacles.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So not sucking as much as last year = winning? Man that's a low bar some of you people have but ok!

Microsoft was all like.. "We listened to the gamers". No you didn't. You reacted. Totally not the same thing.

Sony’s E3 2014 press conference: greater daring and diversity seal another confident PS4 victory

Greater daring and diversity!
PlayStation continues to outstrip Xbox at every turn this generation. Sony’s showcase had more surprises, more impressive game demos and far greater diversity than Microsoft’s briefing. Sony also had a wider range of things to talk about: there was PlayStation TV, Vita, PS Plus, Project Morpheus and the same kind of services Microsoft once focused on too much, but above all, the games therein simply looked better and more daring. This was a high pressure, high stakes showcase, and yet Sony’s executives were clearly brimming with the kind of easy confidence and good humour that comes with a significant lead in the console race, a superior games line-up and a richer ecosystem.
Superior games line-up and a richer ecosystem!
PS4 and Xbox One’s line-ups for the end of this year might not actually look all that different, in fact, and yet Sony’s PS4 continues to represent the better option for players both right now and for the future. The games on show here were more diverse, its firstparty studios can boast of marginally more compelling output and in its partnerships with Activision, Ubisoft and EA it has ensured that some of the biggest forthcoming thirdparty releases will be better on PS4. And unlike Microsoft, it wasn’t scared of talking about its wider ecosystem, either – PlayStation Now, Project Morpheus and PlayStation TV are each smart and intriguing new ways in which PlayStation is broadening its horizons without abandoning its core support altogether.
PS4 is the better option for players now AND for the future! Duh.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Several games have already been confirmed upgraded to 1080p on the Xbox One..Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, etc. So that's a win as well with the adjustment.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

You have to have a low bar for console makers. They promote everything like its theirs, when the real geniuses of E3, are the game makers. In my mind, there is no winner of a console presentation, because most of their presentation is some other person's/company's hard work.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:It's going to be a great gaming year.
It's going to be a slow gaming year until around October, which is already packed. It's looking like 2015 is going to really kick things into high gear.
Aslanna wrote:It's funny seeing all the different articles about who "won" E3. Last year there was a clear winner... Or at least a clear loser. I think this year everyone pretty much did alright. It mostly just comes down to perspective. For me the Sony conference is what most excited me but that's just because I have no real interest in the offerings from Microsoft or Nintendo so it makes sense I wasn't that excited by what they showed.
This E3 shows how quickly MS has responded to the backlash. Whoever is in charge of righting the ship over there needs a raise. As a whole, they are doing everything they need to be doing. From dropping Kinect and the price, to pointing the spotlight squarely on gaming again. MS will always have inferior hardware, but if their first party games and exclusives continue to be as great as they have been so far, then I believe that is an easy justification to own both consoles. MS games hold up much better than when you have a game to compare them to on the PS4. Ryse is a good example of that.

I believe MS has a chance to make some inroads this holiday season because many gamers may be picking up their second consoles. After the majority have both, they may well consider a WiiU since it will have an even beefier catalog by holiday 2015. As it stands, I see bumps for both. MS due to the price cut, and the WiiU due to Mario Kart 8. MS may be able to stretch that bump a lot longer than the WiiU though.

PS4 will keep on trucking along with no signs of slowing down. Rightfully so too.

Uncharted 4. In game. In engine. 1080p and 60fps.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:It's fancy speak for a trial account. Nothing more. Sony makes it sound like something else.
Far Cry 4's co-op is available to people who don't own Far Cry 4. How is this possible, you ask? It starts with a client.

Like the 3DS's download play, PS4 users without Far Cry 4 will be able to download a separate app that allows them to be invited into their friends' Far Cry 4 games.

It's going to be a colossal app, since it will contain all of the game's content sans its story-based missions - which are the only content available exclusively in single-player.

Technical director Cedric Decelle told Eurogamer that the studio is tweaking co-op play to be more difficult than playing on your lonesome. The developer is still experimenting with what this will effect exactly. It could be hit points, damage received, enemy AI, or any number of factors that are currently being tested.
Doesn't sound like a trial account to me. One more win for PlayStation!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Doesn't sound like a trial account to me. One more win for PlayStation!
If it turns out there is no time limit and you can play the entire game free in co-op, that's a very nice feature. It doesn't mention anything about times so we'll have to wait and see. Looks like you can't do the story based missions so maybe some sort of multi-player add on?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well it's just co-op play not the "story-based missions" apparently so if you want the full game experience you'll have to buy it. However if you just want to mess around doing some co-op with a friend it sounds like a good feature since more options are always a good thing. I don't know how it works on the 3DS.

--
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Image

It's all in the details. Look how Link's finger pulls out the blade!
aaannnd
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Chidoro is not impressed, Nintendo.

Work on it.