Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Post by Fairweather Pure »

This game deserves it's own thread!

The game is great. It's not just "Ok" or "This should hold be over until Titanfall" good, it's legit amazing.

It's like Team Fortress 2. You have 4 class based characters to choose per side. Each one of those classes can level up and unlock new skills. You get "coins" after every match which allow you to buy card packs, which are a digital version of buying a pack of playing cards for games like Magic or something like that. In those packs, you get stickers. The stickers have a variety of bonuses, like being able to revive yourself when down and stuff like that. These cards are consumed when you use them. There are several different prices for the different packs. You can save for the big character packs or buy the smaller ones between rounds. These packs also contain items that alter character appearance. Once again, think hats in TF2. Better yet, you can unlock "alternate" versions of every character. I think there are 6 alternates for each class? These are subtle tweeks to each of the classes. It's pretty cool. The difference between classes is fun and the subtle differences within each class can really create some great scenarios.

The game looks great on the Xbone. It's bright, vibrant, and the enemies really pop out at you. The sound is great as well, with remixes of the classic PvZ tunes and the sound effects for the classes are right out of the original game.

It's only $40 on the 360 and Xbone, but only the Xbone version has split screen :(
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Post by Animalor »

They made the cardinal split screen mistake of only letting whoever is player 1 get achievements and coins though. That's too bad.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Decided to grab a Xbox last night, and picked this up and played it a bit. It's definitely a pretty cool game, I'll be looking forward to getting into it a bit more.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You should have at least waited until March 11th to get the free Titanfall. Buying an XBO now makes no sense!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

A balance patch went in fixing a couple of issues but the most noteworthy change was adding more money per match and win across all game types.

I've unlocked a special character and lots of minor upgrades. The game is perfect for short bursts of gaming. You can get in and out and still accomplish character progression as well as gain decent coin for sticker packs.

I really hope Titanfall doesn't destroy Garden Warfare's player base, but I got a bad feeling it will. The Xbone does not have the numbers to support several different online shooters. Some of them are going to suffer and I think Garden Warfare may take a huge hit next week.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Free DLC coming tomorrow! New map and 3 new alternate classes.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You should have waited on buying this, too. Coming out for the PS4 on 19-Aug and you will get more P's for your dollar!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm torn. Part of me wishes I would've waited and bought this on PS4, another part of me is glad I bought it on the One because it's the only thing that's been able to get me to keep that thing powered on for more than 30 minutes.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ugh, reading about how much better the PS4 version is over the Xbone one is driving me batty. I feel like I should have waited!

Native 1080p (44% more pixels on screen), better fog effects, FXAA, no screen tearing, and rock solid 60fps. It is heads and shoulders superior to the Xbone version.
The power gap makes such a difference.

Oh well. I have waaaay too many unlocks to start the game over again on another platform.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... 4-face-off

I still love this game and play it often. Everyone should give it a shot.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Ugh, reading about how much better the PS4 version is over the Xbone one is driving me batty. I feel like I should have waited!
Duh! Of course you should have.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

and you probably had plenty of other things you could play while you waited!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

If any of you have EA Access subscription on Xbox One, they just added Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare to it today.