E3 - 2013

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

E3 - 2013

Post by Aslanna »

Yes. 2013! Next week! Hopefully all console rumors are verified so people can stop speculating and start making informed decisions.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: E3 - 2013

Post by Animalor »

I'm really hoping that Sony will make with the information and show us some compelling cross-platform features with the Vita.

Also looking forward to seeing more of what MS is doing with Smart Glass.

And games! Tons and tons of games!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

A good Ratchet & Clank showing would perhaps cement my PS4 > XB1 decision.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It would! Doubt that will happen though since Insomniac spent all their time with Fuse.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm betting that Sony doesn't utter a word about their version of DRM today or this week in generally and give us a "more details about that will be revealed at a later time".

At least MS put out the bad news earlier and it can't really overshadow what's coming today.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Schedule!
Monday, June 10, 2013

Microsoft Press Conference - 1 PM Eastern / 10 AM Pacific

EA Press Conference - 4 PM Eastern / 1 PM Pacific

Ubisoft Press Conference - 6 PM Eastern / 3 PM Pacific

Sony Press Conference - 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Nintendo Direct - 10 AM Eastern / 7 AM Pacific

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I have 2 friends over today for E3. They stayed last night and we played video games for about 9 hours straight, an activity we will continue for the day and evening as the conference is streamed for us to watch live.

I'm ready!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Nice basement, bro. Walls, electronics, selection, decoration. Tight setup. Little buildings behind the bar? Tight. My only complaint is the TV on the bar. There has to be a better solution.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Leonaerd wrote:Nice basement, bro. Walls, electronics, selection, decoration. Tight setup. Little buildings behind the bar? Tight. My only complaint is the TV on the bar. There has to be a better solution.
It's a one day thing. The other TV isn't there all the time. Although, I may get one for the opposite wall where my pics are now. It's surprisingly awesome having a seond TV for gaming!

(Building are lego)

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

holy man cave

all you need is an acoustic guitar you never play and a fridge
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

kyoukan wrote:holy man cave

all you need is an acoustic guitar you never play and a fridge
I totally have an acustic guitar I never play. And a fridge is on the shopping list, but it will be awhile. We're redoing parts of the new house here and there. I just did the dining roomthis weekend actually!

Anyway, MS is doing an excellent E3 so far.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Mn, MS killing it with games. I'm getting an xbone. Dead Rising 3 is amazing.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Yeah Dead Rising 3 is going to be hard for me to pass up on. Curse you Microsoft.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

These sound issues are rough! Someone is having a very bad day at work today.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

kyoukan wrote:Yeah Dead Rising 3 is going to be hard for me to pass up on. Curse you Microsoft.
Oddly, I remember you really liking the original Dead Rising announcment for the 360 and I wondered if you would be digging this announcement too.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Battlefield 4 looks stunning.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xbone $500, launching in Nov.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

$499. No alternate pricing models announced.

Respawn's new game looks awesome. It looks like multiplayer will have mechs and soldiers fighting on the same battlefield at the same time.

Battlefield 4 can kiss my ass. I'm so sick of modern military shooters. All those graphics and physics mean nothing to me when all I'm doing is looking down through some scope and shooting muslims.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Titanfall is a system seller. It looked like the best part of an insane action movie come to life.

I'm down. Launch title line up looks diverse enough and pretty strong.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Not a single Kinect title announcement or demo. I am pleasently surprised.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Might as well post my computer room pic as well as my brand new dining room that I just finished last night around 8pm after working on it for 30hrs since Saturday am.

My wife has a set up just like mine on her side of the room but she was sitting there (working) when I snapped this quick pic. The chair is stacked with my kids junk, sorry! My wife's desk is a cesspool too. You can even see my unused acustic guitar in the corner. Told you I had one!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I was a lot more impressed with their press conference than I thought I was going to be. I hate Microsoft's shitty business model so much that I'm still on the fence though. Titanfall is coming out on PC, and if Capcom released Dead Rising 3 on PC I will likely pass on buying one.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Not sure how I missed Titanfall being on PC and the 360 but that does blunt it's system selling ability.

I agree with you about modern military shooters for the most part. I was mainly trying to point out how much better Battlefield looks that Call. Of Duty for next gen. It's like night and day really. Also, MS scoring first DLC on both CoD and Battlefield is a pretty big deal. I really assumed Sony was going to latch onto Battlefield and use it to counter the strength of CoD. That seems to have been their strategy with the PS3.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Image

I have 2 friends over today for E3. They stayed last night and we played video games for about 9 hours straight, an activity we will continue for the day and evening as the conference is streamed for us to watch live.

I'm ready!

Nice looking basement. Is it the picture showing bad angles or is that couch not sitting square to the TV? Might be a weird thing with just me, but I have to be sitting straight on to a TV if I am gaming. Tell me it is actually square and reclines and you get a high fiver.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The couch has a huge ottoman, no need for kick puts. My couches have those upstairs though. The panaramic shot bends things a bit. It's centered on the TV.

My next big, big purchase is a total update of the entertainment center. The stand will be gone and everything will be flush mounted, including a 7.1 surround system. That's probably 2 years off though.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Garden Warfare looks like a lot of fun. A fps my kids can play!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

EA having a fair, safe conference so far. No huge surprises really. Star Wars Battlefront soinds amazing for next gen but a CG trailer was all they showed.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ubisoft looking good. They showed the same Watch Dogs demo we've seen a hundred times though. No idea why they would do that. I bet they end with their shhow stopper AC Pirates, which shows they have no idea how sickmpeople are of yearly versions of that game. I adore the series and I need a damn break!

First official sighting of a WiiU controller throughout the entire day, but the system hasen't been mentioned by name yet. It's bizarro world.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:Ubisoft looking good. They showed the same Watch Dogs demo we've seen a hundred times though. No idea why they would do that. I bet they end with their show stopper AC Pirates, which shows they have no idea how sick many people are of yearly versions of that game. I adore the series and I need a damn break!

First official sighting of a WiiU controller throughout the entire day, but the system hasen't been mentioned by name yet. It's bizarro world.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sorry for the wierd dbl post/edit. Doing this on my iphone while watching!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Sunset Overdrive was the first thing that got me to perk up. That one looks pretty sick.

Hopefully it plays as well as the render looked.

Hugely disappointed at Ryse: Son of Quick Time Event. That type of mechanic can diaf.

I'm really intrigued by Quantum Break. I love Remedy's stuff normally and this one appears to deliver.

I put in a pre-order at microsoftstore.com this afternoon.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm giving Quantum Break the benefit of the doubt. It's pretty experimental with the live action counter part but I love Remedy.

Ryse looks interesting to me, but knowing it was a Kinect only title converted to controller makes me hesitate bigtime. I'll wait for reviews and a sale on that one.

Killer Instinct looked great to me. I have lots of memories of the original but I kind ofnsuck at fighters now. I just don't get into them as much as when I was younger. I was glad to see it though and cannot help but feel hyped.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I missed the EA conference so can't comment on that but might try to find it later. Was anyone really excited about the Ubisoft stuff? Rabbids Invasion WTF even is that?! Less trailers more gameplay, thanks!

Waiting for the PS4 pre-orders to be announced!

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I don't even know why Ubisoft would even have their own press conference. I know they are a big in house developer/publisher, but who cares about them? Same for EA. Why would you put your product line of a bunch of sequels up against 2 major hardware companies announcing new machines?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PS4 looks a tiny bit less ugly than the xbone. At least it looks smaller. That may mean the power supply is external though.

What's with the goddamn two tone?!?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Holy shit Sony rubbing that salt in MS's open wounds! That crowd reaction says a lot.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sony hiding multiplayer behind a paywall ala Xbl :(

There goes that!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PS4, $399. Incredible.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PS4 for multiplatform and it's exclusives, xbone for exclusives only!

Too bad xbox, I buy a fucking shitload of games and I really liked the 360 more than the PS3. You lost me as a fan!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Welp. Microsoft is pretty fucked. An inferior console that costs $100 more and takes away ownership of any games you buy on physical media. It really is a no-brainer. Bungie's exclusive FPS looks more interesting than Titanfall IMO.

Plus you still get free games with Playstation+

The only bummer for me in the whole ordeal is exclusive Dead Rising 3. I'm not paying $560 to play one game though, and there is a good chance it will come out on PC anyway.

Hiding multiplayer behind a paywall is bullshit but at least everything else is available without a sub, and I gladly pay for Playstation+ already, where I fucking hate paying for Microsoft Gold.

Sony has at least shown the ability to display some fucking adaptability after getting humiliated with the PS3.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Totally impressed with Sony's decision to not require anything at all to share games. I was wrong on that. Also an Impressive price point for the PS4.

What's with the constant freezing of PS4 games? That was embarrassing. Also a little weak was Sony saying gamers and gaming for gamers focused on gamers, a bazillion times. It was overdone. Even in a few of the developer clips, they got them to say "for gamers".

Console is as ugly as I imagined it would be. Better hope those freezes aren't due to poor internal design trying to make the console small.

Pay for Plus or don't play online games anymore on PS4.

I had to stop playing The Last of Us because the PS3's joystick feel like wet noodles. I really hope they are improved on the PS4, even if placed in a totally ergonomically horrible place.

Square Enix is no longer a good company. A game from 2010 is now FFXV and FFXIV , even after a year remake, is horrible.

I think the PS4 will sell well at its price point and the Xbox One will lose some customers due to the $100 price difference.

Gee, what a surprise. No cloud game streaming this year at launch. They sure pushed that shit hard at their initial PS4 intro now all the sudden it's a footnote.

They didn't spend much time on the look of the console...has the same lame duel tone gloss/matte look as the Xbox One except it's all distorted and warped looking.

I still need to watch the Microsoft presentation. I was watching the Apple iOS7 WWDC keynote while it was on.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

There's 5 months before both there machines hit the market. Microsoft will most likely eat crow, make changes and adapt.

Here's the last part of their post explaining the policies. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license
As we move into this new generation of games and entertainment, from time to time, Microsoft may change its policies, terms, products and services to reflect modifications and improvements to our services, feedback from customers and our business partners or changes in our business priorities and business models or for other reasons. We may also cease to offer certain services or products for similar reasons.

In the months ahead, we will continue to listen to your feedback as we meet with our partners in the ecosystem to bring additional detail about our policies.
A for the DRM things, Sony has their message around disk based games yet the business is headed increasingly towards digital. Where's their message on that.

But kudos to Sony for exploiting a PR clusterfuck that MS put themselves in. They hit the weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote: Bungie's exclusive FPS looks more interesting than Titanfall IMO.
Destiny isn't a PS4 exclusive. It will be on Xbox One as well as Xbox 360 and PS3.

Most of PS4's "exclusives" were like "one extra hour of game play" "a 1968 Batman Skin" , a free key-chain, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I really didn't like how Sony tried to sneak the having to pay for Multiplayer now in there. They really should have left it as it was since that's a good selling point. Not a huge deal to me as PS+ is, or at least has been in the past, worth it. I'm good until early 2016 on my PS+ subscription.
Animalor wrote:A for the DRM things, Sony has their message around disk based games yet the business is headed increasingly towards digital. Where's their message on that.
wtf do you need a message on that for? If it's digital you have nothing to lend your friend or to sell to others. Can you sell your used Xbox Arcade or PSN games? All major titles I'm sure will also have disc-based availability. It's no different than the current generation.
Winnow wrote:Console is as ugly as I imagined it would be. Better hope those freezes aren't due to poor internal design trying to make the console small.
"PS4: Not As Ugly As The Xbox One" Feel free to use that, Sony.
Winnow wrote:Gee, what a surprise. No cloud game streaming this year at launch. They sure pushed that shit hard at their initial PS4 intro now all the sudden it's a footnote.
You're a bit out of touch with reality. How is that a footnote? Not to mention at the February event they never said it would be available at launch. How is that different from the XBO which also has no backwards comparability so you wont even have the option of streaming games. At least not anytime soon as Microsoft, if they even have anything in the works, hasn't said zip about it.

Anyway, still not enough details for me to decide if I get a PS4 or not. I know I definitely won't be getting an XBO. Fuck Kinect. Exclusives don't sway me especially when it means sacrificing my soul to the evil Microsoft gods. To me no game(s) are worth it.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Both really ugly but I prefer square over whacky designs. Didn't like the Xbox 360 much either. (PS3 is laughable)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

well this thread went to shit fast.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't really see what makes the PS4 ugly but it's hard to tell from the few pictures that have been released. The Xbox one is basically a PC in one of those slimline cases or whatever. At least the PS4 has style.

Anyway if they didn't force Kinect on everyone Microsoft probably could have came in at $399 as well. Will it pay off for them? Good question!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:well this thread went to shit fast.
Yeah, I already had to correct you.

Rumor is that 399 is entry level PS4 with 250GB HD and no Eye. All of the pre order sites don't list the HD size. 250 is pretty skimpy as you'll probably want to install your games even if it's not a requirement (which wasn't clarified either). $100 for second controller...not sure about that part.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Rumor is that 399 is entry level PS4 with 250GB HD and no Eye. All of the pre order sites don't list the HD size. 250 is pretty skimpy as you'll probably want to install your games even if it's not a requirement (which wasn't clarified either). $100 for second controller...not sure about that part.
If that ends up being true, even though Sony made no mention of multiple SKUs, I'd be fine with it. I don't care about the Eye thing just as I don't care about Kinect. I'd rather save the $100.

I also don't see $100 for controller as reasonable. I could see $50, maybe $60, but not $100.

More details on actual specs like HDD size though are one of the things I'm waiting for.

--