Sports Stuff

What do you think about the sports world?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sports Stuff

Post by Bubba Grizz »

This last weekend Green Bay Packers had a "Tent" sale (it was actually inside their attrium) where you can buy all kinds of clothes and junk that they pretty much needed to get rid of out of their proshop. There were other items as well though from the practice squad and from training camps. This year they were selling pairs of club seats taken out during the renovations. They were selling for $250 and there was a limited amount (50). I thought I would head down to the stadium and check it out.

The event opened at 8am. I got there at about 6:20am and there was already a long line. My intention was that if they were available I would buy a pair of seats, if not then no great loss and I don't have to spend any money. I am pretty far back in line so I was thinking there was no way I would get them because this was the premiere item they were selling and a lot of the bars around town would be out to snag those. The line behind me was so far back that I couldn't see the end as it wrapped around the stadium.

When the doors finally opened I had to get into another line for the seats. This line wasn't too bad but still more people than I believe there were seats. As it turns out the chick in front of me got the last pair. I was bummed but not for long as they said that they may have more in the near future and they took our names on the waiting list. I thought that was cool and went home. I was home for maybe 30 minutes and then the phone rang and it was Lambeau telling me that a pair became available and that I should come back down. So I went back and waited in another line to pay for the seats. I was pretty stoked by this time but a little down that I had to spend $250. Until I looked around and saw people with boxes and arm loads of jerseys and clothes and other junk. They were spending far more than I was by a long shot.

This is what I came home with. (hope this picture works)
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Sports Stuff

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I have no idea what I am going to do with them yet. I was toying with mounting them in front of the TV but the wife vetod that idea.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Sports Stuff

Post by Fairweather Pure »

That's a great piece of memorabilia you got there!