NFL 2013

What do you think about the sports world?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Canelek »

POT ROAST!

Stoked to see my boys in the show for the first time since 98-98 season.

One thing I dislike is all the bandwagon fans that climb on board...

Even more annoying will be the Seattle noise for the next two weeks (which hopefully will stop once they lose)....oh to be far too close in proximity to Seattle...

And soon we will see if the NFL shit the shorts on the venue...
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

congrats to you for your team giving you this opportunity to cheer, etc.

I will also be rooting for the Broncos...even if only based on my hate of the seahawks' excuses for losing the last super bowl they were in.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Poor Broncos. Are they sleeping or what?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Worst Super Bowl ever. Blow out + Bad Halftime Show + Below Average Commercials.

I don't think Denver could have handled any of the top three NFC West defenses (SEA, SF or AZ). First play of the game is an instant classic.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Agreed. That game was awful. I was so excited for Peyton, because he finally shrugged off that "big game" stigma...he beats 2 good teams, and then lays a huge egg in the super bowl. I know, it wasn't really all his fault. Not by a long shot. But his throws did look like shit.

I would agree that SF may have been able to do the same thing, but I don't think AZ could have.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote:
I would agree that SF may have been able to do the same thing, but I don't think AZ could have.
Well Arizona had the #1 rushing defense in the NFL (84 yds/game) last year and was the only team to beat the Seahawks in Seattle. AZ's offense was balanced and decent so I think they would have had a pretty good shot against Denver.

It was a horrible Super Bowl. Looking at next year, Seattle should remain dominant while the 49's have a lot of free agents to deal with. AZ was right on the heels of SF the entire year. They ended up 10-6 after starting the season 0-3 so things are looking good for them. Getting back Tyrone Matthew and first round OL guard William Cooper who didn't play a snap last year only helps along with the upcoming draft that can finally be used to pick best players instead of desperation to fill glaring needs. AZ Also finally has a solid RB core and a stable coach and GM that appear to have a plan. Unless someone has a convincing argument otherwise, I see NFC West next year as 1. Sea 2. AZ. 3 S.F. 4 St Louis.

As for Denver. That was a humiliating, crushing blow. There wasn't even a glimmer of hope at any time in the game for the Broncos. I imagine bucketloads of accolades about how great Payton Manning is went unsaid during the game that was prepared by FOX. Denver lost to Seattle in the pre season and never played the NCF West defenses in the regular season. If Denver and Seattle made it back to the Super Bowl next year, it would have the lowest ratings ever.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I had a bad feeling when Seattle won the coin toss...and then the snap. Tough game to watch. Just a spanking in all three phases.

We'll get to see more AFC West vs. NFC west next season. Denver has some work to do, but they will be contenders again. If they can learn anything from yesterday's debacle, that is.
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Careful what you say...super bowl loser curse! (even though that curse appears to have ended this past decade or so...)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Being from Seattle I looved it. Though leading by so much made the actual end of the game totally anti-climactic. Proud of all the undrafted and 6/7 round picks dominating all night. All the naysayers can now politely shut the fuck. The city was craaaazy all night afterwards. Blocks and blocks of city streets throughout the city were packed with fans. It's been since 1979 since Seattle won any professional championships and that was the Sonics who no longer exist...so it's been a long time coming. Most watched TV broadcast of ALL TIME and we brought it. I, Happy.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

A bit destructive though... that old pergola was destroyed.
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

they should have smoked more weed, to calm their insanity!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I never understood why fans basically riot and destroy shit in "celebration" when "their team" wins. I guess it's just an excuse to be bigger assholes than usual.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Denver's defense needs major speed upgrades if they're going to seriously compete with the Seahawks and 69ers.

The AFC as a whole has a huge task before them, because right now the difference between the top NFC and top AFC defenses is huge, and without passing through a hotter regular season crucible, no AFC offense could handle what Seattle, SF, and Arizona bring.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:Denver's defense needs major speed upgrades if they're going to seriously compete with the Seahawks and 69ers.

The AFC as a whole has a huge task before them, because right now the difference between the top NFC and top AFC defenses is huge, and without passing through a hotter regular season crucible, no AFC offense could handle what Seattle, SF, and Arizona bring.
You are correct!

Check out this stat. NFC West teams vs AFC teams: 13-3

Two of those losses were by SF and SEA to the Colts. Arizona was 4-0 vs the AFC and beat the Colts 40-11.