The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:What about the reflection off your TV screen from the blue glow on the PS4 controller? Not the best thing to have a light in front of your screen. I wonder how much of an impact it has.
It has ZERO impact!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

As Aslana said, It has 0 impact. The PS Move is a brighter light source than what's in the controller and it doesn't have an impact at all.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It might reflect off of Winnow's 15 year old Toshiba 27" CRT. Those flat panels that don't reflect light and never have are like six hundred bucks!

If only you could pirate a new TV.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

yawn
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS4 SMASH!
PS4 Smashes Xbox One In Amazon Customer Poll

Microsoft has probably had the worst E3 of its history, taking an already generally negative attitude towards the Xbox One and adding another nail on the coffin.

The result, if Amazon's recent poll is to be used as an example, is a set of gamers switching their allegiance to the PS4.

When asking its community on which side of the console war they'll be going when next-gen rolls around at the end of the year, Amazon.com's Facebook users voted almost unanimously for PS4.

At the time of writing Sony's PS4 is winning with 20200 votes versus Microsoft's Xbox One's 1160.

Ouch.

If that transfers into actual pre-orders and day-one purchases then Sony is on to a winner.

Take a look at Amazon's next-gen versus votes and place your vote now.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I bought a chunk of SNE shares Friday before the close @ 19.88/share. Plan is to hold them until dec/jan and then dump them. Xbox One may be the better platform but SNE is the better investment for the next half year. I specifically made this buy to have Sony pay for my consoles and games. I don't see much downside unless Sony really screws something up. After launch, I think gamers will see the value of Xbox One's sharing system, which Sony has locked itself out of by opting not to require online checks, as digital sales continue to increase and old physical disk sales continue to decline over the course of the next generation.

SNE is the perfect pump and dump play. Buy it! pump pump pump.

On topic, someone seems to think the PS4 controller feels good:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/ ... -thing-eve

They don't compare it to a Xbox controller but any news that the PS4 controller feels better than the horrible PS3 controller is good news since we'll all be forced to play a few exclusives on it.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

And this concludes another exciting article from "Stock Tips From a Complete Retard"
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

And yet another worthless stalker post from kyoukan. Creepy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-controll ... -581449946

PS4 controller is a big or bigger than the Xbox controller now. Xbox controller looks comfy while the symmetrical PS4 sticks still don't look right.

At least the PS4 controller will fit a little better in non dwarf sized hands but the Xbox controller looks like it will be more comfortable again. Won't know for sure until it's in my hands.

On the PS4 controller you still need to deal with:

That part still sucks ass, even worse when you have have to move your thumbs down to the actual sticks.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It'll be nice to wrap my hands entirely around the PS4 controller's handles, like with N64 controllers. There is a certain thickness to the 360 controllers that leaves my fingers uncomfortable and jammed - a problem I never had on the PS2 / N64. I expect it will be even nicer on the PS4 than on PS2, given the size increase.

On analog sticks... Let it die, bro. The symmetrical design is completely worthy, and I'd argue a much better design. Let me explain:

Part of the functional difference between the left analog sticks on 360 / PS* is what direction your thumb needs to move when performing the same operation. For today's lesson, let's imagine what we're pushing the analog stick directly upwards. Here is the process on either controller:

PS*: Left thumb swings / rotates naturally to the left in order to move the analog stick upwards. Holding this position for a lengthy period of time feels natural and takes very little effort. Thumb stays on top of the "pad," and left hand remains steady. Muscle memory develops. Accuracy is a non-issue.

360: Left thumb flicks / pushes upwards unnaturally (and often, inaccurately), and in order to hold the movement, the left hand must either slightly reposition, or must abandon the top of the pad and push from the bottom edge of the stick. Neither action is ideal, and accuracy is always a concern.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I like the offset sticks more, but I wish winnow would shut his fucking trap about it already.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:PS4 controller is a big or bigger than the Xbox controller now. Xbox controller looks comfy while the symmetrical PS4 sticks still don't look right.
I found the comments to that article stupid as who gives a crap what it looks like. Do you stare dreamily at your controller all day? No. No you do not.

Having said that I do find the XBO controller to be ugly and cheap looking!

Also the DS4 is barely larger than the DS3 controller so.. .If it's bigger than the XBO controller than it was always like that. Or MS shrunk it.

DS3 - 6.2 x 3.78 x 2.20
DS4 - 6.2 x 3.9 x 2.0

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:PS4 controller is a big or bigger than the Xbox controller now. Xbox controller looks comfy while the symmetrical PS4 sticks still don't look right.
I found the comments to that article stupid as who gives a crap what it looks like. Do you stare dreamily at your controller all day? No. No you do not.

Having said that I do find the XBO controller to be ugly and cheap looking!

Also the DS4 is barely larger than the DS3 controller so.. .If it's bigger than the XBO controller than it was always like that. Or MS shrunk it.

DS3 - 6.2 x 3.78 x 2.20
DS4 - 6.2 x 3.9 x 2.0

Exactly. The Xbox One Controller looks hella ugly but it's designed for comfort and usability which is what matters.

I think the Xbox controller shrunk slightly and the PS controller got a little larger. Either that or the Xbox controller is the same size and the PS4 controller got a lot bigger.

Widening the handles was a good move as well.

For leonaerd complaining about the Xbox controller thickness, it looks like the PS4 got quite a bit thicker than the PS3 controller.

I don't get the PS4 controller. Symmetrical joysticks and their positioning blows hard but I also don't get right the button placements. What's the reasoning behind the area they are placed in except to try and make the controller look cool? The Xbox buttons are integrated right into the controller without a useless little circle area required. The only benefit I see to the new PS4 controller form the PS3 is the size and more textured grip. You used to complain that the Xbox controller was too big so hopefully the PS4 controller is too big for your hands now!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote: Also the DS4 is barely larger than the DS3 controller so.. .If it's bigger than the XBO controller than it was always like that. Or MS shrunk it.

DS3 - 6.2 x 3.78 x 2.20
DS4 - 6.2 x 3.9 x 2.0

Exactly. The Xbox One Controller looks hella ugly but it's designed for comfort and usability which is what matters.

I think the Xbox controller shrunk slightly and the PS controller got a little larger. Either that or the Xbox controller is the same size and the PS4 controller got a lot bigger.
I gave the exact dimensions. There is no guess work required.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

My animated gif is cooler
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's not!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I have no problems with the PS4 controller. I do hope devs don't do too much of the touchpad in the front at the same time as using the buttons or sticks. I hate having to reposition my hands in the middle of gameplay.

Both controllers look really comfortable.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bottom line is that the left joystick is more important/used than the D-Pad. The D-Pad had it's day back in the 2D platformer days. Most games are 3D and offer full movement these days. Sony can't seem to swap joystick/d-pad for whatever reason.

The overwhelming majority of the best games on either platform use the left joystick more than the d-pad.

D-Pad is used in conjunction with the bumper buttons to select crap off of menus more than anything else in current games.
the 360's analog stick is very close to the natural position of the left thump if you grip the controller. The PS3's analog stick is not. You can also comfortably grip a GameCube-controller, a N64 controller, a Dreamcast controller, a Saturn controller and a GamePad so that you left thump is naturally very close to the left analog stick. You can't with the PS3 controller.
360 controller is light years ahead of the PS3's in comfort. Much of that has to do with the joystick placement although there is a huge list of reasons why the 360 controller is better. The PS4 addressed a few of them but not the most important one.

VS

vs

It the PS3/PS4 is even uncomfortable to look at when someone's using the joysticks. I don't think it can be overstated. That's a huge advantage for the Xbox Controller in comfort for most games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Seriously. Who gives a shit. Move on to something else already. Millions of people use the Dualshock controllers and don't have an issue with it.

I sure as fuck wouldn't choose a console based on looking at the controller. If that's the only hope you are clinging to it's pretty sad.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I don't have any issues with the PS controller and no one I really know does. Nor anyone on the internet that isn't a stupid fucking trolling retard does. Maybe if you had opposable thumbs you could figure out why symmetry in design is almost universally favorable both functionally and aesthetically. but then again I am trying to form a cogent argument with someone who is only here to troll for attention; so I am not sure why I waste my fucking time. I could have spent the last 30 seconds scratching my ass and it would have literally been more productive than trying to engage in a conversation with you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:Maybe if you had opposable thumbs you could figure out why symmetry in design is almost universally favorable both functionally and aesthetically.
An opposable thumb joke.....lol! Hilarious!

You fucking moron. We're not having a general discussion about symmetry. If you could focus your pea brain for even a second you'd see this is regarding game controllers where asymmetrical joysticks are most definitely the preferred design. I don't see a flood of copycat PS3 controllers out there. Seems everyone and their mother that designs a controller copies the Xbox layout for joysticks.

While you enjoy those fucked up joysticks, it should be fun trying to use that awesome touch pad as well.

Swapping the left joystick/D-Pad would have even made more sense for using that slapped on touch pad.

...clusterfuck design
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I don't see a flood of copycat PS3 controllers out there. Seems everyone and their mother that designs a controller copies the Xbox layout for joysticks.
Or maybe because the DS controllers are so awesome nobody can improve upon them. Duh. Whereas the 360 controller is an inferior piece of crap which anyone can make a better version of. Logic!
Winnow wrote:...clusterfuck design
blahblahblah. You're a one-trick pony going on and on about something 98% of the gaming world doesn't care about. Never once in a magazine review did I hear the reviewer say "This game would have received a higher score on the Xbox because the PS3 controller is SOOOOO bad".

Anyway this is the last controller related post I respond to until I actually hold one in my hand. Even then I don't think I'll bother as there are more productive things to do. You prefer the Xbox controller. We get it. Not sure what we're supposed to do with that knowledge. It surely isn't going to sway my opinion, or anyone's for that matter, of which console I'd prefer to purchase.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

haha it has resorted to sloppy, ugly MS paint jpegs to back up it's trolls. what a fucking waste of bandwidth.

WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT SYMMETRY WERE TALKING ABOUT GAME CONTROLLERS HERPTY DERP

I know I'm doing exactly what you want by validating your presence and responding to you, but holy fucking shit you are as dumb as a fucking rock.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There go the CAPS! It's easy tell when you've totally lost your grip and have nothing left but gibberish.

Xbox controllers are way more comfortable to use.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Anyway. in non-controller related news...
Sony once again has found a way to one up Microsoft. After announcing at its Xbox One unveiling in May that it had 15 games in development, eight of which were exclusives, Sony Europe CEO Jim Ryan told Gamereactor that it has 30 PlayStation 4 exclusives in development, 20 of which will arrive in the console’s first year and at least 12 of which are brand new franchises. Some of those currently unannounced PS4 games will be revealed at the German Gamescom convention in August, Ryan hinted.

“I’m sure you heard from [SCE Worldwide Studios boss] Shu [Yoshida] that he has—just his studios—he has 30 games in development,” he said. “Twenty of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those, 12 are new IP. So there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans—we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?”

So far if the next-gen console war boils down to numbers then Sony comes out on top with more games and a lower price tag.
Burn!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony's good at talking big or not being clear, and then taking things away or it ending up being crap. Where's their 1 Billion commitment to games? Are these all trash games or AA games? They sure talked up the cloud in their reveal, most features of which will be nowhere to be seen as they scramble to figure out how to integrate the little company they bought into their crappy network.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technology ... index.html
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

CNN Money: 5 Reasons the Xbox one will dominate.

(They did both as counter pieces today... The Xbox one was linked at the very end of the PS4 one.)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

1 Price: look for cheaper Xbox One with 1 or 2 year Xbox Live agreement
2 Brand: Xbox holds its own with brand recognition
3 Power: It may not even be more powerful in light of recent news about the Xbox One's ESRAM and slow ass latency etc of the PS4.
4 Developers: The article tries to claim that Sony has better developers. (guess they didn't see E3's award results)
5 Indies: More perceived than anything. Microsoft dropped the update fees. It won't be a big difference and is a minimal factor at best.

Overall a horrible article.

5 Reasons the Xbox One is the best choice:

1 Controller: PS4 still hasn't figured out joystick placement and overall ergonomics.
2 Online/Multiplayer/Network: XBL rocks. PSN has been a horror show
3 Developers: retarded reason mentioned above so I'll say the same for Microsoft
4. Forward Thinking: While dumbass consumers want to be required to place physical disks in their consoles, Microsoft is forward thinking trying to enable much more advanced sharing strategies.
5. Performance: PS4 tried to squeeze their OS into 1 GB (most likely growing over time even if they remove features as they have in the past) while XBox One has a full locked 3 GB of space allowing for a multitasking, fast UI. There's no a game on the planet that requires even 5 GB of ram much less 7 GB. Sony's choice of using ram meant for video cards as their main memory for the entire system will have impacts on overall performance of the system with latency issues. Xbox One added ESRAM to speed up graphics while keeping low latency DDR3 ram for the rest of the system to utilize.

In the end, Sony has slogans and marketing (kind of like Samsung with their S3/S4) They duped general consumers into thinking they were getting something great with old school forced disk checks and performance stats that look better on paper until you actually break it down...yet to be seen until after final console release benchmarks. They put on a good show and actually fooled some people that aren't very perceptive into thinking they were the console "for gamerz"....while Xbox One actually has the same and most likely more high quality games (see E3 game award results) that will look and perform just as well on the Xbox One while having an extremely solid online network (300K servers) and console that will multitask and speed through UI choices, toggle etc better than it's competitor.

Positives:

Xbox One: Controller, Online, UI, Games and non Gaming

PS4: Price? (minus the EYE making all move features useless and can't be counted on by developers) Marketing promises that won't be there when the console releases because they can't get a little company they bought less than a year ago's tech to work.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:CNN Money: 5 Reasons the Xbox one will dominate.

(They did both as counter pieces today... The Xbox one was linked at the very end of the PS4 one.)
So post it in the XBO thread!

Not to mention many of the reasons sucked: TV? Kinect? Fail. Even Halo, Smartglass and Titanfall lower my interest level from zero to less than zero if that was even possible!
Winnow wrote: 1 Price: look for cheaper Xbox One with 1 or 2 year Xbox Live agreement
2 Brand: Xbox holds its own with brand recognition
3 Power: It may not even be more powerful in light of recent news about the Xbox One's ESRAM and slow ass latency etc of the PS4.
4 Developers: The article tries to claim that Sony has better developers. (guess they didn't see E3's award results)
5 Indies: More perceived than anything. Microsoft dropped the update fees. It won't be a big difference and is a minimal factor at best.
1. Which ends up costing more overall when people do the actual math? Ok!
2. RROD!
3. If you listen to Cerney's talk about how the PS4 came to be he mentions they had the option to choose esram and they decided not to as it was complex to code for. For someone who was always crying about how had it was to develop for the PS3 you'd think that was a good thing.
4. Irrelevant to why the gave that category to the PS4. Try reading the text.
5. It has nothing to do with perception. And it's more than "update fees". But I'm sure you're well aware of that. Keep fucking that chicken.

Winnow wrote:1 Controller: PS4 still hasn't figured out joystick placement and overall ergonomics.
2 Online/Multiplayer/Network: XBL rocks. PSN has been a horror show
3 Developers: retarded reason mentioned above so I'll say the same for Microsoft
4. Forward Thinking: While dumbass consumers want to be required to place physical disks in their consoles, Microsoft is forward thinking trying to enable much more advanced sharing strategies.
5. Performance: PS4 tried to squeeze their OS into 1 GB (most likely growing over time even if they remove features as they have in the past) while XBox One has a full locked 3 GB of space allowing for a multitasking, fast UI. There's no a game on the planet that requires even 5 GB of ram much less 7 GB. Sony's choice of using ram meant for video cards as their main memory for the entire system will have impacts on overall performance of the system with latency issues. Xbox One added ESRAM to speed up graphics while keeping low latency DDR3 ram for the rest of the system to utilize.
1. Yes. They've sold hundreds of million controllers with hardly changing the design and I still don't see hardly any complaints about them. If they were as horrible as you say then I'm sure a lot more people would be complaining. How about just admit that it's subjective since there are people who find the Xbox controller just as uncomfortable.
2. Again, nothing to back this up other than the 'hacking' incident. I've had no issues with PSN and PS+ is 100 times better than Xbox Live Gold.
3. blahblahblah
4. You do know you can buy retail PS3 games digitally? You're not forced to use a disc if you don't want to. Same will happen for the PS4. It's called choice. Yeah being a Republican I can see why you think that's a bad thing.
5.3GB of space because they have three fuckin operating systems. File this under: Duh. And you keep spouting 'esram' but a) the speeds given by MS were "theoretical" and b) developers will have to specifically code for it which apparently isn't straightforward. On multiplatform games I don't see that happening.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

More PS4 game demos froze (like every single one of them) during Sony's E3 presentation than with Microsoft's Xbox One presentation. ...with more of that "for gamerz" jargon thrown out during the freezes...while I wonder if Sony will ever be able to do anything right when it comes to firmware updates, consumer data protection, ergonomics, or ever have a clue as to what "gamerz" want in an online service...hint...it's not HOME, it's a reliable, easy to use multiplayer environment.

When the shit hits the fan after release of these new consoles...and it will for both companies in one way or another...I'll bet on the company that has 68 billion to throw at the problem, not the one that will probably have to sell another building to fend off bankruptcy and require another "blow smoke up your ass, say anything speech to try and sell a console people...that cool streaming stuff is just...around...the...corner...while you wait, enjoy TWO free games for our latest month of downtime...yay!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:I pre-ordered a PS4 online for launch day pick-up at a local Best Buy. Charged me full price so hopefully that means I'll get it at launch. Didn't order the camera for now.

Still deciding on pre order for Xbox One. I may wait a bit. I wouldn't mind a message being sent to Microsoft if it turns out PS4 pre-orders are significantly higher than Xbox One to nudge them a bit to lighten up some policies. I'd like them to drop the kinect requirement. Even though I'd get one with kinect, I don't want it to be mandatory.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Obvious troll is obvious.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Interesting polling site, PS4 vs Xbone.

http://www.xboxonevspsfour.com/
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

MS has a real problem because they have drawn the ire of a lot of gamers, despite their DRM reversal, and they don't have the advantage of a year lead time over PS4. If you don't think there is any significance to that you're a moron. The only reason they got to where did (third place lol) was because they had a year head start.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote: Mind you Sony has their other divisions to fall back on where MS really has nothing profitable any longer except for their enterprise division. It has been nothing but a string of hardware failures for them. Eventually they will run out of cash.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

DualShock 4 light bar can't be switched off, says Yoshida

Players can't disable the DualShock 4's top light bar, regardless of the optional PS4 Eye camera that can track the controller for certain games. The news comes from Twitter and Sony's president of worldwide studios, Shuhei Yoshida. Twitter users have expressed concern over the light's possible reflection on a TV in a dark environment.

The light bar on the PS4 was originally pitched as a way to communicate things like player health, back when the PS4 was first announced in February. More tangible ideas were conveyed at E3, however, in a demonstration for The Playroom, a series of tech demos included with every PS4 system. In The Playroom, players use the light bar on the DualShock 4 in conjunction with the PS4 Eye to play Air Hockey and interact with little robot men.

We've got some questions into Sony for more clarification on the light's effect on battery life and will update this post when we hear back.
Madness!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/duals ... hida-says/
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Mark my words.. One day, a story will come out saying that the camera was originally supposed to be bundled and it drove this particular controller design decision but Sony decided to not add it as a mandatory pack-in to keep the cost down.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:Mark my words.. One day, a story will come out saying that the camera was originally supposed to be bundled and it drove this particular controller design decision but Sony decided to not add it as a mandatory pack-in to keep the cost down.
They have already said as much.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That light is going to be annoying

At least they didn't add an LCD screen or it could have been even worse.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Stop crying about shit that you THINK might be a problem. Oh wait then you'd have nothing to say.

Having said that it would be nice to be switchable. However as it's an LED I hardly think the drain on the battery will be all that noticeable. Probably less so than stupid rumble features for triggers.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

GameStop Cuts Off PlayStation 4 Preorders

GameStop has stopped taking store pre-orders for the PlayStation 4 due to high demand.

Late last month, GameTrailers published an internal GameStop memo telling employees that the company would be taking unlimited pre-orders for PS4 systems until further notice. Apparently that time has come. A spokesperson for GameStop has issued the following statement to us:

"Due to high demand for the system, GameStop is not currently taking additional store reservations for the PlayStation 4."

The spokesperson also stated that online reservations would be available "while supplies last," but since then GameStop's website has been updated to say that the console is currently sold out. Interested users can submit their email addresses to learn when reservations are available again.

Our Take
While the demand for PlayStation 4s is bad for gamers who haven't pre-ordered yet, it is certainly good news for Sony. The leaked memo from last month stated that Sony made the call for taking unlimited pre-orders, so clearly the company felt confident in its ability to provide a high volume of systems for launch. That the demand is even greater than the company anticipated is the best kind of problem Sony could hope for at this point, and one that Microsoft surely hopes to replicate.
Good news though if you, you whatever reason, still wanted an XBO. Lots of those still available at Gamestop for preorder apparently.
Animalor wrote:Mark my words.. One day, a story will come out saying that the camera was originally supposed to be bundled and it drove this particular controller design decision but Sony decided to not add it as a mandatory pack-in to keep the cost down.
The same thing MS should have done. Making Kinect mandatory is a turnoff for some and that's before even taking the price into consideration. But then they wouldn't be able to spy on people and deliver "targeted advertising". The fact that you get ads while paying $60 (retail) for Xbox Live Gold is ridiculous in its own right. This isn't an issue with PSN presently and I hope it stays that way for the PS4 or I will criticize Sony for that as well.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

what? what is more awesome than trying to find the game I bought on my xbox that is buried seven layers deep in menus, and accidentally cursoring over the 5000 streaming video (pre-loaded without asking me) ads they have for gum and axe body spray, that are set seventy five billion decibels higher than any other sound that emits out of my tv? this is real gaming!

I can't wait to spend a hundred dollars more on an underpowered hunk of junk that blares ads, spies on me and will probably overheat and RROD six months after I buy it. I hope it is as sophisticated as a launch 360 that had no hard drive and sounded like a cessna with a thrown cylinder taxiing onto the runway. I was just thinking the other day that the one thing my house really needed were some video cameras hooked up to computers and the internet that I have no real control of.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Stop crying about shit that you THINK might be a problem. Oh wait then you'd have nothing to say.
Tell that to the Jews in 1938!
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
They have already said as much.
Yeah, I thought this was common knowledge by know. Many articles out there about it, http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57591 ... cut-price/ here is one. Kudos to them for doing this.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kudos Sony! Good job making a non ergonomic controller that has the equivalent of those cool glowing neon lights you see underneath cars.

Sweet

Maybe they could throw in a tail fin for the special edition.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PS4′s digital library lets you play your games anywhere & on anyone’s console

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine. ... s-console/

Sony giveth what Microsoft taketh away.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Haha, but Microsoft had to get rid of it because we didn't want to swallow their DRM bullshit along with it, right? Riiiiight.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The announcement I want them to make is that any games you have already digitally purchased on PS3 through the store you will have access to once they get the streaming stuff working. Without having to rebuy them. That would be the bees knees.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:The announcement I want them to make is that any games you have already digitally purchased on PS3 through the store you will have access to once they get the streaming stuff working. Without having to rebuy them. That would be the bees knees.
Church!