The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by Aslanna »

Can't get the deals with no PS+! Personally I think that while not every month is great you definitely get $60 out of it over a year. In addition to the sales they have.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Something expectantly pleasant. When I re-instated PS+, It also re-instated everything I'd ever added for free during my previous run. I had assumed that once that expired, it was removed and wouldn't be re-added anymore. Not sure what the impact will be on the PS4's library..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Something expectantly pleasant. When I re-instated PS+, It also re-instated everything I'd ever added for free during my previous run. I had assumed that once that expired, it was removed and wouldn't be re-added anymore. Not sure what the impact will be on the PS4's library..
No. That ls how it works. Anything 'claimed' is available as long as you have an active PS+ subscription at the time. Even if it has lapsed at some point in the past. It just has to be active at the time you access something.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote: Controller: I prefer the stick layout of the Xbox One. That's no secret. This is definitely an improvement over the older DualShock Controllers though.
That and the battery. Having to plug in my controller during my Persona game play is driving me nuts. So much better to not deal with charging for a month instead of halfway through a game session. Joystick placement goes without saying. Completely retarded of Sony to stick with an archaic setup from the platform days of consoles. That ended like 15+ years ago. Sony takes forever to figure out they're doing shit wrong (See Spider-Man movies and finally getting help from Marvel). At one point they even somewhat admitted they had a crap layout for their controller but kept it due to "tradition". There's not a poll in the world (unless polling inbreds) that thinks the Joystick layout on the dualshock is superior.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:
Animalor wrote:Something expectantly pleasant. When I re-instated PS+, It also re-instated everything I'd ever added for free during my previous run. I had assumed that once that expired, it was removed and wouldn't be re-added anymore. Not sure what the impact will be on the PS4's library..
No. That ls how it works. Anything 'claimed' is available as long as you have an active PS+ subscription at the time. Even if it has lapsed at some point in the past. It just has to be active at the time you access something.
That's very cool. I has always assumed the opposite. You only got the games while you were a subscriber. Letting it lapse meant you lost access and you would start over next time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nope! As far as I know, anyway. I've been PS+ since day one so I've never had it expire. But from what I've heard while you lose access once your PS+ is no longer active, once it is active again you gain access to the same games you had previously claimed. It all sounds like magic to me!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

After Far Cry Primal I was trying to decide which game to play next. Turns out its The Order 1886. omg I hope I can survive it's horribleness!

(Supposedly an easy Platinum trophy so that's a plus)

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:After Far Cry Primal I was trying to decide which game to play next. Turns out its The Order 1886. omg I hope I can survive it's horribleness!
I survived!

Is this a "horrible" game? It wasn't for me (and the $9 I spent on it). However at times it was frustrating as fuck. Way too much reliance on QTEs. Fuck QTEs!

A few times I thought the mechanics were just unfair. And this was on 'Easy' difficulty. Definitely not worth the original $60 they were asking. It does look pretty but most of the time you are in crowded corridors and don't really get to explore much. Not the game I would recommend to a new PS4 player but one who had been around awhile and finds it for $8 or whatever? Sure. Unless you really hate QTEs then stay far away.

It's hard to give this a score so soon after finishing it but I think a 5.5/10 is fair. But then again I really hate QTEs.
Aslanna wrote:(Supposedly an easy Platinum trophy so that's a plus)
Oh and if they did anything "horrible" it was the collectibles. There is no way to track them so if you don't want to miss any during the first playthrough you will need a guide. This slows your progress down quite a bit. Other than that it was a pretty easy Platinum trophy.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PlayStation 4s are prime for roach infestation, and it happens a lot

Whelp… This is gross.

Roaches love the PlayStation 4. They love all places warm and dark, but the PS4? They’re into that console because of its innards and the size of its vents. They skitter in, make a nice home for themselves and make it harder for your console to, well, play games.

This is such a problem that Kotaku was able to track down console repair folks and talk to them about the issue. They see roach-infested PS4s roughly once a week, and they even have a roach cleaning fee set at $25. Of course, that won’t stop the roaches that actually live in your house. You’ll need to get an exterminator for that.
What can you do to avoid an infestation?

Aside from keeping clean and making sure your neighbors don’t have bugs (good luck if they do and you’re in an apartment, friend), you’ll want to keep your PS4 up high and well ventilated.

Matt Zieminski of IFixit, a console repair company and well-known mobile tear down group, told Kotaku that users don’t normally know their systems are infested. He explained that, “Roaches leave traces… Their poop color is distinct and has a certain smell to it. We kind of know right off the bat if there are poop stains on the vent of the fan—we assume it’s bug-loaded.”

Take a look. Clean up. Move your system. Maybe don’t leave any crumbs on the floor.
Nice design!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Thanks for posting that hard hitting news story... But hey good luck enjoying your shitty OG XBO VCR design with the power brick separate.

Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy those PS4 exclusives that wont stop.

(If you have a roach infested house that's on you!)

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I had this happen to me around 6mo ago. My PS4 and Xbone are about 3ft apart, and they were only in the Xbone. damned neighbors were apparently infected.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:I had this happen to me around 6mo ago. My PS4 and Xbone are about 3ft apart, and they were only in the Xbone. damned neighbors were apparently infected.
Don't tell Aslanna! If it's not positive news, It's not news when it comes to Playstation.

All things being equal, I'll take the console that's not a roach motel.
If you haven’t experienced the problem yourself, you may not know that Sony’s PlayStation 4 is a magnet for cockroaches. While the presence of bugs is enough to make Sony refuse to work on your console, independent repair shops have the process of debugging a PS4 down.
Nice to see Sony ignoring the problem and refuse to work on these consoles.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Boogahz wrote:I had this happen to me around 6mo ago. My PS4 and Xbone are about 3ft apart, and they were only in the Xbone. damned neighbors were apparently infected.
Don't tell Aslanna! If it's not positive news, It's not news when it comes to Playstation.
You might want to read his statement again. It seems you did it wrong. I helped out!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You're ignoring the actual important part that Sony refuses to help with these roach infested consoles.

I think I found an article that shows roaches love Xbox One consoles as well:

Roaches love the Xbox One
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I have two PS4s. Roach free. Along with the rest of the fucking house I live in.

But keep fighting the good fight. Or whatever you think you're doing.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oh, forgot to respond to this particular item:
One thing to note. You can, or will be able to soon, stream PS3/4 games to your PC without owning a Playstation at all.
If you think Sony is going to stream new PS4 games day one you're on crack.

And also since you can play all the Xbox exclusives to PC without owning an Xbox One at all why bother with that?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: If you think Sony is going to stream new PS4 games day one you're on crack.
You know what would have sounded crazy a few years ago? Putting all episodes of a high budget TV series on a streaming service day one to be watched as part of a 9.99/month service. Now it happens on a regular basis.

Sony EASILY could stream games day one at some point. Since that service would have to support windows, Xbox could potentially run it. At that point, you'd want the most powerful console to run your games on for those that don't want to bother with owning a powerful PC.

Software/Services are where you make money (except for a few exceptions like Apple which also makes a lot in services but has insane mark up on their hardware to make money there as well) In Sony's case, trying to wall in it's customers is where they make money. Sony is already making a big push in this direction with their TV service.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's a timely article today related to the topic above:

Michael Pachter Predicts Sony Dominance (With PS4 Pro And PS4) To Be Over In 2019-20
Michael Pachter has offered a new hint at how consoles and gaming will evolve in the next few years. During the latest Pachter Factor, Pachter discussed Sony's dominance in the current generation of consoles, where PlayStation 4 is basically getting the most out of gamers and Xbox One is struggling to even reach half the units PS4 sold.

Michael Pachter has offered a new hint at how consoles and gaming will evolve in the next few years. During the latest Pachter Factor, Pachter discussed Sony's dominance in the current generation of consoles, where PlayStation 4 is basically getting the most out of gamers and Xbox One is struggling to even reach half the units PS4 sold.

Xbox Scorpio vs PS4 Pro

"Console software is gonna move off consoles. So Sony is gonna lose market dominance when you can play Call of Duty without a console, and that’s gonna happen in 2019 or 2020. So in the next 2 to 3 years, you’re gonna have the opportunity to download to your PC and play on your T.V. And in the next 10 years you’re gonna download to your phone and play on your T.V.," Pachter said.

"When that happens, and there’s no reason to buy a console, then the only people who are gonna buy consoles (PlayStations) are the people that wanna play Sony proprietary first party content."

It's a pretty interesting prediction coming from Pachter. Sometimes he described futures that didn't actually happen, but again this is pretty interesting. I understand there's a chance that, at some point, Activision will want to stop providing their own content to third party platforms such as PlayStation, as they have to pay royalties to just stay there. Once a TV screen gets powerful enough for them to stay out of console, they'll probably do that. Same on phones.

Will users gain from this shift? Hopefully yes. Should it turn the current AAA quality model down, it wouldn't be any good for anyone involved in the process.
One important point is about Activision and others not wanting to pay Sony if they don't have to. If there's a delivery method that gets the same quality game to the end user without the middle man, they'll take it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:"Console software is gonna move off consoles. So Sony is gonna lose market dominance when you can play Call of Duty without a console, and that’s gonna happen in 2019 or 2020. So in the next 2 to 3 years, you’re gonna have the opportunity to download to your PC and play on your T.V. And in the next 10 years you’re gonna download to your phone and play on your T.V.," Pachter said.

"When that happens, and there’s no reason to buy a console, then the only people who are gonna buy consoles (PlayStations) are the people that wanna play Sony proprietary first party content."
What if you don't have a PC? Seems like a flaw in his logic!

Basically he gave a good reason not to CURRENTLY buy an Xbox though if you already own a PC.

Having said that... Pachter is an idiot. People can throw darts at a bunch of predictions and be just as right. Didn't he predict the current generation of consoles wouldn't do well?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
What if you don't have a PC? Seems like a flaw in his logic!
You don't need a PC, or a powerful one when you stream a game. The work is done on the server side. Might want to read up on what nVidia is doing lately, and Microsoft, and Amazon, and Sony, etc etc.

That's the whole deal. You won't need expensive hardware to play games that would normally require it. Sony will lose out the the Monster companies like Microsoft, Google and Amazon with massive server capability eventually when that happens.

My cell phone service is now 70 Mbps up 35 Mbps down. Bandwidth won't be a problem with 5G around the corner, capable of ridiculous speeds. Gigabit fiber is already fast enough.'

You'll play full powered, full res games using a pair of AR glasses and whatever controller they dream up to go with it. (Xbox style because I can't see any new company choosing Sony's ancient design and also hopefully not Sony's battery strategy)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:You don't need a PC, or a powerful one when you stream a game. The work is done on the server side. Might want to read up on what nVidia is doing lately, and Microsoft, and Amazon, and Sony, etc etc.
I am aware of how game streaming works. I was going by his quote.. I even bolded it for your reading pleasure.
So in the next 2 to 3 years, you’re gonna have the opportunity to download to your PC and play on your T.V.
So in his scenario then yes you do need a PC since he clearly states "download to your PC". Read what you paste if you want people to actually respond on topic. You know.. The opposite of what you do.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:You don't need a PC, or a powerful one when you stream a game. The work is done on the server side. Might want to read up on what nVidia is doing lately, and Microsoft, and Amazon, and Sony, etc etc.
I am aware of how game streaming works. I was going by his quote.. I even bolded it for your reading pleasure.
So in the next 2 to 3 years, you’re gonna have the opportunity to download to your PC and play on your T.V.
So in his scenario then yes you do need a PC since he clearly states "download to your PC". Read what you paste if you want people to actually respond on topic. You know.. The opposite of what you do.
Download to your PC but play on your TV. So if your phone is fast enough you'll just download to your Phone. PC is used to download, not for it's processing power. I just threw in that you'll eventually be playing games using AR glasses as much as a static screen TV display.

Give TVs an SSD drive and you won't need a PC at all with streaming soon.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Really not sure what this has to do with PS4 but ok.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Couple of non flame-bait comments:

PS4 Remote play on PC works REALLY well. As well as the Xbox One Streaming.

Also, I love Uncharted so much. Can't really put a finger on what puts it over the top for me vs Tomb Raider but damn I love this series.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I haven't tried the PS4 PC Remote Play yet. That would actually come in handy for games where I am trying to follow a guide since my computer isn't in the same room as the console so I always have to go back and forth. I will look into that and give it a try. Having things going on both monitors would be nice.

Uncharted is pretty good but has some frustrating aspects as well but you could say that about most games. I have platinumed all 4 main Uncharted titles so I talk from personal experience.

I did pick up the Nathan Drake Collection for PS4 but just not sure I can put myself through that again. Some of the encounters on Crushing were super frustrating. A church courtyard comes to mind as well as when you down your plane. Those were from U1 I believe. I also remember (from U2?) a bridge you had to get across with 2 towers at the end filled with snipers that one-shot you as well as big heavy armored dudes that rush you. Then there's the ship ballroom in U3 as well as the part with the teleporting dudes. Ugh just thinking about all that is giving me anxiety. Also the boss fight of U2 is beyond dumb. Not so much frustrating as it is tedious since all you have to do is keep running around in a circle. I suppose I could not go for 100% but what's the fun in that!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sony’s latest sales numbers for the PlayStation 4 bring the console up to 60 million units shipped worldwide, the company announced today.
60 million!

Yeah, Pachter.. Consoles sure are dead. It figures Winnow is still posting quotes by him.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Good time to sell! This is the peak. I won't bother posting links (there's a ton of them), but all articles say playstation sales to slow.

The rest of Sony is doing shitty so it will be interesting if Sony announces yet ANOTHER fat pig, maybe a quad decker console since they've already added the third layer, slim, white/red, new playstation model at E3.

My guess is the blockbuster news is that they've added an HD Blu Ray player that the dirt cheap 360 S model already has, and before anyone can boo they'll crank up the orchestra. That or they'll announce a roach resistant model and everyone will upgrade.

Sony is stuck with 1 million people having crap PSVR. It sold well but Microsoft's solution will be much more powerful, even if it's the current PC models of Vive/Rift (along with their own Hololens). Sony will have to abandon those that bought the PSVR with its stupid snow cone ancient tracking tech and super low resolution or be forced to try and gimp new stuff so it can also run on that horrible system.

I see troubles and fragmentation ahead for Sony. Xbox One got off to a slow start, but all of Microsoft's recent moves have been better than Sony's. (PS4 slim vs Xbox One S), (Scorpio vs PS4 "Pro") , better controller and better elite first party controller, better plan for VR. Sony should have held off on their "Pro"...lol pro, model. It's half assed and wasn't needed.

Both companies revenue for their gaming divisions is up, but the rest of Microsoft also is up to the tune of 23B last quarter compared to Sony's 13B for an entire year with losses in the majority of it's divisions.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The Order:1886 $4 on PSN this week. Not the greatest game but.. .$4!

God of War 3 Remastered for $6 as well.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:If you liked the original Red Dead, Scorpio will be the platform to get Red Dead Redemption 2 next holiday. It will be the new benchmark for console games and will take advantage of the power Scorpio provides and unfortunately won't be available on PC at least at release.
Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to spring 2018
Oh nooooo. That's such a shame. I guess Scorpio wont be the platform to get RDR2 on since it wont be out over the holidays.

Not sure why anyone thought that would be the case anyway since Sony and RSG (or at least TT) are in cahoots.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

They probably can't get the game to run decent on the "Pro". Lets see if Sony announces yet another console at E3. "Le Pro +"
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

63+ million!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS4 expands its sales lead, now 71% of “two-console” market with Xbox One

New statements from Electronic Arts suggest that Sony's PlayStation 4 has sold 2.5 times as many consoles as Microsoft's Xbox One through the end of 2017, with Sony now controlling over 70 percent of the "two-console" market worldwide.
71%!

Also, I would second the Remote Play comment. I primarily play games via Remote Play on my PC these days. I'm using wired networking so I can't comment on how well it may work over wireless. Wireless sucks!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony is skipping E3 in 2019

The company also decided against running PlayStation Experience this year.

Sony is skipping E3 next year. It won't hold a PlayStation keynote, or appear at the event at all, it confirmed to Engadget.

"As the industry evolves, Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to look for inventive opportunities to engage the community," it said in a statement. "PlayStation fans mean the world to us and we always want to innovate, think differently and experiment with new ways to delight gamers. As a result, we have decided not to participate in E3 in 2019. We are exploring new and familiar ways to engage our community in 2019 and can't wait to share our plans with you."

At E3 this year, Sony decided to focus on showcasing a few major PS4 titles at its keynote, with few announcements about new games. Only one of those games, Spider-Man, has since been released, while the others (The Last of Us: Part II, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima) don't yet have release dates and seem unlikely to hit shelves until after E3 next year. The company's approach to E3 has certainly evolved in recent years -- it didn't showcase any indie games at its 2017 press conference either.
Not surprising considering how fucking awful their last attempt was and the lame ass orchestra before that. They'd have to resort to mimes to top their past performances. Enjoy your peak, it's downhill from here! Even the loyalist playstation fanbois have had enough of their shenanigans. They couldn't be more out of touch with what gamers want to see at these events. They got lucky on how dumb the average gamer is this generation that thought Microsoft was doing something bad by pushing online. They can't go fuck themselves fast enough IMO.

-non biased opinion!

PS. I finally got my playstation lawsuit check for Sony taking away linux. Thx!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sony got tired of winning E3 year after year so maybe now Microsoft will stand a chance despite their lame insistence on saying "XBOX and WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE" on everything they show. Honestly MS should be embarrassed by that.

On a serious note, E3 has become less relevant every year, or at least less exciting, when it comes to press conferences. Half the announcements now come before E3 officially starts. It was cool when they are all on Mon and it actually felt like an event now everything is spread out over multiple days.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Sony got tired of winning E3 year after year so maybe now Microsoft will stand a chance despite their lame insistence on saying "XBOX and WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE" on everything they show. Honestly MS should be embarrassed by that.

On a serious note, E3 has become less relevant every year, or at least less exciting, when it comes to press conferences. Half the announcements now come before E3 officially starts. It was cool when they are all on Mon and it actually felt like an event now everything is spread out over multiple days.
Microsoft is doing the right thing pushing multiplatform. It's disgusting how many game are mobile only now (just look at the recent Diablo Blizzard fiasco). I played Aion (MMORPG) for a few years and was looking forward to the sequel....but it's mobile only.

I'm not sure what Sony has planned but it better include some sort of mobile device. Lives center around phones now, not PCs and consoles. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time now and Sony is still struggling with simple cross platform issues. Microsoft's Game Pass is a proven success on the console and it will be more so on the PC. Sony is still under the impression that people want to own hard copies, like people owned records, cassettes and CDs...remember those days?

It would be nice if another company besides Facebook/Oculus put out a decent wireless VR headset. In the meantime Oculus Scout next Spring is the VR device to get.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I don't know, I agree Sony has to get with the times on some stuff. Cross platform play is one of those things, although it doesn't matter to me as I don't ever have issues finding matches in games I play, and my friends all play on the same console as me. Infrastructure is another thing, download speeds have always been slower through PSN than Xbox Live, the name changing thing on PSN is a total fucking abortion of shitty infrastructure planning/poor architecture. And while it's not something I will use, they need to get a game pass type thing going.

I don't agree that mobile has to be part of it. I use my phone for Youtube videos, texting, and light web browsing. I don't use apps for the most part and opt for the mobile site instead; I certainly don't play games on it. And I think there is still a demographic that is plenty big that also prefers to play on a dedicated console.

I did see someone on the subway in NYC a few weeks back with a tablet in their lap and an Xbox controller playing something on the train. No thanks! I guess being as I work from home though, I never even have a situation arise where I might want to do that.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: I don't agree that mobile has to be part of it. I use my phone for Youtube videos, texting, and light web browsing. I don't use apps for the most part and opt for the mobile site instead; I certainly don't play games on it. And I think there is still a demographic that is plenty big that also prefers to play on a dedicated console.
While I'm not big on playing mobile games on my phone, I do play multiple mobile games on an Android Emulator (mostly Bluestacks emulator, sometimes Nox emulator) I play them because they are very good games. I can't see them well on my phone but they look very good blown up on my TV.

While you, and I'd bet most of the EQ aged people on this site aren't big on phone games, it's undeniable that the younger generations are big on them. They can't be ignored. It's sad for me to fina an interesting game and then see mobile only. Emulators help though! With the processing power (especially the new Apple phones which dominate the latest Samsung processors) phones are capable of very nice graphics.

Infrastructure will always favor Microsoft. They have a huge presence in the cloud. I can actually take advantage of my gigabit internet connection when I download from them. They also are extremely "rich" with a monster amounts of cash on hand to do what they want.

Xbox Boss Promises 'A Lot to Share' At E3 2019 Following PlayStation Pulling Out

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11/16 ... l-spencer/

Sony really has nothing new to show it seems so makes sense they skip but that's not a good thing for fans that want to see something to get excited about. They would have shown the same games from last year that still haven't been released. Should be a very good year for Xbox.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

For the IOS users out there:
An app called “PS4 Remote Play” is now available for iOS as a free download, giving you the ability to stream PlayStation 4 content to your phone or tablet. Rather than use physical controller inputs as you would on the Vita or a DualShock 4 controller, the iOS app makes use of virtual controls, allowing you to play your favorite PlayStation 4 games wherever you happen to be. The app also enables voice chat with other players via your device’s built-in microphone, and you can even send text to your console by typing. A similar feature was previously released for the Sony Xperia Z3 lineup.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Better than nothing I guess.. But with no Dualshock 4 support it's close to pointless other than to just connect and do basic things.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The PS4’s future is PlayStation VR

Sony better come strong with a quality VR headset for next generation. It's nice that they have VR this gen but their current offering is crap compared to the latest headsets.

I think Microsoft and Google Stadia will be able offer high level VR experiences because the system requirements are offloaded to the cloud so you just need a VR headset with nice high res screen(s). If Sony is relying on their next console, they may be left in the dust compared to the upscaling (to 8K) Stadia offerings. One thing is for sure, Sony's next VR headset and controller will have uneccessary bright blue lights all over them!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

EA Access is now on PS4... If that's something you may be interested in. I'm not one of those people. Other than Burnout Paradise Remastered I can't remember the last EA game I bought. But if you play a lot of EA games it's probably worth the $30 a year.

But hey... At least you finally have the option. It should have been there the same time as on Xbox but better late than never.

(PS: Still rocking Remote Play. I can't remember the last time I played a game using my TV. Other than AC Liberation (bad game!) that had what seemed like a bug where I couldn't sprint over Remote Play and had to actually use the TV for some reason. Very odd!)

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sony is selling some paddle gizmo for $30. Maybe an indication that PS5 will have paddles like the X-Box Elite controller has. $30 kind of spendy for an attachment.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/17/210 ... ry-paddles
That actually seems kind of useful depending on the quality of it. I agree $30 MSRP is high due to being over-engineered. Did it really need the OLED? It seems like that could have been done via software on the console. However if you use the controller elsewhere, such as with Steam or (maybe) Remote Play then you wouldn't be able to map them so... I get where they are coming from.

But it's something I could see myself purchasing one day if I see it for $20. I can't stand using L3 and R3 especially for things like sprinting or reloading.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'll absolutely pick one up. I love the Xbox Elite controller, and have wanted buttons/paddles on the back for the PS4, and I just haven't been able to get myself to dish out the money for a Scuf controller when it seems like they are nowhere near the build quality of an Elite controller and don't last long. The price for this attachment might be a bit steep at 30, but it's worth it. If for no other reason, I also hate L3/R3 shit so it would be a good alternative to that.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'll wait on reviews first. If it's decent build quality then it would be worth it but if it's something flimsy that will break in 6 months.. Not so much.

--