4 How I Met Your Mother
5 Breaking Bad
6 The Walking Dead
7 Homeland
8 House
9 Fringe
10 Revolution

Gathered from bit torrent data.

Not a bad list. Wasn't impressed with the first episode of Revolution. Has it gotten better? I've never seen an episode of House or Fringe. Heard plenty of recommendations for Homeland. I already watch the top six.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: 2012 People/Pirate TV Choice Awards

Post by Zaelath »

Revolution would be a great show if you had the education of the cast of Jersey Shore.

You should love it ;)

The story is engaging in the perfect way for it to be cancelled early; since it's all based on wanting to know the history/resolution of the story without the characters being that interesting.

The science makes me want to give the writers a copy of "Physics for Dummies", I've seen harder sci-fi in Bugs Bunny cartoons.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I watched the first two episodes of Revolution. Man, it was difficult to get through. Pretty much what you can expect from anything network TV shits out. I still do not get why people like Big Bang Theory. I tried to watch that crap as well. Annoying characters and a clap track. No thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Big Bang Theory is crap. Like you I also wonder wtf people watch it much less think it's awesome.

Homeland is decent although I think Danes cries too much. I also wonder how long they can go with Brody as one of the main characters.
1 Game of Thrones
2 Dexter
3 Big Bang Theory
4 How I Met Your Mother
5 Breaking Bad
6 The Walking Dead
7 Homeland
8 House
9 Fringe
10 Revolution
1. Good
2. Declining. Luckily the run is almost over
3. Crap
4. Never watched it
5. Walt was better when he wasn't a villain
6. Zombie crap. No thanks. Almost as bad as vampires.
7. Thumbs up. For now.
8. Overall a good show. No longer around.
9. I watched like the first two episodes and didn't like it. Is it over yet? Hope so!
10. Zero interest in this show
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

What dipshits download network television shows? I still Hulu my NBC comedies. And anyone who likes any CBS show is a piece of shit. There has never been a good CBS show in the history of ever. Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, and everything else that's in syndication are the worst.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Zamtuk wrote:What dipshits download network television shows? I still Hulu my NBC comedies.
Hey now! I do. But that's because I watch them on my computer most of the time. It's nice having the commercials already cut out.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zamtuk wrote:What dipshits download network television shows? I still Hulu my NBC comedies. And anyone who likes any CBS show is a piece of shit. There has never been a good CBS show in the history of ever. Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, and everything else that's in syndication are the worst.
I download everything I watch off the newsgroups. Super fast downloads in HD and no commercials. HULU blows ass. Commercials plus it doesn't even have all the back seasons. What good is it if it has the last few episodes of Modern Family for example if you want to start from the beginning? Regular cable blows as well , even with a DVR to speed through commercials. At the moment I pay for cable TV (due to NFL season which is near it's end). Not worth the time to actually watch shows live or even recorded when commercial free versions are available usually before they even broadcast on the west coast.

Big Bang Theory does not suck. The fake laughter bothers me but you get that on most comedy sitcoms.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:Big Bang Theory does not suck.
Actually, it does.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Spang wrote:
Winnow wrote:Big Bang Theory does not suck.
Actually, it does.
Crap, it is.

-Yoda and pretty much everyone else.
en kærlighed småkager
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Zamtuk wrote:What dipshits download network television shows? I still Hulu my NBC comedies.
Hulu and NBC aren't available outside the US so that's probably why.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I've seen Big Bang theory a few times and didn't think it was funny at all. How I Met Your Mother is hilarious, it would take someone with a really shitty sense of humor not to see the comedic value of Neil Patrick Harris playing a womanizer so convincingly.

I download the show because we don't have tv. And if I wanted to even get a network channel, I'd need to get a antenna, my tv doesn't pick them up that well. And even then, I'd have to be home to watch it, and not be able to share the shows with others. I think zamtuk woke up on the douchebag side of the bed.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

The Big Bang Theory doesn't have an actual laugh track. It's "enhanced" audio of the live studio audience.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Boogahz wrote:The Big Bang Theory doesn't have an actual laugh track. It's "enhanced" audio of the live studio audience.
Not sure how this makes it less stupid. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:The Big Bang Theory doesn't have an actual laugh track. It's "enhanced" audio of the live studio audience.

It's enhanced poorly then.

Still enjoy the show. I withhold judgement on anything past season 3 since I haven't seen the episodes yet.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Scientists Confirm That Blocking Pirate Sites Does Absolutely Nothing

Gizmodo UK

A team of scientists have finally bothered to do a study, crunch the numbers, and come to the same conclusion as everyone else - blocking pirate sites does nothing to stop piracy.

Researchers from Boston Northeastern University carried out a study to determine how effective various anti-piracy strategies were, including blockades and censorship. By monitoring thousands of files, across various file-hosting services, the researchers tracked the availability of pirated media. They discovered that takedown notices, which Big Media fires out willy-nilly, basically do nothing to reduce the availability of copyrighted material.

Also, their research pinpointed an actual uptick in pirated media available on various file-hosting sites after MegaUpload got shut down, which is exactly what we've assumed before. In fact, there are something like 10,000 different domains hosting pirated content, spread over 5,000 separate IP addresses across the internet - you're never going to kill them all.
http://gizmodo.com/5974156/scientists-c ... ly-nothing

Looks like you'll have no trouble finding those commercial free TV episodes out there if you want them.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Well I guess they do have a live audience! It's nice to see they have fun with their show. Flash mobbed their live audience:

http://youtu.be/JdLvUkLW5Jk
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The latest Big Bang Theory (Bakersfield Expedition) is great

Specifically Star Trek and Comic Book Nerdiness galore in this episode. You can watch it here:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/

Comic Shop scene and highway coffee shop scene are highlights!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Like ASIP Big Bang has funny moments but isn't funny enough to actually watch more than one episode. Just dumb IMO.

The rest of the list I've never heard of or don't like what little I've seen.

I keep finding good stuff on netflix though it's tapering off quite sharply. I've easily watched more stuff since I've had it that in the preceding 10 years.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

If the people who pirate these shows are anything like Winnow, they will eventually pay full price for the shows they like.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.