Hello!

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Dula Allazaward
Gets Around
Gets Around

Hello!

Post by Dula Allazaward »

It has been a very long time since I even thought about this website. I noticed some very familiar names still trolling this board and wanted to say hello!

My son has talked me into playing EQ again and we have started Azure Guard back up on project 1999. :shock:

What has everyone been up to in the past 6 years?

Dula Allazaward
Leader of Azure Guard
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Hello!

Post by Leonaerd »

Hi! Stay awhile.

:smilecolros:
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

And listen.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Stay a while, stay forever...
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Who?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Heya Dula

You're the first person (returning or otherwise) this board has seen in years. If Veeshanvault was part of the Earth, it would be the Galapagos Islands. Completely isolated where nothing gets in or out, with tons of inbreeding. We think kyoukan's half sister is also her mother. It would explain a lot.

There are some people here that are trapped in a time vortex and still play WoW. Somehow, their internet is filtered and can't see anything beyond 2004. Their PCs still have 1.44" Floppy drives.

One way or another, something bad is going to happen. You'll either catch a rare disease here or wipe out the colony by bringing in new ideas or ludicrous thoughts. Word has it that other forums can actually embed YouTube videos in their posts. I think it's just crazy talk but word has it that bandwidth is measured in Megabits per second now and can handle that sort of thing.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

#-o
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I caught the "Impossible Mission" reference!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I caught the "Impossible Mission" reference!
You may have caught something, but it wasn't a reference.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Oh no, you guys already scared her away.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I caught the "Impossible Mission" reference!
Good boy :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Winnow wrote:Heya Dula

You're the first person (returning or otherwise) this board has seen in years. If Veeshanvault was part of the Earth, it would be the Galapagos Islands. Completely isolated where nothing gets in or out, with tons of inbreeding. We think kyoukan's half sister is also her mother. It would explain a lot.

There are some people here that are trapped in a time vortex and still play WoW. Somehow, their internet is filtered and can't see anything beyond 2004. Their PCs still have 1.44" Floppy drives.

One way or another, something bad is going to happen. You'll either catch a rare disease here or wipe out the colony by bringing in new ideas or ludicrous thoughts. Word has it that other forums can actually embed YouTube videos in their posts. I think it's just crazy talk but word has it that bandwidth is measured in Megabits per second now and can handle that sort of thing.
ROFL... not sure everyone still has 1.44 floppy's.. but Ill be damn sure that most of them still have CD drives...

Im on my 3rd computer in a row without some sort of diskdrive... Im better than you all!!!!!!
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Project 1999? Why would somebody create a "Project" for the current year? That's crazy. Next year I will start "Project 2000" -- that'll be so clever!

BTW - DAE think the world is going to end this year?

Edit: Somebody fix the date on the server. It keeps saying 2012 for some reason.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That made my head hurt.

Anyway, EQ is free to play (sorta) so why even mess with Project 1999!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Aslanna wrote:That made my head hurt.

Anyway, EQ is free to play (sorta) so why even mess with Project 1999!

It's an attempt to make a true, classic, progression server. It had dmg tables, drops, etc scaled back to release levels (with some of the serious issues fixed) and last I saw it was in Kunark. If I remember correctly, they will slowly release through either velious or PoP then not release any other expansions.

Also, I think boxing was eliminated or limited. I mix up this server with another one sometimes, but it was either no boxing, or only 1 box per person.

Live EQ has progression servers (they are past GoD now I think), but it was plagued by OP weapons, updated damage tables (monk fists better than all weapons until late PoP), and other issues. SK HT could be used to insta gib bosses less than a second after they spawned. I actually played it for a bit, and I watched Trakanon spawn midair in his room, and was dead before he touched the ground. Also, you DO have to pay for progression servers.
Dula Allazaward
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dula Allazaward »

I have logged Dula on live and actually ran into a couple of people that are still playing. I honestly do not want to commit to paying a monthly fee right now to play and you are very limited in what items you can use on live. A lot of the clickies do not even work unless you are a subscriber. But it is nice to communicate with some old friends if nothing else.

Anyway...glad you are all doing well. I may pop in more often....it takes a lot to scare me!

Dula Allazaward
Leader of Azure Guard
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Sup
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It’s been an exciting year for Project 1999 and we have some exciting news we’ve been really anxious to share with all of you. As some of you may be aware, in the past there has been both confusion and concern over the status of Project 1999. We have recently entered into a written agreement with Daybreak Game Company LLC that formally recognizes Project 1999 as a fan based, not-for-profit, classic EverQuest emulation project. The agreement establishes the guidelines that we as a project must follow, but it will allow to us continue to update the game without risk of legal repercussions. As a show of good faith to support the efforts of Daybreak Games, we have decided to reschedule our expansion release as to not conflict with the upcoming new progression server being released in the coming weeks. We would like to personally thank all the folks at Daybreak and acknowledge how awesome it is for a company to work with and embrace the creations of their fans. This is really something that’s unique in the gaming industry.
I guess that's sort of cool. A lot of companies (Hi Blizzard!) would have just sent a Cease & Desist letter.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--