What Does Mists of Pandaria offer?

WoW Discussion
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: What Does Mists of Pandaria offer?

Post by Spang »

I get Rejuvenation. More Symbiosis, please.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Last night I knocked out a scenerio and downed Sha in a guild group. Sha was fun but easy (nice epic boots, thanks Sha!) but the scenerio I did was easy as fuck. I've heard a tank or healer makes those easier but damn, I could've soloed that shit. At one time I had a dozen mobs on me and I never dropped below 3/4 health. I wish scenerios were harder.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I recently did the Theramore scenario. It was me, a hunter and a death knight. One of those two dudes died during the second pull and they both left. I soloed the rest. Fun times.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote:I recently did the Theramore scenario. It was me, a hunter and a death knight. One of those two dudes died during the second pull and they both left. I soloed the rest. Fun times.
How... How is that even possible? Granted, this is coming from my viewpoint as a Bear and not a dps class, but I'm not even close to being well geared at this time (ilvl 431) so that can't be the difference. I have an insane amount of cooldowns and tricks up my sleeve to keep me alive when the shit hits the fan but I never had to use a single one so that can't be it either.

Maybe I'll try one Cat specced and see if that makes any difference at all?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Spang wrote:I recently did the Theramore scenario. It was me, a hunter and a death knight. One of those two dudes died during the second pull and they both left. I soloed the rest. Fun times.
How... How is that even possible?
I have a tank pet that never loses agro, that I can heal while dishing out the damage. I can also heal myself. I'd like to think that the warlock is the best soloing class in the game, at least with me at the keys.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Pet battles are way too addictive. I've had to force myself to stop. But those little green paws.. they're everywhere.. enticing me.. taunting me..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I will consider myself "finished" with pet battles when I have 3 of every type of pet at max level. FYI, I am nowhere close to this goal.

Yeah, it is pretty fun!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Once I get my warlock to 90 (2 more levels!) I'll probably start doing more pet battles. It's either that or grind faction which I've never been a fan of. I'm too burned out on the quests to level up another toon right now, and the warlock fits anyway. Let's me be lazy. 'Yo pet, go kill.'

The one thing I am debating on however is a tank, probably a prot warrior.. and then I'm also considering inscription or alchemy. Leaning towards alchemy as it seems the most personally beneficial over time.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent is now my preferred mode of transportation.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Is that the one you get from killing that red dragon in uh.. the central area of Pandaria with the temples? Name fart right now..
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Alani? Yes.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

As a recently reactivated player, I'll make a list of the things MoP added:

1. A functional and robust LFG system for dungeons, with a gear check barrier to Heroics/Raids that keeps out the asslings who've put absolutely zero effort beyond getting to 90.

2. Flex raids, for people that can't schedule their life around a guild raiding schedule, but desire more challenging content then the LFR provides. Heroic raids for people who are so hardcore that LFR, Flex, and normal raiding weren't enough.

3. A huge variety of quest hubs, and they're not all just a dozen crappy dailies.

4. As MoP has gotten longer in the tooth, they've made gearing up for raiding super easy with the addition of the Timeless Isle. If you go there as a fresh 90, you will leave with several pieces of gear with appropriate stats for your class/spec of sufficient ilevel to at least get you eligible for LFG Heroics, and probably the initial LFR too.

5. Transmogrification. Are you still pissed that your pally doesn't look as cool as he did decked out in T2? Well, now you can make current gear look like pretty much whatever you want.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Best expansion yet. They showed a lot of promise for pushing out content during the first 6-8 months, but it's petered out to nothing just like always. I'm really looking forward to the new expansion.

I switched my druid from feral to Moonkin and I kind of regret it. Melee have such a crazy advantage over casting the majority of the time in terms of raw DPS that it is pretty frustrating. Also, it's much easier to gear a fresh 90 character than it is to swap specs at some point while level 90.

My Shaman is Resto and my Priest is Holy. Healing is really fun in this game and I'm considering switching my Moonkin to Resto as well.

I'm getting the Diablo 3 Reaper expansion SE so I'll have a new pet for WoW, icons for StarCraft, and cards for Hearthstone!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The progression of WoW Expansions
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I would rank them:

1-Mists of Pandaria
2-Wrath of the Lich King
3-Burning Crusade
4-Cataclysm

I really enjoyed every expansion for different reasons. The overall lore/story for each one was worth experiencing.

I know next to nothing about the upcoming expansion, but I still look forward to it. The first 2-3 months after an expansion is released is probably my favorite part of playing WoW. That first week post expansion is always the greatest time to play. Old faces pop up, online guildies go through the roof, and everyone is working together to level and discover all over again for the first time in new content. Also, by the time a new expansion is released, everyone is content starved. It's like throwing a steak into a pack of starving dogs.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I thought Burning Crusade was an awful expansion. I enjoyed Cataclysm the most. Pandaria second, Lich King third.