Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

Post by Hesten »

I just recommended a young coworker to try out the good old classic, Jagged Alliance 2.
And of course I had to go play it again myself, and heard about the 1.13 patch, so decided to test that one out.

And DAMN, thats one of the most amazing mods I have seen. New AI, new aiming system, new resolution, new animations, 8 gazillion new weapons, new mercs, and so on.

I'm gonna start over again for the 3rd time soon, to test out some new merc setup, but this really is amazing, and if you enjoyed Jagged Alliance 2, dig it up again and get the 1.13 patch :).

Oh, and do not, repeat, NOT, take Drassen as the first town...the counterattack promised in JA2 that never came DO show up now...and your 4-6 mercs with guns and maybe a rifle WILL get a severe assraping from the 80+ enemies that show up to take back the town :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

Post by kyoukan »

Jagged Alliance 2 is still the best, and the 1.13 fan patch is amazing. Stuff like that is why PC gaming will always be superior to console gaming.

My endgame squad is always my custom, Gus, Raven, Magic, Fox (Medic and a good shot) and usually some starter merc I have trained up from the start like Grunty.

Raven is my favorite merc though.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

kyoukan wrote:Jagged Alliance 2 is still the best, and the 1.13 fan patch is amazing. Stuff like that is why PC gaming will always be superior to console gaming.

My endgame squad is always my custom, Gus, Raven, Magic, Fox (Medic and a good shot) and usually some starter merc I have trained up from the start like Grunty.

Raven is my favorite merc though.

I dont think i ever used Raven.
My usual squad is custom, Ivan, Igor, Fidel, Buns, Scope, Fox, Wolf, Gasket, and the ones you get along the way.
I MIGHt get one or two more, depending on cash flow, but thats my usual setup :)
This time around, im giving Meltdown a try, and possibly Grunty too, because im on medium difficulty, and short on start money :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Grunty is fun to squad with Buns because he has a huge crush on her. He will fall apart if she gets wounded though.

You should give Raven a try. She has great lines and she's auto weapons and stealth I think. Sneaking her around with a light machine gun and bursting fuckers on full auto is great. I've cleared whole maps with her. She's a great spotter for Gus and his mortar as well. She is married to Raider and will get morale boosts and better accuracy if they are together on the same map.

I forgot about Ivan. I take him with me too. And I like to keep Steroid around because he's cheap and can repair stuff really fast.