***Spoiler Alert*** NFL 2012

What do you think about the sports world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

***Spoiler Alert*** NFL 2012

Post by Winnow »

Avert your eyes if you don't want to know what's going to happen in the upcoming NFL season! Feel free to post your own. (all stats Fantasy Football related)

-------------------------------------------------

- Matt Ryan finishes the year as one of the top 4 QBs (Yards/TDs)

- Cam Newton finishes out of the top ten

- Larry Fitzgerald posts great stats no matter who the QB is in AZ and no matter what Jice says again

- Tampa Bay makes the playoffs

- Brandon Lloyd will end the year in the top 5 WRs

- Doug Martin posts better stats than Trent Richardson

- You will know who Rob Housler is by the end of the year

- The Jets will suck ass and people will finally be bored of Tim Tebow by the end of the year

- Ryan Matthews ends the year the #1 RB in the league

- Atlanta beats Buffalo in the Super Bowl

----------------------------------------------------

Post your top ten spoilers. I made mine before the first preseason weekend games! (HoF game doesn't count)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** NFL 2012

Post by Canelek »

Nice!

- Cleveland wins both games versus Cinci, but finishes 3-13

- Tebow saying "fuck!" is caught on a sideline microphone--media frenzy lasts the rest of the season, and offseason, and, and....

- Kyle MOTHERFUCKING Orton takes over for an injured Romo before their bye week. Orton plays so well, a "OMGQBCONTROVERSY!!11" ensues

- The top 3 rookie WRs perform poorly or are injured, while the top 3 RBs find themselves among the leaders of total yards and carries (draft picks, that is)

- Blaine Gabbert is benched after a week 7 debacle

- The Colts start 5-0, but lose 10 of their next 11

- Terrell Owens finishes the season with 85-90 receptions and wins comeback player of the year

- Reggie Bush sets new total yardage record

- Travis Henry continues to be unemployed, much to the chagrin of the 9 mothers, whom he owes child support

- The Seahawks, surprising EVERYONE, win their division and are favored in the division round
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I guess its predictions time again? Feel free to embaress yourselves like I am about to:

NFC Divison Winners
Packers
San Francisco
Eagles
Falcons
Wild Cards
New York
Chicago (shaky on this, it could be the Seahawks)

AFC Division Winners
Patriots
Ravens
Texans
Denver
Wild Cards
Cleveland
San Diego

Playoff predictions:
Packers get blown out in round 2 of the playoffs after a bye again by San Francisco who then go on to beat the Ravens in the Superbowl
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I'd love to see KYLE MOTHERFUCKING ORTON get a lot of snaps in Dallas.
I'd also like to see Tebow grow into a NFL calibre quarterfullback.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Personally, I'd like to see both Dallas and SF fail and fail HARD. So sick of the fans. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I'm actually giddy for tonight. I hope the Giants slaughter the cowboys. (small fantasy football bias included in this statement)
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think I'm looking at some strange football to occur:

NFC
Pack
Niners
Eagles
Falcons
Wildcardo:
giants
bears

AFC
Steelers
Pats
Broncos
Titans
Wildcardo:
ravens
bills
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Man, I see Eagles picked for the division all over the place. Not so sure Nick Foles can pull that coming off the bench in Week 3 after Vick gets hurt. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Chemistry in super teams generally takes a year to come together (note to Snyder) so this is the year they either make a run or fail. Defense can also carry you past major injuries in your offense, which the Eagles have in spades. Also, the NFC East is a lot like the NFC South in that no team wins it two years in a row. Finally, the Giants (like the Packers two years prior) were a mid range team in a shit division that got hot at the right time. It is unlikely that they will be able to sustain that into this season, especially with the current grumblings on the team and the historical trends of that division in general. In any case, I suspect the Eagles will be one and done because no one in that divisions has been able to push deep into the playoffs (aside from the G Men) since Jones bought his string of Superbowls.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

True, and I really do not follow NFC teams too closely. But, it just doesn't sit with me. I guess I'll have to revisit my feelings on this in a few weeks.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here is where I would normally post how underrated the Cardinals are but their QB situation is so laughable right now, I can't. Unless is wasn't a fluke that Skelton went went 5-2 last year as a starter (6-2 if you count replacing Kolb after he went down early one game), the QB position needs help. Add to that some serious O-Line issues and I can't say with confidence that they'd be anything more than a 9-7 team at the very best and 5-11 if things really fall apart on offense. If Skelton turns out to be some sort of Joe Flacco type QB that just wins, things could end up better than I expect.

Beanie is solid when healthy and this year Ryan Williams is a legitimate contender to RBBC with Wells to help keep the running game more consistent and fill in for when Beanie eventually goes down for games. Ryan Williams is (was) pretty bad ass before his kneecap ended up in his thigh last preseason.

Defense is solid and the stats showed it last year, second half. The D has gotten better if anything over the off season.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Well, the Cards did not exactly play a lot of top end offenses the second half of the year and no one had to run up the score on them to beat them. In fact, you could pretty much call off the dogs after three scores and send in the bench warmers in most games. They are on a two year plan and its going to take them about that long to straighten out their offensive line. They will be lucky to pull down five wins this season and then only because they get to play the Rams twice. If they can keep their nucleus together for three more years they may have a credible shot at making a run at that point, but right now they just plain have too much reworking of their roster to do.

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:They will be lucky to pull down five wins this season and then only because they get to play the Rams twice. If they can keep their nucleus together for three more years they may have a credible shot at making a run at that point, but right now they just plain have too much reworking of their roster to do.
QB yes, O-Line YES but I disagree with the Defense or special teams needing any major work.

I don't think they have a chance against the top teams. Expect another huge blowout when they play New England.

I guess you don't recall that the Cardinals went 7-2 to end the season and most of their loses at the beginning of the year were within 3 points.

Early Losses:

2 at Washington Redskins L 21–22
3 at Seattle Seahawks L 10–13
4 New York Giants L 27–31
8 at Baltimore Ravens L 27–30

They had the lead in all 4 of those games late in the game. Not sure when the teams put in their second stringers. Would seem kind of odd when they're losing.

Top 5 defense as well 2nd half of the season.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Might be thinking of two years ago. All the suck tends to blur together. But dropping close games in which you had the lead against teams with mediocre offenses is not exactly the hallmark of quality Defense, either. And until they can sustain prolonged drives, it does not matter how good their defense is because they will be on the field too long. Packers had similar issues last two years amplifying how bad their D was because the Offense scored too fast and they got no real rest between series. Fortunately for the Cards it looks like they are leaning more toward running the ball in the forseable future, which is good considering their QB situation. Their interior line needs to get better, though, if they ever plan on taking down San Fran.

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Took me a while to complete this between my fits of laughter from someone picking the Browns in the playoffs....

AFC division winners:
Patriots
Steelers
Broncos
Houston

wild cards:
Ravens
Bills

NFC division winners:
Cowboys
Packers
Falcons
49ers

wild cards:
Saints
Eagles

Norv Turner will finally be fired.

Big Ben will not be in the news for any sexually related activity.

Arizona QB's will suck the life out of Fitzgerald and he will be suspended for resorting to marijuana use before games to try and forget who is throwing the ball.

Art Modell's grave will be desecrated nightly by Brown's fans making the pilgrimage to Baltimore to piss on it.

A bunch of QB's will throw for a bunch of yards and then get beaten by a ball control offense in the playoffs.

Giselle will slap players on the sidelines for dropping balls.

Tom Brady will actually get his first period while on the field and the Patriots will switch their team's pants to red.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Cleveland was definately my hail mary pick, but honestly they have a descent coach and a good solid nucleus of young players and those are often the kind of teams that sneak into the playoffs as a wild card. Their biggest issue is the ass rapingly hard schedule the NFL handed them.

Dwight Eisenhower
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

CLE? I just do not see it, but stranger things have happened.

My Picks:

AFC:
Patriots
Ravens
Broncos
Texicans

Wild cards:
Steelers
Bills

NFC:
Giants
Packers
Falcons
Seahawks

Wild cards:
Cowboys
49ers
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't know enough about football to say who will win. But the teams I HOPE do shitty this year:

1. The fuckin New York Football Giants. For many reasons!
2. Denver Broncos. It's humorous to see how many fair weather fans are in Indy who are now rooting for Denver just because Manning is there.
3. Indianapolis Colts. (See number 2)
4. Jets. No real dislike for them other than the Tebow circus.

Other than that I don't have much of an opinion about other teams other than the Packers winning more of their games than they lose.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Hey I'll take the fair-weather Manning fans over the batshit Tebow fans any day! :)

I'm just happy to see Denver get back to football as opposed to Timmy's entourage of southern lunacy.
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

OK, my turn to get laughed at although I'm not high enough to pick the Browns as anything but cellar dwellers in the AFC North...

AFC North - Steelers. The Steelers and Ravens are both long in the tooth on D but the Steelers have a lot more upside on O... and its only better if DeCastro and Admas can get healthy enough to play. The Bengals could be a surprise but it all depends on who gets arrested. The Browns, well, its the same old song and dance: they draft decent and then it all fucks up when it comes to crunch time. One thing that has changed in the past couple years is the notion that a D can win you a championship by itself: this is a division built on D's beating the crap out of each other's O's and thats why they won't birth a champion this year.
AFC East - Patriots. The Evil Empire is just too strong. I hope Buffalo can find some of that spark they showed at times last year but I'm not sold on them. The Jets imported the league's number one distraction to their circus and the Dolphins just have to keep on rebuilding.
AFC West - Broncos. Manning will help a team thats already solid on D. The Raiders could be interesting, depending on how fucked up their coaching/mgt situation is and if Palmer actually has anything left in his tank. The Chargers and KC are just meh. Weak division, maybe one of the weakest in football.
AFC South - Houston. So much change, so many questions on so many of the teams in this division. Houston's stability pays off.
Wildcards - Ravens, Raiders

NFC North - Packers. Possibly the toughest division in the NFL. Decent defenses and high powered offenses. The Pack rises to the top. Detroit surges, led by Megatron and Stafford. The Bears try but fall short and the Vikes, well, someone has to lose...
NFC East - Giants. Eli and the Giants are still the team to beat in this division. The C'boys aren't it. The Eagles will surge but once Vick gets hit 5 times, their season will falter. And they don't call them the Deadskins for nothing...
NFC West - 49ers. One good team in this division and a lot of questions. Did the 49ers poison themselves by bringing in Randy Moss? How badly will TO screw up Seattle (and will it be worse than it already was)? Can Sam Bradford do anything with the Rams or will he be another high hope that lands in the refuse pile of NFL QBs? Will Arizona ever find a QB?
NFC South - Atlanta. This is another tough division. The weakest team is Carolina and they're not that bad. The Saints... I still don't understand how Goodell changed his mind on the bounty-gate shit, but it will take some time for them to adjust. Tampa could surprise if they can find their rhythm.
Wildcards - Lions, New Orleans

ps don't put me down as a Broncorpse fan, but it will be a lot easier for me to cheer for them with Manning instead of Tebow
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Holy fuck the Packers stunk up the joint today! I mean, I figured we might lose that game, but that was just last years playoff debacle all over again, complete with shitty coaching and a deer in the headlights/slap the cheeseburger out of my diabetic coma paws Mc Carthy looking like he had no fucking clue what was going on. This is going to be a long season followed by a fast exit in round one of the Playoffs (if they can even make it in).

Other notes:
Eagles Browns- Either the Browns are not as bad as you assholes thought or the Eagles are not as good. Either way, no way to make sense out of that game until we see another game from each squad.

Cards Seahawks- Hope you like Kolb, Winnow, because if your line keeps blocking like that Skelton might be spending more time on the cart than on the field. If Carrol was not going to use Flynn then why the fuck trade for him? Especially with how his starter stunk up the place. This was probably the worst game of the entire week.

Skins Aints- Cannot laugh my ass off enough. Despite how many extra chances the refs handed them the Saints could not stop shitting the bed in this game. Note to Cam Newton, winning is the only stat that counts. This was the most satisfying game of the weekend.

Broncs Steelers- Care to revise that opinion Wulfran? Steelers looked fine until their defense had to take the field in the second half, then the wheels fell off pretty fast. Big Ben getting sacked three times in a row to end the game was a nice touch. Broncs will get brought back down to earth against Atlanta next week, but they will likely breeze to the top of their shitty division. Steelers looked old and worn out, however. Next to the Cowboys/Giants game, this was the best game of the week.

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cardinals/Seahawks was not a pretty game but the Cardinals won it, even with the refs giving the Seahawks an extra time out and SIX attempts by Seattle from like the 5 yard line to put the ball in the end zone at the end of the game yes they still failed. Kolb looked good for his one series.

Bottom line is the Cardinals are 8-2 their last ten and beat the team most of you picked to finish ahead of them. I expect a complete blowout next week at New England. Even if the spread is huge, bet on New England. Maybe they'll get lucky and injure some NE players and at least screw up their season.

I think Russell Wilson will eventually be a good QB. Cam Newton lost to Arizona the first game of the season as well last year but ended up with a decent year. (Well Cam is playing average atm so that may not be a big deal)

Ryan Williams disappointed.

Tampa Bay and Doug Martin looked great. (I watched almost every game on NFL Game Pass via the UK VPN) Their defense held Carolina to like 10 yards rushing.

Green Bay is on the decline. Nothing severe, just not elite anymore.

NFC West is on the rise. Even the Rams looked good against Detroit today. NFC West isn't great but it is improving and they've now had the Cardinals for three years followed by the 49'ers presently and last year as solid playoff contenders.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Tampa's defense was like an Irish beer.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Jice Virago wrote:Holy fuck the Packers stunk up the joint today! I mean, I figured we might lose that game, but that was just last years playoff debacle all over again, complete with shitty coaching and a deer in the headlights/slap the cheeseburger out of my diabetic coma paws Mc Carthy looking like he had no fucking clue what was going on. This is going to be a long season followed by a fast exit in round one of the Playoffs (if they can even make it in).

Other notes:
Eagles Browns- Either the Browns are not as bad as you assholes thought or the Eagles are not as good. Either way, no way to make sense out of that game until we see another game from each squad.

Cards Seahawks- Hope you like Kolb, Winnow, because if your line keeps blocking like that Skelton might be spending more time on the cart than on the field. If Carrol was not going to use Flynn then why the fuck trade for him? Especially with how his starter stunk up the place. This was probably the worst game of the entire week.

Skins Aints- Cannot laugh my ass off enough. Despite how many extra chances the refs handed them the Saints could not stop shitting the bed in this game. Note to Cam Newton, winning is the only stat that counts. This was the most satisfying game of the weekend.

Broncs Steelers- Care to revise that opinion Wulfran? Steelers looked fine until their defense had to take the field in the second half, then the wheels fell off pretty fast. Big Ben getting sacked three times in a row to end the game was a nice touch. Broncs will get brought back down to earth against Atlanta next week, but they will likely breeze to the top of their shitty division. Steelers looked old and worn out, however. Next to the Cowboys/Giants game, this was the best game of the week.

The Steelers barely had enough bodies to finish the game. They were down to 5 OL and 3 receivers at the end. They started it without Harrison and the most important guy on their defense.....Ryan Clark. I fucking HATE denver for that reason alone. Ryan Clark is the most under-rated player for that team. Without him, there is no Polamalu.

Their secondary was complete and utter garbage. The D-line was useless and the Linebackers out side of Foote were horrendous. The O-line was possibly even worse...although they did a somewhat fair job pass blocking during the 3rd quarter. I liked the haley offense and think it will be very effective if they can you know....block or something.

The officiating was excruciatingly bad. I was literally screaming at the TV when they missed a blatant facemask on a 3rd down in the red zone. I was again screaming when they let that stupid fucker plaster Roethlisberger after the false start. I could hear the fucking whistle on TV and no one is blocking and Ben is stopping and he launches? Fucking idiots. I wanted to choke Fox for his ignorance of the rules when he was whining about wanting to decline the penalty.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The officiating was excruciatingly bad.
The NFL is working with replacement refs at the moment.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The officiating was excruciatingly bad.
The NFL is working with replacement refs at the moment.
Heard today that they made less blown calls than the real refs on average yesterday. Only difference was whenever there was a questionable call, they said, "oh, replacement refs!"

That said, the time-out fiasco in the Cardinals game was pretty bad. Thankfully the Cardinals won the game anyway.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Steelers/Broncos was a great game though, you saw both great QB's doing their thing. Hated the outcome, but whatever...losing to a good team sucks, but doesn't suck as bad to losing to a shyte team...I can only imagine the brown bags the saints have to wear to work this week.

I did watch most of the chicago game, and the philly game. The replacement refs were insane in that philly game...but that's still no excuse when you put up close to 500 yards, and only squeak out 17 points. So yes, the browns are STILL that bad. The eagles, well Vick, decided to just be awful too, and give the browns every chance back with both teams competing for INT records. (Coincidentally, is also why the Eagles are still not a super bowl team).

Chicago looked pretty damn good after their stutter start. Now, I'm still never going to bet on Cutler, but yesterday they really showed they can pace a game. This Thursday will obviously be a much better game since they will play a real offense and not the Luck show. As for Indi and Luck...saw a lot there, and Luck will turn out to be great, he really looked too excited and nervous though. Lots of high throws.

I can't really comment on the Niners and Packers. The pack, like the steelers, had to play an offense with no real game tape on it to watch. Randy Moss just changes an offense so dramatically, it sux to be the first team out against something like that, ie. Peyton on the Broncos side, RG3 on the Skins side, etc. Sure, you know what they did with old teams, but when placed in a new group, so much can change.

I am still shocked over the skins/saints. I guess not having your head coach is a really big deal, even with all the down talking the saints have been doing. Then again, its not like Drew Brees wasn't great yesterday, he was...his receivers were just plain awful. They dropped so many passes it was bordering hysterical. RG3 looks great in that shanahan offense, which I still thought at times saw Kyle Shanahan calling a completely different game than what was being shown on the field.

Texans...took them a while to get rolling. I didn't have any faith in them this year, but they did woop up on the dolphins after a slow start.

KC, still shitty. Minn and Jacksonville, both still shitty...and what a game they made together though.

Can't wait for tonight's early game. The Ravens and Bengals always put on a tough game against each other.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Tonight I am just hoping that glory hole with cleats Rivers gets a dirt shampoo.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Was nice to see the Chargers take advantages of their opponents fuck-ups..... instead of vice-versa.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Green Bay is on the decline. Nothing severe, just not elite anymore.
It was the first game of the season!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Green Bay is on the decline. Nothing severe, just not elite anymore.
It was the first game of the season!
I still see problems with Green Bay's defense but it would take a QB better than Cutler to expose them. Their schedule doesn't look too tough.

I see them losing to Atlanta in the playoffs if both steams remain healthy. When I said on the decline, that's compared to last year when I thought they were clearly the best team.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Last year was a lot of smoke and mirrors based on bullshit accumulated on their lucky superbow run. It finally caught up to them in the tail end of the season when defenses started figuring out the offense. The offense still looked shakey, especially Finley, but at least the D came to play and Chicago is shitty enough that Jerrod Bush didn't have to be put on the field. McCarthy actually found his balls for once, too, with that fake FG. I actually think San Fran was the best team in the NFC last year, but the Giants just got hot at the right time which is what the playoffs are all about. I stand by my opinion as a packer fan that they will be one and done in the playoffs after barely winning the division, as they need to rework the offense into something less one dimensional.

Dwight Eisenhower
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Arizona is on the decline. Nothing severe, just not elite anymore.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Interesting competition for monkeydemonKolb now.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Elite teams don't have losing records and lose to teams that went 2-14 last year!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

On the plus side... Brady put Manning in his place so balance has been restored.

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Damn, the officiating in this NO/SD game is just horrible.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

yeah I predicted that the Packers would go 10-6 this year. Now I am wondering if that was too optimistic. Not to make excuses but Reggie Wayne was on fire yesterday. That entire team was highly motivated. On the upside though, I had just picked up James Jones in two of my leagues so there is my silver lining. yeah I'm selfish.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

The Benson injury would have an effect.... if McCarthy ever seriously commited to running the fucking ball. Next to his shitty clock management and inability to adjust his gameplan, his tendancy to call long bombs every fucking play is his worst coaching characteristic. And if you are going to pass all the fucking time, please get some slants and screens in there more often before we end up with Harrel as the starter because Rogers gets knocked out for the season. Kuhn is a great short yard hands guy and can catch balls out of the backfield, but we almost never call his number, for example. And if McCarthy refuses to run the god damn ball, then Rogers needs to stop holding it forever like he did two seasons ago. Its like the whole offense has regressed.

The Finely injury is almost a blessing because that fucker can't catch a cold in Lambeau in January, let alone the ball. Second year in a row that loud mouthed asshole is leading the league in drops. If you watch, teams are hardly bothering to cover him anymore. We really should have traded his ass a year ago back when people outside the GB Fanbase didn't know he was the dud he has turned out to be. At least while he is on IR someone might pass him in drops...

The Raju injury is the one that hurts the most, because Pickett is also banged up and Wilson is down a step this year. We essentially lost our upfield pass rush and main interior run defense. That plus the offense laying a giant turd of 3 and outs is how we blew an 18 point lead for the first time since the cement was layed for Lambeau.

TLDR version: Packers are fucked for the forseeable future, but still might win the division at 9-7.

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

To add to the problems facing Arizona's offense, running back Ryan Williams is done for the season with an injury. Beanie Wells is already out until the end of November at the earliest. So, along with an OL that makes running almost impossible to begin with, the Cardinals best RB now is Stephens-Howling (nicknamed "the hyphen"), who's a great third down back but he's super small and no way can pound the ball.

49'ers blew out Buffalo last weekend so we'll have a better idea of how bad things are when Buffalo plays Arizona this weekend.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Denver needs another VERY good draft in order to shore up the most severe of their defensive problems (LBs, Safety, another CB for depth, BIG DT). Offense actually OK -depth. Really thought Koppen did outstanding replacing Walton.

Despite the ugly loss, Von Miller was tremendous (5TFL, 1PD, 1FF, 2Sacks, winning smile).

Turnovers, can't stop a good team on any 3rd down situation, etc...that there is a problem that cannot be fixed with their current LB pool.
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

I expect another 14-7 thriller, but I think the Cards can win this one, due to the Bills being horrendous on defense and having an even worse offensive situation than the Cardinals. It would almost be better to lose the game, though, because then other teams would start overlooking you again. My gut tells me AZ with a baseball like score, though.

As for Denver, they are sort of like the Packers were on Defense early in their transition to the 3-4, having some excellent pieces to the puzzle but missing a couple lynch pins and surviving on turnovers. Despite the dumb numbers that have been put up this season, I think the Packer D has actually improved, its just that they are out there too long with all the 3 and outs McFatty is putting them in. Same tune in Denver, but it was always going to take a year before Manning hit his stride there, anyhow. At least they are now competitive in high scoring games, though. I still expect them to take the AFC West, since it is the worst division in football and Elway is the least moronic of all the GMs. Whether they do anything with that playoff berth is entirely a matter of how much learning they do over the course of the season with the new offense. Also, Manning needs one more weapon on that offense, prefferably another physical TE.

Dwight Eisenhower
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Absolutely agree on the TE situation in Denver. Although I like what Dressen and Tamme have provided, I was really hoping that 2nd year TE Julius Thomas would get some snaps this season. He is more experimental, as an old college basketball player with minimal football experience. He was great in 2011 preseason before injury--and being slow on the uptake after all that.

Virgil Green, another 2011 draft pick, just got back from a suspension (I believe he and DJ Williams crossed streams of animal urine when they were tested.).

With TE being the popular position du jour, I expect the next couple drafts will have a dearth of talent.
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I cried. (I tried to create a new thread but kept getting SQL errors)
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:lol:
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Nice! That was great! :)
en kærlighed småkager
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Haha, that was epic!

This year is a very sad year for me. I am an Auburn fan in college and Panther's fan in the NFL. My teams are a combined 2 wins 8 losses.

I've already resigned myself to just hoping both teams can limp through with a few more wins (I hope), and prepare for next season. FML
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

As a Hogs fan, at least I can take solace that they at least beat one SEC team =\
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

And that sound you heard last night was Canolek blowing his load while Aslanna commited hari kari simultaneously. At least people will stop talking about the Packer's choke job against the Colts.....

Dwight Eisenhower