***Spoiler Alert*** NFL 2012

What do you think about the sports world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** NFL 2012

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

except that people expect that to happen with Rivers and Norv Turner.....
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

As a Chargers fan, I thought that game was glorious!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Should be a good test for Green Bay at St Louis this week. Rogers will be banged around a bit.

Arizona Cardinals 4-2
Seattle Seahawks 4-2
San Francisco 49ers 4-2
St. Louis Rams 3-3

Look at that positive parity in the division! Rams are looking to regain a winning record. Packers better watch out!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The Rams have a nice defense but I think the Packers offense will do better against the Rams defense than the Rams offense will do against the Packers defense. That said, it could be a low scoring game. Maybe 17-13 Packers.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Is there a worse team than the Chargers? I don't think so! I enjoyed the first half immensely. The second half... Not so much.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Fischer does not have a descent track record against the Packers, but then again the Rams have historically been tough for GB to handle. My expectation is that the Packers win 20-13, if the score even goes that high. As for the rest of your division, AZ will continue its backpedalling this week. There is no way in hell they keep any QB upright against the Vikings front. I think San Fran will pop Seattle's (largely ref assisted) bubble and completely crush them this week, unless the 49ers are in free fall mode (which I doubt). The following week will likely see San Fran beating AZ, but I see a major trap game potential here, especially if AZ gets routed this week like I am expecting. Seattle should edge Detroit, though they are finally facing a team dirtier than they are, so who knows? The Cheatriots should dump the Rams. So in two weeks, my guess is the divison will look like this:
San Fran 6-2
Seattle 5-3
Arizona 4-4
St Louis 3-5
Factor in that Seattle got a gift from the scab refs and the NFC West really looks like the same crapfest it did last year. That said, they are still a stronger division, overall, than any other than the NFC North and the AFC South. Their play is also more consistant across the board than anything the AFC East has to offer, even the Pats, even if its consistantly mediocre. This says to me that in two years time every team in that division is going to be a real playoff contender. Well, except for Seattle because dirty teams never make it to the next level (see Oakland) for any length of time.

Of course at the rate its proceeding, the NFC North could easily start to resemble that. With what I expect the next two weeks, I think at the same point the NFC north will look like this:
Chicago 6-1
Minnesota 6-2
Greenbay 5-3
Detroit 2-5

The Seattle blown call is looking really huge right now, especially since it looks like Seattle and GB are going to be duking it out for a Wild Card if things continue as they are. Of course, the cakewalk part of the Bears schedule ends in three weeks and GB gets to face the other division teams shortly after that, so there is still a lot of room to gain ground at the moment. Looking at it objectively, I think San Fran, despite the loss to the Vikings, is still a superior team to anything in the NFC North, but that ever other team is worse than anything in the NFC North, aside from perhaps the Lions. Long term, the Packers are still the team to beat and I think the Vikes are built for the future, as well. The Bears are more or less in trouble once their aging defense finally musters out, since they have never had anything resembling consistancy on offense. The Lions have talent, but until the culture changes to something other than a self entitled thug factory (combining the worst aspects of the Raiders and Cowboys), they are going to be in permanent rebuilding mode.

Overall, I think my predictions are still good for this year, aside from my dick brained Cleveland pick. I also think that the NFC Wild cards are either going to be Seattle and the Vikings (if the Bears win the NFC North) or else the Bears and the Vikings (if the Pack wins the North).
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

edit- and oh yeah, the Giants and Eagles flip places on my original picks.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:Is there a worse team than the Chargers? I don't think so! I enjoyed the first half immensely. The second half... Not so much.
You mean there was a 'second' half?
I stopped watching when the Chargers won 24-0
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have no delusions about the Cardinals. I won't be surprised if they finish last in the division. Their OL is really really bad.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Depends if they can regress their offense to max protection or not. I have a conspiracy theory that says the Cards want to get rid of one of their QBs (who are collectively costing the team too much to keep both) by letting the weaker one get killed. I think against teams with horrific offense (or not pass rush to speak of) they have a chance. Plus, they will be overlooked at least once or twice more this season by people. This gives them a shot to at least leap past the Rams, if not more. Rams have the general issue of just not having much talent anywhere on the roster, which is a lot harder to correct in the short term. But yeah, they need to fix that line pronto, which means drafting a blocking back and some beefier linemen next year.

Dwight Eisenhower
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

As happy as I am that Denver won last night, it is even more rewarding when San Diego "fan" gets to suck a dick. :) Polish those beach balls, ya'fucks! :)
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Chargers need a change at the top. The way they've handled Ryan Matthews is pretty bush league. He's clearly the best RB on the team and yet they play high school games with him by naming Battle the starter.

The Chargers need a new QB and new coach. I watched a video analyzing River's performance over the last half of last year. He makes poor decisions and is an interception throwing machine.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Replace with whom? Same situation as Dallas, it at least they have KMFO as backup.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Replace with whom? Same situation as Dallas, it at least they have KMFO as backup.
Matt Leinart is always the answer to whatever the question is.

I'm thinking more about next year. They're stuck with what they have for this season.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Nothing can save that team until Turner is canned. I actually like the Chargers, or did until Norv got the job there. Rivers is a huge fucking prick, but he can be a good player on the field and has a lot of tenacity. But for fucks sakes, if all the Chargers did was fall on the ball three times and punt in the second half, they win that fucking game. The stupidity and ego are too systemic with Turner and Rivers in place and its only going to get worse. The only reason they were competitive at all is that their division has been the worst in football for over a decade. Now that Denver is actually trying to be a serious contender, they can't just fuck around and win the division at 9-7 anymore (only New England has that privalege in the NFL these days) like they have been. In all seriousness, can Turner and trade for Flynn while he is still a steal and before Carrol figures out what a bust Russel is. Or take a chance in the draft next year. Rivers has no good seasons left in him and his ego is only making it worse, by him forcing the ball constantly. Hell, if they traded his ass I bet some other desperate and stupid team would probably give them a good deal on him still, like Cleveland or Oakland. Sticking with the status quo any longer is just going to amplify the time they have to spend rebuilding when Norv finally does get run out of town.

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dear Vince McMahohn Roger Goodell,

Sorry that the Steelers refused to follow your scripted win with the most ridiculous officiating that I have witnessed since any wrestling match in the 80's. You are the reason the NFL is becoming hard to even watch. Please die.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

yeah, the end of the second quarter in that game was laughable...embarrassing really.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Time for a mid season report on predictions!

-------------------------------------------------
- Matt Ryan finishes the year as one of the top 4 QBs (Yards/TDs)
Solid hit!
- Cam Newton finishes out of the top ten
Pretty accurate so far (ranked 15th fantasy)
- Larry Fitzgerald posts great stats no matter who the QB is in AZ and no matter what Jice says again
He's doing ok, I wouldn't say great so far.

- Tampa Bay makes the playoffs
looking good
- Brandon Lloyd will end the year in the top 5 WRs
way wrong
- Doug Martin posts better stats than Trent Richardson
way right
- You will know who Rob Housler is by the end of the year
not yet! break out scheduled for 2nd half of the season
- The Jets will suck ass and people will finally be bored of Tim Tebow by the end of the year
solid hit!
- Ryan Matthews ends the year the #1 RB in the league
completely wrong. He broke his collar bone in pre season after I made this prediction and has done jack shit so far.
- Atlanta beats Buffalo in the Super Bowl
Atlanta's undefeated but Buffalo has some work to do.

----------------------------------------------------

Post your top ten spoilers. I made mine before the first preseason weekend games! (HoF game doesn't count)[/quote]
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Seattle Seahawks - 58

Arizona Cardinals - 0
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

:zerg:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Is everyone going to start crying about "running up the score" that they always accuse the Patriots of? I'm no math wiz but that seems like a lot of points they didn't need!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

This was almost more about Arizona giving them points
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Crazy what's happened to the Cardinals. Arizona beat Seattle earlier this year. Beat the Pats as well.

From 4-0 to 4-12

New Coach, New QB and OL are tops in priority list. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitz go either. He deserves better than what he's gotten in AZ the past few years. Give him a year or two with a contender. They need to draft a QB and OL in the 1st two rounds, even if the QB is a project. Kolb will have to do if the new QB needs time. Not sure if there's any Lucks, RG3's or Newton's in next years draft.

Geno Smith, West Virginia
Matt Barkley, USC
Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio
Colin Klein, QB, Kansas State

Hmmm
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Fuck the Ravens for sucking so bad yesterday. Fuck the Giants for the same reason. Mainly though, fuck Rivers for sucking so damn bad.

Venting my Fantasy Football Playoff woes.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Glad DEN took it to the Ravens on the road. Still some drive-sustaining issues, but I like that Manning is never content with just a win. Keep improving, don't look past the next game, and be accountable for mistakes. Confidence high!

So, like, this is pretty much what a ton of teams lack completely (i.e. Jets, Eagles, et al).

On a side note, I feel dirty for rooting for SF last night...ugh.
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Yeah the Hawks running up the score is pretty much Carrol being his normal dick self. That shit is going to bite him in the ass down the road, because he doesn't play in the kind of powder puff division NE does and dirty play teams like Seattle tend to get retaliated on. It will be interesting to see how much ire they draw if they sneak in ahead of the Giants of Cowboys thanks to the Failmary game.

Around the league:
AFC-
Texans probably are the slight favorite to go to the SB, thanks to the likelyhood of securing homefield (helps offset the worst shennanigans of the Cheatriots), but I could see Denver being a huge problem.
Denver will be the SB team in the AFC as long as they do not succumb to newbie behavior when and if they make it to Texas for the AFC Conferance champ game.
New England got exposed for the copy of last years packers that they are, only more arrogant. They, like the Ravens and Steelers, are victims of their cakewalk division and dependance on homefield. They can't make the SB with this team without it.
Ravens back into the playoffs, but they are one and done faster than Cincy will be.
Cincy and the Colts had cute cinderalla seasons, but they are not consistant enough to make it through the playoff guantlet, especially since it leads through Mile High for them.

NFC-
Atlanta got to play the other Giants team (not the one that shows up to the GB games), but I still think their super easy schedule still makes them a mirage. They get dusted the moment a real team comes to town in the playoffs. Again. I thought they were past this point, but thats not the case.
49ers are my favorites to get to the SB, because they have the only team that is completely balanced. That and taking out Alex Smith shows that they have balls of steel.
Green Bay will still likely be one and done, barring some real return from the guys comming back from IR. Theres just no way they can get by teams like San Fran without a dependable place kicker. Fuck you McCarthy for sticking with him too long then wrecking him for good by making him try a 50 yarder int he Meadowlands. If someone knocks off San Fran, GB might return to the SB, but if they face either Sanfran or the Gmen sneak into the playoffs, forget it.
Redskins season basically ended when RG3 got to experience what every other running QB does, a season ending injury while running the ball. I think they win the East, though.
Seattle will get in as a wild card, thanks to the failmary gift and one gimmey win down the stretch. I can't see them doing anything in the playoffs, since they only seem to score points against JV squad defenses.
The last wild card will be whoever fucks up the least between NYG and the Cowboys. History suggests that the Cowboys are better at shooting themselves in the foot, but the Giants have been fucking the dog a lot lately.

Dwight Eisenhower
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Cheatriots. Let it go already!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I still believe that NE is the most dangerous team in the AFC simply due to their Ducks-like get-to-the-line-and-snap speed, not to mention the sheer number of talented targets Brady has to work with.

Quite honestly, I like Denver's chances going back to Houston than a home game against NE. The Broncos are much better now than they were in the beginning of the season when they lost to NE, TX and ATL. Also, there is much more on tape to watch. Of course this applies either way.

NFC:

Man, this is a tough one to call. SF can be a mixed bag although their defense is pretty damn good. I can see SEA beating them next Sunday night, however.

GB will be a factor, although they do have some depth issues and weak spots. Silly to count them out, however.

NYG? Meh, they are impossible to figure out, but it looks like they are not quite capable of being consistent. CHI? Nope.
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Aslanna wrote:Cheatriots. Let it go already!
I will when they stop cheating, working the refs, and generally being arrogant twats. The mystery failures of headsets still happen regularly to opposing teams, and always at the crucial point in the game. And they get a shitload of help from the refs, in the form of Brady getting a flag any time he asks for one and all the uncalled pick routes they get away with at home. The only reason they even get to the playoffs every year is because the closest thing to competition that they have is Mark Sanchez. Weak as shit division and huge homefield advantages make 12-4 pretty consistantly easy to get every year. But its also why they have not won a SB since Bellicheck got busted. For someone who complains about the overexposure Manning gets, you sure do like to dickride Tom and Bill, though.

Dwight Eisenhower
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I dunno man. Seems like Rodgers cries as much as Brady after getting put in the dirt.

It may just be that it is hard for me to hate a team now since most of my "hated" teams (Dallas, PHI, OAK, SD, SF, KC, etc) are pretty sad and I feel more sorry for them than anything...
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Well Cannobeer, Congrats on your Broncorpses clinching their division. I was pulling for them and Manning, but not too hard: the taste of Tebone and last year's Wild Card game is still kinda foul.

I am hating the way the Steelers are right now. I don't know WTF the problem really is, aside from shithouse bad luck in the injury dept. I didn't think Charlie Batch could lead them past the Ravens (although I giggled like a schoolgirl when it happened) after the debacle in Cleveland. I shake my head at the way they mad the Chargers and Cowboys look good. Fortunately, the rest of the AFC North is shit this year so we don't so bad. I felt the Ravens were more opportunistic than really good when they were 9-2 and it is really looking that way right now. And no, I don't buy into the Bungles doing anything, especially seeing as they still have Marvin Lewis as head coach (he almost makes Norv Turner look like an NFL calibre coach... almost).

As for the AFC, I am having a hard time not liking the Texans: they're not perfect by a long shot, but they will be at home and looked pretty damned good there. The Brady and Belicheat Bunch are always dangerous but the ass beating San Fran gave them, really makes me doubt their fortunes.

As for the NFC, San Fran looks like the least flawed of the bunch. Their offense has had its issues but their D is top notch and the O is still good enough.

But then again, WTF do I know? I work on pipelines, not a coaching or scouting staff...
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The Seahawks beating the 49'ers will be a nice way to say, "We're sorry for fucking you over with that failmary pass" for the Packers. If we can win out (Titans and Viqueens) and SF lose one of the last two, the Packers will take the second seed. If for some miracle the Falcons lose the next two, SF loses 1, and the Packers win out...First Seed! Then we'll lose to the Giants.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:The Seahawks beating the 49'ers will be a nice way to say, "We're sorry for fucking you over with that failmary pass" for the Packers. If we can win out (Titans and Viqueens) and SF lose one of the last two, the Packers will take the second seed. If for some miracle the Falcons lose the next two, SF loses 1, and the Packers win out...First Seed! Then we'll lose to the Giants.

Maybe Arizona can help out by beating the 49'ers the last game of the season. They're unpredictable enough to do it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Did anyone think Adrian Peterson would have the kind of season he did? (I don't mean an average season, I mean a near record setting season.)

He's my MVP. Peyton Manning impressed as well but I think Peterson deserves the MVP. Give Peyton come back player of the year since he was out all of last season.

I avoided Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson in the draft due to their injuries the previous season. It's time for me to throw the old injury stats out the window. It seems recovery times are much shorter now than even just a few years ago.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

They're calling it "Black Monday" over at NFL.com.

It's the Monday morning after the end of the National Football League's regular season, and some teams that didn't make the playoffs are wasting no time in parting ways with their coaches.

So far, no huge surprises in who's being fired:

— Lovie Smith, from the Chicago Bears.

— Chan Gailey, from the Buffalo Bills.

— Pat Shurmur, from the Cleveland Browns.

— Romeo Crennel, from the Kansas City Chiefs.

— Andy Reid, from the Philadelphia Eagles.

Likely to be fired soon: San Diego's Norv Turner.

Update at 2:10 p.m. ET. Add Arizona Cardinals' coach Ken Whisenhunt to the list.

Update at 1:15 p.m. ET: The Chargers' Turner has been fired.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ken Whisenhunt needed to go (and GM Graves as well) but I appreciate his first few years in Arizona (Superbowl/Warner Years).

He really showed a lack of leadership the past few years and was wishy washy.

I'm wondering if Andy Reid and Michael Vick are coming to AZ. I think Reid would be worth a look but Vick is getting a little old and never was that great without his running ability.

With so many coaching spots opening up, I'm sure Andy Reid will find a home quickly. Priority for the Cardinals would be keeping their defensive coordinator, Ray Horton. But again, with so many coaching spots open, he may find a head coaching position and I'm not sure if he's capable of being the main guy.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Ray Horton should be their #1 interview. After that, Lovie and Reid would be the top of my list for AZ. Of course, they tried to grab up Todd Haley last year...so I imagine he's a strong possibility for AZ as well.

Its really not a bad situation, other than the division being stronger now. AZ's defense is right there, the offense isn't bad, per say, just that it needs a solid QB and RB core to get things moving right.

Losing Russ Grimm is the biggest hit for that offense, as I see it. That guy is the best line coach I've ever seen.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

@Wulfran re Steelers- Been said before. They are fucking old. Ravens are in the same boat, really. That and Big Ben is basically just a big dumb animal who scores by taking a ton of hits and not going down, rather than a real methodical passer. They need to rebuild their defense, especially in the secondary. And if they better get a playmaking runningback, because Big Ben is not going to be able to play year in and year out on braces. I think they also kind of got used to owning their own division for so long that it more or less caught them flatfooted when the Browns and Bengles started closing the gap.

I am still personally iffy on the Packers in the post season. I am reasonably confidant we can take out the Vikes at home, but I honestly feel that to be the most risky game, aside from a highly unlikely NFC Conferance Championship that would have them hosting the Redskins. I think the Packers can beat the current incarnation of the 49ers in San Fran and they are certainly capable of beating Atlanta at home. Peterson remains their biggest obstacle to the superbowl. My tenative picks are Washington over Seattle, Packers over Vikings, then Atlanta over Washington, Packers over 49ers. Then Packers over Atalanta. If Peterson has a monster day next weekend, then its likely San Frans year to go to the Superbowl. I see either scenario likely, since the Packer/Viking game is a coin flip in my mind. Its also pretty likely that McCarthy will coach a really shitty game at some point, though he seems to be more focused on the road (hence my biggest concern being the Viking game) than he is at home.

In the AFC, I think the Bengals win over the Texans, the Colts over Baltimore. In the Division round, I see Denver over the Colts and New England destroying the Bengals. Championship will be Denver over New England, since there will be no home cooking going on in Denver for Bellichek.

If the Superbowl is indeed the Packers and Broncos, I think Denver likely wins that game by around 31-24. If San Fran goes, I see them winning it 21-17, as their defense is a much better match against Manning and they have an actual committment to the running game. Plus, Harbaugh is just plain a much better coach than McCarthy and is able to adapt better. I say this as a firm lifelong Packer fan: Even if we make it to the SB, we are not likely to win it.

Dwight Eisenhower
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The Steelers problem is that Polamalu isn't 25 anymore, and their scheme is very dependent on safety clean-up when a blitz doesn't quite work as intended.

Also, they need to keep drafting linemen on both sides. At least we can look at their drafts the past couple years and see that the front office is aware of the issue.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Injuries to the O-line devastated the Steelers just as they got a running game going....not that Ben gave a shit as he hates all that ball control stuff that was working so well. This year was plagued by their "skill" players shitting the bed more than anything else though. Antonio Brown got paid...then got hurt....then fumbled and did unbelievably stupid shit in punt returns that cost them a game. Mike Wallace should have been cut or traded before the season due to his bullshit holdout. At the worst, they could have brought someone in who wanted to catch a pass or two instead of showing how he could bobble balls and give guys free INT's by watching them catch it. Manny Sanders fumbled anytime someone looked at him in a mean sort of way. Chris Rainey was supposed to be electric, but all i saw was that undersized for a junior high team twig get blasted by corners who are afraid to square up and hit Wes Welker. I am fairly certain Wallace is done and there is a strong possibility that Burress returns.

The defense was halfway decent, except that no one in the secondary can actually catch a ball that hits them in the facemask. When the leading INT's on your team is a middle LB, you better start figuring some new shit out. The real problem was Harrison fighting back from surgery and Tubby Woodley being a big fat slab of Michigan shit. No hamstring on the planet can keep that tub of goo going for a whole season. They might as well trade or cut him and put Worilds in that spot next year. Harrison had no real injury problems that he will have to deal with, so I expect a monster season from him next year. They do need to get a beast of a LB for the middle this draft. I can see them drafting a QB in the 4th or 5th this year and cutting both of the geezers. I would say Colon is gone and they have enough parts that they should have a decent line next year if no injuries hit (oh please let them get Russ Grimm back as coach).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

As we wait for the Green Bay at 49'ers game, here's a great line from Aaron Rogers at the 2005 draft:

http://youtu.be/s6Kn7YRpws0?hd=1

Whether he loses or wins, it's still true!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well other than Green Bay losing the rest of the games turned out as I had hoped. Denver and Seattle are out. And New England lives to fight another game!

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The 49ers were the only team I picked to win that actually won.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I chose Atlanta to win the Super Bowl at the beginning of this thread so I'm still alive but most of my predictions were way off.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The Patriots don't have to worry about losing another Super Bowl.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

And I don't have to worry about watching this one. 49ers vs Ravens? Boring.

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:And I don't have to worry about watching this one. 49ers vs Ravens? Boring.
I don't think there could be a Superbowl I care less about.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Atlanta losing caps off an almost complete fail in my pre season predictions this year. I was 2 out of 10 if you count me being correct that everyone would be bored of Tebow (except maseen who has a man crush on him).

Hits:

- The Jets will suck ass and people will finally be bored of Tim Tebow by the end of the year
- Doug Martin posts better stats than Trent Richardson

Close but no cigar on:

- Matt Ryan finishes the year as one of the top 4 QBs (Yards/TDs) (finished 5th in both categories)

The misses were extremely bad so you can go look at those yourself!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Norv Turner will finally be fired.
Got it!
Big Ben will not be in the news for any sexually related activity.
Got it!
Arizona QB's will suck the life out of Fitzgerald and he will be suspended for resorting to marijuana use before games to try and forget who is throwing the ball.
At least 50% correct....need testing on Fitz to see if I nailed it fully!
Art Modell's grave will be desecrated nightly by Brown's fans making the pilgrimage to Baltimore to piss on it.
Unconfirmed. Still time left now that Baltimore is in the SB
A bunch of QB's will throw for a bunch of yards and then get beaten by a ball control offense in the playoffs.
Nailed it!
Giselle will slap players on the sidelines for dropping balls.
Missed this one. However the Patriot wives continue to run whining to the press.
Tom Brady will actually get his first period while on the field and the Patriots will switch their team's pants to red.
I am not sure if it was a period or not, but the Ravens did make that fairy bleed!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Remember like 5 years ago when Meatchicken picked DickRod for their new HBC over Jim Harbaugh?

Good times!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt