***Spoiler Alert*** NFL 2012

What do you think about the sports world?
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** NFL 2012

Post by Jice Virago »

Playoff predictions:
Packers get blown out in round 2 of the playoffs after a bye again by San Francisco who then go on to beat the Ravens in the Superbowl
Guess my first instinct was the correct one, I just did not expect the Ravens and Stabby McKillensein to fight through all the injuries and make it to the big dance. I also kind of expected the Kaeperbro move to blow up at some point, but a good defense has a way of giving a new QB lots of confidence. Aside from wanting the Pack back in there, I can't think of a more interesting SB matchup. Two balanced offenses and solid defenses going at it is preferable to the college bowl game style shootout a Pats/Packers SB would have ended up. This is going to end up decided by special teams, which is why I think the Ravens might have the edge, despite empirical evidence to the contrary.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

National Anthem (and the rest of the pre-show) sucked. The pace was way too slow.

On to the main event.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boooo Ravens. I was really hoping they'd lose.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Hard to lose when you get that much help from the zebras. So many uncalled helmet to helmet hits and that last no call was a travesty, especially when the Ravens got a drive sustained by a much weaker call earlier. That said, four downs from the five with Gore and Kaepernick and you can't fucking punch it in? Fuck Stabby McJesuslover, but at least Moss won't be getting a ring.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Fuck Ray Lewis, who is proof to the aura of entitlement that surrounds professional athletes. His arrogance is almost as sickening as his fake jesus-ifying.

Fuck Joe Flacco. He's a douchebag that stands out on a team full of them.

Fuck the Harbaugh brothers, both of them.

I wasn't really cheering for the Niners (fuck Randy Moss) but I sure as hell wasn't cheering for the Ravens.

And for Canno, fuck the Broncorpses for blowing that goddamned lead!
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Meh Denver is in good shape for next season.

I agree with you re: Lewis. Fuck that guy and his entire life. The NFL adores someone who got away with at the very least accessory to murder. He's also a pontificating douche.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'd just like to pile on and say I can't stand Ray Lewis and his fake bullshit. I hope to god he doesn't get some sort of NFL studio job.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Too late...

Edit: ESPN I think. Disney has people murdered on a regular basis so he'll fit right in.
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'd still like to see the deer antler velvet thing play out. SI wouldn't report it if it didn't feel strongly about sources. Ray has never said he didn't use it, he has only said he has not tested positive. Since the NFL only piss tests...he of course would not be lying. Blood test is the only way with that stuff I'm told.

But that's just me wanting a story to play out once its reported by a reputable joint. As for the Ravens winning, I couldn't really care less about which of those two teams won. I would say these refs did look away far too often for my liking on several issues in the game. But as Jice said, if you have a prolific run game (in the 2nd half), and you're on the 5 yard line...don't get cute, and you win. They got cute.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I was hoping for the Niners, mainly because they dared to run an offensive system not centered around a statue with a quick release. Nothing against guys like Manning or Brady, but there are far less than 30 of them, yet the statistical geniouses in NFL offices can't seem to grasp that simple concept. The combination of the mind capable of grokking a 5 receiver progression in under seven seconds and the body capable of delivering the ball through the small passing lanes NFL defenses and taking an NFL beating weekly is so rare.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

There's no way Ray Lewis came back from that injury in ~2 months at his age without using something. Take a look at other, younger people with the same injury, and it's usually double or triple that amount of time.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Perhaps he saved his blood-soaked suit for its magical properties after all...
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Canelek wrote:Perhaps he saved his blood-soaked suit for its magical properties after all...
It was Primabol Jesus!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1574 ... ning-backs

Lame! The new Helmet Crown Hits by Running Backs Ban rule blows. Too hard to enforce imo.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Great, another rule clearly written by lawyers (full of details and minutiae) that's supposed to be enforced by half-trained geriatrics watching armored freaks collide with each other at speeds most humans can't even comprehend.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Carson Palmer traded to Arizona

|
|
|
V

championship!