Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Starter Edition

Post by Siji »

Does anyone know if you upgrade a Starter Edition / Trial account to a subscription if that includes any and/or all of the expansions to date? The web site isn't very clear :
Please enter your credit card information below to upgrade your World of Warcraft license. You will be charged a $19.99 USD activation fee, which will provide you with a full World of Warcraft license and 30 free days of game time.
If not, does anyone know if one were to purchase the up-coming expansion if it would include the game and previous expansions to date like EverQuest does?

Been playing the trial account and it's an ok time wasting alternative, but there's no way I'm paying $60 for current expansions, then another $40-60 for the next one next month for a game I'm going to play 99% solo in.

Is WoW a viable game to solo in? (Obviously not including raids or bosses) But enough to enjoy without having to restart a new char at level 50 or 60? Right now I'm putzing around with a NE BM hunter.. seems fun. Probably an overused class combo, but oh well. I don't quite understand buffing in this game yet.

ty

Edit 1: I may have been able to answer one of my own questions. Looks like I misunderstood the latter option there and if I wanted to I could pre-order the new expansion and include all previous for $59.99. It's still not very clear if the $19.95 option brings you up-to-date with what's out currently though. I'm kind of thinking it woud though since the straight up pre-order of Pandaria is $39 and the upgrade is $19 which comes out to the $59.99.. Anyone confirm my thinking here?

Edit 2: Also - how the fark do you determine what server you're on? I didn't see an option to choose a server, which I assumed was because it's a trial account.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Starter Edition

Post by Boogahz »

regarding the expansions, they have to be purchased separately. There is/was a battlechest version that I think had all of them through Cataclysm. I have hated that they didn't work like EQ expansions did.