Another white guy shot up a bunch of people.

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Another white guy shot up a bunch of people.

Post by Winnow »

Charles Barkley said he 'agrees' with George Zimmerman verdict

Outspoken former NBA superstar Charles Barkley said he agrees with the verdict in the murder trial of George Zimmerman, but blasted the media for giving platforms to racists to “vent” their ignorance.
A agree with Barkley. All this news coverage is doing is letting clueless people rant about racism when it has nothing to do with that.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Team of student morons camping out in the governors' office against "stand you ground" due to it's relation to this. They don't seem to understand one has nothing to do with the other.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

stupid fucking sheeple don't understand the intricacies of law when it comes to shooting an unarmed kid to death and walking away from it.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

A piece of crap black man shot a very good black man in town a couple days ago and I hear no outcry. I suspect it's a far more common occurrence.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A guy got jumped and was getting the shit beat out of him. He was pinned down and scared for his life. The result was that the guy that initiated the assault was shot and killed. Only morons would make a racial case out of this...like kyoukan for instance.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Aabidano wrote:A piece of crap black man shot a very good black man in town a couple days ago and I hear no outcry. I suspect it's a far more common occurrence.
did the piece of crap black guy stalk and murder the very good black guy and then claim self defense? did he disobey direct instructions to stop stalking him? did the police let him go right after?

people killing people all the time is not an argument for exonerating murder.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:
Aabidano wrote:A piece of crap black man shot a very good black man in town a couple days ago and I hear no outcry. I suspect it's a far more common occurrence.
did the piece of crap black guy stalk and murder the very good black guy and then claim self defense? did he disobey direct instructions to stop stalking him? did the police let him go right after?

people killing people all the time is not an argument for exonerating murder.
not that I am fine with the rest of what happened, but he was told by the dispatcher that they "don't need you to do that" when he said he was following him. That is far from disobeying direct instructions to stop stalking him.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

White-on-white crime is more prevalent.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:
And?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Following someone is not a crime, especially if you're on neighborhood watch and actually see someone suspicious. Jumping someone and mercilessly beating the shit out of them is.

It was an angry young man that had a blood lust for punishing people in fights (see evidence of previous encounters), not 100% clean of drugs that attacked an innocent man.

kyoukan is a moron. The above has absolutely zero to do with race.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Neighborhood WATCH. Not Neighborhood FOLLOW.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Aslanna wrote:Neighborhood WATCH. Not Neighborhood FOLLOW.
Stop repressing me!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Neighborhood WATCH. Not Neighborhood FOLLOW.
I remember we actually had a neighborhood watch meeting in one of the neighborhoods I lived in as a kid. People signed up to "patrol" certain hours/days of the week, basically walk around the block.

So, the neighborhood watch people that are supposed to be on "duty" for their shift, are mobile, guns optional, lynching kits available upon request.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

too bad no one mistook you for an unarmed black kid and fucking wasted you with a glock
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

yeah, a real bummer for you especially. you wouldn't have anyone to creepy forum stalk and express your fetish/obsession with pedophilia over and over. you really need to give your kids away if you have those kind of thoughts in your head constantly.

thankfully my skin is very light and radiates a calming effect for 100 feet in all directions and there were no angry black people to attack me for simply walking around the block.

one day I noticed someone following me...you know what I didn't do? I didn't double back and assault the person, and beat the ever loving shit out of them...because it's illegal and they may have shot me if I did something like that. Important safety tip. Pass it along.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:
Spang wrote:
And?
No one ever justified the killing of a white person by saying that white people kill each other.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:
Aabidano wrote:
Spang wrote:
And?
No one ever justified the killing of a white person by saying that white people kill each other.
Again a point zings by your willful ignorance. Yes more whites commit crimes against whites, there are a lot more whites.

Per capita black people are far more likely to be the victim of a crime committed by a black person. Generally speaking criminals prey on their neighbors.

Addressing the reasons behind that might keep people like Trayvon from becoming angry young wanna-be thugs. Had he not been shot in this instance - due to his own actions, he'd have become involved with the penal system. Accelerating the long downward spiral he was already pointed at. Had he chosen to be offended instead? He'd be alive and the taxpayers would be a lot of cash ahead.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

kyoukan wrote:too bad no one mistook you for an unarmed black kid and fucking wasted you with a glock
So if a seal tries "just being nice" when a polar bear drags it out of it's hole how do you think that's going to work out?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Terrible analogy. For one thing seals are like.. polar bear meals.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

This whole situation is almost as retarded as the lawyers in the case.

Zimmerman was in the wrong for harassing some kid who was just trying to get home (or at least to the house he was staying at. He was with his father, visiting his father's fiancee). He was on the neighborhood watch, so reporting suspicious activity, and possibly even following Trayvon for a bit would make sense, but leaving his car and chasing him was where he fucked up. Martin had NO way to know what this guy wanted, and was likely fearing for his life (and it seems with good reason).

Martin was in the wrong for attacking Zimmerman, if that is what happened exactly. Since we cannot get his side of the story, it is up to what Zimmerman says, but if Martin attacked him when he got close (the evidence doesn't support that Martin came after Zimmerman, as he tried to claim), then he deserved to suffer repercussions from that, even if he felt threatened. However, he did not deserve to die. He was a kid, and having been a 17 year old boy myself, I can understand the reaction he had. He obviously was in full blown fight\flight mode, with adrenaline and adolescent hormones pumping. He tried running first, but once running was no longer an option, he switched to fighting.

How everything really went down isn't clear, but from what I've read about the history of the two, I don't think either intended for anything to happen that night.

I don't think Martin was a thug, or any of that BS. He had never been in any serious trouble, was a good student, and friendly. The only trouble he had was with a little graffiti, some possibly stolen jewelry, that was supposedly a friend's, and a pipe\weed. Honestly, I could have had all of those same things happen to me (well, not graffiti, but I've done worse to other people's property as a kid). And, I've never had stolen jewelry, but I did have a "friend's" iPod once that I later found out was stolen. I stopped being friends with the person that let me borrow it.

And I think Zimmerman's heart was in the right place originally, but he was taking it too far. He obviously wanted to be part of the justice system, but did not have the training to make an accurate judgement of Martin, or be able to defuse a volatile situation \ defend himself without lethal force. I don't believe his intention was to go kill that kid, or that he was racist. His previous actions condemning police in a truly racist incident, as well as his mixed ethnicity, make it unlikely that he had any true racist tendencies.

That being said, if the burglaries that had went on recently in that area were being committed by black men, that would be a legitimate reason to look more closely at a black man walking around and looking at houses at night. Martin was in a neighborhood that he had only been in a few times before, staying in a house he had only been to a few times. It may have looked like he was checking out houses, when he was actually trying to find the house he was staying in.

Honestly, I wish Zimmerman had been convicted of something. I don't know if manslaughter was appropriate, because that depends on circumstances that are unclear. Obviously, if the fight was initiated by Martin, then the killing was fully self-defense at that point, and not manslaughter. If the fight was initiated by Zimmerman (possibly trying to grab or stop Martin from getting away), then I would say voluntary manslaughter would be appropriate. There is no way to say that he meant to kill Martin, but it could not be self-defense at that point.

I would say that reckless endangerment would be the easiest fit. Its a misdemeanor, but can be punishable by up to 5 years in prison, and his actions were obviously quite reckless. Just the fact that he had a gun on him, and was pursuing Martin, was reckless. What if Martin actually had been a criminal, and had taken the gun from him. He could have killed Zimmerman and possibly others, if anyone witnessed it. What if during the confrontation, the gun had been fired into someone's home and killed them as well?

I've followed his case off and on since it started, and like I said at first, it was retarded all the way around. Martin was obviously the victim, and the least at fault (he was just trying to get home), but its unclear if he was the aggressor of the physical confrontation. Zimmerman was trying to be a cop without training. And, on both sides, the lawyers made me sick. They were so horribly ineffective. Zimmerman was just lucky that the prosecution was just a bit more inept than his own council.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Reckless endangerment in what way? I can go and follow anyone I see out walking right now and not have any repurcussions. If I walk outside my house right now and see someone that I do not recognize, I am well within the law to follow behind them. If that person feels like I am some sort of threat, then they can certainly call the police and they can come and question me.

What every idiot whining about Martin refuses to acknowledge is that he did NOT go to the house he was staying in. He quite obviously doubled back around and every single piece of evidence backed that up. They also refuse to understand that the defense in the trial stood up and refuted the stand your ground defense. Let me repeat that for you once more: THE DEFENSE REFUTED STAND YOUR GROUND. It was NEVER used once in the defense of Zimmerman. It is the media and absolute incompetently stupid who keep harping on that law that did not come into play in this even once during the trial.

All any idiot sees is race race race whitey targeting darkie....even though the guy in question is Hispanic and every single piece of physical evidence has backed up everything the guy said. His only offense was being stupid enough to follow him off the well lit areas and not wait for police to arrive.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

"If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony." - Judge Debra Nelson to jurors
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Martin had NO way to know what this guy wanted, and was likely fearing for his life (and it seems with good reason).
You don't fear for your life, lose the person chasing you and then go back and attack them 4 minutes later. You keep going and get away.

It was an intentional attack on Martin's part. Zimmerman was getting the shit beat out of him screaming for help. He didn't gun down Martin while he was trying to run away, he shot him while being pinned down himself and getting pummeled.
(CNN) -- Four days after he was acquitted of murder, George Zimmerman stepped out of seclusion to help a family get out of an overturned vehicle in Florida, authorities said Monday.

Zimmerman and another man helped four people get out of an SUV that had overturned Wednesday evening in Sanford, the same community where the former neighborhood watch volunteer fatally shot teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012, Seminole County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Heather Smith said.

Callers to 911 described a dramatic scene: An SUV lost control in the area of Interstate 4 and State Road 46, flipping on its side and sliding into a median.

Several callers said they saw people helping a family trapped inside the overturned SUV, according to audio recordings released by the sheriff's office.

"There was tons of smoke ... people were starting to rush towards the vehicle," one caller said.

"They got everyone out of the car," another caller reported. About a minute later, the caller said, it looked like the vehicle was catching fire.

By the time a deputy arrived, Zimmerman and another man already had helped the two adults and two children out of the vehicle, Smith said.
The guy is a god damned saint.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Zimmerman sustained a broken nose and was bloodied a little bit.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Zimmerman sustained a broken nose and was bloodied a little bit.
-Zimmerman had at least two separate and distinct hematomas on the back of his head, consistent with a FORCEFUL impact on a hard, flat, not-entirely- smooth surface (like concrete)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I can't believe how deluded some of you red neck good for nothing sacks of shit are, and how you proudly put it on display. I don't know what nationality zimmerman actually is, but I know a lot of Mexicans that hate black people as much as or more than any racist white person I've known (I've never really figured out why), so saying race had nothing to do with it because they both aren't white makes you look like a sheltered, naive little child. Two, neighborhood watch means you call the police if you see something suspicious, it doesn't mean you follow someone around and/or confront them because you want to play the hero, period. Third, saying the way this kid dressed or spoke, or the fact that he was smoking weed doesn't mean he was in any way a bad person; most everyone I knew acted like that and did those same things when I was 16, most don't anymore, but some still do. Fourth, if I was in his shoes at his age I probably would have kicked that wannabe cop motherfuckers ass, too - that's what you get for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

And last of all, and this is the important one: It's the politicians, media and people like kilmoll that have used their fear mongering to turn this country into a place where everyone thinks we need more and more cops and that everyone needs a gun because everyone else is out to get them. This mentality and all the things that go along with it are creating situations like this that wouldn't have occurred otherwise, and it's fucking sickening.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Keep your agendas out if this and stick to the facts.

Martin, after losing Zimmerman, came back and starting beating on Zimmerman. Zimmerman shot him while pinned down. End of story. Race has nothing to do with it unless it was Martin hating Zimmerman because he was Hispanic and couldn't help but start beating the crap out of him because he looked Hispanic. You people are really stretching trying to make Martin look like some kind of angel. I don't give a fuck what he did in the past. On that night, he made a fatal decision by choosing to attack an innocent person. It was his own fault to choose to assault someone, whether he thought Zimmerman was an "ass" or not. You don't get to start beating the shit out of someone and expect them to just take it after getting their nose broke and head slammed multiple times into cement. Marvin was not a "kid" when it came to his conditioning and build.

Not surprising that Funk doesn't get this. He's the absolute last person on this board that I'd expect to understand anything about violence.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Aslanna wrote:Terrible analogy. For one thing seals are like.. polar bear meals.
and unarmed black kids are apparently snacks for racist pussies with concealed carry permits. the analogy is not bad.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Martin chose to assault an innocent man. He thought he had an easy prey to beat up. Thought wrong. Maybe people with violent tendencies will think twice about jumping innocent neighborhood watch citizens.

Meanwhile Zimmerman has saved more lives. Looks like the better man lived. Martin beat people up to watch them bleed. Zimmerman saved people even after being in danger from all the morons that think he's a racist, he still saved those people and didn't even mention doing it.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I'm sure when he's not killing Black kids or beating women and molesting children, Zimmerman is a real swell guy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Martin, had a bunch of texts and facebook posts about fighting, being in fights, and having other people ask Martin to teach them to fight and even something about how to break somebody's nose in one punch, as well as texts from Martin about how the other guy in one of his fights didn't bleed enough
A real saint!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote:I'm sure when he's not killing Black kids or beating women and molesting children, Zimmerman is a real swell guy.

Do you actually read details or just what you want to see?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:...Zimmerman is a real swell guy.
No one has ever painted him as such. The main point is Martin went out of his way and attacked Zimmerman. Apparently since he was insulted over being followed. And thought he could get away with it.

If Martin was the innocent little teeny bopper people are trying to portray him as he never would've attacked Zimmerman.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Now, I haven't seen or heard the audio/video recordings of why exactly Martin "attacked" Zimmerman, but I sometimes like to put myself in other people's shoes...
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvus wrote: Now, I haven't seen or heard the audio/video recordings of why exactly Martin "attacked" Zimmerman, but I sometimes like to put myself in other people's shoes...
Now add to that that Zimmerman lost contact with Martin for 4 minutes and then was attacked by Martin and that scenario goes right out the window.

All of this talk about Martin being frightened makes no sense when it was his own decision to attack the person following him after having lost him.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I guess it depends in large part on what side of the narrative you favor.

Myself? I live in an upper middle class community on a lake. I've been here 6 months and I know everybody within a 2 block radius. We've had 2 neighborhood parties already. I know all the kids. No one comes into our neighborhood unless they live here because it's entirely enclosed and self contained. Sure, we get people on bikes and an occasional family walking the area, which is cool and expected. If my neighborhood were to have a bunch of break ins, I would be on the Watch from day one. I would profile and follow any strange dudes walking around at night where the streets are normally vacant and call the police if they were acting suspicious. I would totally do all that.

Race doesn't matter in the slightest. I would also not be suspicious of hot teenage girls or elderly people walking around at night. But any dude I didn't recognize would get extra scrutiny and I would totally profile guys wearing hoodies in my neighborhood at night.

I'm just a middle aged white dude watching out for myself and my neighbors. Btw, I sure as hell would not carry a gun. If I was carrying a gun and someone started beating the shit out of me, I would likely shoot them too. I'm not very good at waiting to see if they're just going to beat me to a pulp or kill me. In any criminal situation I would tend to not let them retain the power position and do whatever they want. I would reverse the tide and be the one to escalate the situation based purely on fear and self preservation.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Btw, that pic is a really poor straw man argument. I can't believe people can even compare the Zimmerman case to a made up scenario in their heads involving a totally ambiguous/pretend situation with different people and different circumstances. It's just awful. It's something I would see posted on Facebook.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Reckless endangerment in what way? I can go and follow anyone I see out walking right now and not have any repurcussions. If I walk outside my house right now and see someone that I do not recognize, I am well within the law to follow behind them. If that person feels like I am some sort of threat, then they can certainly call the police and they can come and question me.
Go around following young men through neighborhoods at night, and I guarantee you are going to end up with a problem eventually. Its reckless, because regardless of what the law is, it is just common sense. A teenage boy, especially 16-19 or so, is much more likely to try to take care of a perceived threat themselves, rather than call the police.
Winnow wrote:
Martin, had a bunch of texts and facebook posts about fighting, being in fights, and having other people ask Martin to teach them to fight and even something about how to break somebody's nose in one punch, as well as texts from Martin about how the other guy in one of his fights didn't bleed enough
A real saint!
When I was his age, I was into kickboxing and backyard boxing. It is a rush. Yeah it feels good to land a perfect punch and drop someone. My fighting was always consensual and planned, but my brother was a different story. He was feared around my hometown, and never lost a fight over at least 40 or 50 fights before he moved away. That doesn't make him a bad person, and in fact he is overly caring and sensitive, but has a lack of fear and was very emotional as a teen.

Fighting, and the want to fight, is completely natural for boys and young men. It is genetically hard-coded into us.
Winnow wrote:
Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Martin had NO way to know what this guy wanted, and was likely fearing for his life (and it seems with good reason).
You don't fear for your life, lose the person chasing you and then go back and attack them 4 minutes later. You keep going and get away.

It was an intentional attack on Martin's part. Zimmerman was getting the shit beat out of him screaming for help. He didn't gun down Martin while he was trying to run away, he shot him while being pinned down himself and getting pummeled.
(CNN) -- Four days after he was acquitted of murder, George Zimmerman stepped out of seclusion to help a family get out of an overturned vehicle in Florida, authorities said Monday.

Zimmerman and another man helped four people get out of an SUV that had overturned Wednesday evening in Sanford, the same community where the former neighborhood watch volunteer fatally shot teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012, Seminole County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Heather Smith said.

Callers to 911 described a dramatic scene: An SUV lost control in the area of Interstate 4 and State Road 46, flipping on its side and sliding into a median.

Several callers said they saw people helping a family trapped inside the overturned SUV, according to audio recordings released by the sheriff's office.

"There was tons of smoke ... people were starting to rush towards the vehicle," one caller said.

"They got everyone out of the car," another caller reported. About a minute later, the caller said, it looked like the vehicle was catching fire.

By the time a deputy arrived, Zimmerman and another man already had helped the two adults and two children out of the vehicle, Smith said.
The guy is a god damned saint.
I don't think Zimmerman is a bad person. I think he is reckless and stupid, but he obviously has a drive to help and protect people.

The problem is, that is dangerous as well if you go about it without exercising caution and common sense. Honestly, I hope he calms down and focuses on getting through school now. If he takes this acquittal as approval for what he did, then I worry that this won't be the last time we hear from him.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I can't believe people can even compare the Zimmerman case to a made up scenario in their heads involving a totally ambiguous/pretend situation with different people and different circumstances.
Fairweather Pure wrote:If my neighborhood were to have a bunch of break ins, I would be on the Watch from day one. I would profile and follow any strange dudes walking around at night where the streets are normally vacant and call the police if they were acting suspicious. I would totally do all that.

Race doesn't matter in the slightest. I would also not be suspicious of hot teenage girls or elderly people walking around at night. But any dude I didn't recognize would get extra scrutiny and I would totally profile guys wearing hoodies in my neighborhood at night.

I'm just a middle aged white dude watching out for myself and my neighbors. Btw, I sure as hell would not carry a gun. If I was carrying a gun and someone started beating the shit out of me, I would likely shoot them too. I'm not very good at waiting to see if they're just going to beat me to a pulp or kill me. In any criminal situation I would tend to not let them retain the power position and do whatever they want. I would reverse the tide and be the one to escalate the situation based purely on fear and self preservation.
Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm you were intending when posting one or both of those?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Looks like my imaginary self just shot your imaginary daughter in the face! Bitch shouldn't have pepper sprayed me!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sylvus shoudl make sure to include that his daughter in his scenario is a 6' 180 lb MMA fighter and her stalker is 5'6" 200 lb guy who gets winded walking fast. But lets keep pretending Trayvon was a 5' 100 lb 5th grader.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

He was feared around my hometown, and never lost a fight over at least 40 or 50 fights before he moved away. That doesn't make him a bad person, and in fact he is overly caring and sensitive, but has a lack of fear and was very emotional as a teen.

Fighting, and the want to fight, is completely natural for boys and young men. It is genetically hard-coded into us.
Agree to a point however - People like that or portray themselves to be as Trayvon did frequently pay dearly for it at some point, if they aren't just talking smack.
A teenage boy, especially 16-19 or so, is much more likely to try to take care of a perceived threat themselves, rather than call the police.
It's also a good way to get the living shit beat out of you and gaining common sense is part of growing up.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Btw, that pic is a really poor straw man argument. I can't believe people can even compare the Zimmerman case to a made up scenario in their heads involving a totally ambiguous/pretend situation with different people and different circumstances. It's just awful. It's something I would see posted on Facebook.
There is nothing Florida's stand your ground laws that talk about who instigated it. You can instigate a fight, start to lose and you are well within your rights to use lethal force to defend yourself. This was demonstrated in this trial as Zimmerman clearly instigated this confrontation, got a little ouchie on the back of his head and bump on his nose and shot a teenager to death over it. Now he is a free man and celebrating how he got to kill himself a nigger and got away with it. Other racists even paid for his legal fees. He is a folk hero in Florida now, as evidenced by all the creepy assholes crawling out of their basements on this thread to defend a cold blooded murderer.

A man in Florida can literally attack a teenage girl, get his face scratched and shoot her to death because he is the only witness and claims his life was in imminent danger.

To recap he can literally be standing over her dead body with a smoking gun in his hand and not even get arrested until smart people begin to get involved at the political level.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote: There is nothing Florida's stand your ground laws that talk about who instigated it. You can instigate a fight, start to lose and you are well within your rights to use lethal force to defend yourself. This was demonstrated in this trial as Zimmerman clearly instigated this confrontation

No he didn't you complete moron.

Zimmerman lost contact with Martin for 4 minutes and then was assaulted by Martin. The violence was instigated by Martin.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

kyoukan wrote:...There is nothing Florida's stand your ground laws that talk about who instigated it...
And it still has nothing to do with the Martin/Zimmerman case? Thought that hadn't been part of the defense argument at all?

Internet connected electronic devices that can have games of chance played on them are illegal too.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well we know she is a dumbass....and frankly she is a very good representation of the idiot liberals who are screaming wrong information at the top of their lungs. Stand your ground does NOTHING for you except mean that you do not have to try to run away when someone has the ability and opportunity to do great bodily harm. That is all it means...and that is why they never bothered to use it in the defense.

I love people crying about how SYG laws are causing deaths. They might be causing the scumbags to get killed instead of the victims they chose, and frankly there needs to be more of that. You liberal turds whining about those poor criminals getting killed and wanting to protect THEM makes me want to vomit. You are what is wrong with this country.

Florida's law:
 A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

"Liberals" are a bogey man perpetrated by Faux News, et al :D

It does seem to be a poorly written, knee-jerk, politically motivated piece of legislation. Could see it being misused with a sleazy judge. Keeping in mind this is FL, once you get outside the metro areas it makes AL or MS look like modern, advanced cultural meccas.

Other laws concerning justifiable homicides would seem to cover the topic already. As was done in the Zimmerman case.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

What I still can't wrap my imagination around is this:

Man A is in possession of a concealed firearm (FL does not have an open carry law). Said firearm is in a hip holster that Man A wears near his right back pocket.

Man B is a well known fighter and is attacking Man A from a mounted posistion.

Man A Shoots Man B perfectly center mass through the heart.

How is this possible unless Man B has finished the assult and is dismounting Man A and is no longer a threat?

Personally, I think both men were wrong on this day and unfortunatly one is dead for it and the other is not being held accountable. Given the above scenerio..which happens to be fact, how is this not murder?
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Maybe Martin was getting his phone out to take a selfie pic of himself on top of Zimmerman to show the amount of blood he caused.

All of the evidence shows that Zimmerman was on his back and Martin was on top. Martin was the aggressor unless it was a gay encounter gone bad and bitch slaps were involved.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Morgrym wrote:What I still can't wrap my imagination around is this:

Man A is in possession of a concealed firearm (FL does not have an open carry law). Said firearm is in a hip holster that Man A wears near his right back pocket.

Man B is a well known fighter and is attacking Man A from a mounted posistion.

Man A Shoots Man B perfectly center mass through the heart.

How is this possible unless Man B has finished the assult and is dismounting Man A and is no longer a threat?

Personally, I think both men were wrong on this day and unfortunatly one is dead for it and the other is not being held accountable. Given the above scenerio..which happens to be fact, how is this not murder?
Because he took kilmoll's class and knew how to index in high stress situations? And it's not murder because the kid was a fucking pot head, so fuck em.