New Pick Ups!

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

New Pick Ups!

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Surprise! Apparently I had Best Buy points that were going to expire, so I had to buy some stuff there yesterday. I would rather have waited for some new games instead of older ones, but I'm pretty happy with what I walked away with. I was hoping to get a copy of Asura's Wrath, but no such luck. Best Buy also price matched Amazon, saving me 30$ on top of the Best Buy points, allowing me to grab 5 Blu Rays as well. I ended up paying 3$ total for all of the below. The clerk was very impressed, lol.

Dragon's Dogma - I've heard nothing but good about this game, both on this forum and others. It was the first thing I went looking for in the store. They had about 20 of them which surprised me.

Witcher 2 - Same as above. They only had 1 copy left. It's a good looking package!

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - With my two "must have games" out of the way, I was able to really comb through what Best Buy had in stock and start to pick titles that were on my radar, but that I would normally wait for a big price drop. This was going to be a 20$ title for me to get eventually, but I had to spend this money today and nothing else they had in stock was really jumping out at me.

Lego Batman 2 - They had it set up on display and my kids played it for about 20 minutes while I shopped for games. I have to admit, it looked fantastic and that was my primary reason for picking it up for 40$ instead of waiting for the usual 20$ on Lego games. I got home and looked up some reviews and it appears I made a good choice here.

My local Best Buy didn't have a single other game in stock that I wanted, so I switched over to movies and got some cheap replacements for DVDs I already own. The Batman movies each have a coupon for cash off of tickets for the new Batman movie.

I continued looking at game reviews for the rest evening and I have to say that my pickups all seem to be fantastic choices. Every title has rock solid reviews and gamer opinions seem very good overall for each game. I would've normally gotten more "lesser" games that I have waited for price drops in this situation, but the length, quality, and moderately newer games made this a great buy. Also, I was really surprised how "lacking" the selection was in the store. They used to have plenty of every title in stock. Now it is very spotty and lesser known games do not seem to make an appearance.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: New Pick Ups!

Post by Kluden »

I just picked up the two batman's yesterday as well, but got the steelbook packaging, and they were only 10 bux. I will obviously be using the $5 new batman coupon too from each.

I am still playing the shit out of Dragon's dogma. Its the best xbox game I've owned in a while, for me at least.I wouldn't mind a few fast travel points, but whatever.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Three of those games will take 150+ hours of your life...

I've decided to just stop buying games until I have my backlog under control... especially those 50+ hour games.
I'm about halfway through Lolipop Chainsaw, Ghost Recon: FS and Gravity Rush.

I have hardly touched the multi-player of Starhawk and the freebie PS+ games from last month.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

miir wrote:Three of those games will take 150+ hours of your life...

I've decided to just stop buying games until I have my backlog under control... especially those 50+ hour games.
I'm about halfway through Lolipop Chainsaw, Ghost Recon: FS and Gravity Rush.

I have hardly touched the multi-player of Starhawk and the freebie PS+ games from last month.
Starhawk multiplayer is kind of dead. There are only around 3k people on whenever I check. You can still get games, of course, but it's not a good sign of things for a game that is relatively new. Twisted Metal is the same way. At least Starhawk had a surprisingly fun single player. Twisted Metal's is shiiiiiit IMO.

How is Lollipop Chainsaw? I've heard mixed reviews and it put me off a little bit on it. I will get it for sure someday, it's just a question of what price point I want to make a point of jumping on it.

Games with 50+ hour playing times? I'll make a thread later and VV can share notes. I'm sure we all have a plethora of them, lol. My backlog will not be contained. I've been really good about only buying games on sale and not very often. Even the plan is actively going very well, fate drops BB reward zone points in my lap and forces me to add to the backlog. My backlog has a soul of it's own.

I'm going to install my new games tonight while I finish off my current Lego build and will get stuck in this weekend.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Starhawk multiplayer is kind of dead. There are only around 3k people on whenever I check. You can still get games, of course, but it's not a good sign of things for a game that is relatively new.
Seems like they only sold 150k worldwide so no wonder MP is dead. Poor Sony! Why do I have the feeling this is going to be an upcoming PS+ freebie.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--