Dragon's Dogma 360/PS3

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Re: Dragon's Dogma 360/PS3

Post by Jice Virago »

Winnow wrote:also, my pawn is full star rated in pretty much everything for quest/mob/area knowledge after being hired so many times (6 million rift crystals and going up 500-800K/day) That may be why people like her as being "nexus" she babbles a lot giving out tips.
Im guessing it has more to do with the high likelyhood that you dressed her up like a high school cheerleader, since people tend to rent pawns based on sexiness. Also, the issue with having two different pawns with the same class in the same group is that Monkey See Monkey Do starts to happen. What I mean by that is, the pawn with the lesser tendancies will shift towards whatever the other pawn happens to be set to. Its kind of annoying and cannot be corrected on anyone but the main pawn.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:
Winnow wrote:also, my pawn is full star rated in pretty much everything for quest/mob/area knowledge after being hired so many times (6 million rift crystals and going up 500-800K/day) That may be why people like her as being "nexus" she babbles a lot giving out tips.
Im guessing it has more to do with the high likelyhood that you dressed her up like a high school cheerleader, since people tend to rent pawns based on sexiness. Also, the issue with having two different pawns with the same class in the same group is that Monkey See Monkey Do starts to happen. What I mean by that is, the pawn with the lesser tendancies will shift towards whatever the other pawn happens to be set to. Its kind of annoying and cannot be corrected on anyone but the main pawn.
As usual, you guessed wrong and failed to read the previous posts. There's a billion pawns running around in g-strings and mine's not one of them. As mentioned before, her stats are better than most at her level as well. Let me know if you need some tips.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

One thing I would like to see in almost every rpg that has upgrade able equipment; when you look at new armor upgrades, it should compare it vs the base stats of the armor you are wearing. Not a big deal but I'd really like that.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Well the PS3 has all the 8 year olds in bikinis as top rated shit. Kinda creepy.

The problem I was getting at is that pawns start to shift towards each others disposition, ie they tend to all wind up being Guardian/Mendicants if one of them is doing it. Makes managing a balanced group a major chore and I have to keep reseting my mele pawn to Scather Utilitarian constantly because she keeps picking up Guardian/Mendicant from people who rent her all the fucking time.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm taking a little break from this game but did log on to 1.6 Million more RC today that finally placed me in the top 50. The next highest thing I've been ranked on nationally in Live is a Zen Pinball table at ~200 or so.

Looking forward to finishing DD, just got sidetracked a bit.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Nice! Grats!
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Tom Chick is a bit of a dick, but his review of this is pretty fucking hillarious:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/0 ... ons-dogma/
Jared is concerned that you’re not guiding him through appropriately leveled encounters and bosses. Is he supposed to actually fight that dragon by the lake? What about the huge cyclops lumbering out of the forest? Shouldn’t there be a word or a number in red? Shouldn’t there be a sign?

What’s he supposed to do, decide these things for himself? How is Jared supposed to know where he’s supposed to go and when he’s supposed to go there? What kind of quest system doesn’t have levels so you know when to do them? How is Jared supposed to know if he should keep trying to get past this group of bandits or through that cave?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The Giant Bomb quick look on this was pretty fun too.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've been too busy with school and stuff the last week to play at all, but I've been watching my room mate a bit. The post game fight with the ur dragon, and how it's a online cooperative effort is pretty cool. My roomate just got a bunch of shot when the 35th xbox kill happened today. It's funny, but not at all surprising how many more times it's been killed on ps3, those crazy japaneses don't play!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

bought this the other day on a whim. I like it, its not impossibly hard, but have a hard time when mobs swarm. I'm only a few hours in though. Wish people would use my pawn more, but whatever! I just want to get the DLC :)
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

If you are on the PS3, I can take your pawn around in a day or two once I start NG+, since I am basically high enough level to solo the main game.

Dwight Eisenhower
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Sorry bud, i went 360 with this one. My pawn's name is Lynia for the rest of you fools. She is not hawt. But she is a damn good tank, and takes a real beating.

I switched my profession to Ranger and am liking it less than strider so far. There's so few skills to choose from one you are at rank one profession, that it makes it a little difficult to get started. I was enjoying bow combat so much, decided to make that leap at lvl 25. Took the gryphon out right after that with minimal difficulty, so I'm guessing I'm going to stick with that vocation.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I picked this up a couple weeks ago when it was on sale at Best Buy for around $15. I still haven't played, but I finally got around to rereading some of this thread about the pawns and such. I also pulled out the tablet for several videos and I am hoping it is as nice as it has all looked/sounded.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

A quick public service announcement for you Dragon's Dogma and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen players. A number of users have encountered an unforeseen issue with a recent downloadable Title Update (patch). The TU, in some cases, has caused players' DD save data to become corrupted, meaning the game will no longer save or load their game progress.

To prevent the possibility of permanent loss of your data, please copy your existing save data (whether it be DD or DDDA) to an external storage device or cloud whenever possible--especially if you are picking up the game for the first time in awhile or switching over to Dark Arisen for the first time.

If you experience repeated issues with your save data becoming corrupt, please try playing the game offline while we investigate the issue. We’re exploring the issue currently and hope to have a solution as quickly as possible. Many apologies for the inconvenience.
Patches baaaad.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Great game. Id rank it even higher than TR.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

http://www.pcgamer.com/dragons-dogma-da ... ing-to-pc/
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming to PC
Only a few months ago, Andy included Dragon's Dogma on his list of console exclusives that should come to PC. What do you know? Looks like Capcom paid attention.

Dragon's Dogma is an action RPG that originally came out for the PS3 and Xbox 360 back in 2012, from the same director as Devil May Cry 2, 3, and 4, Hideaki Itsuno.

In some ways it's a standard fantasy RPG, with character classes and quests and lots of fantastical enemies to fight. The main feature that sets it apart is its Pawn system, whereby your party is made up of your own character plus NPCs called Pawns that you can borrow from other players online. Also interesting are its boss-type fights, which might see you climbing on large enemies to target specific areas.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen consists of the original Dragon's Dogma, all of its DLC, and some extra content including a new zone called Bitterblack Isle and new items and quests. Since this is on PC, it should look nicer than the console version, and it'll have full Steam support.

It's due out in January next year.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Dragon’s Dogma 2 announced for next year!

I have the first one but never got around to playing it.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Man I wrote a wall of text for this one and battled crabby Kyoukan at the same time. I was great at getting under everyone's skin! Breaking out the pedo stuff is = to Nazi/Hitler references. Mission accomplished when that happens! I was annoying but did write in depth reviews. :poke:

First DD is way outdated now but really was a great game. Dogma 2 has been in the works for awhile so no idea how good it will be. The whole pawn thing was unique and cool but the story/graphics/gameplay all were above average. I recall the spell effects being really impressive for the time.

Graphics most likely won't be top tier due to the really long development of this game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

March 22nd so you wont have that long to wait to find out for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT0rIgaiPWA

I probably won't be playing it but for those who are I hope it's good!

--