What do you think about the world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Obama...the arrogant douchebag of the century

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05 ... ents-bios/
The Obama White House is drawing ridicule for appending the official online biographies of nearly every president over the last century in order to link President Obama's accomplishments to the former commanders in chief.

The Obama team went into the pages of U.S. presidents dating back to Calvin Coolidge to add friendly looking "Did you know?" fact boxes to the end of their bios. Those additions were used to plug a host of Obama administration initiatives, ranging from the health care overhaul to the so-called "Buffett Rule" to his green-energy policies.

For instance, the following line was added to the official bio of the late President Ronald Reagan: "In a June 28, 1985, speech, Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multimillionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule."

Seriously? It will be a good day when King Obama is gone.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Obama...the arrogant douchebag of the century

Post by Aslanna »

I don't see the outrage that FOX (and their mindless minions) apparently does. It's not like they are changing accomplishments of former presidents.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obama is a joke. All he's looking for another 4 years to enjoy the lifestyle.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

If Coolidge wanted his online biography to include more info, he should have had his own staff edit it!

:roll:
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

If you really want to get down to it, I think most presidents are douchebags. It is how they got there to begin with. :)
en kærlighed småkager
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

ahh the impotent rage of the lower class, poorly educated white american. thank you fox news; your tears are like wine upon my tongue.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Had Faux not brought it up who would have ever known or cared? Pres.next would've just wiped the entries and done the same.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05 ... ents-bios/
The Obama White House is drawing ridicule for appending the official online biographies of nearly every president over the last century in order to link President Obama's accomplishments to the former commanders in chief.

The Obama team went into the pages of U.S. presidents dating back to Calvin Coolidge to add friendly looking "Did you know?" fact boxes to the end of their bios. Those additions were used to plug a host of Obama administration initiatives, ranging from the health care overhaul to the so-called "Buffett Rule" to his green-energy policies.

For instance, the following line was added to the official bio of the late President Ronald Reagan: "In a June 28, 1985, speech, Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multimillionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule."

Seriously? It will be a good day when King Obama is gone.
ahahahaha you're an idiot. Arrogant? By what standard?
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It will be a good day when King Obama is gone.
That's cute. You think problems are red or blue.

:vv_brat:
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

If that's the best Fox News can do to stir up shit against Obama, he must be doing a pretty fucking good job!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I was more upset when he compared the LA Galaxy to the Miami Heat!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

obama... "hrm.."
douche.. "orly?"
kilmoll.... "oh. ok."
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

If Bush had done this, you idiots would have gone absolutely apeshit.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:If Bush had done this, you idiots would have gone absolutely apeshit.
No we wouldn't. I don't see the big deal. It's pointless yeah but in the end pretty harmless. Who even reads online biographies? FOX news, apparently!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah Bush only co-opted a whole aircraft carrier so he could pretend to be a fighter pilot that single-handedly won a war that hadn't even started yet.

I'm pretty sure you're getting dumber. I thought people got wiser as they aged but I actually think you're getting more stupid. like some intellectual benjamin button.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:If Bush had done this, you idiots would have gone absolutely apeshit.
And you're probably right for one or two people, but that doesn't take away from the fact that PROBLEMS AREN'T ABOUT PRESIDENTS.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Obama...the arrogant douchebag of the century
Don't worry, sparky, your title is safe. There's no way he could wrest it from you.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Mitt! Promise to rape and pillage Canada of all its resources and my vote is yours!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow wrote:Mitt! Promise to rape and pillage Canada of all its resources and my vote is yours!
Mitt's first declaration will be to return all body armor in service in the US military and issue Mormon magic pajamas in their place. Except for niggers and faggots of course. Mormon Jesus still hates them as much as ever!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

So, explaining how current presidential policy relates to past administrations is the height of arrogance? Compared to "I'm the decider!", seriously? Its better than the wholesale revisionism the GOP engages in on the Reagan and Bush 1&2 years all the time, thats for sure. I guess when your target audience is racist scared old white people who do not know how to fact check anything, let alone use the internet, this kind of bullshit flies. On the actual educated people, not so much....
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

scared people
"Scared people" sums it up, our society is going through a huge change. Frightened people and those who can be convinced they've been wronged by GroupX can be goaded into doing all sorts of ridiculous things against their own good. The major networks exploit this to sell more deodorant. All the while both sides are screwing the public in different ways for their own gain.

Plus they've been well trained to believe the media and not think too much. TV itself as a presentation method is to blame as well, the visuals effectively short circuit processing used in cataloging and storing the information contrasted to print or person to person communications.

I can think of dozens of well educated people without a lot of thought who buy into all sorts of incomprehensible (to me) things. Where the education (hopefully) kicks in is that they're generally able consider alternatives or that X might be wrong. Or have the ability to both disagree with something and concede that others have the right to it if they choose.

It took me stepping back and looking at what they've campaigned on vs. what they've done to change my mind. The current RNC is certainly not at all "conservative", the tea party might have been had they not been co-opted shortly after inception.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Sadly, the generation that gave us FDR's famous first inaugural speech also gave us the most fearful bunch of pussies ever: the boomers. Sometimes I want to vote for Romney just so they can truly taste the fruits of unmitigated corporatism and experience the end-game of supply-side economic policy.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt