Diablo 3!!

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Diablo 3!!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I am using DemonBuddy. The good bots you have to buy. I think it was like $50 for this one, but I can use it forever (but only on one account). Or you can pay like $25 or $30 more for 3 accounts. They also have somewhat cheaper options for a year license, which would probably have been enough, but I know I want to be able to use it when the expansion hits.

There is one other good bod, TNT, and I've heard it is actually more stable, and faster, but it is much more expensive and has a monthly fee. There are also some AutoIT bots around, which are by far the safest because they do not use any sort of injection. They are not detectable at all unless someone spends enough time watching your character move to try to determine it is a bot. But, they are much slower and less efficient.

And, yeah, if you value your account you will need a second. Beyond that, Blizz will link accounts used on the same computer and from the same IP, so you can be banned on your main account even if you do not bot on it. The only safe way to avoid that is to use a proxy for your bot, so they have no way of linking them. Virtual machines are suppose to work as well, because even though you will connect from the same IP, it looks like a different computer. It could be your roommate, sibling, parent, etc botting, and not you. I am running mine in VMWare Player (VirtualBox does not work. It does not support 3D).

I am trying not to show any connection to my main account, though that is where I will be selling gold. My plan is to launder my gold through d2jsp, so it never goes directly from my bot to my main, and I used jsp to buy the gold for my bot as well, so it won't go that direction either.

I'll give you guys an update on how the cash looks in about a week. That should be enough time to work out the kinks, and really get started. Hopefully I won't end up with both of my accounts banned by then lol. It seems that they just finished a ban wave a few weeks ago, so I think I should be decently safe for at least a month or two.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

My business I started a few years ago is having issues right now, and in the next few months, either they will get worked out (we have a few contracts we are attempting to get that could fix it), or it will fold. If it folds, I'll end up with a few servers that have like 30-100 ghz processing power, insane amounts of ram, terabytes of hard drive space, etc.

If this works as well as I hope, and my current business folds, I'll end up throwing some decent video cards in them and go hardcore with tons of bots all running through different proxies, virtual machines, and a mixture of botting methods (some TNT, some demon buddy, and have them running various profiles. Maybe even pay someone to design me private profiles).
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I've made over $400 so far on my first bot, after Blizz and Paypal fees. Of course, I got very lucky and found a Mempo with CC that sold for 1 billion.

I have two new bots up and going now. I am with my family for Thanksgiving, but have been able to check on them from my main account (friends list) and they are still going after 30 hours. I can't wait to get home and see what they have found :)
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I've made over $400 so far on my first bot, after Blizz and Paypal fees. Of course, I got very lucky and found a Mempo with CC that sold for 1 billion.

I have two new bots up and going now. I am with my family for Thanksgiving, but have been able to check on them from my main account (friends list) and they are still going after 30 hours. I can't wait to get home and see what they have found :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've been playing the PS3 version of Diablo III for a few days now and they did an excellent job of updating the controls for consoles.

I'm not interested in the last few pages on this thread bitching about the end game and auction prices. Who gives a fuck about that. I'm having some fun leveling up. Barb is pretty straight forward hack and smash but I also tried out the Witch Doctor which is a lot more fun due to having to just barely think about what your strategy will be as opposed to the barbarian that doesn't really matter with all the life sucking abilities and armor they have.

This is almost as fun as Champions of Norrath. I don't know how people would want to play a game like this on the PC or at least without a controller. It's much more fun to sit back and play instead of hunched over a keyboard, which gets back to my first comment of Blizzard doing and excellent job converting the game to consoles, I even prefer the craptastic PS3 controller over mouse/keyboard. (just ask if you want to know why I don't like the dualshock controller)

If you're playing multiplayer, loot is distributed client side so you have your own loot and don't have to bicker over it.

Here's a video of the console version so you can see the differences:

http://youtu.be/fE2JpFcO3mQ
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I even prefer the craptastic PS3 controller over mouse/keyboard. (just ask if you want to know why I don't like the dualshock controller)
What's wrong with the dualshock controller?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

who gives a shit what your opinion is on a 2 year old game that you're only getting to now because you can pirate it?

wait. I could have ended that sentence after the eighth word.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow wrote:I've been playing the PS3 version of Diablo III for a few days now and they did an excellent job of updating the controls for consoles.

I'm not interested in the last few pages on this thread bitching about the end game and auction prices. Who gives a fuck about that. I'm having some fun leveling up. Barb is pretty straight forward hack and smash but I also tried out the Witch Doctor which is a lot more fun due to having to just barely think about what your strategy will be as opposed to the barbarian that doesn't really matter with all the life sucking abilities and armor they have.

This is almost as fun as Champions of Norrath. I don't know how people would want to play a game like this on the PC or at least without a controller. It's much more fun to sit back and play instead of hunched over a keyboard, which gets back to my first comment of Blizzard doing and excellent job converting the game to consoles, I even prefer the craptastic PS3 controller over mouse/keyboard. (just ask if you want to know why I don't like the dualshock controller)

If you're playing multiplayer, loot is distributed client side so you have your own loot and don't have to bicker over it.

Here's a video of the console version so you can see the differences:

http://youtu.be/fE2JpFcO3mQ
Diablo 3 is totally worth playing. I thought it got better the further along as you leveled, but that required multiple playthroughs. The good part is that during each playthrough you end up approaching your builds and the game itself entirely different each time because you have more advanced/varied powers and abilities. The game really comes together when playing with others IMO.

I look forward to couch co-op with my wife and kids. My kids will die a lot, but all of us playing together will be worth it! The controls were great when I played the demo at PAX. They definitely took notes from the Torchlight port from PC to console. That game controlled so well on console that it felt like a step back going back to mouse clicking.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I never made it through the first play-through, seems like you hit a dead end unless you're willing to spend far more time than I was grinding for gear. Or spend real money which I'm not willing to do either.

Seemed designed for profit, not entertainment. They missed the balance.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aabidano wrote:I never made it through the first play-through, seems like you hit a dead end unless you're willing to spend far more time than I was grinding for gear. Or spend real money which I'm not willing to do either.

Seemed designed for profit, not entertainment. They missed the balance.
You can spend in-game money, which is what I did. I had like, 5 million gold and nothing to spend it on in-game so I went to the AH for the first time after already beating the game on Inferno with gear I got along the way. I spent most of my gold gearing the shit out of my next few characters which was really fun in it's own right.

You do not have to spend a dime of RL money. You don't even have to spend in-game currency if you don't want to.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Diablo 3 is totally worth playing. I thought it got better the further along as you leveled, but that required multiple playthroughs. The good part is that during each playthrough you end up approaching your builds and the game itself entirely different each time because you have more advanced/varied powers and abilities. The game really comes together when playing with others IMO.

I look forward to couch co-op with my wife and kids. My kids will die a lot, but all of us playing together will be worth it! The controls were great when I played the demo at PAX. They definitely took notes from the Torchlight port from PC to console. That game controlled so well on console that it felt like a step back going back to mouse clicking.
I hit level 15 with my Barbarian and can see that I may need to grind a bit to stick with the storyline as it's getting sketchy on Boss fights. I just took down the Butcher in Act I.

While he was kind of easy due to the Leap ability of the barb along with the two healing pots in the room, the general masses of mobs are getting harder, or at least more irritating. Those Wasp looking things in the desert with the stream of mini bugs that do damage are causing me grief as a melee class.

I tend have fun but burn out on these kind of games pretty quick so can't speak to those that are complaining about spending money in the auction house. I treat it more like a stand alone game like Champions of Norrath and deal with whatever armor/weapons I can obtain myself. Save the micro transactions for more traditional MMOs. It's all about the journey. If the end game isn't that great or cost too much and can't be obtained with in-game earned gold, no need to bother with it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I completed the game in Normal mode this past weekend.

Since this game as been out a long time there's not much to say except that the console version is excellent. Kotaku also seems to think the same:

http://kotaku.com/the-console-version-o ... th-5992203

Normal mode was fun but after hitting Act III, I got a legendary weapon drop (Fjord Cutter) and that was all she wrote as I blasted through anything thrown at me with ease.

I'm going to play Nighmare mode now. I had 5 legendary item drops yesterday. Is that normal? Only 2 were off bosses. I only killed a few mobs in Nightmare but I feel way overpowered with all my equipment/level gained from Normal mode. Is that how it's supposed to work or is it suggested that you start out with a fresh character for each mode?

With equipment being so important in the game, my enchantress follower went from a non factor to a god with a single purchase in a merchant store of a rare staff that had assloads of vitality and intelligence.

A belated "job well done" to Blizzard on this game. Using the controller felt right, great even. Blizzard put a lot of work into making the console version which many are thinking is the better version compared to PC. The Kotaku article linked above is worth reading.
Last edited by Winnow on September 3, 2013, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Using the controller felt right, great even.
Well yeah considering it's a DualShock 3 what would you expect!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fans have already shown some anger at this port—one message board user theorized that the PC version of Diablo III was actually a "beta" for this one.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

They revamped the boss fights, removed online-only restriction, added several features and want us to think the PC version wasn't just a shitty, profitable beta. Those fucking assholes. I'm going to show them my rage by killing more hookers than usual in GTA5.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I just like how people are mentioning the removal of the auction house as if it was done to enhance the game for players. It was done because Blizzard would have to share their profit with Sony, and it would likely have been a nightmare to implement.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:It was done because Blizzard would have to share their profit with Sony, and it would likely have been a nightmare to implement.
This is also available on 360.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm glad I waited for the console version.

I think it's confirmed for the PS4. I'll buy it if they also release it for the Xbox One. Probably even for the PS4 depending on if the controller feels a little better than the current one.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Same story there. Point being it wasn't removed because it ruined the game for everyone that wasn't trying to make real money off the AH.

I hope they drastically increased item drop rates to compensate for there not being an AH, because otherwise the game would be even less enjoyable after your first time through inferno.

Game just lost it's appeal to me. I played through on inferno on one character probably 50 times easy, and still didn't have any top tier items. After that much time I'd expect to be decked out and moving onto the next character.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I hope they [...] increased item drop rates
They did.

What was and will continue to be my main gripe with D3 is the shitty stat system. Each class has ONE important offensive stat that you NEED or the piece of gear is WORTHLESS. Weapons? High DPS is ALL that matters. It boils down much too simply. They should have stuck with D2's system, where you could get an item so badass and so unique that you'd build a new character around that item. It's so goddamned obvious. A fucking shame. Fuck D3 in its WoW sucking ass.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: I hope they drastically increased item drop rates to compensate for there not being an AH, because otherwise the game would be even less enjoyable after your first time through inferno.
I got 5 legendary drops in one day. Is that more than you would get on the PC version?

I think a game like Diablo is better off releasing an entire new game every year or other year (more like every 5 years for Blizzard) instead of DLC due to the insane armor/weapons that vets have. It does lose it's appeal when you've played it long enough to have most things maxed out and starting from the beginning again through all the play modes would be more appealing.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:
I hope they [...] increased item drop rates
They did.

What was and will continue to be my main gripe with D3 is the shitty stat system. Each class has ONE important offensive stat that you NEED or the piece of gear is WORTHLESS. Weapons? High DPS is ALL that matters. It boils down much too simply. They should have stuck with D2's system, where you could get an item so badass and so unique that you'd build a new character around that item. It's so goddamned obvious. A fucking shame. Fuck D3 in its WoW sucking ass.
Yeah it's been quite a while for me, but that was definitely something I thought was ridiculous. You have all these different stats, but most of them are meaningless unless you happen to get the perfect combo of stats on an item, which was so rare it's not even worth considering.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote: I hope they drastically increased item drop rates to compensate for there not being an AH, because otherwise the game would be even less enjoyable after your first time through inferno.
I got 5 legendary drops in one day. Is that more than you would get on the PC version?

I think a game like Diablo is better off releasing an entire new game every year or other year (more like every 5 years for Blizzard) instead of DLC due to the insane armor/weapons that vets have. It does lose it's appeal when you've played it long enough to have most things maxed out and starting from the beginning again through all the play modes would be more appealing.

Yes, I got maybe 5 legendary drops the entire time I played, and they were all garbage that was hardly even worth putting on the AH if I remember correctly.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

They ever fix the pc version?
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Canelek wrote:They ever fix the pc version?
I believe it's coming up in a patch. But right now? No.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Canelek wrote:They ever fix the pc version?
What is there to fix? Left clicking repeatedly and without end is both therapeutic and glorifies great leader Blizzard.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

This is pretty fun with local co-op. My wife and I played about an hour last night. She said "Hey, let's call into work tomorrow and play this all night instead!". (No) While I have beat the PC version with every character, she has never played this before. She was saying how much the demon hunter reminded her of her assassin from Diablo 2. She went on to talk about her traps build and how well it worked with my melee druid and I had to stop her because all her nerd talk was totally turning me on.

Having to watch someone else go through the equip and sell menus can get semi lame, but it also gives us a good chance to scope out what the other looted and let them know if we need it :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I finished Act I on Nightmare level last night. They added more elite mobs/fights. I thought it might be boring repeating the same content but that hasn't been the case. The mobs are upgraded enough and there are subtle change to make it interesting. Plus, the fights are more fun. Even with the Barbarian, there are plenty of ways to tailor how you want to play the class. I chose to have shit tons of healing. For all abilities, I choose the runes that provide healing. As long as I have a constant flow of mobs to kill, my health stays high. Biggest thing I need to look out for are poison AOEs. I don't bother with crafting except for gem socketing which are easy to upgrade and manage.

Re: legendary drops. I got one legendary drop through Act I/Nightmare. It happened to be a Monster Hunter sword with some insane bleeding damage stats.

I didn't expect any legendary drops in Act I so that was a nice surprise. Glad there is no player cash/gold market to deal with. It makes for a better game that way.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Auction House.. Dead! (eventually)
When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

We feel that this move along with the Loot 2.0 system being developed concurrently with Reaper of Souls™ will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players.

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeaaaah, it's too late. The imbalance that's created in what people have gear wise has nullified any hopes of PvP being fun for the average person, and I have to imagine most people that stopped playing due to this and other issues won't likely be coming back.

And they created it so they could make money off it. Plain and simple. Convenience my ass.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That imbalance will not exist when the expansion is released. It's a reset button. A do over. A fresh start. New levels and gear should make sure anything below max level won't mean a thing.

I'm not trying to convince you to play or anything. I'm just pointing out that the reason you pointed out doesn't hold any water.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

they better be re-doing how loot works then because I never even one time of levelling two classes into inferno had anything even remotely worthwhile drop. not once. 100% of my gear is from botters on AH.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

kyoukan wrote:they better be re-doing how loot works then because I never even one time of levelling two classes into inferno had anything even remotely worthwhile drop. not once. 100% of my gear is from botters on AH.
Yep, me too! I just use in-game gold so no biggie for me. If the content looks fun, and they are getting rid of the AH, it seems like worth trying.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:That imbalance will not exist when the expansion is released. It's a reset button. A do over. A fresh start. New levels and gear should make sure anything below max level won't mean a thing.

I'm not trying to convince you to play or anything. I'm just pointing out that the reason you pointed out doesn't hold any water.
That may be so, but that was just one example of many ways they totally dropped the ball on a game that was in development for over a decade. Not saying I won't try the expansion, it's possible, but I'm not planning on it at this point.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The hype calls to you, Funk. Give in to it.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Were they intending to kill the AH? That was the single worst idea in the history of gaming. The loot rates were pretty sucktastic, but they did find ways to make them a little better. My only real complaint was that some of the badass packs had such ridiculous combos of abilities that it just made it tedious and unfun to bother farming.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The console version is great. If they balance the drops the same as they have for the console versions it should be fun for the PC people as well. This game plays great using a controller with the redesigned UI on the console version.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I'm not trying to convince you to play or anything. I'm just pointing out that the reason you pointed out doesn't hold any water.
But like so many games have done - when you screw the pooch as badly as they did with the PC version it's basically game over except with the fanbois. They aren't getting those customers back. They totally screwed up, giving in completely to bean counters in trying to extort some extra dough from people via the AH.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aabidano wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:I'm not trying to convince you to play or anything. I'm just pointing out that the reason you pointed out doesn't hold any water.
But like so many games have done - when you screw the pooch as badly as they did with the PC version it's basically game over except with the fanbois. They aren't getting those customers back. They totally screwed up, giving in completely to bean counters in trying to extort some extra dough from people via the AH.
:vv_yeahthat:
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Blizzard released a new update to the game yesterday that changed a LOT of things around. The main thing though is the new Loot 2.0 system that makes most drop much more tailored to your character and class than before.

I loaded up my Witch Doctor that I've put upwards of 100+ hours into and immediately noticed that they changed the way difficulty works. Which there are different levels like before, I think they renamed them and you get different bonuses depending on the one you choose. I went straight into Master as my character I remembered was very well decked out and started going at it in Act 2(which is where I had plateaued the last time I had played).

While enemies were still challenging and had a ton of HP, they had drastically improved Witch Doctor resilience, which I am grateful for. Pets aren't cannon fodder anymore and actually survive and protect me which is a huge plus.

Then the drops started happening. Within 15-20 minutes I had already replaced 3 pieces of gear with stuff that was drastically better and within 2 hours, my entire loadout had been replaced. Damage output went up by about 35% and which the game is still challenging and managed to kill me off 4-5 times, this wasn't frustrating or un-fun.

They've also added something called Paragon levels that appear to apply to all your characters once earned (except for Hardcore ones) that is a parallel XP system to the normal levels, giving extra perks.

Kudos to Blizzard, did have done a fantastic job revitalizing this game. I had so much fun last night that I'm seriously considering getting the expansion when it ships (if Titanfall hasn't consumed me).
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Patch 2.0 is amazeballs. This is what D3 should have been from the start.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I don't know...i played it 2 hours and only replaced one piece of gear...I was expecting it to be some windfall of loot the way people said it was working. Will play more on Sunday night and see how it goes. I was playing just Torment I level. Its tough figuring out the skills now...monk got obliterated :) that part is the most fun to me, figuring out a new build.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I don't know if I can get myself to give it another shot... Especially after like a year of not playing now.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

the expansion is now out...played it for 5 hours...leveled way faster than I thought it would be...and naturally, in standard blizzard fashion of expansions, they just make the HP of mobs super high, and the old "great" gear is trash. :) Having fun so far. Died a few times on Master difficulty level. Torment 1 was crazy.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

My physical CE took an extra day to get to my doorstep but it's at home waiting for me now. I look forward to playing! I was pretty disappointed it didn't arrive yesterday, but it's worth it for that Blizzard CE :)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Played it with Miir last night. Seems extremely well done. I was playing it on torment 1 difficulty but got to an event that was stop attrition on both ends and I wasn't winning so I toned it down a bit.

All in all, very well executed IMO.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What's a "miir"??!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Affectionately known around here as VV'er #55 - http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/memb ... ofile&u=63
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Aslanna wrote:What's a "miir"??!
I believe that is the affectionate nickname for 'Ladyboy' in Toronto.

I may be wrong, however. :D
en kærlighed småkager