NFL News 2012

What do you think about the sports world?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

NFL News 2012

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Figured we completed 4 months of 2012 we should probably make a new thread.

Is everyone happy with their team's draft picks?
Does evernyone thing the suspension levied against the Saints are fair?
Which team has the best chance of winning it all this season?
Which team will be the biggest surprise this season?
Will Tebow convert to Muslim?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: NFL News 2012

Post by Spang »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Is everyone happy with their team's draft picks?
It's way too early to tell.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Spang wrote:
Bubba Grizz wrote:Is everyone happy with their team's draft picks?
It's way too early to tell.
Thanks, now back to you Phil
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Pretty happy with the Stillers and Tampa Bay... Miami not so much.

Talking about a guy who threw tons of picks and couldn't take his team above .500 in the worst Big 12 I've ever seen as having "teh intangibles" really blew my mind. Intangibles win you more than 6 games in college.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I'm happy with the Eagles' picks, but I'm more or less always happy with their picks and sometimes that works out and sometimes it doesn't. I feel like we added a lot of talent at important positions.

Saints? I think it's more or less fair. Maybe a little harsh, but not something I'm going to get up in arms about. It should have been harsh. I'm surprised Loomis skated.

Best chance of winning it all? I guess I'll give it to the Packers. They won two years ago, they won a lot of games last year, and their defense can't be any worse.

Surprise: Either Cardinals or Titans win their division.

Will Teblow convert? I certainly hope so!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I think bringing in a dirty player from the Saints who is likely going to be suspended most of the year is going to hurt the team chemistry of the Packers. As dumb as it sounds, a lot of how I feel about their likely success will be determined once the Driver situation is resolved. I think if they cut him loose, then Ted the Ghost is basically going the Ron Wolf fart in the wind route of forgetting how an undertalented poorly coached team got to the top in the first place (team chemistry) and its back to the Mike Sherman/Ray Rhodes period again. Also, now that other people have seen the offense for a couple seasons, I do not think we will make it back to the SB under McCarthy unless someone slaps the cheeseburger out of his greasy paw when it comes time to motivate the team and manage the clock. Seriously, his coaching was terrible last season and masked by the ridiculous offense and piss poor competition, at least until a real playoff calibre team came into town and executed against us.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The NFL announced Thursday they are moving the 4:15 p.m. Sunday kickoffs to 4:25 p.m. to reduce overlap with the 1 p.m. games. (The 4:05 p.m. game times will not change.)

The league released the following statement:

“In researching the kickoff time shift, the NFL analyzed games from the 2009-11 seasons and found that 44 games required part of the audience to be switched to a mandatory doubleheader game kickoff. With a 4:25 PM ET kickoff time, that number that would have been reduced by 66 percent to only 15 games. Approximately 40 games over the full 2012 season will be impacted by the 10-minute kickoff time shift -- with half of those moves coming in games played in Mountain or Pacific time zones with 1:25 PM or 2:25 PM local starts.”
Sweet.

I was on the phone with DirecTV to signup with their Free NFL Ticket deal. I was halfway through the order when the call got disconnected. I waited 10 minutes and didn't get a call back. I then ordered some special Cox was offering for their TV service which gives a discount for 6 months at which point I'll cancel until next NFL season! Only bummer is you get 6 months of free HBO/Showtime but I doubt Game of Thrones will be on before then...not that I don't already watch it earlier in the evening before it airs from the internetz sources. It would be nice to have NFL ticket but with all the extra games on the NFL Channel, etc. It's not as big a deal not having it as is used to be. Cardinals have sold out every game 4 years in a row so I won't be missing anything there (it'd be blacked out on NFL ticket anyway)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So, since I didn't get NFL Ticket since I decided to go with Cox Cable, I decided to try a different way to get all the NFL games this year.

NFL Game Pass is offered to residents outside of the United States and Canada. For $159.00, you get all NFL games streamed live during the regular season. For about 199.00 you get:
Live and Archived NFL Games
2012 Preseason Games - Live
2012 Regular Season Games - Live*
2009 - 2011 Season Archives
HD Video with DVR Controls
Mobile/Tablet Access
Condensed Games
Big Play Markers
Quad View Mode
2012 Coaches Film
Classic Super Bowl Games
NFL Network Streaming Live
› Plus Select Archived Shows

NFL Network Coverage of Live NFL Events:
› NFL Scouting Combine
› NFL Draft
› Free Agency
› Training Camp

Archived Access to 2012 Playoff Games**
› Wild Card Round
› Divisional Round
› Conference Championship

Archived Access to Super Bowl XLVII**

Access to all features throughout the Offseason
I figured since I just got 199.00 off my new TV, I'd put that money right into the NFL Season Plus Pass (you don't miss much if you go for the 159.00 version though)

You get access through July 31st of 2013.

Main attraction is live NFL games on Sundays. You can watch a single live game, 2 games on the screen, or 4 live games in a quad-screen format. If you're a fantasy football fan, this is a nice way to go.

You get to watch all the 2012 pre-season games live as well which is nice for Fantasy Football people preparing for the draft.

Here's the link:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

You may not be able to access that link unless you're using VPN, etc to show an IP outside of North America.

Biggest thing is you need a VPN. I use Astrill which gives me tons of countries to choose from for where I want my IP to reflect I'm from. I also can max out my 50Mbps bandwidth using Astrill so that's not an issue. I used a UK IP to sign up for the service. It didn't seem to matter that my billing address was in the U.S.

Last year I purchased NFL Game Rewind which lets you watch all the NFL games after the last one ends Sunday night. It worked great although had limited worth for scouting add/drops in FF. You still get the ability to watch archived games (back to 2008, including playoff games) but it's the Live games that are the most important.

I don't think I'll be able to use the iPad streaming app unless I switch my router to VPN. right now I'm just switching up my main PC.

Anyway, just a good way to watch all the NFL games in HD without having to get DirecTV. I'm not a big TV guy besides football and will dump my Cox TV after the six month special rate is over.

The 30 minute condensed games (no commercials and no waiting between each play) are nice as well. Also, during live games, you have DVR functionality so you can pause the game, rewind it, slow mo, etc. Big play markers nice as well which let you jump to important moments in the game.

If you can get to this URL, here's a video of what it's like:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09 ... -Game-Pass

edit: oh, you also get access to NFL Redzone channel which shows every score during the Sunday games. (I'll probably play 3 live games and the redzone channel while watching whatever local game is on locally on the other TV.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:Best trick play ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln3RWKyUouQ
What does that have to do with the NFL?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Seriously? You waste more posts trying to police threads than ever actually providing any useful content. The entire VV board gets like 5 posts a day. I don't think you need to worry about spam.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

you already have the bunch of crap threads! Use 'em Luser!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Go back to your soccer threads you freak!
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Did everyone else snicker at Jerry Jones shouting out " I want me some glory hole!"?
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Wulfran wrote:Did everyone else snicker at Jerry Jones shouting out " I want me some glory hole!"?
Guess he forgot Aikman was retired.
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I think the worst part was that I knew what he "meant" due to one of my grandfathers drilling oil and water wells for decades, but I knew what I "heard" at the same time. I started laughing only to cringe at the thought of having to explain why to my grandfather. That would have been a very awkward conversation.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Michael Floyd made an impressive catch the last game of the pre season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdy7kHNHW-k

He didn't do much all pre season but that was impressive. He owns all the receiving records at Notre Dame and is a big body. It would be great if he turns out decent and takes the double teams off Fitzgerald.

You need to make highly athletic catches like that in Arizona due to the crap QBs. Now we have two WRs that can do that.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I just found this thing so impressive. I can't fathom the amount of rage this man can produce. Pure Rage.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/13488 ... y_spit.gif
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I just found this thing so impressive. I can't fathom the amount of rage this man can produce. Pure Rage.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/13488 ... y_spit.gif

I'm starting WR Alshon Jeffrey (da Bears) @ GB tonight. I hope Green Bay's Defense is as weak as it looked week one!

Should be a great game tonight.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

You wont get much traction out of that, but anyone with a Bears TE should probably start them this week. JBush can't cover a fucking 80 year old with a walker without drawing a flag.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Not to worry Winnow, I have Matt Forte in my lineup for tonight. I still hope the Packers win but they haven't convinced me yet that they can defend a high school team yet.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

not to be a packers fan, but jeebus, come on, its Jay Cutler.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

It is. However, keep in mind that Jay was having a pretty damn fine year prior to injury.

I am suspicious of Bears depth, but they made two brilliant moves in ditching Martz and adding Marshall.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:
I'm starting WR Alshon Jeffrey (da Bears) @ GB tonight.

Should be a great game tonight.

Well, I was completely wrong with both of these!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I'm so happy the defense showed up for this. After all the smack talk Cutler was doing it was really nice to see him get planted 7 times.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well he did lead his team to a decisive victory against the awesome Colts 4 days prior!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There was never a doubt in my mind the Cardinals would beat the Patriots in New England! :vv_pinocchio: I can't believe they pitched the ball when they were trying to run out the clock resulting in the lost fumble. Whichever coach called that should be fired including Whisenhunt if it was him.

Cardinals were HORRID on offense and they still won! At least Arizona's defense is for real this year. 2-0
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

We lost 27 people in our loser's pool due to the AZ win including myself. I'm sure a lot will buy back in. My fantasy teams took a beating this week. My main stars did really nothing worth while besides getting hurt. I have 2-3 people out with high ankle sprains now. That sucks.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

My fantasy team did swimmingly:

My opponent has a wide receiver remaining.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cardinals are 10-2 their last 12 games...or, sticking with this season. 3-0!

Beat the Patriots in New England last weak. Held the top ranked offense (past tense after today's game) to 6 points this week.

Jice, care to add to your previous posts about how overrated Larry Fitzgerald is? He had over 100 yards and a TD in the first half against a team that hadn't allowed a 100 yard receiver in the past 6 games. I always enjoy your comments!

Arizona's offense is highly questionable but their defense is looking great.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Yeah I could hear the sound of you furiously beating off to 3-0 all the way across the time zone barrier. Congratulations are in order, but the real admission I have to make here is that I was completely off about the Eagles. Well that and Kolb is probably better at QB now that he has had some time in the system to get the reads down, so good thing they kept him. If San Fran overlooks the Cards as much as they did the Vikes, then they might have a shot at that game too. But I would not exactly use beating up the Eagles as a measuring stick for greatness. The Patriots win is far more impressive, given that they played the Ravens so well at home. I still don't think the Cards will make the playoffs, but they are off to a good start.

The bigger story to me is the Raiders upsetting the Steelers. With all due respect to Wulf, watching the slow decline of Rapleshberger and pals is even more hilarious than watching the Lions self immolate.

Of course, if its any consolation, I don't expect the Packers to make it past round one of the playoffs, either as they are just like Denver and Atlanta; the best team in a shitty division. Competition breeds excellence and there has not been a lot of it in the division since the Saints broke Favre in half a couple years ago.

Dwight Eisenhower
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Not too thrilled about yesterday. Broncos D (namely linebackers, safties) were regularly missing coverage assignments. Offensive line was getting murdered by Watts, but that is mainly due to Watts being crazy-unblockable. Also, Manning was getting pummeled. Oh, and a ton of dropped passes... hopefully they start to get better across the board because after OAK next week, it is NE and SD on the road...
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Unfortunate that New England lost.. But on the plus side so did the Broncos! And the Colts. Overall it was a good day.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Man. Did Green Bay just get robbed or what? These replacement officials are shit. That was an interception.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmm so Arizona beat:

Week One: Seattle (who has beat Dallas and Green Bay)
Week Two: New England (in New England. Hadn't lost home opener in 13 years, who played Baltimore down to the wire in week two)
Week Three: Philadelphia (best offense heading into week three, held to 6 points)

I don't see any cheap wins. (although Seattle's win against Green Bay certainly was!) Jice scoffed when I said the Cardinals had a top 5 defense the 2nd half of last season. Seems to be true through three games this year. Arizona has allowed 2 touchdowns the first three weeks. (that includes games against New England and a Top ranked Philly Offense)

BTW, NFC West is looking pretty good:

Cardinals (3-0)
49'ers (2-1 considered by some to be best team in the league this year)
Seattle (2-1)
Rams: still suck but signs of life
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Robbed!
Replacement refs rob Green Bay of victory after bizarre last-second Hail Mary

The inevitable replacement ref disaster finally happened Monday night when the Seattle Seahawks were awarded a last-second touchdown on a bizarre Hail Mary scrum in which Green Bay Packers safety M.D. Jennings appeared to come down with an interception but had it stripped away and ruled a Golden Tate reception. That score gave Seattle an eventual 14-12 victory.

Tate had also blatantly pushed off a Seattle defender with two hands before making his disputed catch.

"That was two of the worst calls at the end of a football game that I can remember," an incensed Jon Gruden said on ESPN.

Call it what you want: A disgrace, a robbery, a pox on the integrity of the NFL. It all fits. Green Bay had a win stolen by replacement refs and by a commissioner more intent on a small part of his bottom line rather than the good of the sport.

Here's how it went down: The official with the best view of the pile (at left) looked down at Jennings pinning the ball to his chest and appeared to wave his hands over his head. It looked like he was set to signal a stoppage of the clock and a touchback. But the other official ran in, saw his colleague's arms about to move and put his own arms up to signal a touchdown. Based on the many camera views ESPN had of the pile, that official (No. 26) couldn't have seen which player had possession. His signal looked like it was an instinctual reaction to the other official moving his hands.

"From my vantage point, the referee in the back, I saw wave his arms over his head, which means he was a calling a touchback," Aaron Rodgers said after the game. "I have no idea how the other guy [called touchdown]."

The officials conferred for a moment before officially signaling for a touchdown. From that moment on, the simultaneous catch rule was not reviewable, by rule. The call on the field had to stand.

"I've never seen anything like that in all my years of football," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said after the game.

The chaos went on for 10 minutes while players milled around the field during discussions and reviews. Both teams had gone into the locker room before they had to be called out for the extra point.

Jennings came down with the ball. By rule, by sight and by every other metric, he should have been given an interception. But one official, with his sight obscured by a huge scrum of humanity, raised his arms for a touchdown formation, a signal that unleashed the controversy of the decade for the NFL.

"They should give Green Bay the game is what they should do," Gruden said. "There's no way Green Bay should fly 6,000 miles home after losing a game like this. That's what instant replay is for. I don't like the way this game ended. I have a bad taste in my mouth."

The NFL should too.
What a joke.

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Jice Virago wrote:
The bigger story to me is the Raiders upsetting the Steelers. With all due respect to Wulf, watching the slow decline of Rapleshberger and pals is even more hilarious than watching the Lions self immolate.

Dude....if 36 of 49 for 384 with 4 TD's to 0 INT (that is 8-1 on the year), then I hope he stays in that decline all year. He has looked better so far this year in Haley's offense than I have ever seen him before. Now they just need for idiots to stop fumbling, start tackling, get Harrison back on the field (because their linebackers are absolutely horrendous right now) put Casey Hampton on the bench permanently, and start playing more press coverage.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

@Killmol- When your pass stats are that high it usually means two things. First, that the running game is for shit. Second, your defense sucks balls and your having to pass a lot more as a result. You can take refuge in the pass to get you through the regular season, but it won't win you games in December (see Packers last year) and, hell, its not winning the Steelers games right now.

That monday night game was some of the worst officiating I have ever witnessed and I am not just saying that because I am a packer fan. The first Seattle TD came from a bullshit penalty for retaliating when the reciever cheap shotted the packers DB in the first half. The second half had that weak ass call that extended the Packers TD drive and a couple ticky tacky hands to the face calls that probably didn't deserve the flag. But that all paled compared to the last drive. First the obvious running into the kicker that was not called. Then the bullshit roughing the passer that wiped out an INT, where they just wrapped up wilson's legs as he was throwing not even hitting with the pads. Then, the most egregiously off call of the night happened when they called Defensive PI on Shields when he was the one actually interfered with. And finally the last play that is going to be disected to death for the next year. I seriously wonder if that #25 ref was in the tank for the home crowd, because he pulled shit same shit in the game he called last week.

That said, McCarthy's game planning was aweful and it took him so long to adjust that even he had to admit it after the game. Rogers is back to holding on to the ball far too long again. But there were basically three really huge mistakes that were avoidable. First, they should have taken the extra point instead of trying for a 2 pointer it would have set them up to do the safety dance which is my next point. Second, they had Seattle out of TOs with a under a minute to go. Instead of taking a risky as hell punt from their own end zone, they could have ran around inside it to burn time and eaten a safety, probably costing at least another ten seconds, and squib the free kick to burn even more time. Assuming they took the extra point prior, then Seattle still has to score the TD to win and they have less than 30 seconds and no timeouts to do it. That is all classic shitty clock management by McCarthy and he has been fucking that kind of thing up since he got to Green Bay. The third mistake was MD Jennings getting greedy for the INT and not just knocking the ball to the turf. If he is not a glory hound and just punches the ball away, especially with all the bullshit reffing that led up to that situation, then nothing else matters. He made a selfish play to try and be the hero and it ultimately resulted in what will be the most questionable call in NFL history, aside from possibly the phantom TD in the Cards/Steelers SB.

So, yeah officials determined the outcome of the game, but as much as it pains me to say it the Packers did it to themselves, mostly due to McCarthy's ineptitude. That said, the amount of cheap shots and dirty play that the SHawks engaged in was apalling, but I have kind of come to expect that from a Pete Carrol coached team, sadly. Its a shame, because Seattle used to be a clean fair team, but those days are over. But then again so are the Packers deep playoff runs until someone starts kicking McCarthy in the nutsack every time he fucks up his clock management.

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:Then, the most egregiously off call of the night happened when they called Defensive PI on Shields when he was the one actually interfered with.

I disagree that was a bad call. I can't believe no one else saw Shields had a handful of the WR's jersey and was holding him down for the last 10 yards that they were engaged. Seems most people, including the announcers, were looking at the other arms up top. It was clear as day that the defender was holding him. You could see the fistful of jersey being pulled down on multiple camera angles. If you're somehow able to watch that replay again, you'll see it if you focus on the other arm/hand.

Of course, there were plenty of bad calls in the game, but that wasn't one of them IMO. Seattle winning that game doesn't help Arizona.

In other news, the Cardinals have the #2 defense in the NFL (behind another NFC West team 49'ers #1) and are ranked top 5 overall. How does the "crappiest" division in the NFL have two teams in the top 5 and 3 in the top 10?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Started out the season ranked 23, then 20, then 14, now 5th. It's nice to earn your ranking and not just be thrown at the top to begin with! Which direction are your teams heading?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

the most questionable call in NFL history, aside from possibly the phantom TD in the Cards/Steelers SB.
What TD in that SB was questionable?
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

The one that they gave Big Ben when every angle clearly showed he had his knee down well before crossing the plane. That was just one of a long series of shit calls that riddled that game, including a cheap shot from Harrison that should have got him ejected and the non review on the questionable fumble call on the last Cardinals drive.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

@Winnow- I never said the NFC West was the worst division in the NFL. That title belongs to the AFC West with the NFC Central and South being a toss up for second.

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Jice Virago wrote:The one that they gave Big Ben when every angle clearly showed he had his knee down well before crossing the plane. That was just one of a long series of shit calls that riddled that game, including a cheap shot from Harrison that should have got him ejected and the non review on the questionable fumble call on the last Cardinals drive.

Dude....Roethlisberger did not get a TD run in that game. Maybe you should have put the pipe down once or twice while watching it to realize that they reversed it? Second, the booth DID look at the call on the last play and the league office said it....the announcers finally mentioned it extremely briefly. It only takes one look to see the ball was loose before the arm comes forward. The booth official is the one who looks at the replay then contacts the field officials if it needs to be reviewed.

Third, why would someone call for an ejection of a player on a penalty? When was the last time a player was ejected for a hit during a game? Haynesworth for stomping on someone's face without a helmet is the only one I can think of in the last decade. Not even close to the same thing.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Two in the last couple years that I can think of and not even on nationally televised games, though the Su stompfest got a lot of national attention.

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

So Haynesworth and Su stomping on people's faces. That sure sounds like the same thing to me. You might not LIKE the shot Harrison made there, but it is not a penalty. Up until this year, you could legally go helmet to helmet with a running back or other ball carrier or anyone other than a defenseless receiver.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I still think, beyond the seahawks/packers call, these refs aren't 100% worse than the regulars. Those doods miss calls all the time too, and call phantom ones when games need to tighten up. At least these guys are calling blatent shit most the time. I would prefer to see them call it more even, but that depends on what replacement crew you get.

The steelers do get me down this year, defensively. I'm fine with the offense, and think the run game will come along...it will have to, tbh. That defense can't decide on whether to look fuck old, or all pro so far. That Jets game was sick on the defensive side of the ball.

The cards are fantastic to watch. They are everything the steelers used to be, at least through three weeks. Its a long season, I actually don't expect the cards to compete by the end of the year, but I guess after watching their first three games, i wouldn't be surprised either. I just don't think they have enough offensive stars to carry the season.

I like the way you break down the pack game, Jice. I couldn't agree more that McCarthy is just a lame duck coach sometimes, and he sits back expecting shit to "just happen because its aaron rodgers". That offense really needs a kick in the sack. I still point to the Bears game as an indicator of a problem, because there was only one offense TD by the pack in that game...after having, what was it, 12 interceptions from Cutler? that's a lot of short fields.

i won't get in to "dirty teams". I think every team in the NFL is dirty on at least one side of the ball. I think its downright laughable to hear Joe Flacco say Philly was mean and dirty on the defensive side of the ball 2 weeks ago...fucking laughable. its football, nut up.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Can you ever recall a self admtted drug dealer and thief being the feature interiew player before a game? I sure cant, but thats who the Seahawks put up to be interviewed. Welcome to the Pete Carrol era, they guy who bailed his college team right before it got nailed by the NCAA. They have two of the most penalized (personal fouls mind you) payers in the game. There were tons of shots of them cheap shotting people the first couple weeks when the refs were not looking. Not quite Lion levels of dirty but getting there and Carrol has long had rep for this. This shit eminates from Carrol and will eventually cost them with a lack of disipline like it has the Lions and Raiders for years.

Dwight Eisenhower
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Found this to be pretty funny.

http://global.christianpost.com/news/ca ... ral-82253/

Most of you have probably already seen it. The actual video is at the bottom of the article.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Somethings up in The NFC West

2-1 SF is Considered to have the best defense. (this week at Jets)
3-0 Cardinals have allowed only 2 TDs in three weeks. Edit: no 100 yard rusher in past 11 games (this week vs Dolphins)
2-1 Seattle is allowing an NFL low 13 points per game. (this week at Rams)
Rams are still the Rams

If any of those top three teams put together an average offense, they're in business. Arizona's week one win over the Seahawks could prove huge at the end of the season.

I still don't know what to think about Kolb but he at least seems a little more settled down. I like rookie Russell Wilson in Seattle but need to see more. Alex Smith has the most stable weapons surrounding him to be considered average.

I like Arizona's chances in the next 4 games:

vs Miami (if AZ loses to Miami, it's back to pretender talk. Can't be losing to a team like this)
@ St Louis
vs Buffalo (I picked them to be in the Super Bowl so maybe not that easy!)
@ Minnesota (if Arizona can win on the road in NE, they are capable of winning anywhere)

Oct 29th it's vs 49'ers, then BYE, then @ Atlanta. Two tough games. I picked Atlanta to win the Super Bowl this year in the other thread. I've watched every game this year and they're rock solid on offense and defense.

-Ryan Williams needs to show he can play a full game and not fumble
-Kolb needs to lock down the starter position (Whisenhunt still hasn't named him the starter even after 3 wins and Skelton will be healthy next week)
-Avoid key injuries just like any other team...Patrick Peterson, Darnell Dockett, Calais Campbell, Daryl Washington and Kerry Rhodes all need to stay healthy

Michael Floyd was shown flashes and great hands but so far sucks ass as the WR that's supposed to take some heat off of Fitz. Thankfully Andre Roberts has been solid.

Edit:
Arizona hasn't allowed 100 rushing yards to an opposing running back in its past 11 games.
Nice! I didn't know that. Big part of why they're 10-2 their last 12.

Darnell Dockett may not play tomorrow. He's got a hammy issue. Pretty awesome stat is that he's only missed one game out of 131 starts. Now that's impressive for a DL/DE.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Referees sure don't seem to like Green Bay lately!

--