Comic Con 2012

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Comic Con 2012

Post by Xouqoa »

I'm interested in obtaining two four-day passes to the San Diego Comic Con this year. Anybody have some to sell, or know somebody that might? Let me know!

They sold out too fast for me to get them online, T_T.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Comic Con 2012

Post by Winnow »

Guess I won't be going this year. I didn't realize they sold out so fast. I'll make a note to check the web site earlier next year!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

On the eve of the San Diego Comic-Con I watched:

Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope
Box Office
Opening Weekend:
$8,203 (USA) (8 April 2012) (3 Screens)
Gross:
$34,665 (USA) (29 April 2012)
The movie follows several Comic-Con goers, Artist, Cosplay, Comic Seller, geek, etc through the 2011 Comic-Con extended weekend. I did find parts of the movie/documentary interesting but at the same time, following nerds around really isn't that exciting. Comic cons are fun because you see short glimpses of many many nerds, geeks and pop culture interests. When you drill down to just a couple people, they all have pretty boring lives like just about everyone else.

It was kind of painful to watch the wannabe artist, that sucked, try to pimp his portfolio. The other artist in the documentary that had some talent and what appeared to be much more focused determination to become an artist, found some success which looked deserved based on what I could see of his art.

I've never been to the San Diego Comic-Con and was clueless enough about it not to realize that 150,000 tickets sell out super fast each year. I'm going to try and plan a bit next year and grab some tickets. Maybe have a drink with Xouqoa if he manages to make it. (only if he comes Cosplay dressed up as The Machine!)

For uber nerds, Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope might be an interesting 90 minutes if you can track it down.

For pure comic nerds, I found, With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story was a well put together look at Stan Lee and Timely/Marvel Comics.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

I've lived in SD my whole life and still have never been to the con. But i've seen enough pics to feel like I have... good god.
Sick Balls!