Parks & Recreation

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Parks & Recreation

Post by Zaelath »

I think you guys have let me down by not mentioning this show. It's clever, well paced, and funny as shit.

Everyone is good, but Ron is easily my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXhJPey3i_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DleceyAO34M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nneO-c1l_Uc

If you have netflix and haven't seen this show.. you should. There's recent episodes on Hulu as well.

Oh, and Dregor even has Ron as his avatar... what the fuck :)
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Parks & Recreation

Post by Aslanna »

We can't mention every show!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I just got into this show last month. I watched every episode up to the current season. It got better as it went along. At first it was just The Office with a female lead. It really established itself in the second season and beyond. There are some great characters on this show!

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I just found out today that Pawnee isn't a real city in Indiana!

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
That's gold. Though his cornrow look when he was back with the ex was pretty hillarious too.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

you had me at "meat tornado"
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The struggling Peacock network is taking a new direction with its primetime lineup, and that means cleaning house. Until this week, the once-dominant network had been suspiciously mum on its plans for next season. That all changed with a giant info dump from NBC execs which included the fates of veteran sitcoms “30 Rock,” “Community” and “Parks and Recreation.”

All three critical darlings will be given abbreviated “send off” seasons followed by immediate termination. Despite receiving generally favorable reviews, NBC’s long-running Thursday comedy lineup has never garnered stellar ratings. The limited order of 13 episodes for each show must have seen like a good compromise solution for the network that has seen itself slide from first to fourth place over the last decade.
P & R was pretty good. As mentioned it did seem like The Office just in a different setting when it started however it seemed to find its own identity after awhile.

I know people seemed to hate Community. But I liked it. It took risks a lot of the time and wasn't content being just a "traditional" sitcom. Maybe that was its downfall! However I didn't see how it could last really more than a couple years anyway.. The same length as actual community college.

As far as 30 Rock goes... I've never seen that show so no personal loss there.

---

Edit.. Sounds like P&R maybe got renewed for 22 episodes now so... Rumors abound! Hard to know which news is accurate.
No word yet on the Peacock's other Internet darlings, Parks & Rec and Community, but the latest from people who know these things is that the unconfirmed report that they were being canceled is incorrect, and they will indeed be returning for additional seasons, though those too may be shortened to make room for a raft of new sitcoms that were picked up earlier this week.

UPDATE: Community has now been renewed as well. Only 13 episodes have been ordered, but HitFix says that number could grow to 22, and, at least for now, the fourth season may not be the show's last.

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I'm glad P&R and Community got renewed. I like them both a lot, along with 30 Rock. It's a bummer that this will be 30 Rock's finale season, but I don't mind the shorter seasons at all. I've said elsewhere before that I wish the networks would fully adopt the 13 episode model preferred by the cable networks. I think it keeps the writing tighter, and allows for a lot more variety on the network schedule.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xatrei wrote:I've said elsewhere before that I wish the networks would fully adopt the 13 episode model preferred by the cable networks. I think it keeps the writing tighter, and allows for a lot more variety on the network schedule.

Best would be to have two 11 episode seasons in a year. BSG used to split their seasons or did for a season or two. Hate the long waits between seasons.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I like splits as well! It made Walking Dead waiting much better.
en kærlighed småkager
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

The past 30 Rock live episode may have been one of the funniest 30 minutes in television history. I have noticed a theme of racism in every episode and in that particular one, they really let it rip using past shows as a cover. I thought it was great television. Jon Hamm in blackface!
Fuck Michigan!