2012 Finished Game List

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

2012 Finished Game List

Post by Animalor »

Animalor wrote:Reusing Fairweather Pure's initial post from last year because it was excellent
Here is where we keep track of which games we've finished for the year. I think keeping our small group of remaining posters playing and discussing on the same thread would be better than splitting us up into console specific threads.

--What counts as finished?

Well, I say it's when you see credits roll (if possible). Some games are perpetual, such as sports games, things like Battlefield 1943, and many others. For these, it's whenever you feel you've accomplished the goals you set out for yourself in the game. For something like L4D, it may be as simple as playing through all the maps, or as complicated as getting every acheivement in the game. We're using the honesty system here, so when you've finished a game, go ahead and list it!

What counts as complete?

This is a significant difference over simply finishing a game. Completing means you have snagged 1000/1000 acheivements or platinum trophied the game. You have done everything there is to do in that game. This counts for games as large as Fallout 3 and as small as an XBL or PSN game. If games have no "proof" or scoring method, it's all you're decision.

--What counts as a game?

It's a harder question than you maight think. For instance, when tallying up the games I finished last year, I had to really think about some particular situations. One such issue was "Do I count each piece of DLC for Fallout 3 seperately"? My answer was yes. However, the DLC for Gears 2 and L4D were only one map, so I chose not to count them. I totally counted Peggle on my iPhone, since I beat that like a rented mule. In the end, it's up to you. Some situations will just depend on your personal opinion on what you consider as a game, or just an addition to the game itself. More examples are the latest Borderlands DLC (not games IMO) and the GTA4 expansions Lost and the Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony (both games!).

--Do multiple playthroughs count?

I say yes! I played the single player of Halo 3, Gears 1, and World at War only to play all the way through them again at a later time in co-op mode with a friend. I plan on doing a co-op run through RE5 sometime this year. I count each one of those complete playthroughs as finishing another game. I think you should give yourself credit for the time/effort it takes to play through your favorite games multiple times. This also helps ensures that you continue to play games for enjoyment.

--What systems count?

All of them. iPhone, PC/Steam, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, fucking anything and everything!

The format will be as such:

Date - Game - System - COMPLETE

Only use the red completed msg when you have completed a game. The rest are just assumed that you finished a game.

PLEASE EDIT A SINGLE POST AND KEEP ALL YOUR GAMES IN ONE PLACE
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: 2012 Finished Game List

Post by Animalor »

Jan 8th - Deux Ex: Human Revolution - Xbox 360 - Finished
Jan 8th - Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - XBLA - Finished
Jan 27th - ICO - PS3 - Finished
Jan 29th - Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Wii Virtual Console - Finished

Feb 4th - MorotStorm: Apocalypse - PS3 - Finished
Feb 10th - Shadow of the Colossus - PS3 - Finished

March 4th - Kirby Return to Dreamland - Wii - Finished
March 4th - Resistance 2 - PS3 - Finished
March 15th - Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360 - Finished

May 12th - Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Xbox 360 - Finished
May 14th - Tentacles - Windows Phone - Finished
May 23rd - Diablo 3 - Windows/PC - Finished

July 5th - Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Xbox 360 - Finished
July 29th - Saint's Row: The Third - PC - Finished

August 24th - Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Xbox 360 - Finished

Oct 5th - Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360 - Finished
Oct 20th - Broken Blade - Android (Nexus 7) - Finished

Nov 11th - Assassin's Creed 3 - Xbox 360 - Finished
Nov 18th - Assassin's Creed 3 - Xbox 360 - COMPLETED!!

Dec 9th - Darksiders 2 - PC/Steam - Finished
Dec 10th - Need for Speed: Most Wanted - PC - Finished
Dec 28th - Brave - Nintendo DS - Finished
Last edited by Animalor on January 2, 2013, 5:16 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

1/8/12 - Dark Void - 360
2/6/12 - Lego Star Wars Complete Edition - 360
6/1/12 - WoW Shaman hit lvl 85 - PC
6/14/12 - Homefront - 360
7/10/12 - Diablo 3 (WD on Normal) - PC
8/12/12 - Lego PotC - 360
8/19/-2 - Lego Indiana Jones - 360
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on August 20, 2012, 9:02 am, edited 7 times in total.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Skyrim - finished
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - completed
Bastion - completed
Journey - completed
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - finished
Diablo 3 - finished
Max Payne 3 - finished
Limbo - finished
Deadlight - finished
Halo 4 - finished
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Why not make it like a task list? May as well add played time or something for MMOs. No need to start another thread. This is historically an MMO forum.

Mass Effect 3: Not Started
Bioshock Infinite: Not Started
Final Fantasy XIII-2: Not Started
Borderlands 2: Not Started
Grand Theft Auto V: Not Started Yet
The Last Guardian: Not Started Yet
Lolipop Chainsaw: Not Started Yet

MMOs

Tera: No Hours Logged
Guild Wars 2: No Hours Logged
Secret World: No Hours Logged
Wildstar: No Hours logged
Blade & Soul: TBD if released
Arch Age: TBD if released
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dark Void down. Here are my impressions as I played it.

15 minutes into the game: "What a surprisingly good game!"

3 hours into the game: "What a frustrating game."

End of the game: "I'm glad I'll never have to play this game again."

Core mechanics are solid and fun. Shooting and cover are straight out of Uncharted, but there are some surprisingly good innovations to the formula. The ability to leap up and down vertically using the platform/floor as cover was awesome and at times nauseating. The jet pack flying was fantastic for the most part. You do fight the same 5 enemies from beginning to end. The story is so bad, it's painful. The cut scenes are just awful, awful stuff. Graphics are a mix between passable and offensive. The check point system is a crime against humanity. Still, the game was totally worth 5$. It was about 7-8 hours long. Anyone that has played an Uncharted game will see a lot of parallels in what Dark Void tries to do with game play and set piece design. Dark Void is a poor man's Uncharted...with flying.

It started out as a 7/10, ended up being a 5.5/10.

I think I'm starting Saints Row the 3rd next...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Comparing Dark Void to Uncharted is like comparing Quantum Theory to Gears of War.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 - 100% - Platinum!
Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars - 100% - Platinum!
God of War - Chains of Olympus - 100% - Platinum!
God of War - Ghost of Sparta - 100% - Platinum!
Prince of Persia - Sands of Time - Platinum!
The Darkness II - Platinum!
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - Platinum!
Trine 2 - Platinum!
Prototype 2 - Platinum!
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Platinum!
X-Men: Destiny - Platinum!
Resistance 3 - Platinum!
Ratchet & Clank : All 4 One - Platinum!
Ratchet & Clank - Platinum!
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando - Platinum!
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - Platinum!

Back to the Future - Episode 1 - 100%
Back to the Future - Episode 2 - 100%
Back to the Future - Episode 3 - 100%
Back to the Future - Episode 4 - 100%
Back to the Future - Episode 5 - 100%
Frogger Returns - 100%
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - 100%
Super Star Dust HD - 100% (Base game. No DLC)
Last edited by Aslanna on September 22, 2012, 2:54 am, edited 24 times in total.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Dark Void - Highs: The Jetpack, Lows: Everything else
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

2 Games on 1 day. Deus Ex and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. I enjoyed Deux Ex but that game got preachy in the end..
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Two down so far this year. Not a bad start.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm off to a rather shitty start to the year. I've been playing a lot of WoW when I have spare time and it is consuming my console time. I'm playing Lego games and other kid friendly games a couple of times a week though. Goddamn I hated Lego Star Wars by the time I finished! Lego Indiana Jones is so much better. You can tell that Star Wars is a gen 1 lego game compared to the newer ones.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I've finished the two Lego Harry Potters and had fun despite the grind if going for Platinum. Only bad thing is I've only seen the first three movies so during most of the cutscenes I had no idea what was going on as there is no dialogue.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Another Lego game done! I think I'm Lego'd out for a long time. Clone Wars was pretty tedious to get 100% in compared to Harry Potter 5-7.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta down. Ghost of Sparta was the better game storywise although some of the enemies had stupid (overpowered) abilities. Teleporting mobs anyone?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

This looks to be the lowest my console gaming has dropped in the past 5 years. All I play is WoW, despite having some other great games to play. I've also been on a pretty strong iOS kick lately too. I bought Twisted Metal 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, and a couple of others on sale (I can't even remember the names, that's bad) and have barely touched them. I'm feeling a little guilty lately. At least I haven't bought any XBL or PSN games!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The last 6 weeks have been a bit of a wash =/ I am working through FF 13-2.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

My list is pathetic and getting worse as the year continues. I added my shaman hitting lvl 85 because I've been playing so much WoW that it deserves a mention. I have a priest at 81 and I'll add him when he hits 85 too.

I recently put in and played about 15 minutes each of a bunch of games that I have bought on sale over the last couple of months. It took me 5 hours to play 15-20 minutes of each one and I didn't even get through half of them. Ouch. The backlog swells!

I also pulled out a bunch of my games that I have made good progress in and plan on concentrating on them a little each day to knock some off my backlog. Dead Space 2, Killzone 2, God of War 2, Bioshock 2, and Batman: Arkham Assylum.

At least my Day 1 purchases are pretty much non existant this year. But man, there are deals everytime I turn around it seems. I just can't say no to 20$ or less games if I have even a passing interest in them! I found some real gems by doing this and I must confess that it's pretty fun playing a dozen new games in a single sitting, lol.

I hope you all are simply forgetting to update this thread because, if not, we're all having a bad year in game completions!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

My update is pretty much accurate. I haven't really played anything since March due to work. Most of my gaming time has been in EQ. I did finish Darkness II since it was fairly short but haven't had time to work on 100%ing it.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Homefront down! The game was pretty bad. This game had even more re spawning enemies than Battlefield 3 or Medal of Honor's single player, and that's saying something! Lots of jank from start to finish. Lots of pop-in. The sound design was not very good The game holds your hand from beginning to end and marks all your targets in mission after mission. It had shitty checkpoints and the enemy AI can see you looking between a crack in 2 boxes while laying on your belly and hit you in the face 4 times as they sprint backwards. The campaign was about 5 hours and by the end I was already pretty sick of the game. The setting was cool and that is about all the praise I can give the game. When they release a sequel, I will buy it when it hits the cheapie bin unless they really, really, really improve everything about the game. This game was not good.

Next up? I don't know, maybe Dead Space 2 or Batman: Arkham Asylum? Just finishing this single game has kind of inspired me to keep playing more. However, I'm going on vacation for the next 11 days and I'll only be home 2 of them so that is going to eat into my progress!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Darkness II was a pretty easy Platinum. Not something I'd normally buy but it was decent entertainment for $13. After tearing people heads off with killer tentacles I had to move on to something more relaxing so I working on Lego Pirates of the Caribbean now. Just a slight change of pace there. Pretty much finished with that will just have all the collecting stuff to get to 100% so probably over the weekend. Hopefully I don't run into glitches like others have encountered.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

06/14/12 - The Saboteur - PC - COMPLETE

It only took 77 hours.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Does the first chapter of the serial-game The Walking Dead count? :P Hey! I'm done until they release chapter 2!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Two platinum trophies over the weekend so 8 for the year thus far. Lego Pirates and Trine 2 down! 4 more for the year to average 1 a month. That's good enough for me.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:Two platinum trophies over the weekend so 8 for the year thus far. Lego Pirates and Trine 2 down! 4 more for the year to average 1 a month. That's good enough for me.
At this point, I would be happy with 12. Btw, I think Lego Pirates is the best one yet (but I have yet to play Batman). My kids are getting really good at Lego games but my wife and I still would rather play something else the majority of the time!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Clone Wars was pretty fun but getting 100% was a chore near the end. Pirates wasn't that bad although I had to use a guide for some of the minikits.. Even with the detector it's not always obvious what needs to be done. I play them when I feel like some mindless collection nonsense although I don't bother to buy them when they first come out. It doesn't take long for them to hit $20 or less.

Trine 2 was pretty easy to 100%. You don't even have to finish the game although I did. While T2 is more visually attractive than the first one I think I preferred the gameplay of the first. A few parts had me pretty frustrated trying to figure out what to do. At least it was 'free' as part of Playstation+.

--
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

So far:
Mass Effect 3 (Platinum Trophy)
Skyrim (twice)
Dragon's Dogma (on my second play)
replayed Jade Empire

Wife and I are currently doing Diablo 3 in small doses, but its kind of boring for us atm.
I am sort of in game limbo until something more interesting than Dragons Dogma comes out.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Prototype 2 completed. 4 platinums for June! And I didn't really spend much time as they were all fairly easy.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've been playing an awful lot of Rayman Origins 2 with my wife and kids lately. I have a feeling that I'm going to complete that sooner rather than later!

Rayman is a fantastic game for ages 3, 5, and 37x2 to play together. It is a hell of a lot easier playing with more people too.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So far I am pretty disappointed with Motorstorm Apocalypse and wish I had paid $5 rather than $20. I guess I should have tried the demo first. The controls are garbage compared to something like Burnout Paradise and I feel like I'm battling the controls more than I am playing the game. And of course there is no option in the game to adjust any sort of sensitivity that I can find. I read a review saying MA had the tightest controls of any Motorstorm game. If so I can only imagine the frustration that the previous games might have been.

I'm annoyed there is no brightness adjustment since on my monitor it's too dark during the nighttime races. And there's way too much shit put in your way just so you'll crash every 5 seconds. But maybe that's just because my screen is do dark I can't see the shit in my way! Most of the courses aren't too bad but Skyline is the worst by far. And no I'm not going to screw with my monitor brightness since it's just fine with most everything else and I use it for more than just PS3 and I'd have to be setting it back all the time. Why do all games not offer this option? It seems a no-brainer. It also seems that most of the ones without it have been first party Sony titles.

Then of course there is the respawn awesomeness of putting you just before a ramp so that you don't have enough speed and crash again 2 seconds later. Or a car comes up from behind and crashes you as you're respawning. Again. Hey it's only a race... I'm so awesome I don't really need those 10 seconds.

I was hoping for a 'relaxing' arcade racer like Burnout Paradise... As of now I haven't found that with MA. I'll keep at it and see if it clicks eventually but I'm not overly optimistic that will happen. Perhaps the online stuff will be more fun than the single player campaign but that still doesn't help when the controls are rather sucky.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Finished the ghost recon campaign last night, it was one of the better shooter campaigns I've played in a while. About half way done with max Payne 3 right now, then I want to finish dragons dogma and mass effect 3 before borderlands comes out.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Finished Max Payne 3. There were some tough parts, and I only played on medium. I can't imagine the two difficulties higher. I liked it though, it was a good campaign.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Castlevania Lords of Shadow finished. Dang that was a long game and it was getting a bit tedious near the end. And that was just to finish it the first time. Now to work on completing hard mode. And doing the trials. And also collecting all the collectibles. Not looking forward to some of them! It probably wont be anytime soon. Definitely not a quick platinum trophy.

And I'm not really sure what to make of the ending (after the credits). Not sure how some of the characters ended up as they did.

It was a nice looking game though and I really think it was better in the regard than God of War. Was this all on one DVD for the 360? It seems like with all the cutscenes and such it would easily be over 9GB.

--
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Got the kill on the online Ur Dragon, so I might try and fill out the rest of the plat trophy on Dragons Dogma, but for now add:
MTG2013 to the list, crushed the whole game with just the basic blue deck.
Puzzlequest 2 on the Droid tablet
also completed my FF7 replay

Looking forward to The Last Story
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

07/19/12 - Trine 2 - Mac - FINISHED
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote:07/19/12 - Trine 2 - Mac - FINISHED
How long was it? I bought it on the Steam sale. Sure is pretty!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
I picked it up last month for the PS3 (a free PS+ game) but haven't played it for more than 30 minutes yet.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
I purchased the game on the 14th.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
It's about 8-12 hours maybe depending on how fast you want to go through it. It's really not very long. I'd have to check my save file but not sure it keeps that info.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Castlevania Lords of Shadow.. 100%. I don't know... People said it's a pretty easy Platinum trophy but I had some difficulties. In some of the trials the controls can be quite shit so it doesn't do what you want. I put in about 40 hours or so to finish. Not really sure exactly as I let the game idle at times. At least 35 though!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

X-Men: Destiny finished. Not a very long game at all. Hopefully I can 100% it by the end of the week and can move on to something else!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Played through limbo and deadlight over the past couple days. Limbo was great, deadlight was ok, but there were a lot of parts that were overly frustrating due to poor design (IMO).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Resistance 3 - 100%. Giving me 12 Platinums for the year! I know I'll get at least 3 more once the Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy comes out in two weeks but other than that not sure what I'll work on after that.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I decided to go back and finish off Ratchet & Clank All 4 One while waiting so that's another Platinum trophy added. Basically I was procrastinating finishing Outland because I'm not really enjoying that game at all. I don't really care for the art style and I turned off the music after about 30 minutes. At least it was 'free' with PS+.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I finished Lego Indiana Jones. Fun game! Next Lego game is Batman 2 which we're already a ways into.

I put 7hrs into Crysis on PC over the weekend too. I always get far into that game, then lose my saves from a HD wipe or something. I've been 4-5hrs into that game 3 times but now I am now the furthest I have ever been and everything is stored on a seperate drive.

WoW got some play time as well, all PvP. I had to reinstall the client, addons, and tgen configure everything. I only did that for my main and I loathe doing it for my other characters. Ugh.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Ratchet & Clank 1-3 complete. Thanks 3 platinums! I have a ton of games still to work through but not sure what to go to next. I might take a break for a couple weeks.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Just wrapped up the last achievement in Assassin's Creed 3. I hate when they have multiplayer achievements. Haven't 1000/1000'ed a game in a LONG time.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Diablo 3
Guild Wars 2 (I finished the main quest, hit max level, did top level dungeons, etc)
Battlefield 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (yes...my first time)
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Last Story, Borderlands 1, and XCom are added to my list of finnished games. I am about half done with Borderlands 2 and currently replaying XCom. Might do Dishonored or Mario WiiU next, but not sure. XCom just reminded me how starved I am for a descent tactics style RPG.

Dwight Eisenhower
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

How was The Last Story?