Internet car shopping?

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Internet car shopping?

Post by Aabidano »

Put in a quote request via Edmunds last night to 4 dealers, first one just replied with a typical in-person high pressure spiel. If I wanted that crap I'd have gone to a dealer. Though they did drop $3k off of MSRP in a 5 second conversation. Think I started the price discussion too high @ 15% below sticker - dest. Will start at 20% under with the next tone to call.

*While my current Toyo is rather old, 19 years and 163k miles, I generally only put 4k\yr on it. We've been considering dropping back to 1 car for a while now. If we needed two on a weekend Enterprise drops off and picks up. $60 for a car for the weekend every once in a while might be a decent option.

**Dealer2 basically just wants me to come in and talk to a sales guy. No thanks.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Internet car shopping?

Post by Kluden »

anything that deals with dealers, will have them wanting you in a chair face to face. They can't get you to sign shit over the phone...so edmunds and the like are useless.

You have to use an actual car quoting service. Do you belong to a credit union? If so, chances are they have a car buying service for their customers. My credit union uses Enterprise Car Sales...same company I think as the rental car people...just a different side of it.

I have never used it, because I buy used...but a few colleagues have. They like how bloody easy it is to get a quote without sales bullshit.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Internet car shopping?

Post by Zaelath »

I just wish I could buy in US prices..

New Subaru BRZ is $25,500 off their website, $34,500 here assuming you could get one.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.