AV Weekend!

WoW Discussion
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

AV Weekend!

Post by Fairweather Pure »

For me, AV weekend is one of my favortie times in WoW. It's pretty much a guaranteed 350+ Honor every 10 minutes as Alliance. The best part is when the Horde just get frustrated and start trying all sorts of off the wall tactics like turteling, FWGY sneak attacks, and straight up not even trying for a traditional win, but instead set up blockades at choke points. It's mayhem. It is such a good feeling to be so vital in these types of wins.

Even better, as a feral druid, I often lead the charge. I'm tanking Galv, defending towers and FWGY as needed, and leading the charge on Drek. I can stealth and steal flags/GYs, or take possession of mines if needed. When the Horde turtle up, all I need is a healer and I can straight up wreck shit in bear form. If not tanking, I go straight to the Relief Hut and capture one of the towers. So much fun! Earlier today I had #1 dmg and 145 HKs in a single AV. We didn't kill Drek and I still had almost 600 Honor at the end of that match!

It's also cool how, over the years, strategies in this BG have changed over time. Right now, you better pull when you have 30 seconds on your second tower or else the Horde may pull off a win. That seems to be the key when it comes down to a "traditional" zerg attack on each others commander. Also, if the Horde turtle in their base, make them come to you at FWGY. If you go to them at RH, they can bleed you dry! Whoever has the longest walk will bleed the tickets fastest!