Ah good ole Sony

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ah good ole Sony

Post by Skogen »

So i decided to take a trip down memory lane, and take advantage of the 14 days free in Everquest....except i cannot remember my login info, and the email address i have on file is long defunct. So I jumped into Sony's live assistance to see if I cant retrieve it..

#1 in the queue, yet i gotta wait 23 min. Nice.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Ah good ole Sony

Post by Boogahz »

:vv_bonk:
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Well, I got my good ole barbie shaman back in the game, complete with all my glorious velious armor & spear of destiny. (oh the memories)

Currently lost in upper guk trying to find lower guk. back in the day, I coulda done it with my eyes closed.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Welcome back!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

...and what the fuck happened to Freeport!?!?

and dear lord, the level cap is 95 now? Christ, i hope leveling is a little faster than I remember it being!

Time to set up my dual boxing with my monk!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Skogen wrote:...and what the fuck happened to Freeport!?!?
You don't want to know!
and dear lord, the level cap is 95 now? Christ, i hope leveling is a little faster than I remember it being!
It's not really that bad I don't think. Mercenaries make it even easier for most classes. Although with work I really haven't had much time to play the past month so only managed to ding 91 and that's about it. That and the new expansion is pretty crappy imo with the new language stuff they added. Oh and it also broke my UI and I don't know how to fix it.

--
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

So I've been wandering around in EQ for the past few days...and keep asking myself "I used to play this?! I don't remember a fucking thing!"

Soooo much new stuff. So much content.

Trying to figure out Mercenaries...it seems the journeyman tank is the one to get....and holy living fuck, are they expensive. How the fuck am i gonna afford one?

What the fuck is a spirit shroud?

Where on earth is all this plat coming from? I remember I never, ever ever having more than 200 plat. Now I see shit that costs in the several hundred thousands...

Does a Hot Zone only offer extra exp? What are the current hot zones?

There are prolly over a dozen zones & dungeons I have never heard of, or know how to get there.

How do I play a Shaman again?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

How do I play a Shaman again?
buff / die
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

buff/slow/die?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't know the answer to any of those questions!

Although hot zones are usually just a boost in XP but I think sometimes some augs drop there. Nothing spectacular from what I remember. I don't know the current ones but a google search might bring them up.

Mercenaries aren't that expensive. In a lot of the newer zones there is some decent vendor loot that drops. For Journeyman mercs though I think you need to complete some of the SoD progression? I don't remember now.

Shrouds.. Eh.. I wouldn't mess with those.

--
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Well, around what time did you stop playing long term? Could explain a lot regarding the plat floating around. There's a loyalty meter that gives loyalty tokens weekly. The loyalty vendor in PoK 'sells' a bag of platinum. Clicking on it nets between 10 and 14k plat usually. And just hunting in some of the newer zones drop muti-plat valued junk drops.
Regarding mercs, a Journeyman tier 1 is better than an Apprentice Tier 5 so that's the best one you can hire w/out doing any Seeds of Destruction progression.
Don't play my shaman much so I can't help there. The number of different aa choices these days is pretty daunting so best of luck there.
EQ Zam is still your friend. And download the maps at Mapfiend.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

New Hot Zones!
- New Hot Zones have arrived! You can now augment your adventuring experience in Crescent Reach, Blightfire Moors, The Great Divide, Stone Hive, Dranik's Scar, Goru`kar Mesa, Plane of Disease, Blackfeather Roost, Sunderock Springs, The Steppes, Vergalid Mines, Direwind Cliffs, Ashengate, Korascian Warrens, and the dreamscape of The Feerrott. To find out more, speak to Franklin Teek and Skal Nethus in the Plane of Knowledge.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Skogen wrote:Trying to figure out Mercenaries...it seems the journeyman tank is the one to get....and holy living fuck, are they expensive. How the fuck am i gonna afford one?

Where on earth is all this plat coming from? I remember I never, ever ever having more than 200 plat. Now I see shit that costs in the several hundred thousands...

There are prolly over a dozen zones & dungeons I have never heard of, or know how to get there.
Not that it helps you now.. If you're still even playing although it's (sort of) free now. But the last patch made the initial purchase of mercenaries cheap. I think someone said they are a hundred pp or so to buy. In addition there is still upkeep you get charged every 15 minutes but I don't know what it is. With the top level merc it's about 100pp so 400pp an hour.

And with the free to play thing they made a zone finder feature... sorta. I really don't think it works all that well to actually guide you there but it does at least show the different zones to get there.

As far as how much items are in the bazaar... I'd just look up the items on Allakhazams or whatever and see where they drop. It might be something you can camp yourself!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I thought this would be about Sony cutting 6% of it's workforce by the end of 2012. That's 10,000 jobs!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I thought this would be about Sony cutting 6% of it's workforce by the end of 2012. That's 10,000 jobs!
Unless you live in India. Apparently those jobs are safe. Hmm wonder why that is. But it's bound to happen if you lose a couple billion dollars in 4 months.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Hot off the press!

(Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp flagged a record $6.4 billion annual net loss, double an earlier forecast and a fourth straight year of red ink, as it writes off deferred tax credits, heaping more pressure on its new CEO to turn around the electronics giant.

Holy shit. That is even worse than the worse predictions I have read about. Keep trimming the fat, Sony!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah apparently people aren't buying their overpriced shit. Who do they think they are, Apple?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If you're going to sell expensive shit, you better make sure it works and have excellent customer service. If you manage that, you too can grab 30% profit from sales.

Sony has been a suck company on its way down the pas 5-7 years.