Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Margin Call

Post by Winnow »

I watched this at the theaters today.

It was ok. It has a nice group of actors in it:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Summary: This tense Wall Street thriller follows the staff of a high-powered brokerage firm in the 24 hours before the stock market crash of 2008. Featuring an all-star cast, Margin Call was one of the most talked about films of the Sundance Film Festival and was also the Opening Night selection of New Directors/New Films.
With a cast like that it's got to have some potential. It lived up to it in the acting department. The story is a worthy one. It deals with the night before the market crashes in 2008 and the firm's decision to sell everything, knowing what it would do to the market.

It's worth seeing. Maybe wait for Netflix/rental, etc as the movie is a little slow, even if it is well acted. I wish they would have explained what was about to happen a little clearer. I knew but the people not into Wall Street activities viewing the movie probably might not grasp the significance of what is going on.

Budget on this film was only $3.4 M which is pretty damn low considering the actors. It's only in limited release right now with 56 screens:

Opening Weekend: $561,904 (USA) (23 October 2011) (56 Screens)

Trailer:

http://youtu.be/Y2DqFRsPrns?hd=1