SW:TOR Release Date Set

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

SW:TOR Release Date Set

Post by Bubba Grizz »

To all of our Old Republic fans:

In 2008, along with our partners at LucasArts, we took to the stage to announce the development of the long-rumored BioWare massively multiplayer game set in the Star Wars™ universe. Over the past few years, we’ve pulled back the curtain and shown you why Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is the groundbreaking story-driven MMO you’ve always wanted, and how this game will change the MMO genre forever. We’ve given you a peek behind the scenes each week, showing you what it takes to create the largest MMO in development. Our team has traveled the world to give fans a chance to experience the game first-hand, and you’ve created an active pre-launch community larger than we’ve ever seen. Our Game Testing program has been a huge success, and thanks to you we have been able to achieve the BioWare level of quality our fans have come to expect in all of our games.

Today, the wait is truly over – for a release date, at least.

It is our pleasure to finally announce to you that Star Wars: The Old Republic will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America, and in Europe on December 22, 2011. This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated the past few years to build this extraordinary game. We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game’s release. When we launch this groundbreaking MMO this holiday, we hope you agree that it will have been worth the wait.

May the Force be with you,
Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk
Co-founders, BioWare

Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: SW:TOR Release Date Set

Post by Winnow »

That's a little too close to the holidays. I'll have to start after Xmas with the relatives. Hopefully all the pre-order headstart stuff will take over with by then.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Odd. I preordered today and it has delivery estimate of 12/23. Damn you holiday lag! What odd release timing, regardless.
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Canelek wrote:Odd. I preordered today and it has delivery estimate of 12/23. Damn you holiday lag! What odd release timing, regardless.
If you ordered through Amazon, they usually do that, but I've never had a pre-order box arrive later than noon on release day.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

View the galaxy and ships:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/galaxy-map

need to install unity browser if you don't already have it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

18 minutes of Huttball:

http://youtu.be/juNABCw5338?hd=1

Cynical Brit narrated. He keeps dying in the fire traps. It gives a good looks at the UI though.
Fedoro
No Stars!

Post by Fedoro »

So very hype for dis.

Also have links for a bunch of beta-leaking sites if people wanna see vids and whatnot. Not sure if NDA breaking content is kosher on this board. Moderator to confirm?

Edit: Just saw the 40 post beta experience thread a couple of threads down, so I'll just put the links up and if people don't want spoilers, they shouldn't click.

http://www.alterswtor.com

http://www.betacake.net (this one has information on many games, but their forums have a ton of swtor info. need to register to read the gooderest stuff)

http://www.betafootage.com
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow wrote:View the galaxy and ships:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/galaxy-map

need to install unity browser if you don't already have it.
That's pretty cool. How involved is the space flight? Can you have battles?
Fedoro
No Stars!

Post by Fedoro »

They have a space-ship minigame that is basically a Star Fox type rail shooter. It rewards tokens that you can use to upgrade your ship's blasters / shields / mobility and what not, only for the purpose of the space game. Kind of a neat thing to do apart from raid to get gear to raid more to gear more. A progression path into itself.

There is no free-roam and you can't do pvp ship battles.

Upgrades to the ship cosmetically are confirmed for after launch. Not sure if you use the space game tokens to do that though.
Last edited by Fedoro on October 1, 2011, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

They should take that idea and run with it. Space battles is half of the Star Wars experience!
Fedoro
No Stars!

Post by Fedoro »

For real. And it sounds more fun than dailies, as something to do at max that isn't a raid
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Space battles is a good way to make money too, opposed to grinding dailies. And I think you can build rep and companion affinity too, or you will be able to.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The latest SWTOR beta build is 30GB. What a monster.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

The latest batch of tester invites went out again today and just like every other time, they did not email everyone who got in. So if you signed up for testing, even if you didn't get an email, log in to your account and go to http://www.swtor.com/tester to see if you lucked out.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Latest build was actually ~20GB, but the installer still thinks it needs 30 for some reason.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

The client has gotten smaller since the original beta. I think they managed to compress the voiceovers using some new algorithm. They don't sound any different.

But like half the fucking SWTOR folder is dialogue files. Every goddam character down to the smallest questgiver is voiced. Creating expansion content is going to be expensive as fuck.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Nah, they'll just hire Hank Azaria...he does like 117 different voices.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I don't think I could handle doing missions for Dr. Nick or Apu.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Installed this last night after a beta invite. The invite didn't indicate a weekend pass so I'm wondering I got one of the full time beta invites. Guess I'll find out after the weekend.

Edit: confirmed I'm in regular testing, not they weekend bunch. Nice!

The install didn't go smoothly on my Windows 7 64bit Pro OS. I had to dig into the User/Appdata/Temp/SWTORInstall folder find a rar file that had the launcher inside. After switching to english from german, the install went smoothly downloading between 20-40Mbps. I ended up installing it into the temp folder though which isn't a big deal. The installer deletes temp install files as it goes so I was able to squeeze everything onto my small SSD OS drive without needing 50GB + space.

I've barely played so far, like 20 mins since it took the night to download.

Liking it so far. Only issue I have is with the hair on the avatars. It shows bald spots and strands of it stick out of the skin awkwardly, ruining the immersion on otherwise passable toony character models.

I choose the trooper female and without looking it must be the same voice as the female voice actor for Shepard in Mass Effect. That's a good thing.

The overall atmosphere is well done.

I used the same profile I use for Aion on my Saitek Controller and it works fine for movement, basic keys, etc.

I'll be playing this most of the weekend with a little Gotham City Imposters beta thrown which I managed to install but couldn't get into an instance in time before the servers shut down last night.

Glad June-September is over. Oct ---> April will be good gaming months.

Edit: Another like: Being able to dynamically re-size the game window. Not many games allow you to the basic resolutions.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Just a note on voice acting with Bioware titles.

Bioware has done a great job with voice acting in their games. I saw article today that says Mass Effect 3 has 40,000 lines of dialogue compared to 20,000 in ME1 and 25,000 in ME2. In comparison, SWTOR has 800,000 (60 novels) lines.

As long as they continue to improve on their cut scenes, increasing the emotions and animations in them to complement all the dialogue, this is a great trend.

Another thing that makes me think SWTOR may have a little more lasting appeal than the standard MMORPG is their ability to add expansions that aren't just more grinding but can potentially add story and take the character you have invested a lot of time in and keep adding additional KOTOR type experiences for them.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

It's a big galaxy, it prolly needs lots of saving.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

SWTOR new build coming up. The servers are going down Sunday. No time frame yet on when they'll be back up or when the new build will be ready for download. It will probably be down for multiple days.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Contents of the Special Edition: (video)

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/22/star- ... the-force/

Standard edition seems fine to me. Don't need a statue or soundtrack.

The game come out on Dec 20th for those with the earliest purchases or whatever.

from Dec 20-24, others will slowly be allowed in depending on their pre-order times.

December 25th everyone gets in. I won't be able to play this until after X-Mas anyway so the pre-order won't affect me. I imagine others will be busy with family stuff as well around that time. X-Mas day will be a nightmare for the servers so have some more spiked eggnog and wait a day or so!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Erf. I thought that the release date being the 20th that the pre order people would get in on the 15th or some shit like that. I didn't realize that the general public who haven't preordered still have to wait until after Christmas. No great shaker I guess. I wasn't going to take vacation to play anyhow.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:The game come out on Dec 20th for those with the earliest purchases or whatever.

from Dec 20-24, others will slowly be allowed in depending on their pre-order times.

December 25th everyone gets in. I won't be able to play this until after X-Mas anyway so the pre-order won't affect me. I imagine others will be busy with family stuff as well around that time. X-Mas day will be a nightmare for the servers so have some more spiked eggnog and wait a day or so!

Um, no. Don't know where you got your information, but....

The order in which you redeem your Pre-order Code is the order in which you will gain Early Game Access before the game's official release on December 20th, 2011.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:
Um, no. Don't know where you got your information, but....

The order in which you redeem your Pre-order Code is the order in which you will gain Early Game Access before the game's official release on December 20th, 2011.
You can interpret that to mean that you are gaining access on Dec 20th, before the rest of the peeps get access.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

only if you're an idiot.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:only if you're an idiot.
That's how I interpreted it...
:(
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Well if it is the Official release date, basically telling the world that you are now available to play, and then don't really open until Christmas I think there will be some bad blood about that. Do they really mean that you can't play until Dec 26th (because most stores will be closed on Christmas). Who wants to go to the store on the day after Christmas and fight the rage filled population trying to return gifts and such. I think that would be a colossal clusterfuck.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Not sure which part of Official Release Date of 12/20/2011 is even a little unclear.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is available for pre-order now at participating retailers* while supplies last. All players who pre-order will receive a redemption code that will unlock Early Game Access**, granting them access to the game before December 20, 2011 in North America and before December 22, 2011 in Europe. Pre-order quantities are limited and Early Game Access will only be available to those who pre-order the game and redeem their code before the game’s official release. Included with the purchase of every copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic is 30 days of access to the game, after which players can continue to play through subscribing*** at either $14.99 per month, $41.97 for 3 months ($13.99 per month), or $77.94 for six months ($12.99 per month).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm invoking the Nazi defense!

Looks like it could be earlier than 12/20! I went back and read the post on the beta boards and it looks like the guy was speculating even though they didn't present it that way. My bad.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Latest patch notes for upcoming beta release.
SWTOR build 0.700.12 Patch Notes

General

Unique social abilities have been added to each playable species.

The Quick Travel ability now allows the player to travel to any previously unlocked bindpoint on the current planet.

Characters corrupted by the dark side now have the option to represent that corruption visually. Dark side corruption becomes increasingly visible as the player achieves new dark side ranks.

Players are now able to visit other players’ personal starships and travel with them to other planets when grouped.

Select high-security areas are now protected with laser fences that guard against hidden intruders.

Significantly decreased the amount of time it takes to ride a full cycle of the balloon on Tatooine.

Added several new mailboxes and Banking Terminals.

Made visual and other improvements to Holoterminals and Ship Intercoms.

Personal starships now count as rest areas.

Multiple improvements to chat and UI, including click-to-tell and item hyperlinks.

Classes and Combat

General

Overall enemy difficulty has increased through greater damage output and the addition of increasingly dangerous unique abilities.

Many enemy NPCs related to Heroic Missions are more difficult and have more interesting combat abilities.

Sprint now automatically deactivates while the player is in combat and reactivates when the player leaves combat.

Many abilities now gain new ranks more frequently.

The cost to reallocate points spent in skill trees has been reduced.

Players are now able to rotate in place while immobilized.

Polished and updated visual effects for several abilities.

Ability training costs have been updated and adjusted to reflect the overall number of abilities available to a class.

Fixed an issue that allowed some NPCs to be positioned such that they could be attacked but were unable to return fire.

Large groups of enemies no longer evade when they should not.

Large enemies no longer reposition themselves erratically during combat.

Jedi Knight

General

New skills and abilities have been added, and existing skills throughout all trees may be located in new tiers or have been otherwise adjusted.

Sentinel

New Sentinel Abilities

Rebuke: reduces damage taken and reflects damage back to attackers. It refreshes to its full duration when the player is attacked but cannot last more than 30 seconds in total.

Crippling Throw: inflicts Trauma, reducing all healing received by the target.

Watchman

Watchguard now additionally reduces the cooldown of Force Kick.

Combat

Swift Blades now reduces the cooldown and focus cost of Blade Storm.

Replaced Smoldering Winds with Jedi Crusader, which gives Rebuke a chance to generate focus when the player is attacked.

Guardian

Enure’s cooldown is now three minutes.

Vigilance

Replaced Zealous Kick with Commanding Awe, which reduces all damage taken and reduces the cooldown of Awe.

Defense

Inner Peace no longer affects the cooldown of Enure.

Focus (Shared Tree)

Agility Training has been changed to increase movement speed after using Zealous Leap.

Sith Warrior

General

New skills and abilities have been added, and existing skills throughout all trees may be located in new tiers

Marauder

New Marauder Abilities

Cloak of Pain: reduces damage taken and reflects damage back to attackers. It refreshes to its full duration when the player is attacked but cannot last more than 30 seconds in total.

Wounding Throw: inflicts Trauma, reducing all healing received by the target.

Annihilation

Subjugation now additionally reduces the cooldown of Disruption.

Carnage

Rattling Voice now reduces the cooldown and rage cost of Force Scream.

Replaced Spatter with Cloak of Carnage, which gives Cloak of Pain a chance to generate rage when the player is attacked

Juggernaut

Enduring Pain now has a three-minute cooldown.

Vengeance

Replaced Deafening Disruption with Deafening Defense, which reduces all damage taken and reduces
the cooldown of Intimidating Roar.

Immortal

Dark Blood no longer affects the cooldown of Endure Pain.

Rage (Shared Tree)

Interceptor has been changed to increase movement speed after using Obliterate.

Jedi Consular

General

Project, Telekinetic Throw, Mind Crush, Mind Snap, and Force Slow have had their maximum range adjusted to 10 meters.

Sage

Kinetic Collapse has been moved to the Telekinetics skill tree.

Telekinetics

Telekinetic Effusion now additionally reduces the cooldown of Force Speed.

Tidal Force is now a single-point skill.

Shadow

Force Breach has had its maximum range adjusted to 10 meters.

Kinetic Combat

Harnessed Shadows has had its healing output increased significantly.

Particle Acceleration now increases the critical hit damage of automatic critical hits dealt by uses of Project that consume a Force Potency charge.

Infiltration

Subduing Techniques now increases the duration and reduces the cooldown of Force Slow.

Bug Fixes

Jedi Shadow skill tree for Kinetic Combat is now properly marked as a Defense role.

Sith Inquisitor

General

Shock, Force Lightning, Crushing Darkness, Jolt, and Force Slow have had their maximum range adjusted to 10 meters.

Sorcerer

Corruption

Backlash has been moved to the Lightning skill tree.

Lightning

Lightning Effusion now additionally reduces the cooldown of Force Speed.

Lightning Storm is now a single-point skill.

Assassin

Discharge has had its maximum range adjusted to 10 meters.

Darkness

Energize now increases the critical hit damage of automatic critical hits dealt by uses of Shock that consume a Recklessness charge.

Harnessed Darkness has had its healing output increased significantly.

Deception

Static Cling now increases the duration and reduces the cooldown of Force Slow.

Smuggler

General

Some abilities have been moved and are now trainable at new levels.

The Cover System has been altered. Smugglers now begin play with Crouch, allowing the player to take cover at any location.

Defensive bonuses are determined by the characters position, and Show Cover is now on by default.

Gunslingers receive an additional passive ability, Hold Position, that increases ranged defense and provides immunity to knockbacks and activation pushback while in cover.

Imperial Agent

General

Some abilities have been moved and are now trainable at new levels.

The Cover System has been altered. Imperial Agents now begin play with Crouch, allowing the player to take cover at any location.

Defensive bonuses are determined by the characters position, and Show Cover is now on by default.

Snipers receive an additional passive ability, Hold Position, that increases ranged defense and provides immunity to knockbacks and activation pushback while in cover.

Bounty Hunter

General

New skills have been added, and existing skills throughout all trees may be located in new tiers or have been otherwise adjusted.

Kolto Overload now heals for 15% of your maximum health over 10 seconds. Health gained from this ability is no longer temporary.

Mercenary

High Velocity Gas Cylinder is now Mercenary-only and is available at level 20.

Combat Support Cylinder, which causes Rapid Shots to charge blasters, increasing all damage and healing dealt and allowing Rapid Shots to heal friendly targets, has been added.

Arsenal

Tracer Lock now causes Tracer Missile to grant a stacking buff that increases the damage dealt by the next Rail Shot.

Riddle is no longer an active ability. It now increases the damage dealt by Unload. All skills that previously affected Riddle now affect Unload.

Bodyguard

Supercharged Gas has been added. This ability requires 30 stacks of Combat Support Cylinder charges, increases all healing and damage dealt by the player for a short duration, and dramatically improves the effects of several key abilities.

Powertech

High Energy Gas Cylinder, which increases all internal and elemental damage dealt while active, has been added.

Shield Tech

Ablative Upgrades no longer increases the duration of Kolto Overload.

Advanced Prototype

Prototype Power Cycler has been renamed to Prototype Flame Thrower. Flame Sweep generates stacks that affect and are consumed by the next use of Flame Thrower.

All skills which previously affected High Velocity Gas Cylinder now affect High Energy Gas Cylinder.

Replaced Improved Grapple with Advanced Tools, which lowers the cooldown of Flame Thrower and Grapple.

Trooper

General

New skills have been added, and existing skills throughout all trees may be located in new tiers or have been otherwise adjusted.

Adrenaline Rush now heals for 15% of your maximum health over 10 seconds. Health gained from this ability is no longer temporary.

Commando

Kolto Cell has been removed.

Combat Support Cell, which causes Hammer Shot to charge the player’s blaster, increasing all damage and healing dealt and allowing Hammer Shot to heal friendly targets, has been added.

Gunnery

Charged Barrel now causes Grav Round to grant a stacking buff that increases the damage dealt by your next High Impact Bolt.

Rotary Cannon is no longer an active ability; it now increases the damage dealt by Full Auto.

All skills that previously affected Rotary Cannon now affect Full Auto.

Combat Medic

Supercharge Cells has been added. This ability increases all healing and damage dealt by the player for a short duration and dramatically improves the effects of several key abilities.

Vanguard

High Energy Cell, which increases all internal and elemental damage dealt while active, has been added.

Shield Specialist

Ceramic Plating no longer increases the duration of Adrenaline Rush.

Tactics

Pulse Generator now causes the next Pulse Cannon to consume and be affected by stacks generated by Explosive Surge.

All skills which previously affected Armor Piercing Cell now affect High Energy Cell.

Replaced Improved Harpoon with Tactical Tools, which lowers the cooldown of Pulse Cannon and Harnnnn

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that would allow Troopers to mount vehicles while on their personal starship.

Companion Characters

General

New abilities based on Companion Characters’ species or backgrounds have been added.

New Companion Character customization packages are available.

Companion Characters will now only heal players belonging to the group they are in.

Changed the placement of some Companion Character dialogue.

Ashara

Fixed a conversation with Ashara so that it properly takes place only on a player’s personal starship.

Azalie

Added new affection options to several missions.

Xalek

Added a unique tank stance called “Force Barrier” that raises armor rating while in tank mode.

Bug Fixes

Companion Character behavior has been improved; they no longer stand in front of the player as frequently.

Fixed an issue where players could reset their Hangar phase while group members were still inside.

Fixed an issue on Taris that allowed players to speak to their Companion Characters outside of Rest Zones.

Companion Characters no longer teleport to enemies during combat.

Crew Skills

General

Improved filtering capability in Crew Skills panel.

Researching item modifications will now have more variation in yield.

Gathering

Adjusted the number of credits obtained from Slicing nodes.

Renamed Sliced Tech Parts to Scavenged Tech Parts and made Tech Parts collectable through Scavenging rather than Slicing.

Moved Augments from Underworld Trading to Slicing.

Schematics for personal starship upgrades can now be obtained through Slicing.

Crafting

Adjusted training costs for crafting Crew Skills.

Adjusted some of the item modification options for crafting skills.

Cybertech earpieces and Biochem implants can now yield research variations when they are reverse engineered.

Shield generator schematics are now available from the Cybertech and Artifice Crew Skill trainers.

Research schematics are now available for crafted item modifications.

It is now possible to research items learned at 400 crafting skill.

All blaster barrels are now crafted through Armstech.

Armstech can now craft a wider variety weapons, such as vibroblades and scatterguns.

Artifice can now craft all enhancements and hilts.

Color crystal schematics are now available in Artifice.

Schematics for personal starship upgrades have been added.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that caused crafted Artifact-quality items to have the same stats as crafted Prototype-quality items.

Fixed an issue that would allow items to be swapped in the middle of being reverse engineered.

Flashpoints

Two new Flashpoints, Mandalorian Raiders and The Red Reaper, are now available for play!

Many Flashpoints have had new loot added, and existing drops have been updated.

The Flashpoint difficulty option has been moved from the Group submenu and is now under the Phase submenu.

Made adjustments to enemy group composition in several Flashpoints.

Bringing Down the Hammer: Added significant polish and new maps.

Directive 7

• Extended aggro radius for the first boss, Detector.

Bug Fixes

Flashpoint difficulty no longer reverts to normal while inside a Flashpoint when the leader quits the group.

The Tomb Opens: Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent players from completing the Flashpoint.

Mission mapnotes now display correctly in Flashpoints.

Itemization

Many more items now have modification slots, and more modifiable items are available from mission rewards and enemy drops.

As players progress through the game, more types of modifiable items become available.

The quality level of empty modifiable gear drops has been increased to at least Prototype.

Weapon, armor, and other type-specific base item modifications have been reintroduced.

Affected Crew Skills have been adjusted to reflect this.

Companion Character gear has been substantially updated.

The distribution of stat points on equipment has been adjusted for balance across equipment types.

Random gear with modification slots has been removed. Increased overall visual variety of gear available on each planet.

Items

General

Added space suit gear as a reward for Space Combat.

Origin World chests now provide medpacs without a level requirement.

Removed offhand-only lightsaber and blaster pistol random drops.

A new line of random shield generators has been added.

Renamed the Jungle Outfit to Survivalist Outfit for the Companion Character Corso Riggs.

Created a line of light side and dark side relics.

Vendors

Some PvP vendors now sell lockboxes that grant random items and PvP consumables.

Items available from PvP vendors have been adjusted across all levels and ranks.

Added more social gear to Social Vendors. Weapons vendors now carry Polesabers.

The Korriban stims vendor has moved to the cantina and now carries Stims and cantina and jukebox items.

Removed the Companion Customization Kit vendor from Coruscant.

Added a Companion supply vendor to the Imperial Spaceport on Corellia.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

General

Removed or replaced some bonus missions.

Requirement for players to take the shuttle to Belsavis has been removed from all class missions (except Bounty Hunter).

Adjusted the number and type of enemies required to complete several bonus missions.

Players will now receive mail as a follow-up to some missions.

Endcrawl missions have been added.

Several conversation cinematics have received polish.

Empire

A Family Matter: Fixed an issue that could allow players to kill necessary mission NPCs with their Companion Characters.

A New Order: Fixed an issue that could cause the player to remain stuck in the Republic Crystal Refinery’s Green Crystal Room after deactivating the shield.

A Question of Motivation: This mission now begins in Bugtown instead of the Markaran Plains.

Bashun’s Bodyguards: Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent players from getting credit for killing Cathar Gunners.

Breaking the Resistance: Adjusted the number of Security Hub Alpha and Security Hub Beta terminals to one.

Carving a Path: Added missing Scanner mission item.

Coronet Arms Massacre: Updated several artillery items.

Digging His Own Grave: The conversation with Slam Streever will no longer end prematurely in some circumstances.

Fatal Blow: Fixed an issue that would sometimes trigger the wrong cinematics.

Found in Translation: Polished the Esh-kha weapons crates; they will now change appearance when looted.

The Esh-kha weaponry’s item icon has been changed to better match the look of the Esh-kha weapons.

Friends of the Republic: Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent this mission from being completed.

General Frellka: Fixed an issue where players could not interact with alarm wall panels.

Ghosts of the Desert: Players who leave the Palawa Cave phase durinq the step “Defeat the Infected

Palawa / Infected Pernn or the subsequent step to Speak to the Palawa Leader will no longer find

themselves unable to re-enter the phase.

Giant Killer: The Cyber Neutralizer now functions properly.

Heist: Players are no longer unable to leave Megasecurity Ward 23.

Jedi Spy: Updated cinematics and made several adjustments to the fight with Master Injaye.

Key to the Vaults: The Esh-kha Keeper will now properly attack when approached.

Like a Rancor in a Pottery Shop: Fixed an issue that caused the Aide Museum Curator’s conversation to incorrectly repeat.

Lerantha Dam Underground: Fixed an issue that would cause the User Interface to remain after the mission is over.

PvP

General

Resolve now decays over time.

PvP consumables are available for use in the designated Open World PvP areas on Hum and Tatooine.

Open World PvP

Open World PvP on Hum has been updated and improved. Players who enter the Open World PvP zone now
obtain a mission and rocket launcher, and must fight to control five points on the map.

Added a new Open World Free-for-All PvP area on Tatooine where any non-group member can be attacked,
regardless of faction.

Warzones

• The PvP matchmaking system now takes more factors into account to evenly match opposing teams.

Grouped players are now distributed more evenly when starting a same-faction Warzone.

Alderaan Civil War: The names for the maps in the Alderaan Civil War have been adjusted.

Voidstar: The UI now shows active bomb timers for this Warzone.

Voidstar

Interacting with the Datacore Console no longer causes a large spotlight to get stuck on players until they leave the Warzone.

Huttball

Players can no longer throw the ball to themselves.

Players are no longer able to score by throwing the ball and then immediately entering the scoring zone Baron Deathmark will no longer announce that the ball has been reset before the match starts. Fixed an issue where players could be killed by catching the ball.

IMPORTANT:

The first time you press Play, please wait up to 15 minutes for the game to load. This long load is a one-time process that occurs the first time you start the game during which you will see a black screen. If you click or Alt-Tab, you may receive an error, so please be patient during this initial load.
-Thankfully they added hyperlinked items and click name to /tell. That's some basic stuff that was really annoying not having in the game.

-glad they increased the overall difficulty of the mobs. It was a little easy.

-nice to see Sprint ability automatically reactivate after combat

-respec cost reduced. Nice as well since you really don't know what you're doing the first time.

-companions don't get in your way as much (used to block NPCs a lot)

overall, a lot of nice adjustments and additions.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

New build is available for download for those previously in beta. New forums are up as well.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Got my invite for testing weekend. I think it is this weekend though, which fucking blows! Guess I'll get a chance Sunday to fart around a bit and get used to controls, etc.

I think everyone who signed up prior to 11/11 gets an invite. Oh, and their site is overloaded atm.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

start downloading early so you can actually play during the weekend. It's about a 22GB download or more.

Weekend beta is kinda hard to get a full grasp on things since leveling is slower. You probably won't get into the advanced classes. You will get a good idea of how the questing system works and hopefully you make it to the first flashpoint (around level 9-10) when you're leaving the first planet, be sure to choose the "Black Talon" option (if on the dark side, think that's the spelling). That will allow you to go through a 4 man instance that's cool and gives you a good idea of a teaming with other players.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, was hoping to start the DL before leaving to work, but the site is flooded. Hopefully can get that going tonight.
en kærlighed småkager
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

This is the second one of these I get now. Not sure I'll partake as it's a massive download for 2 days worth of play...

I've also got Skyrim to experience now as well.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

They announced that they're going to bring a high-level server online at some point this test. Down side is that the toons will be random base/advanced class combos (therefore random faction as well), but if I read correctly, you will have a full bank to pick from.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

had the invite but decided against the dl.
I get the feeling I'm going to miss playing this game altogether