PSVita

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: PSVita

Post by Funkmasterr »

P4G is consuming my life.

That is all.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Vita "Slim" coming to the US (North America?) in Spring. Get the OLED version soon if you prefer that.
The Borderlands 2 bundle featuring the redesigned "slim" PlayStation Vita, the PCH-2000 model, is available for pre-order from Amazon for $199.
I would seriously consider picking one up if it had hdmi out. Sometimes I want a bigger screen experience. Vita TV needs to come to NA as well!
According to Muneki Shimada, Sony Director of the Second Division of Software Development, the original PCH-1000 series PlayStation Vita already includes an upscaler that supports up to 1080i resolution, however it was decided that the idea for video output for the original Vita was to be scrapped in favor for releasing the PlayStation Vita TV as a separate device for television connectivity. The in-built scaler has been removed from the PCH-2000 series PlayStation Vita mode
Well that's a bit lame to know it had the ability.. All they had to do was put the output port there!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Someone remind me tomorrow to get Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the Vita PS+. Thanks!

Maybe should have an Xbox Live/PS+ Thread dedicated to freebie releases to compliment the game discount threads.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Firmware Update 3.10:
  • * You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.

* A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.

* A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.

* You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

A few others that didn't seem to make the list:
- Bluetooth keyboard support (that was previously available only for the PS Vita TV) has been extended to all PS Vitas.

- A “freeform” mode has been added to the panoramic camera application.

- In the Music app you can now search by keyword between the tracks in the PC to which you’re connected. The Video app can now sort files by size and the clock can be set to detect daylight savings automatically.

- You can set 30 minutes as an option to enter sleep mode within the power saving settings, in addition to the previously supported 1, 3, 5 and 10 minutes options.
Yay for the 30 minute sleep mode. 10 was nowhere near enough!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I tried out Monster Hunters Unite. It looks like it might be ok but I don't think I can deal with the small screen. Could be the type of game or maybe I'm just getting old and can't deal with small screens anymore. I think it's more playing a full blown RPG game on a tiny screen though as I play other games on my " iPhone screen without issues although iPad is much better for that sort of thing.

Games like this and FF type games are better on larger screens IMO.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Ninten does what Sonydon't?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Been playing No Heroes Allowed: No Monsters either on the Vita the last few days.

It's a Match 3 falling brick game that presents itself as free to play but is crippled without actually paying money. On the free version you get 3 plays(digging picks) that regenerate after 8 hours or so. 1 pick allows you to play a level, win or lose. For 8$, you unlock unlimited picks and can play to your heart's content The kicker is it's actually pretty enjoyable if you want to kill time and have a few bucks to spare.

You play the evil lord and heroes are invading your caves. When you match 3 blocks, it spawns monsters that hurt he heroes. Win a round and you can capture heroes that can be used to level up/upgrade your monsters or you can put them to work in your mine to get treasure and other, random monsters. Treasure can also be used to level up your monsters.

Another part that you can pay to upgrade is the amount of heroes that can work in your mine. By default you can have 4 you can get that up to 12 for another 2$.

Once you do that, I believe the nickel and diming ends and you have everything in the game. Frankly, I would've been fine with a demo and 10$ outright as I believe the game is fun enough to command that price.

For the record, I paid for unlimited plays yesterday.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you have PS+ and haven't 'tagged' these yet since you might not have a Vita.. Should do that. You might get a Vita later and then will have access to these games:
If you’re a PlayStation Plus member who hasn’t downloaded the original three titles from the PlayStation Vita Instant Game Collection (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048), what’s wrong with you? Haha, but no really – what’s wrong with you? They’re great games. Not only that, but this will be the last week you’ll be able to grab them free in North America.

According to this week’s PlayStation Blog Plus update, all three of these games will be rotating out of the IGC come the 24th at 5pm GCT (Grace Chen Time™, a.k.a. whenever the store updates).

If you’re even remotely interested in playing these titles, I suggest you either download them, tag them (start the download, then cancel it), or add it to your cart on the SEN website and complete purchase. You don’t even need a Vita for this if you use the SEN website

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm really meh on Wipeout as a whole but Uncharted and Gravity Rush are both great games.

Also, Hot Shot Golf: Wold Invitational is 3.50$ at the moment and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is free with PS+
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I platinumed Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 but for whatever reason couldn't get into Golden Abyss. I'll get back to it eventually I'm sure.

I bought Sly 4 on the PS3 when it came out. I'm a fan of the Sly games. Is a good game for free!

I haven't played Gravity Rush yet.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Welp it looks like Sony is about ready to put the Vita out to pasture already.. It's a long article but essentially they're positioning the Vita as a dumb terminal for the PS4 and are happy that Indies and 3rd party are building for it but Sony is winding down their development for the platform.

A damned shame in my mind but probably the right business decision.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/18/582082 ... ng-forward
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I didn't really get that impression (that it was being "put out to pasture") from the article. There will just be fewer First Party titles. Not that there was really that many of them in the past. That doesn't stop anyone else from creating games for it. It's not really the place for big budget AAA games anyway imo.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

what do you mean by "dumb terminal" for the PS4?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Boogahz wrote:what do you mean by "dumb terminal" for the PS4?
Essentially relegated as a remote play endpoint for the PS4. Nothing running on the Vita itself.

Frankly I can see Sony not crafting huge, 15 hour AA titles for it but at the very least invest in 10-15$ games like Journey and others for the platform. If you want to foster it as a place for indies, at least support your platform as such.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm sure there will still be stuff by Sony put out. They just said "fewer" first party games not zero first party games!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

RIP Vita.

Sony killed it with their proprietary memory cards. Well I guess the cards themselves weren’t the problem but the price was. They really should have been priced liked comparable SD cards.

They also fucked up by not making a local output connector. They could have beat the Switch to market with a ‘hybrid’ console by years.

--