Moderators: Truant, Fairweather Pure

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

World War Z movie

Post by Bubba Grizz »

http://news.yahoo.com/brad-pitts-world- ... 44825.html
Brad Pitt's "World War Z" to be released December 21, 2012
By Joshua L. Weinstein | Reuters – 11 hrs ago....tweet0Share0EmailPrint......LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Zombies -- trendier than yesterday's vampires -- will hit the big screen on the first day of winter 2012, as Paramount releases "World War Z" on December 21 of next year, the studio announced Tuesday.

Brad Pitt stars in and is producing the thriller, now shooting in England. The movie completed initial photography in Malta last month and also will also shoot in Scotland and Hungary.

The movie is about a tough-guy United Nations employee, played by Pitt, who travels the world in an effort to stop a zombie pandemic that is destroying humanity.

The ambitious script was written by Matthew Michael Carnahan ("State of Play"), who adapted it from Max Brooks' best-selling novel "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War." Marc Forster is directing.

In addition to Pitt, the movie stars Mireille Enos ("The Killing"), James Badge Dale ("The Departed"), Matthew Fox ("Lost") and newcomer Daniella Kertesz.

Pitt is producing with Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Colin Wilson.

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: World War Z movie

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Siskel and Ebert give this movie 2 thumbs up!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I am actually taking a "Exploring the zombie apocalypse" class right now. Tomorrow is the last day and we're probably all getting together and going to see this, hopefully it's decent. I've had to watch some pretty terrible zombie movies for this class.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Outside of an implausible escape this movie was freaking awesome.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I liked it, I haven't read the book, but I'm kind of interested in doing so now.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

It would be difficult to make this book into a movie and stay true to the book unless they did a documentary (which would be freaking awesome) and made it a mini series. They converted the movie to fit with the times and I think they did a great job with it. You can tell where they tried to stay close to the book though.