Age of Empires Online

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Age of Empires Online

Post by Bubba Grizz »

http://ageofempiresonline.com/

Did anyone know this was coming out? This was the first I heard of it. I'm not sure if I am excited or not. I should say I was excited until I did some reading about purchasing premium items from the store in game. That alone kind of killed it for me. Though I do like to play AoE with friends, usually in a co-op against the computer though.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Age of Empires Online

Post by Zaelath »

Seems like the main focus is co-op against the computer, not sure if you can even PvP? (Edit: apparently they have 1v1/2v2 arenas. This was the first example of the free version being broken, in that travelling to Sparta inserted plans for an arena into my inventory that was no trade, no sell, no destroy, but also unuseable because I needed to buy the expansion pack first)

Still playing through tutorials at the moment, seems like quite a lot of game for free and $40 for the 3 race pack seems decent.... still not sure if I'll buy it though. (Edit: looking less likely, but then I'm not a huge RTS fan)
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.